• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
Compared to the manga art, it's visually stunning.
tumblr_static_tumblr_mo44awyygx1qcit8zo3_400.png

Squire

Banned
That reminds me, Yusuke Kozaki has really grown on me. I liked him to start, but I've committed him to memory now. Was looking at his tag on an image board earlier today. I wish I could play more of the games his art is in. He's the artist on Lily Bergamo though, so looking forward to that for TGS!

Dantis

soul hackers is in my top 5 ur all poops

u hav bad taste.

That reminds me, Yusuke Kozaki has really grown on me. I liked him to start, but I've committed him to memory now. Was looking at his tag on an image board earlier today. I wish I could play more of the games his art is in. He's the artist on Lily Bergamo though, so looking forward to that for TGS!

He's a great artist. Not fond of Lily Bergamo's design though.

Moonlight

Banned
Kozaki is phenomenal. His art for Fire Emblem: Awakening is something special.

Rhapsody

Banned
Hopefully Kozaki works on more games outside of Grasshopper. The studio can really nail his art style with 3D models, but I can't say the gameplay is as good as the graphics.
Wow, visually, that franchise is really quite bad.

With that image quality, it doesn't do the series justice. The animation's actually pretty good for the most part.

I will continue with P4A today. Hopefully I will play story mode this time.

Hmm?

http://i.minus.com/ib2GT0URnPNEE8.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

The little we've seen I think this game looks great!

[quote="Rhapsody, post: 81904261"]With that image quality, it doesn't do the series justice. The animation's actually pretty good for the most part.[/QUOTE]

There are some legitimately good visuals at points too, there just isn't enough of them though.

Thanks for the hints! I'll make good use of them :)

The opening movie was pretty nice. The characters have a quite unique design, of the playable characters the only one I'm liking aesthetically so far is Eriko.
Battle encounter rate seems to be a bit on the high side unfortunately...

Indoors exploration is isometric and dungeon in first person, this makes me sad :(
I hope Persona 2s aren't like this too.

dkoy

I feel like I want to know who this Kozaki artist is, but at the same time I probably don't since I probably haven't played many of the games he/she drew art for and wouldn't appreciate it as much. It would leave me wanting to play games that I don't want to spend money or time on :(

Sophia

Thanks for the hints! I'll make good use of them :)

The opening movie was pretty nice. The characters have a quite unique design, of the playable characters the only one I'm liking aesthetically so far is Eriko.
Battle encounter rate seems to be a bit on the high side unfortunately...

Indoors exploration is isometric and dungeon in first person, this makes me sad :(
I hope Persona 2s aren't like this too.

Get Estoma to reduce the encounter rate significantly. First person dungeons are unique to Persona 1, Persona 2 uses an isometric view that's like P3 and P4.

And Elly is bestest P1 character, alongside Nanjo. Truthfact!

And you've already decided you don't like the design? You barely see her in that trailer. It's like... her head.

Remember, This is Dantis you're talking to. He wouldn't be Dantis if he didn't make permanent and immediate snap judgements based off the smallest of exposure. :p

I'm really liking the atmosphere so far. Also...

A weak and frail girl that suddendly turns super healthy and cheerful and has amnesia on top of it?
Where did I already meet someone like this?

Get Estoma to reduce the encounter rate significantly. First person dungeons are unique to Persona 1, Persona 2 uses an isometric view that's like P3 and P4.

And Elly is bestest P1 character, alongside Nanjo. Truthfact!

Nanjo looks cool too, if it weren't for that Number 1 XD

Wouldn't using Estomas put me in trouble with experience points later in the game?

Sophia

Nanjo looks cool too, if it weren't for that Number 1 XD

Wouldn't using Estomas put me in trouble with experience points later in the game?

In theory. In reality there are enough game-breaking combinations that it's not too big of a deal. Just don't like use it to get through entire dungeons.

Dantis

Remember, This is Dantis you're talking to. He wouldn't be Dantis if he didn't make permanent and immediate snap judgements based off the smallest of exposure. :p

I really don't think it's that crazy to see a design and say that i don't like it.

The only part we haven't seen are her feet, but I would very surprised if they changed my opinion.

I feel like I want to know who this Kozaki artist is, but at the same time I probably don't since I probably haven't played many of the games he/she drew art for and wouldn't appreciate it as much. It would leave me wanting to play games that I don't want to spend money or time on :(

A lot of his non-game stuff is freely viewable on the Internets. He's a really talented artist. Amongst the best anime artists in games right now, I'd say.

In theory. In reality there are enough game-breaking combinations that it's not too big of a deal. Just don't like use it to get through entire dungeons.

Eh, I figured :p

Another question, does Personas level up more if you use them more often?
Would fighting on auto all physical hamper their growth?

Necrovex

Mate, you show up at the most random times.

It's a skill. Whenever my waifu detector goes off, I know when to appear. It's my supapawa.

So I saw this on Tumblr (it's a few screens from the newest Attack on Titan, but I don't think these pics are very spoilery if you haven't seen it):

Yu is going to die a horrible death. :'-(

You're way too optimistic. We won't even get a glimpse at the title card until 2017.

In 2018, we'll discover that Cyberconnect 2 Obsidan is the lead developer. :-D

Caladrius

In 2018, we'll discover that Cyberconnect 2 Obsidan is the lead developer. :-D

No, Obsidian (which will be a subsidiary of Activision) will be the publisher and Atlus will be merged with the recently purchased Square-Enix. Toriyama will be the lead writer alongside Nintendo fallen dev veteran Yoshio Sakamoto.

Necrovex

No, Obsidian (which will be a subsidiary of Activision) will be the publisher and Atlus will be merged with the recently purchased Square-Enix. Toriyama will be the lead writer alongside Nintendo fallen dev veteran Yoshio Sakamoto.

I can't wait to play as Lightening in a Persona game! Even better than being Miku!

Necrovex

Sounds about right.

YOU CAN COUNT ON ME, BUDDY!

*salute*

I have one more request. I want a drawing done. A portrait of Lightening in a Hatsune Miku outfit kissing a Wii U. I want you to feel true suffering due to my parting, and this is the ideal way to feel it.

cjkeats

I have one more request. I want a drawing done. A portrait of Lightening in a Hatsune Miku outfit kissing a Wii U. I want you to feel true suffering due to my parting, and this is the ideal way to feel it.

They say the artist is supposed to suffer for is work after all.

EMT0

Banned
They say the artist is supposed to suffer for is work after all.

But that's not just the artist suffering, that's everybody suffering. The artist, the recipient, every unfortunate soul who happens to glance upon it, the server which hosts the image, PersonaGAF's reputation, the children.

Think of the children.

Marche90

... You're evil, dude, you know that?

But not quite enough: you forgot the background for the image: idolm@ster idols, of course!

Snakeyes

You truly have a knack for macabre scenarios.

cjkeats

But that's not just the artist suffering, that's everybody suffering. The artist, the recipient, every unfortunate soul who happens to glance upon it, the server which hosts the image, PersonaGAF's reputation, the children.

Think of the children.

Quite frankly, if anything is going to make Lightning enjoyable, it's going to be a Miku costume.

Although if anyone could not be enjoyable in a Miku costume, it would be her.

Leek.

Dantis

I'LL DO IT.

Think of the children.

Our reputation is terrible. Nothing will change there, at least.

dkoy

Has anyone here ever done a challenge run of P4(G)? I decided to spice things up a little on my NG++ by setting monsters to hard difficulty and allowing the AI to make decisions in fights.
I couldn't pull through 100% though because the AI doesn't know how to block so I had to switch to direct commands in certain boss situations :( well now I'm up to January
after Adachi's dungeon and will see if the AI will block if faced with an opponent that repels everything.
Fun stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom