• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Yeah, I guess the simple explanation is that it was just a lame joke (though I don't recall the reference to it later on). It's just weird since those moments are the only ones that stand out to me as really random and odd in the entire game.

I felt the exact same way about the early food court scene with Yosuke.

What Kaz said probably makes the most sense. Some scenes don't necessarily need a point, and that kind of haphazard approach to character interaction is one of P4s greatest strengths. It makes it feel more organic.

FluxWaveZ

I felt the exact same way about the early food court scene with Yosuke.

What Kaz said probably makes the most sense. Some scenes don't necessarily need a point, and that kind of haphazard approach to character interaction is one of P4s greatest strengths. It makes it feel more organic.

True, I didn't even consider that even though it's one of the reasons I enjoy P4 so much. It makes the characters and the interactions between them more believable, or at least endearing.

Someone just contacted me about possibly selling their Junpei hat, and my Helel's Luck and Endurance are finally maxed.

Everything's comin' up Scrafty!

Persona 3/4 emulates the day to day life of these characters, not everything that happens in life has a point.

Btw anyone ever notice that you never see any of your friends houses or most of their families? P4A rectifies this a bit by letting you see Yosuke and Teddie's room, Chie's room, Kanji's room and a hotel Naoto is staying at. Also, as for the family issue, I picture their families like adults in Peanuts.

"Mom, I'm gonna go out with Yukiko Yosuke and Yu, gonna go to Junes and get something to eat!"

Mwa wa wa wa wa wa wa

"Oh mom, cmoooon you know em, I'll be fine!"

MWA

"Ok ok, fine I'll be home at 8. Sheesh."

Wa Woooo

"Yea yea, love you too mom."

as for the family issue, I picture their families like adults in Peanuts.

"Mom, I'm gonna go out with Yukiko Yosuke and Yu, gonna go to Junes and get something to eat!"

Mwa wa wa wa wa wa wa

"Oh mom, cmoooon you know em, I'll be fine!"

MWA

"Ok ok, fine I'll be home at 8. Sheesh."

Wa Woooo

"Yea yea, love you too mom."

I suddenly want to see this in the game now

EMT0

Banned
Got P4A this monday.

I beat Yu's and Yosuke's stories up to where it let me. What's the best order to proceed in? I'm afraid that Chie's and Yukiko's will be the same thing all over again.
How do I unlock the continuation of Yu's story for example?

I'd alternate between doing the story for someone from the P3 cast/Naoto/Teddie and doing Chie/Yukiko/Kanji's stories. I did Yu, Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko's stories all back to back. It was a very bad idea.

Vodh

Just beat P4G on Vita, damn what a fine game! Glad I got to the True Ending, as cool as the game was, I can't really see myself replaying it. Still, a damn good game, ~90h to beat.

todd360

Just beat P4G on Vita, damn what a fine game! Glad I got to the True Ending, as cool as the game was, I can't really see myself replaying it. Still, a damn good game, ~90h to beat.

Did you get the true ending without a guide? If so major props.

Vodh

Did you get the true ending without a guide? If so major props.

Nah, used a guide. The first few moments where you could stray would have been a relatively simple 'that can't be it, reload save' trial and error, but the
part where you actually have to ditch packing in favour of exploring a rumor about the fog in the TV world
I would have definitely missed.

mrjohill

No you get to wait for persona 5 with us! Should be getting some news any day now... Yep any day now...

PK Gaming

tumblr_mszgmrs9491sf8vcyo1_500.png

AKA, Eikichi describes nearly every SMT game.

Meia

Going with girls Persona 4 one, as it seems to be one of the most customizable. Had no idea Yukiko was actually wearing one for the longest damn time, took recognizing the yellow scarf before I did.

Besides, summer uniform Chie is best Chie.

Soma

Going by the uniforms themselves, Persona 4 had some nice school uniform designs. The checkered pattern + the stitch lines really work out surprisingly well.

P3 had good designs too but the others just seemed a bit bland in comparison, imo.

Moonlight

Banned
Went ahead and voted for Yasogami (female). There are some characters that rock the Gekkoukan uniform really well (well, FeMC and Aigis, mostly) but P4's design has always proven the most attractive for me. It's a bit more minimal than the Gekkoukan uniforms, and really just strikes a better balance between style and practicality. Gekkoukan veers a little too much to the former to feel, I dunno, like something people would actually wear.

Honestly, I don't really care for the school uniforms prior to P3 and P4. I don't think style really came into the equation for the uniforms before then.

On a somewhat related, but not really note, I always did like how P4 handled its' character designs, particularly the uniforms. It's essentially the same blank canvas between two genders, but the little elements to personalize between each character enhances the effect so much. Really, I think there's a lot more information being communicated visually with, say, Chie's uniform (like, for instance, the buttons) than Mitsuru's basic wardrobe. Or even (and I personally like this one the most) Rise who chooses not to personalize her uniform at all.

Dantis

I like Gekkoukan's the most.

Both of Soejima's uniform designs are infinitely more stylish than Kaneko's stuff, either way.

dkoy

Hello PersonaGAF. Lurker here who's account got verified today so just wanted to say hi :).

And now back to lurking for me :p

Trigger

I prefer the Yasogami uniforms. I find the jackets very stylish. I'd wear it even if I wasn't in a school.

Hello PersonaGAF. Lurker here who's account got verified today so just wanted to say hi :).

And now back to lurking for me :p

ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US

Mrcapcom

So super thanks to everyone who helped me out.
I did everything and now im getting sweeps like crazy on P4 and I have been grindin Yukiko's Castle and getting some items and leveling up. I also met the Fox who lets me heal SP which is insanely helpful. I usually play on the commute to and from work so I end up grinding alot and just do the story when I run out of SP.

I just past my mid term and I still haven't gone to work yet lol but I have been making some social links. So hype gonna be mad when I beat the game.Is there a New Game+ after?

Trigger

So super thanks to everyone who helped me out.
I did everything and now im getting sweeps like crazy on P4 and I have been grindin Yukiko's Castle and getting some items and leveling up. I also met the dog who lets me heal SP which is insanely helpful. I usually play on the commute to and from work so I end up grinding alot and just do the story when I run out of SP.

I just past my mid term and I still haven't gone to work yet lol but I have been making some social links. So hype gonna be mad when I beat the game.Is there a New Game+ after?

It's a fox. :p

There is a new game plus and this is what carries over in case you're curious:

Previous Play Time.
Amount of Yen you have.
Persona Compendium List.
Amount of persona slots.
Key items from Max Social Link Events.
Status Parameters (Eg. Courage, Knowledge, Etc).
Costumes
Daidara Shopping List
Skill Cards

Things that doesn't get transferred:

Character Levels.
The Personas you have at the end.
The equipment you have.
The items you have.
Analysis data of shadows.

Shamelessly quoting from GameFaqs since I'm too lazy to find my old posts in the P4G OT thread.

Sophia

I prefer the Yasogami uniforms. I find the jackets very stylish. I'd wear it even if I wasn't in a school.

I think it might be obvious, but I prefer the Gekkoukan Uniforms. They actually look like a uniform someone would want to wear. The Yasogami ones are pretty good, but the stitched lining look would probably not look as good in real life.

What about Social Links?

Social Links reset on New Game Plus. However you keep your social stats (making them easier to level) and the item that lets you summon the link's ultimate Persona.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm going to make a controversial opinion here.

I was never a fan of Elizabeth. I think Margaret was the much better character.

Meia

I feel like it would be a Christmas decoration and I wouldn't want to have it out the rest of the year.

Yes, but a Persona Christmas decoration? That shit is HOT.

*orders 10*

Still waiting for the Chie high priestess figure. Do delays like this happen often with these things?

Trigger

Margaret is too cold and aloof for me.

I think it might be obvious, but I prefer the Gekkoukan Uniforms. They actually look like a uniform someone would want to wear. The Yasogami ones are pretty good, but the stitched lining look would probably not look as good in real life.

That's true. I've never seen any of the cosplays of the uniform in person, just photos.

Yes, but a Persona Christmas decoration? That shit is HOT.

*orders 10*

Still waiting for the Chie high priestess figure. Do delays like this happen often with these things?
Hope you order from BiginJapan:
http://biginjap.com/pvc-figures/8102-persona-3-elizabeth-christmas-ver.html
http://biginjap.com/pvc-figures/8101-persona-4-the-ultimate-in-mayonaka-arena-elizabeth-1-8.html
Delays happen quite a bit for some figures, just ask the Bayonetta figure fans XD and it seems the Chie figure should come out end of this month, too bad it was a Megatreshop exclusive, else it be cheaper and more available...

Just got the P3 design works, probably nothing new to you guys but there's some neat stuff in there. I think this part about Junpei backs up some of the stuff Scrafty was saying on S. Link.

SPOILERS for P3 (and possibly The Answer):
Persona 3: Official Design Works said:
A few years ago, Junpei's father became an alcoholic after suffering a devastating failure in his career. This alcoholism led to domestic abuse, of which Junpei was made a victim. Despite this harsh home environment, Junpei always maintains a cheerful demeanour, and treats others in a compassionate and supportive manner.
Junpei's personality is clearly reflected in the way he easily befriends the Hero soon after the Hero transfers to the school, as well as in the way Junpei interacts with Chidori. Unfortunately, Junpei's emotional overcompensation can sometimes manifest itself as a desperate need to feel loved, and can also lead Junpei to stick his nose where it isn't wanted. These personality traits can also cause Junpei's frustration to build quickly, which can transform his usually friendly demeanour into one that is more defensive and confrontational. Though Junpei's annoyance at the fact that the Hero doesn't seem to consider him "special" may seem childish, it is also the clearest representation of Junpei's true feelings.
After having his life saved by Chidori, Junpei is able to cast aside his self-absorbed tendencies in exchange for a more genuine ability to consider the feelings of others and encourage those who need it most.
He puts on a confident front, but he's actually quite shy and has low self-esteem.
The book also backs up some of the things I believed about Aigis. So I wasn't overthinking things after all.

And neat bit about Koro:
Being an albino meant that Koromaru was born physically weaker than normal dogs, so the monk originally named him "Koroumaru", a name which references both the tiger and the wolf, hoping to infuse some strength into the young pup.

Just got the P3 design works, probably nothing new to you guys but there's some neat stuff in there. I think this part about Junpei backs up some of the stuff Scrafty was saying on S. Link.

Yay! I wasn't talking out of my butt!

That note about Koro-chan is pretty neat, though. He should've had a bigger role in the game :'(

Meia

Yay! I wasn't talking out of my butt!

That note about Koro-chan is pretty neat, though. He should've had a bigger role in the game :'(

He's a dog.

To be less flippant about what "bigger" role a dog could have, he may have saved everyone's life by getting the remote from Ikutsuki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom