• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

not my kind of thing, figures never are, but I saw this and thought some of you would think it neat, if its not old

TfpUdyP.jpg

Bought the regular edition (blue outfit). Last year, I could never imagine myself buying figures, and here I am now spending $100 on a figure. I've lost control of my life. :(

Moonlight

Banned
Bought the regular edition (blue outfit). Last year, I could never imagine myself buying figures, and here I am now spending $100 on a figure. I've lost control of my life. :(
It's why I've never bought one in my life. I know that I'll never be able to stop once I do.

Lunar15

Dantor pls, the joke's been stale for a long time now. I almost want to just not come in the thread at all anymore on tuesdays that's how much it annoys me.

Should have just said something. I don't mind never using the joke if it's ruining people's enjoyment of the thread.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, the Tuesday stuff is fucking eye roll inducing. If you never thought it was going to be announced (insert whenever) then congratulations; you were right. Don't be a dick about it though.

Lunar15

Well I know I wasn't the first to say something...

*whistles, looking away, casually strolls off*

Don't remember that. Either way, won't bring it up again. It was all in good fun, at least for me, but the joke was definitely wearing out.

Plus some people took it into some weird directions. I take nothing in this thread seriously, so I just never really saw offense in it. I just saw it as a weary, yet lighthearted jab that we're all just ready to hear something about this game, and aren't willing to give up till it's announced. Clearly not everyone was on the same page.

Dantis

Don't remember that. Either way, won't bring it up again. It was all in good fun, at least for me, but the joke was definitely wearing out.

Plus some people took it into some weird directions. I take nothing in this thread seriously, so I just never really saw offense in it. I just saw it as a weary, yet lighthearted jab that we're all just ready to hear something about this game, and aren't willing to give up till it's announced. Clearly not everyone was on the same page.

Clearly.

You're on a roll this week, I must say.

Oh don't get me wrong, I have no problem with stopping making the joke, but, well, let's just say there are better ways to express your tiredness than aggression, name-calling or implying that it's somehow a reference to predictions of an announcement, despite the fact we've been saying it since March.

As always, it was just a bit of fun. We're all chill, brah!

Squire

Banned
Oh don't get me wrong, I have no problem with stopping making the joke, but, well, let's just say there are better ways to express your tiredness than aggression, name-calling or implying that it's somehow a reference to predictions of an announcement, despite the fact we've been saying it since March.

As always, it was just a bit of fun. We're all chill, brah!

In the future, I'll reply with a less tempered post to really show you just what it is you're talking about.

S'all good though! ;)

Meia

No, you're in control. Losing control is getting a second job just to pay off debt faster, then having all the work you've put in the last 2 months become meaningless after having to have you car fixed for $1500 suddenly today. :p

Only thing keeping me from flipping tables is losing 20 pounds just from sheer exercise from the job. :D

And about Persona 5, I kind of really don't care. It's not going to be better than Persona 4 to me, so to me it's just going to be neat, but not life altering. I want it, but I'm not breaking shit every day an announcement isn't made. :p

Caladrius

I hate Tuesdays because there's a guy in my geo classes that I want to talk to but I'm too afraid to. Wait whoops wrong thread.

The only fun I had with Tuesday was shooting down peoples' hopes and dreams.

Excuse me for butting in so suddenly, but since TGS is coming up and some of us are expecting a Persona 5 reveal before TGS, won't this Tuesday actually be important for once?

Maybe, but there's been an awful lot of opportune times to show it that came and went.

Sophia

Excuse me for butting in so suddenly, but since TGS is coming up and some of us are expecting a Persona 5 reveal before TGS, won't this Tuesday actually be important for once?

Maybe. We don't know. Atlus has traditionally announced stuff in Famitsu, not at TGS, but a moderator said it wasn't going to make TGS because of the Index situation.

kewlmyc

Where all just hiding from the fact that the game got cancelled a while ago.

Seriously though, the joke is kinda old. I'm not even hyped for the reveal anymore. All we'll get is a few pictures of the main character, a new persona, and a pic of the new town.

No, the November thing sounds like a guess.

The bit about it skipping TGS however, does not.

I figured that PersonaGAF would be slower to forget. Mods have been wrong in the past.
*cough* The whole melt down that happened a month or so ago *cough*

The moral of the story is that it will come when it comes, no one can know for certain.

dkoy

I've been lurking here long enough to know about the Tuesday thing, and I won't stay away because I don't want to miss the meltdown if P5 does get announced :p

Also wanted to say how awesome SLink FM is. Keep up the good work!

Gekoukan uniform > Yasogami uniform

Squire

Banned
I figured that PersonaGAF would be slower to forget. Mods have been wrong in the past.
*cough* The whole melt down that happened a month or so ago *cough*

The moral of the story is that it will come when it comes, no one can know for certain.

True, but there's an obvious explanation for that situation. If people want to ignore it, it's on them.

Squire

Banned

It was much longer than a month ago, but I think the poster means E3.

The game was supposed to be revealed there, but they had to hold it because of the legal stuff with Index, which is why the mods were "wrong", but everyone either didn't think of that or chose to ignore it (much more likely), so they could argue the mods have no credibility.

FluxWaveZ

He might mean another instance, but it doesn't matter. We haven't seen it yet because the legal situation hasn't been settled. That's the bottom line.

You say that like it's absolutely the reason it hasn't been shown yet. We don't know that; maybe its announcement was never planned to happen yet anyways and, if it was, something we're not aware of could have changed that too.

Squire

Banned
You say that like it's absolutely the reason it hasn't been shown yet. We don't know that; maybe its announcement was never planned to happen yet anyways and, if it was, something we're not aware of could have changed that too.

Sure. Heyo_Rockbrealer said no one can ever really know and I said that's true; I agree.

That said, I'm reading between the lines to get an idea of what is happening and it seems obvious. But again, sure, nothing is promised.

It was much longer than a month ago, but I think the poster means E3.

The game was supposed to be revealed there, but they had to hold it because of the legal stuff with Index, which is why the mods were "wrong", but everyone either didn't think of that or chose to ignore it (much more likely), so they could argue the mods have no credibility.

My apologies. I couldn't remember the circumstance, and I only had a vague idea of the time. I just remembered that everyone had a freak out a short while back.

FluxWaveZ

Sure. Heyo_Rockbrealer said no one can ever really know and I said that's true; I agree.

That said, I'm reading between the lines to get an idea of what is happening and it seems obvious. But again, sure, nothing is promised.

Yeah. I'm not confident it was supposed to be announced yet since we barely know anything about the game or its development, but if it was I'd agree that the Index troubles are the most likely reason as to why it's been delayed.

I've never really been "excited" for a Persona 5 reveal. It's more like I've been strongly anticipating it, but if I were to be excited for anything right now, it would be Persona 4 Arena 2 and Atlus' upcoming 2014 announcements since we know that those are a thing. Because of those, I'm not disappointed that P5 hasn't been revealed yet.

Squire

Banned
My apologies. I couldn't remember the circumstance, and I only had a vague idea of the time. I just remembered that everyone had a freak out a short while back.

No worries at all!

Yeah. I'm not confident it was supposed to be announced yet since we barely know anything about the game or its development, but if it was I'd agree that the Index troubles are the most likely reason as to why it's been delayed.

I've never really been "excited" for a Persona 5 reveal. It's more like I've been strongly anticipating it, but if I were to be excited for anything right now, it would be Persona 4 Arena 2 and Atlus' upcoming 2014 announcements since we know that those are a thing. Because of those, I'm not disappointed that P5 hasn't been revealed yet.

That makes sense. I mean, that's how most of us are. We really don't know what the game is so no one can really be excited. P4A2 is something to be excited about though, and I am as well.

And other games in general. That's always my thing. It might be announced? Great. It wasn't? There really is always next time. At least for me. My interest in games is far too varied to let these things affect my emotions. My hype train doesn't crash, it just... stops.

Sophia

Some details about Aigis I found while searching for info from the Official Design Works.

Her personality can be described as passive-aggressive, overly cautious, and dependent, which results in an inferiority complex and no sense of self worth. Aigis is easily overcome with anxiety and she will often overreact to this anxiety. She shows tendencies of self-destructive behavior, but at the same time will seek out safety. Believing that the value of her existence can only measured by how much people seem to care about her, she will often intentionally place herself in sadistic situations.

Interesting how they a) put an insane amount of detail into the character's behaviors, and b) basically had Aigis's entire plotline from Persona 4 Arena planned out all the way back at P3 FES. :p

Some details about Aigis I found while searching for info from the Official Design Works.

Interesting how they a) put an insane amount of detail into the character's behaviors, and b) basically had Aigis's entire plotline from Persona 4 Arena planned out all the way back at P3 FES. :p

but p4a is character derailment/destroyment/explodement

EMT0

Banned
but p4a is character derailment/destroyment/explodement

Agreed. I liked the plot. I hated how they characterized everybody involved in the plot, except for maybe Chie, Naoto, and Yu. And I have no idea why Kanji's still friends with any of the Investigation Team after the events of Arena except for Yu/Naoto. Everybody else treated him like crap :/

Agreed. I liked the plot. I hated how they characterized everybody involved in the plot, except for maybe Chie, Naoto, and Yu. And I have no idea why Kanji's still friends with any of the Investigation Team after the events of Arena except for Yu/Naoto. Everybody else treated him like crap :/

but i was kidding, and what

Sophia

I think you missed the part where Buddha was being extremely sarcastic.

"Hey Kanji's been gone for awhile now."

"Oh yeah should we go into the TV to make sure he isn't stuck there?"

"..."

"Nah."

The timeframe for them finding out Kanji is missing and them entering the TV is rather short. Plus Yosuke even outright says he left the TVs up in case someone fell in, and the fog was gone so...

Caladrius

I think you missed the part where Buddha was being extremely sarcastic.

The timeframe for them finding out Kanji is missing and them entering the TV is rather short. Plus Yosuke even outright says he left the TVs up in case someone fell in, and the fog was gone so...

Fair enough. But keep in mind that Kanji didn't go in through Junes's TV and they should have figured that Kanji would tell them if he were leaving beforehand. I still think they would have jumped in to scout for him pretty quickly. It's not like they would be so stupid that the team would completely fall apart without Yu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom