• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, Breaking Bad is basically setting a new standard for television as a medium.

Totally. Dexter was pretty good and rather entertaining up until the end of Season 4, at which point it didn't so much drop the ball as it did stomp the ball into the ground and then run in the other direction.

Breaking Bad Season 5 is so good that it has 99 on Metacritic. You know what else has that kind of score? Nothing. Say what you will about the site and how awful it is (I don't like it myself), but that's still really dang impressive.

Sophia

aeana said the acquisition news pushed back the P5 announcement a bit again. When are we expecting it now? Now that that crap's over with, hope it's not too long before they can show it off. Still think it'll be revealed before the end of the year.

I don't have the slightest idea to be honest. It's something you'd ideally want to be around TGS, but unless Sega suddenly announces it at TGS it won't happen I bet...

Nirolak's guess of November is looking pretty accurate to me, right now.

Lunar15

My bet is not this year. Doesn't make sense. Also, I'm still fairly skeptical of where those mods get this info. It's not that I don't think they have some sort of connection to the industry, it's just that I think we're taking their guesses as hints when really they're just shots in the dark based on tangential info.

Maybe we'll see a P4A 2 announcement.

Trigger

Ugh. I hate the thought of another year without any solid P5 news.

I just can't fathom what's taking so long.
r4CiE.png

Caladrius

The transaction isn't completed until November. After that point it's a matter of how quickly Sega Dream can arrange the reveal. I imagine Index already did most of the work to set up the promotional material, it's just a matter of finding the opportunity to reveal it in whatever medium they choose.

FluxWaveZ

They'd keep the announcement for what would/will be their biggest game ever in P5 for their 25th anniversary instead of announcing it randomly at the end of 2013, I would think. Part of the reason I always thought 2014.

Dantis

Puppeteer continues to amaze me. Just an incredible game. Gonna load up Pikmin 3 in a minute, see what that's like. BET IT'S NOT AS GOOD AS PUPPETEER.

Ugh. I hate the thought of another year without any solid P5 news.

I just can't fathom what's taking so long.
r4CiE.png

Me too. Makes me genuinely sad.

Chin up guys, right now our best lead is November, and all we can do is continue to hope and get our expectations crushed until the game is actually announced...

And when it gets announced the levels of hype will rise up so high that the internet itself will not be able to contain them.

dkoy

They'd keep the announcement for what would/will be their biggest game ever in P5 for their 25th anniversary instead of announcing it randomly at the end of 2013, I would think. Part of the reason I always thought 2014.

That actually makes sense, to hold off a big announcement until the 25th anniversary ._. But it's possible that they'll announce P5 asap to give confidence to the fans that business is as usual
unless Sega doesn't care about the fans ;_;

Pursuing my true Sega?

If true Sega means VC3 and any future VC out in the west I'm down with this :)

Caladrius

You still have a Wii U?

...The fuck?

There's these obscure games coming out next year that Dantis might have wanted I think one was called Super Smash Kart 8.

Seriously, selling a console in so soon after getting it is very stupid unless you have an emergency. I learned this with the PSP. I have a Wii U, and I keep it knowing that there will eventually be games. Boom or bust, Nintendo's hauling it for quite a while and I'm not selling that sucker only to change my mind later.

If true Sega means VC3 and any future VC out in the west I'm down with this :)

I regret to inform you...

I have no idea.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, I don't see them waiting until next year when the reveal has been pushed back on multiple occasions. If they wanted to announce it at some anniversary event I think that would've been the plan from the get-go.

There's also no worrying about the medium either. It's going to be a story in Famitsu, a teaser site, and a trailer; that stuff is probably on ice already.

Necrovex

Guys, I just had a horrifying thought. What if Persona 5 only contained vocals from Crush 40? Prepare to hear some Live and Learn in our Persona games.

You still have a Wii U?

...The fuck?

Anyone who was interested in buying the Wii U off him lived in a non-PAL area.

Caladrius

Guys, I just had a horrifying thought. What if Persona 5 only contained vocals from Crush 40? Prepare to hear some Live and Learn in our Persona games.

Anyone who was interested in buying the Wii U off him lived in a non-PAL area.

If that's your idea of horrifying you may want to shield your eyes.

I would actually like that, so long as they were relevant to the themes of the game.

Heads up: Persona Weather, inspired by Giant Bomb Persona 4 Endurance Run and Persona 4 has been updated. It includes bug fixes, iOS Game Center achievements, iOS 7 updates, new dialogue, new music, a weather temp chart, and parallax motion. There's probably other stuff as well.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/persona-weather/id595070075?mt=8

Download Persona 4 Weather for iPhone

screen300x300-75.jpeg

screen300x300-75.jpeg

Download and spread the love, I guess. Also, I'm strongly considering an Android version, but that would be done through a kickstarter to buy me some sort of testing device since I own zero Android devices and have zero desire to do so. I'll update if that ever happens, but if you're interested in funding such a project, contact me through my website by emailing me at this link.

sgt jumpy

Banned
Isn't P4A just a fighting game with P4 characters? Why would it need a sequel?

:never played persona, 9 hours total MegaTen experience, SMTIV:

Sophia

Isn't P4A just a fighting game with P4 characters? Why would it need a sequel?

:never played persona, 9 hours total MegaTen experience, SMTIV:

It has a rather extensive story mode to it, that serves as a minor sidestory to Persona 4 and a significantly more major side story to Persona 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom