• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
Since I won't be on the next podcast, here's my two cents:

Cent 1) Sega's alright.

Cent 2) SMT IV blows

because there's no waifus.

Cent 2) SMT IV blows
because there's no waifus.

tumblr_mq01pb61xE1rf919eo1_500.jpg

Moptop is pretty kawaii

Who also voices Isabeau. :p

No, Bailey sounded like the one hunter that is interested in cameras. I could be mistaken, but I don't think so.

Nozomi. Did you finish her quest line btw. I almost feel like she deserved a portrait over some characters who actually get far less screen time and dialog as her.

Dantis

Guys, I just had a horrifying thought. What if Persona 5 only contained vocals from Crush 40? Prepare to hear some Live and Learn in our Persona games.

I'd love some Meguro music with Johnny Gioeli on vocals though. He's a really great singer (Though it sometimes doesn't come across in his Crush 40 stuff, haha).

You still have a Wii U?

...The fuck?

Oh yes. Yes I do.

Best purchase I've ever made. Really got my money's worth out of it.
Still haven't bought a single game for the little bastard.

Guys guys, Persona 5 Gravity Rush 2 was announced!

That's actually pretty cool. Hopefully the combat in this one won't be complete garbage.

And there is...some rather....interesting..."implications" for the Persona Universe at large at the end of P4A

Exaggeration.

Meia

No, I just did the first quest with her I think and fought a hard demon in the overworld. Still not too far in yet. Debating starting over just to plow through or getting back to where I was(30-ish or so).

Even with the limited interaction, I'm kind of surprised she's kind of a bit character. I found her kind of interesting, and that's early on.

^Insert Antonio Banderas thirst meem here

No, I just did the first quest with her I think and fought a hard demon in the overworld. Still not too far in yet. Debating starting over just to plow through or getting back to where I was(30-ish or so).

Even with the limited interaction, I'm kind of surprised she's kind of a bit character. I found her kind of interesting, and that's early on.

You get a good demon for finishing her quest line. Her bit role is actually more than supposed major characters, or characters that you would believe would have been major, from the promotional material.

Meia

You get a good demon for finishing her quest line. Her bit role is actually more than supposed major characters, or characters that you would believe would have been major, from the promotional material.

Excellent, definitely doing that then!

Was I imagining that Dantis had done a picture of Rise dressed as Nozomi for a VA joke? I thought I remembered that....

cjkeats

Buddha you really should come on the podcast. I can't think of a single person more fitting for an SMT IV episode.
I'll give you all my macca.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Nozomi. Did you finish her quest line btw. I almost feel like she deserved a portrait over some characters who actually get far less screen time and dialog as her.

Yup, Bailey voices Nozomi and some demons.

Erin Fitzgerald voices Medusa and a bunch of others.

You have to finish her quest if you want to get the neutral ending and she totally should have had a portrait. Surprised she didn't.

Caladrius

Yup, Bailey voices Nozomi and some demons.

Erin Fitzgerald voices Medusa and a bunch of others.

You have to finish her quest if you want to get the neutral ending and she totally should have had a portrait. Surprised she didn't.

Kaga got one and was offed 10 minutes after her introduction. Dem skewed Priorities, she should have become a summonable Demon or something.

Pirabear

Banned
Recent events reminded me that I should post here more often. :p

With TGS starting, when should we start hearing anything? Not specifically P5, but Atlus's general output for the future. Are they (or Sega) going to have a conference soon?

Necrovex

Recent events reminded me that I should post here more often. :p

With TGS starting, when should we start hearing anything? Not specifically P5, but Atlus's general output for the future. Are they (or Sega) going to have a conference soon?

I try to remember to make an appearance. But it tends turn out me being here for a few days and vanishing for a few weeks until someone mentions waifus.

Well the options always there, never know until you try it right? :)

Granted we already have 5 already, but keep'er in mind!

We need people to talk about how Sega is an awesome choice since it opens up the possibility of a Miku Persona game. :p

Moonlight

Banned
Gravity Rush 2, you guys. I can't even handle this. GR1 itself was pretty underbaked, but traversal and the world design was fucking phenomenal. Hopefully they'll have iterated on that enough to have a whole game worth plowing through.

Moptop is pretty kawaii
Burroughs is best waifu.

Dantis

Gravity Rush 2, you guys. I can't even handle this. GR1 itself was pretty underbaked, but traversal and the world design was fucking phenomenal. Hopefully they'll have iterated on that enough to have a whole game worth plowing through

I wouldn't go as far as phenomenal, but it was good. The combat was awful though, so I really hope they fix that. They should take influence from character action games for it.

I wouldn't go as far as phenomenal, but it was good. The combat was awful though, so I really hope they fix that. They should take influence from character action games for it.

Its music was absolutely wonderful though. The Pleajune and Auldnoir tracks in particular make me smile every time.

Trigger

I got GR for free with PS+ and never finished it. Just couldn't get into it. I did like the gravity mechanic though. Very unique.

kewlmyc

"Touchscreen to dodge" is a contender for worst use of the touchscreen I've seen so far.

Gyroscope to aim precisely was pretty awful too. Doesn't help that the Vita's dual sticks are super sensitive.

Other than the controls and combat, the game was pretty fun. Would play another.

Sophia

I've seen Gyroscope aiming work in exactly one game well: Uncharted. It was probably the only redeeming quality that Golden Abyss had, given the rest of the gimmicks were... well awful.

Other than the controls and combad, the game was pretty fun. Would play another.

"Other than everything that should make the game fun, the game is pretty fun!" seems kinda silly. :p

Dantis

Gyroscope to aim precisely was pretty awful too. Doesn't help that the Vita's dual sticks are super sensitive.

Other than the controls and combad, the game was pretty fun. Would play another.

Whilst we're bitching about controls, Gravity Slide by sliding both your fingers up the touch screen and moving them up and down to turn was genuinely idiotic.

There's the potential for a great game, definitely, but I'll be curious to see if they follow through with it.

Better writing and story wouldn't go amiss either.

Its music was absolutely wonderful though. The Pleajune and Auldnoir tracks in particular make me smile every time.

Some of it was excellent. Really like the battle track and Bloody Claws. Not into the more jazzy stuff though.

Gravity Rush and Uncharted Golden Abyss were both very cool y'all just have poop taste, would love it if GR2 abandoned touch screen use though...

Sophia

For some reason I don't remember any of Gravity Rush's OST while actually playing the game. Maybe I need to use headphones more or something.

kewlmyc

I've seen Gyroscope aiming work in exactly one game well: Uncharted. It was probably the only redeeming quality that Golden Abyss had, given the rest of the gimmicks were... well awful.

"Other than everything that should make the game fun, the game is pretty fun!" seems kinda silly. :p

I enjoyed the characters and environment. Exploring and flying were fun. Nothing silly about it.

Sophia

I enjoyed the characters and environment. Exploring and flying were fun. Nothing silly about it.

Sure I enjoyed them too, but those elements are secondary to actually making a great game. Flying around Hekseville is all fun and dandy until the controls get in your way. :p

Squire

Banned
I like GR a lot. Or rather I appreciate it. It didn't hold me, but I loved the music, the art, and the general conceit. There's a good there if they can go hard and get it right. I'm gonna finish the first one now.

sasliquid

Golden Abyss was pretty decent. It looked very pretty too.

I actually quite GA, I mean its a solid TPS dragged down by the fact its the least interesting Uncharted game

Sure I enjoyed them too, but those elements are secondary to actually making a great game. Flying around Hekseville is all fun and dandy until the controls get in your way. :p

When Gravity Rushed worked it worked really well.... just happened to feel like a mess anytime you had to do something precise and you'd get caught on street lamps and other random objects.

Still really like the games style, closest thing to a Ghibli superhero thing I could imagine, and it's the best news from TGS so far. Gravity Rush could be truly amazing if they iron out a couple of them kinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom