• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking around the Internet I'm slightly dissapointed that there is no Aigis cyborg ninja fan art I'd love to see that.

And on the subject of the movie how do you guys think social links are gonna be handled since the game takes place before summer and what personas do you think MC will be using.

And on love interest #TeamElizabeth, Aigis is definitely more like a sister or a daughter like figure we were close but not romantically it was platonic from how I read into it.

Cheska

Oh man, don't hate me guys. I spent all day re-organizing and have put together my Persona collection. I'll put the pictures in quotes so it doesn't take up too much space.

Xk7HcAM.jpg

VLJVGtp.jpg

uoKlSTK.jpg

Oys0iIl.jpg

TZLf2V5.jpg

5O3bLYQ.jpg

More pictures of my overall game room/collection

Oh man, don't hate me guys. I spent all day re-organizing and have put together my Persona collection. I'll put the pictures in quotes so it doesn't take up too much space.

More pictures of my overall game room/collection

Man, you're so lucky that you have the official Junpei hat ;_;

I lost mine on the subway and everyone online charges out the wazoo for it. I have a signed knockoff variant, but I can't wear it in public since it's crazy small.

Cheska

I'm jelly. I love the Selvaria you have! :D

Thank you! They actually had another up two days ago that was even less than the one I paid for.

Man, you're so lucky that you have the official Junpei hat ;_;

I lost mine on the subway and everyone online charges out the wazoo for it. I have a signed knockoff variant, but I can't wear it in public since it's crazy small.

Oh nooo :( Is it signed by Vic?

Persona GAF, I have a question for you. I own the original Person 4 for the PS2, but I've never played it. Should I start with the original, of get Golden?

FluxWaveZ

Persona GAF, I have a question for you. I own the original Person 4 for the PS2, but I've never played it. Should I start with the original, of get Golden?

Well, if you have a Vita and are willing to eventually play Persona 4 Golden, there's practically no reason to play the original over Golden.

Meia

If you have easy access to a Vita, Golden is the definitive version of 4; thankfully it's not a situation like 3's is.

Caladrius

If you don't have or plan on getting a Vita, then you can do fine with the PS2 version. Otherwise go with Golden

To add to this, Golden introduces a lot of mechanics and balance modifications that make the game flow much more smoothly and makes certain party members actually useful. (Naoto in particular, who is nigh-useless in the original release). The early game is very rough in the original version.

Also I'm never browsing tumblr ever again. It's a dangerous, unstoppable vortex for people like myself. (Except in the case of a browser crash, which I may or may not have caused.)

Well, if you have a Vita and are willing to eventually play Persona 4 Golden, there's practically no reason to play the original over Golden.

If you have easy access to a Vita, Golden is the definitive version of 4; thankfully it's not a situation like 3's is.

If you don't have or plan on getting a Vita, then you can do fine with the PS2 version. Otherwise go with Golden

I don't own a VIta at the moment, but I'm planning on getting one of the newer models if it's cheap enough.

Are there any actual significant differences? If there aren't and I don't wind up getting the new Vita, I'll play the original

FluxWaveZ

I don't own a VIta at the moment, but I'm planning on getting one of the newer models if it's cheap enough.

Are there any actual significant differences? If there aren't and I don't wind up getting the new Vita, I'll play the original

A lot of the changes/additions are listed here. I would say there are plenty of significant ones.

Trigger

All I have in terms of a persona collection is just game boxes for Arena and Golden, I have no real collection :(

Same here, lol. I still have my cheap art book bonus for Persona 3 too.

-new personae for the party and MC
-2 new social links
-an entire in-game month added to the calendar
-customizable new game plus difficulties
-new music
-fast forward button for scenes

lol, it's pretty significant. However most of the changes are such that you'd appreciate them if you played the original already. If you already have the PS2 game then play that. Eventually you'll get Golden and can still enjoy the new stuff IMO.

Sophia

There's nothing significantly different story-wise, unlike Persona 3 Portable's entirely new perspective. The vast majority of the additions are new slice of life scenes, new gameplay features, and rebalanced gameplay. One new dungeon as well.

If you play the original and then play Golden later, you'll appreciate the new changes, but it's not life changing or anything.

If you have the original, you should play it. No reason to hold out.

However most of the changes are such that you'd appreciate them if you played the original already. If you already have the PS2 game then play that. Eventually you'll get Golden and can still enjoy the new stuff IMO.

If you play the original and then play Golden later, you'll appreciate the new changes, but it's not life changing or anything.

If you have the original, you should play it. No reason to hold out.

Alright guys, thanks for the help. I'll play the original and if I ever happen to pick up a Vita I'll definitely get P4G.

Edit:
There's nothing significantly different story-wise, unlike Persona 3 Portable's entirely new perspective.

Is it worth giving P3P a shot? I played P3FES and it was fantastic.

Tamanon

Banned
Absolutely. The female protagonist is a fresh take on the game, and many people prefer her to the male protagonist.

We were told they were trying to get it done by the end of August.... and well it's a week into September sooo.... :p

So next Tuesday then.

EMT0

Banned
Alright, cool. I'll give that a shot too.

Why do people prefer the female though?

You can form S-Links with your party, ala Persona 4. And the writing got better due to more experience.

Supposedly. I still have yet to get on it, but I'm going to very soon. Even decked out my Vita in Persona 3 wallpapers for the occasion.

kewlmyc

I want to see all your guys' collections too! Persona love <3 <3 <3

http://myfigurecollection.net/collection/Kewlmyc

Plan of ordering the QuesQ Elizabeth this coming Friday. I would get the Alter Elizabeth, but she's so rare and expensive. Even she isn't worth $500+.

Social links with all the party members (yes even Ken) and generally better writing (she actually shows personality ala Yu). Downside is that her cheerful personality and options kinda don't mesh all that well with the plot at times.

Caladrius

The social links introduced in P3P take a lot of the lessons learned from P4, such as making sure all of your party members actually get links as well as interacting more with plot relevant characters (such as
Ryoji
and
Shinj.
)

You can form S-Links with your party, ala Persona 4. And the writing got better due to more experience.

Supposedly. I still have yet to get on it, but I'm going to very soon. Even decked out my Vita in Persona 3 wallpapers for the occasion.

Social links with all the party members (yes even Ken) and generally better writing (she actually shows personality ala Yu). Downside is that her cheerful personality and options kinda don't mesh all that well with the plot at times.

Her social links are a little more developed, IMO, and offer more insight into the party members.

Also, she looks awesome in an Argyle Sweater.

The social links introduced in P3P take a lot of the lessons learned from P4, such as making sure all of your party members actually get links as well as interacting more with plot relevant characters (such as
Ryoji
and
Shinj.
)

Alrighty thanks Persona friends. I'll play P4 and P3P and come back when I'm done

Gbraga

If there's anyone involved with Persona production on the Japan end of it we would ever have a chance of getting, it's him. He's interactive with his fans, and actually knows english. He's currently in San Francisco getting ready to head to Denver on Friday for a con performance. First time in America.

Yeah, Lotus Juice is a real nice guy from what I hear. It's rare for people to interact with his fans like he does. Really passionate about it too, so there's a good chance of him getting on there.

That would be just way too good, like, fucking godlike.

FluxWaveZ

Alright, so I gotta ask. Theoretically, any significant or standout part in a narrative is supposed to be there for a reason, right?

So, in Persona 4, what was the reason of the emphasis behind Yosuke's urgent need to urinate at the beginning of the game? To demonstrate that he's a teenager with little tact (which could have been determined from earlier scenes)? For humor (I'd argue that it really wasn't successful if that's the case)? It wasn't used as some kind of crazy foreshadowing plot point from what I recall.

All I can think of is that it was there as a callback to him grabbing his crotch due to injury previously, mainly as a means to alleviate the first time the mood of the game got dark, with the team being trapped in an unknown location, with the room with the noose and stuff.

I'd say it was pointless.

cjkeats

Could even be something lost in translation. Who knows?

They do call back to it later on
when you return to the room where he went. (Or didn't? I don;t remember if he went after "I can't go if you're watching") I think Teddie mentions it.

Dresden

Cheery, totally cute, great design, and a more party-friendly set of social links as opposed to the male lead's eclectic stable of fools and misfits. I'm still really fond of the latter, but FemC's appeal is very understandable.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, I guess the simple explanation is that it was just a lame joke (though I don't recall the reference to it later on). It's just weird since those moments are the only ones that stand out to me as really random and odd in the entire game.

Kazzy

In all honesty, I think that a good chunk of the script runs on a similar (hackneyed) approach towards it's comedy, though it does so with such earnestness, that it does become a really endearing quality. I think that it actually goes someway to fostering a believe able dynamic amongst the cast, as any natural conversation does tend to be littered with similarly pointless chatter. It eschews one of my pet peeves in media, and that is the fascination with having pithy, overly precise dialogue. Not every exchange is punctuated by a punch line, nor should it be. Personalities don't really work like that, and when it's used, it just results in everyone inhabiting overly familiar archetypes. I'll probably draw some hate for saying this, but it's one of the main reasons that I generally dislike the likes of Joss Whedon. It's odd that I can suspend my disbelief for any number of other things, but being reminded that this is a script, well, I do find it jarring.

It's all a matter of context, really. I feel as though Persona manages to maintain that balance, for the most part.

Got P4A this monday.

I beat Yu's and Yosuke's stories up to where it let me. What's the best order to proceed in? I'm afraid that Chie's and Yukiko's will be the same thing all over again.
How do I unlock the continuation of Yu's story for example?

Meia

Got P4A this monday.

I beat Yu's and Yosuke's stories up to where it let me. What's the best order to proceed in? I'm afraid that Chie's and Yukiko's will be the same thing all over again.
How do I unlock the continuation of Yu's story for example?

All 4 are similar, sadly.

You unlock more characters the more stories you do, keep doing them til you get Labrys's story. Doing hers unlocks the second part of all of the cast.

Did you unlock Teddie's story when you beat Yosuke's? I'm pretty sure when I played I did Yosuke's, Teddie's and then either Naoto's or the P3 characters were unlocked, and they offer something a bit more interesting than the first four characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom