• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
I just hope GR2 has a story worth a damn

I like Kat and I liked the world she lived in but there was no real story that went anywhere at all and unlike Bayo the gameplay wasn't solid enough to make up for it, especially since you couldn't get awesome 'cutscene' moments in comic-book format really.

Yeah, this is why I ended up putting it down.

Caladrius

So I read statements by the Atlus CEO concerning the Sega Sammy acquisition before: a typical PR response that we wouldn't be able to really determine Atlus' potential future with. But this new Polygon article has a bullet point that I hadn't seen before:

I feel that this point is particularly significant in meaning. Looking now, the same official statement has been out for a few hours, but I never saw that quote discussed.

Hopefully they give Atlus' large titles more of a push. I think that with enough marketing and distribution help they can really sell this series abroad.

Also Jack Frost in Sega All Stars Racing 3 plz. He can ride the Ho-mobile.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah, this is why I ended up putting it down.

It didn't help much when the story just... stops. You don't learn anything about Kat at all. I hope the sequel at least expands around who she is/was, how she got her powers, etc.

I enjoyed the game, but it was disappointing for sure.

Pirabear

Banned
Damn, GR seems to have divided opinions. It was going to be the first game I pick up when I get a Vita along with P4: Golden.

Dat Kat

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Damn, GR seems to have divided opinions. It was going to be the first game I pick up when I get a Vita along with P4: Golden.

Dat Kat

Get a PS+ subscription so you'll get that, Uncharted and WipeOut.

The game is pretty good, it just has a few quirky things that bring it down.

Squire

Banned

Dat Kat

No, the people who've played it generally like it quite a bit on a surface level. It's a game with a cool gimmick and a great presentation/personality, but the actual game design is half-hog.

It's absolutely worth trying and it's free on PS+!

Omikaru

I love everything about Gravity Rush except the gameplay. Goddamnit, I wish the gameplay was more interesting.

I am keeping an eye on the sequel, mind. If they make it more fun and less twitchy, repetitive and whatnot, I'll be in.

I was browsing through the Daily Deviations on DA, (often one of the few things to actually browse on that site...) and I found this little gem! It made me smile, so I thought that I should share it with you all.
p3xp4__time_travel_by_aruetsuto-d5dqaa5.jpg

Marche90

The car looks like Rise?

How random.

She's one of my favorite characters, but I can't deny than that comment made me laugh.

Oh. It seems that tomorrow I'm getting the PS3 back. Bad news, though. It's only a permament solution, since the PS3 was already "fixed" with a heat gun, and it messed up the motherboard. Looks like I'm gonna have to sell it to someone else or risk losing even more money that I have thrown away already. Gah, I don't know what to do. It's essentially totally ripping off someone else ;_;

That, or I can try to pawn it or sell it to Game Rush (there's no Gamestop here, folks) for pennies.

Either way, I'm getting rid of it, and I'm trying to buy something else. Play-Asia has an offer for the PS Vita. $189 dollars, shipping included. Not bad at all. Might grab that one whenever I sell the PS3. Either that or I can hold on to see if I can get a decent deal on another PS3

Marche90

Something about that cover sounds off. Those vocaloids weren't made for that song at all.

Also, Miku-related: I enjoyed the Project Diva F demo way more than what I should have

Halp. Weekender Girl is still stuck in my head X.x

PK Gaming

tumblr_mt54s0oToX1rvpfieo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mt54s0oToX1rvpfieo2_500.jpg

tumblr_mt54s0oToX1rvpfieo3_500.jpg

I really, really, really love the concept of Persona.

I can't get enough of the concept of fighting using a part of yourself. I think they might be favorite variation of guardian spirit / demon / etc in fiction.

Crayons

Banned
I finally started a Persona gamne P3:FES and it's been a great rise so far. Just defeated enperor and empress and I'm a big fan now.

Two things though: You can't save anywhere so when I died I had to go through 20 minutes of cutscenes. Also you cant skip cutscenes. The hell?

Sophia

I finally started a Persona gamne P3:FES and it's been a great rise so far. Just defeated enperor and empress and I'm a big fan now.

Two things though: You can't save anywhere so when I died I had to go through 20 minutes of cutscenes. Also you cant skip cutscenes. The hell?

You can hold triangle to fast forward through dialogue. Outright skipping cutscenes is difficult because of the fact that you, the player, have to select dialogue.

Dantis

So I read statements by the Atlus CEO concerning the Sega Sammy acquisition before: a typical PR response that we wouldn't be able to really determine Atlus' potential future with. But this new Polygon article has a bullet point that I hadn't seen before:

I feel that this point is particularly significant in meaning. Looking now, the same official statement has been out for a few hours, but I never saw that quote discussed.

Expanding Atlus as a brand is exactly what I fear.

I like my games quirky and weird, thank you very much.

Squire

Banned
Expanding Atlus as a brand is exactly what I fear.

I like my games quirky and weird, thank you very much.

Expanding the company doesn't necessarily mean doing less of that.

It might indicate something like, I dunno, standard releases in Europe, though. Just thinking out loud!

Squire

Banned
Possibly, but I am skeptical. Dead Space was a great game until they attempted to expand the audience.

I figured you were referring to something like that, but they haven't said anything like that. Expanding the Atlus brand doesn't mean diluting the life out of it so the games can go mainstream. That would contradict everything else in the statement.

Sophia

Naoto Hiraoka's meaning of "expanding the brand" is more Atlus takes advantage of what Sega has to offer, and Sega takes advantage of what Atlus has to offer. Remember, he points out that both companies compliment each other in this regard.

This should hopefully translate to things such as Sega being the European publisher of Atlus games, expanded advertising for Atlus games, drama CDs and other spinoff titles getting actual English releases, and possibly even Atlus assisting in the marketing of Sega's more niche titles.

Dantis

Naoto Hiraoka's meaning of "expanding the brand" is more Atlus takes advantage of what Sega has to offer, and Sega takes advantage of what Atlus has to offer. Remember, he points out that both companies compliment each other in this regard.

This should hopefully translate to things such as Sega being the European publisher of Atlus games, expanded advertising for Atlus games, drama CDs and other spinoff titles getting actual English releases, and possibly even Atlus assisting in the marketing of Sega's more niche titles.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Also, no chance the Drama CDs will get released over here. No market for them.

I agree with this, I take it more as expanding the brand [Atlus itself, so more teams, offices etc] rather than expanding their franchises [widening audiences to games]

I also agree with this, Drama CDs will never come out here. There just isn't a big enough audience that would merit the release of them

Sophia

Not true at all, actually. Code Geass had nearly all of its drama CDs translated and dubbed. They were included as a bonus item in collector's editions.

Also remember that "Atlus" itself has long since been a brand name, not so much the name of the corporation. You may not believe it, but there is little reason to assume Hiraoka is doing the usual PR spin.

Sophia

I'm not quite sure how that shows there is a market for them? Specially if they were pre-bundled in collectors editions.

There's a market for them as collectors items and pre-order bonus items. The later of which... y'know, has kinda been a regular deal for Atlus games since Persona 3?

Or at least Atlus games in the US, at any rate... ;p

Dantis

There's a market for them as collectors items and pre-order bonus items. The later of which... y'know, has kinda been a regular deal for Atlus games since Persona 3?

Or at least Atlus games in the US, at any rate... ;p

I'm willing to bet you that we don't see the Drama CDs at all, and definitely not as pre order bonuses.

Way too pricey.

Kazzy

Yep, If they were going to do it. They would have to sell the copies and not bundle them in with something.

But Atlus have generally run these sort of things relative to demand. They have brought things out to low numbers, because no matter the niche, they understood that audience clamours for a product. Not that I would expect that to ever happen, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Man, griding for the Reaper in P4G is the woooooooooooorst...

I've been counting each chest I open and even when I open the 21st and hear the chains rattling, there's no gurantee that the next chest will contain him, even if it's the last one on the floor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom