• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's pretty active on her facebook fan page if you wanna try there.

Appriciate any help given, everyone always talks about "going bigger" and "growing" the show, but I really need some help now and then for that to happen. :p

Once you're schedule for upcoming episodes is clear, I need to work up the nerve to ask Laura Bailey to be on.

"When's Laura" is becoming my own personal "when's Mahvel" :p

Levito

Banned
Holy shit, is that actually the name of a song?

It's like, one of the most famous sons of all time. :p

That's a cover but I think it's better than the original. The lyrics are perfect for PersonaGAF's relationship with Persona 5.

Once you're schedule for upcoming episodes is clear, I need to work up the nerve to ask Laura Bailey to be on.

"When's Laura" is becoming my own personal "when's Mahvel" :p

You might as well ask sooner rather than later. On the 20th we're finally recording the SMT IV episode. After that nothing is set, I want to do the episode music badly but Dale didn't respond to my latest email, may have gotten trapped in Dtoid's spam filter. Hope so because I talked to him in person and he said he'd love to do it.

CJ is also going to ask Lotus Juice to come on, that'd be wild.

cjkeats

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM

If there's anyone involved with Persona production on the Japan end of it we would ever have a chance of getting, it's him. He's interactive with his fans, and actually knows english. He's currently in San Francisco getting ready to head to Denver on Friday for a con performance. First time in America.

Meia

If there's anyone involved with Persona production on the Japan end of it we would ever have a chance of getting, it's him. He's interactive with his fans, and actually knows english. He's currently in San Francisco getting ready to head to Denver on Friday for a con performance. First time in America.

That would really be amazing. Would love to hear stuff from an artist working on a game like that, have so many questions. :p

Sophia

Yeah, Lotus Juice is a real nice guy from what I hear. It's rare for people to interact with his fans like he does. Really passionate about it too, so there's a good chance of him getting on there.

Moonlight

Banned
SLink is fucking going places, holy shit.

Lunar15

Not a knock on P3, but it is kind of funny how it's been so long since we've had a new, proper persona game that they're actually going back to P3 to keep the media cash grab going.

Maybe if we end up waiting long enough, Atlus will finally acknowledge P2 with a movie and stage show.

Caladrius

Not a knock on P3, but it is kind of funny how it's been so long since we've had a new, proper persona game that they're actually going back to P3 to keep the media cash grab going.

They were sort of sitting on the milking opportunity for a long time, P4 was just the sign that they could go crazy.

Maybe if we end up waiting long enough, Atlus will finally acknowledge P2 with a movie and stage show.

Hahahahahaha-I wish -_-
Also why does every pokemon thread turn into an opportunity to shit on whatever designs people happen to dislike. I'm glad no one ever goes into demon arguments here.

Trigger

Heh, came to post that. Saw it this morning. Unisex naming basically confirmed to be deliberate then.

Might bode well for dual protagonists from the get-go in P5 (though I have no clue how popular their stage plays are).

I hope so. There's a large enough interest in a female lead that it would be weird to ignore that possibility again.

abH8W.gif

We should be happy they even took the time to update the PS1 games.

Caladrius

Nah, that's what the SMT4 reveal threads were for.

I forgot about that. It seems to have died a bit at the least. Maybe its because of their disposability and not having a pretense of childhood memories for people to hold onto. Either way, Pokemon war.... Pokemon war never changes.

dfs98df7sd1.gif

The Persona 3 stage play is going to have multiple shows, one for each protagonist, apparently.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/1...performances-for-male-and-female-protagonist/
That's cool. Well, the show itself is probably gonna be super corny but y'know.
Also why does every pokemon thread turn into an opportunity to shit on whatever designs people happen to dislike. I'm glad no one ever goes into demon arguments here.
Guess I'm not missing much skipping the thread this time around :p. Though wouldn't the Persona equivalent be a character war?

Squire

Banned
Guess I'm not missing much skipping the thread this time around :p. Though wouldn't the Persona equivalent be a character war?

It'd be demons, I think. We basically manage them the same you would Pokemon.

And besides, Persona on the whole has better characters than like 90% of games.

Because some people are unable to accept other people's opinions as valid.

Everyone knows Gen V is the best anyways :T

kewlmyc

It'd be demons, I think. We basically manage them the same you would Pokemon.

And besides, Persona on the whole has better characters than like 90% of games.
I was referring to the 'my favourite character/monster > your favourite character/monster' type silliness, but then that's always light-hearted, not like with the same old rubbish you see come up with Pokemon. Plus I have yet to hop aboard the SMT boat so I haven't seen demon fights :p.

Though since you brought it up, I gotta say playing through P2 the Persona series really does have some A grade characters. I can't think of any other games I've played that match up.

kewlmyc

Because some people are unable to accept other people's opinions as valid.

Everyone knows Gen V is the best anyways :T

Pokemon wise, no. But everything else wise, I agree. It was refreshing to go through an entire region and not see any old pokemon until you beat the game. The story was the most interesting out of all the pokemon games too. Also, having two rivals needs to me mandatory from here on out.

Caladrius

This talk is giving me the urge to mix Pokemon and SMT together. (Well, pokemon in an SMT story, not a straight up crossover) When Gen VI comes and we know the legendaries I WILL write this. It's probably been done before though. Hmm.

This talk is giving me the urge to mix Pokemon and SMT together. (Well, pokemon in an SMT story, not a straight up crossover) When Gen VI comes and we know the legendaries I WILL write this. It's probably been done before though. Hmm.

This sounds like it would be so bad yet I know I would read it!

I'm a sucker for some bad fabric

EMT0

Banned

Aim more specifically. It'd be a waifu war. And those actually DO happen. As soon as we get some Persona 5 character art, PersonaGAF will turn into trench warfare.

The Junpei/Yosuke debate is essentially our pokemon generational debate.

Because in both, really, we all lose.
Because they're all awesome.
I'd like to see Pokemon designs reimagined in Kaneko's demon style. Could be pretty cool if done right.

EMT0

Banned
No, they don't.

Half the arguments about what the canon love interest are in Persona 3 kind of end as thinly veiled 'my choice is better than your choice'. Granted, P3 basically requires Minato to be triple timing at a minimum to line up canonically, but people will argue to the ends of time whether Yukari, Elizabeth, or Aigis are the canon interest.

Trigger

While we're on the topic, I never really saw Aigis as a love interest. I felt her interests in him are more tied to her growth as a person and learning to connect with people. In a perfect world
(where he didn't die)
they'd probably just be friends. I know the option is kinda there, but it feels wrong to put the moves on her.

Half the arguments about what the canon love interest are in Persona 3 kind of end as thinly veiled 'my choice is better than your choice'. Granted, P3 basically requires Minato to be triple timing at a minimum to line up canonically, but people will argue to the ends of time whether Yukari, Elizabeth, or Aigis are the canon interest.

Yeah it essentially boils down to "my pick is better because I said so and I like/dislike this and that and that's my only defense". While I'm actually curious how the movie will handle it, getting into arguments over it don't end well usually. I guess for now it'll never be solved...

*calls Unsolved Mysteries*

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It's like, one of the most famous sons of all time. :p

That's a cover but I think it's better than the original. The lyrics are perfect for PersonaGAF's relationship with Persona 5.

4h6obgL.png

(I just noticed this post)

While we're on the topic, I never really saw Aigis as a love interest. I felt her interests in him are more tied to her growth as a person and learning to connect with people. In a perfect world
(where he didn't die)
they'd probably just be friends. I know the option is kinda there, but it feels wrong to put the moves on her.

That's all it is, really, no moves are put on her, so to speak.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah it essentially boils down to "my pick is better because I said so and I like/dislike this and that and that's my only defense". While I'm actually curious how the movie will handle it, getting into arguments over it don't end well usually. I guess for now it'll never be solved...

Much like the P4 anime, I don't think there will be any emphasis on a specific love interest between the protagonist and another character.

Trigger

While I'm actually curious how the movie will handle it, getting into arguments over it don't end well usually. I guess for now it'll never be solved...

He'll be a sleepy, quiet oddball that all the girls fawn over for different reasons; except Mitsuru who the movie will probably ship with Akihiko. Though Yukari does share some pretty poignant scenes with him.

PK Gaming

Obligatory:

tyt2dy1.jpg

EMT0

Banned
(where he didn't die)

I feel like she wanted it to be more than just (emotional) comfort friends with Minato, but couldn't. In P4A, the meanest thing that Shadow Labrys' illusions can throw at her is that what she fears
most is that she'll never experience love
. Which should be understood emotionally, but there's also a physical component. Yeah, love doesn't necessarily mean physical at all, but Aigis is human on the inside. She'd have the urges, and the closest thing she gets to love is the bond she has with Minato. Plus the plot states that you are everything to Aigis from day one that you meet her.

I don't think it's that she either was or wasn't a love interest, it's that they try to let people who want her to be to see it as such, and people who don't want to see it as such can interpret it another way. The plot seems to be purposefully ambivalent about the exact details between Aigis and Minato, other than the fact that by the end, they both care for each other strongly.

FluxWaveZ

Man, no one said whether Elizabeth
's arcana was the Fool or not in the character select menu for P4C
(Persona 4 Arena spoilers).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom