• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

I'm pretty sure Atlus is fine. Them picking up Tex Murphy was a brilliant move reminiscent of the golden era of Atlus USA. (I consider that the Digital Devil Saga/'imagination realized' period.)

Squire

Banned
I'm pretty sure Atlus is fine. Them picking up Tex Murphy was a brilliant move reminiscent of the golden era of Atlus USA. (I consider that the Digital Devil Saga/'imagination realized' period.)

Yeah, I'm the company is fine. Atlus USA is making deals left and right, which is why I think it's odd they seem to be determined to settle the sale before announcing P5.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, I'm the company is fine. Atlus USA is making deals left and right, which is why I think it's odd they seem to be determined to settle the sale before announcing P5.

I think that's an attractive offer for whoever picks them up, allows them to get the good PR instead of Index for an announcement.

EMT0

Banned
So I just found out that the Raidou games are action RPGs. Megaten action RPGs.

stanley2.gif

Caladrius

I feel bad that I missed them at the peak of their output. I hope once this nightmare gets settled we can see something a little more like that.

EMT0

Banned
Don't get too excited, the raidou games weren't really good(IMO). I do want another action megaten rpg though, I actually think that's the new megaten IP Atlus will introduce next.
So the good things I've heard were just Megaten fans being generous about it?
I feel bad that I missed them at the peak of their output. I hope once this nightmare gets settled we can see something a little more like that.
Ditto. It's okay though. If Persona 5 comes out on Vita and a console, I'll buy both versions. It's make up time.

....mainly cause I'm banking on cross-saving if there's more than one platform involved.

Caladrius

EDIT:Nevermind. I hope they make a Jack Frost plushie for the west.

No one is seriously surprised at my choice of avatar? I don't know how to feel about that.

I really wanna play Raidou 2 one of these days. Though I hear 1 has meh gameplay so I'd probably watch a letsplay of that so I can at least get the plot.

Rhapsody

Banned
So the good things I've heard were just Megaten fans being generous about it?
To me, the Raidou games have a really interesting setting. It's just the gameplay really wasn't up to par with any of the other Megaten games.

The 2nd one is way better I hear in terms of gameplay. I just haven't gotten to it yet because my box with the Raihou plushie is still sealed.
It just looks too nice to open up.

I really want them to revisit the Raidou games again though. But I doubt Atlus would do that in the near future.

cj_iwakura

To me, the Raidou games have a really interesting setting. It's just the gameplay really wasn't up to par with any of the other Megaten games.

The 2nd one is way better I hear in terms of gameplay. I just haven't gotten to it yet because my box with the Raihou plushie is still sealed.
It just looks too nice to open up.

I really want them to revisit the Raidou games again though. But I doubt Atlus would do that in the near future.

Buddha was spot-on. Raidou 2 has much better gameplay, Raidou 1 has the ace story.

I think they're fun action RPGs, more fusion goodness is just bonus.

EMT0

Banned
So, for the sake of my own need for more Megaten, what games do you guys personally recommend from the franchise? I'm currently playing SMTIV, and I'm liking it. Got plans to buy Devil Survivor, and now Raidou 1, but aside from that I'm not quite sure where to go from there, aside from hoping for a Vita port of Nocturne.

Trigger

So, for the sake of my own need for more Megaten, what games do you guys personally recommend from the franchise? I'm currently playing SMTIV, and I'm liking it. Got plans to buy Devil Survivor, and now Raidou 1, but aside from that I'm not quite sure where to go from there, aside from hoping for a Vita port of Nocturne.

You should play DeSu2 after you play the first game. I liked the characters more and it's considerably harder if you like a challenge.

cjkeats

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. If Sony ever updates the emulator for PS2 classics I imagine Atlus USA will toss Nocturne and the Raidou games up on PSN though.

Soul Hackers on 3DS is okay. The Devil Survivor games on DS and 3DS are also pretty cool, I imagine the 3DS version of the second will be making it's way here eventually.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. If Sony ever updates the emulator for PS2 classics I imagine Atlus USA will toss Nocturne and the Raidou games up on PSN though.

Soul Hackers on 3DS is okay. The Devil Survivor games on DS and 3DS are also pretty cool, I imagine the 3DS version of the second will be making it's way here eventually.

Soul Hackers is better than "okay".

I'm about to dive into Persona for PSP, any last minute hints?

I already played a little bit when I bought it and remember that the dungeons are pretty messy, are they randomly generated?
Should I draw maps like the good old times?

PS: I should play Raidou games too :p

Rhapsody

Banned

I already played a little bit when I bought it and remember that the dungeons are pretty messy, are they randomly generated?

The dungeons aren't randomly generated, and the game has a map. So you're fine there. Another tip is to make sure you're not stupid like me and save after inputting some choices leading to a premature bad end. I wasn't thinking at the time and didn't know the game would continue a bit more and then finally lead to a bad end.

FluxWaveZ

The dungeons aren't randomly generated, and the game has a map. So you're fine there. Another tip is to make sure you're not stupid like me and save after inputting some choices leading to a premature bad end. I wasn't thinking at the time and didn't know the game would continue a bit more and then finally lead to a bad end.

Still haven't gotten the true ending 'cause of this.

PK Gaming

When you levelling up, focus on 1-2 stats and neglect the rest. This is because in Persona 1, your stats are based on the best stat between your MC and your equipped Persona. In other words, If you have 20 strength, and your Persona has 30 strength your character will have 30 strength. My recommendation? Focus on Agility (affects evasion and determines character turn order) Dexterity (affects melee/gun damage and accuracy) and maybe Strength. (affects melee damage)

Get your hands on Gozu-tennoh (chariot) and Phaleg (judgement) Persona, they're low level Personas that are really powerful.
Auto-battle / Skip is your friend, start using it from the get go.
Follow this spoiler-free guide if you want to achieve the True end.

I finished watching the 14th episode of the SlinkFM. Good episode, always happy to see Shidoshi on board since her stories are usually super interesting. Really dug her resolve in regards to going to PAX.

Dantis

Soul Hackers on 3DS is okay.
The Devil Survivor games on DS and 3DS are also pretty cool, I imagine the 3DS version of the second will be making it's way here eventually.

This is exactly why I'm not willing to pay full price for it. It's very expensive for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom