• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Atlus have generally run these sort of things relative to demand. They have brought things out to low numbers, because no matter the niche, they understood that audience clamours for a product. Not that I would expect that to ever happen, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Sure, but have they ever been something like this? I don't know the costs so this is all speculation, but I would assume the recording and distribution of Drama CDs is dearer than most of the extras Atlus release.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this happen, I just don't think they will ever do it.

dkoy

Man, griding for the Reaper in P4G is the woooooooooooorst...

I've been counting each chest I open and even when I open the 21st and hear the chains rattling, there's no gurantee that the next chest will contain him, even if it's the last one on the floor...

I know your pain. A tip for you is to, just before opening the second last chest, switch floors. Then if the last chest fails die to a random shadow and restart the floor. It worked for me :p I am also in the midst of grinding for that Izanagi-no-Okami. 4 more levels and then gotta go beat Margaret T_T

Meia

Sure, but have they ever been something like this? I don't know the costs so this is all speculation, but I would assume the recording and distribution of Drama CDs is dearer than most of the extras Atlus release.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this happen, I just don't think they will ever do it.

I'd actually be curious to find out how much more expensive it would be to release a drama CD in comparison to, say, an art book, which they do all the time anyway. Can't imagine there's a market for one and not the other here.

All the VAs could make it too much more expensive though. Though you're getting the cast together for the Persona 3 movie, if you're going to do it, now's the time, at least for 3's drama CDs...

Dantis

I'd actually be curious to find out how much more expensive it would be to release a drama CD in comparison to, say, an art book, which they do all the time anyway. Can't imagine there's a market for one and not the other here.

All the VAs could make it too much more expensive though. Though you're getting the cast together for the Persona 3 movie, if you're going to do it, now's the time, at least for 3's drama CDs...

The art books are translated and published by Udon, not Atlus. It's not really the same kind of thing.

For those having trouble reaper grinding, go to gamefaqs and go look up the reaper trick in Yukiko's Castle. It makes It spawn on the floor (I think it was floor 3) that had two chests every time, like 80% of the time.

Dantis

For those having trouble reaper grinding, go to gamefaqs and go look up the reaper trick in Yukiko's Castle. It makes It spawn on the floor (I think it was floor 3) that had two chests every time, like 89% of the time.

You're a hero. I didn't know about this.

For those having trouble reaper grinding, go to gamefaqs and go look up the reaper trick in Yukiko's Castle. It makes It spawn on the floor (I think it was floor 3) that had two chests every time, like 80% of the time.

That's what I'm doing. I hear the chains rattling on Floor 5 (where there's guranteed to be 2 non-locked chests) and yet even when I open the last chest on the floor, Reaps fails to appear.

I may have to resort to save scumming now >_>

That's what I'm doing. I hear the chains rattling on Floor 5 (where there's guranteed to be 2 non-locked chests) and yet even when I open the last chest on the floor, Reaps fails to appear.

I may have to resort to save scumming now >_>

I've had this happen before, a string of bad luck....this may sound dumb, but have you tried alternating which chest you open every time you reload?

Meia

That's that thing that a lot of people like when it comes to that genre, right? Hate sounding stupid when it comes to it, but I'm still new to the whole visual novel thing, with my first experiences being 999/VLR(if they're considered to also be in that genre anyway).

Still weird to see this and then talks about the Steam release. I wouldn't mind getting it physically, but part of me just knows how much easier Steam makes things...

Necrovex

That's that thing that a lot of people like when it comes to that genre, right? Hate sounding stupid when it comes to it, but I'm still new to the whole visual novel thing, with my first experiences being 999/VLR(if they're considered to also be in that genre anyway).

Still weird to see this and then talks about the Steam release. I wouldn't mind getting it physically, but part of me just knows how much easier Steam makes things...

Steins;Gate is considered to be the creme la crope when it comes to VN games. 999/VLR are both in the VN genre, but they are a lot more interactive than the typical games within that genre, like Steins;Gate.

Pure guess work here
though I do design and produce printed material so I'm somewhat not guessing
I would imagine it's sufficiently cheaper than recording and producing CDs. Though as Dantis pointed out the Artbooks are done by Udon anyway.

Already put in my pre-order :D

Steins;Gate is considered to be the creme la crope when it comes to VN games. 999/VLR are both in the VN genre, but they are a lot more interactive than the typical games within that genre, like Steins;Gate.

As much as I love and do recommend Steins;Gate, I don't think it's a good introduction too VNs.

Meia

As much as I love and do recommend Steins;Gate, I don't think it's a good introduction too VNs.

The problem is though to get people into a new genre, you really don't want people to do some magical shit just to play the damn games. After reading the VN thread, yeah no. Even if it's not a good intro to the genre, the fact that it's going to be accessible goes a hell of a long way. :p

The problem is though to get people into a new genre, you really don't want people to do some magical shit just to play the damn games. After reading the VN thread, yeah no. Even if it's not a good intro to the genre, the fact that it's going to be accessible goes a hell of a long way. :p

What I mean
I might of phrased it wrong
Is the game is great, it's fun, but it's pretty different to the majority of VNs out there, so if newcomers to the genre expect more like this after playing it, they will only be left disappointed
Or I've been playing the wrong VNs lolol

I'm thinking of picking up Steins;Gate as I've never experienced it in any form before, but I'm worried that its style will turn me off. I couldn't through Katawa Shoujo because it was overly prosey and the main character was kind of pretentious, so I hope that SG is better written and more captivating.

Necrovex

Playing through Ace Attorney or 999/VLR would be the ideal way to ease a person into the VN genre. Steins;Gate, while amazing, may be a tad taunting to someone who isn't used to reading massive amounts of texts.

I'm thinking of picking up Steins;Gate as I've never experienced it in any form before, but I'm worried that its style will turn me off. I couldn't through Katawa Shoujo because it was overly prosey and the main character was kind of pretentious, so I hope that SG is better written and more captivating.

I loved Katawa Shoujo, but it doesn't hold a candle to Steins;Gate (except in music).

PK Gaming

You'll love it, trust me. Time travel, intricate plotlines and fantastic characters. It's your kind of game.

Rhapsody

Banned
For me, I always found visual novels easy to get into. Maybe because I first played them so long ago (Radical Dreamers being my first VN).

I want to pick up a physical copy of SG. It's just too bad I'm stuck on an outdated Mac at the moment. : /

Gamerloid

PersonaGAF, my twin sisters' birthday is coming up soon. They are older than me and love games as well. I was thinking about giving one of them Animal Crossing New Leaf, but since only one can be Mayor I'm not so sure if that's a good gift. I plan to get two games, one for each of them. One of the two was of course Animal Crossing. I was leaning towards Style Savvy for the second since I've heard good things about it. Maybe I should just axe Animal Crossing and get something else? Any suggestions?

Meia

PersonaGAF, my twin sisters' birthday is coming up soon. They are older than me and love games as well. I was thinking about giving one of them Animal Crossing New Leaf, but since only one can be Mayor I'm not so sure if that's a good gift. I plan to get two games, one for each of them. One of the two was of course Animal Crossing. I was leaning towards Style Savvy for the second since I've heard good things about it. Maybe I should just axe Animal Crossing and get something else? Any suggestions?

Well, since you're leaning on Animal Crossing anyway, do you both have your own 3DS's? You can both play together that way, after all. It's what my niece and I did(gave her my physical copy of the game after I realized how dumb it was not going digital on it while I went and bought a digital copy). She played it for a bit, I did too, and we would visit each other's towns once in awhile just for the hell of it. You can both be mayors and have your own towns that way.

There IS also Pokemon in a month.

Gamerloid

Well, since you're leaning on Animal Crossing anyway, do you both have your own 3DS's? You can both play together that way, after all. It's what my niece and I did(gave her my physical copy of the game after I realized how dumb it was not going digital on it while I went and bought a digital copy). She played it for a bit, I did too, and we would visit each other's towns once in awhile just for the hell of it. You can both be mayors and have your own towns that way.

There IS also Pokemon in a month.

Pokemon will be out almost two weeks after their birthday though. ;_;
That would've been the perfect gift, but it don't want them to wait. Plus I have no clue if they'll pick it up themselves. Most likely they would.

So you think getting both of them Animal Crossing New Left is the best scenario? That could work. I could hijack both of their 3DS and download the games for both of them so it's there when they turn it on and be surprised. That would be cool, but Nintendo's darn policies make me hesitate on getting them the digital version.

Meia

Pokemon will be out almost two weeks after their birthday though. ;_;
That would've been the perfect gift, but it don't want them to wait. Plus I have no clue if they'll pick it up themselves. Most likely they would.

So you think getting both of them Animal Crossing New Left is the best scenario? That could work. I could hijack both of their 3DS and download the games for both of them so it's there when they turn it on and be surprised. That would be cool, but Nintendo's darn policies make me hesitate on getting them the digital version.

No, I'm right there with you, as I'm hesitant to buy anything digital with them as well after losing a LOT of VC games on my old Wii. But then again, I lost them because I traded in my system and expected to still have them when I got it back. I don't plan on actually losing my console ever, so don't think I had much to worry about. Still buy the vast majority of my games physically, but animal crossing isn't going to hurt anything.

But yeah, I can see your point about not waiting. In your situation I'd have probably done both, but this is also why I'm in debt. :p

Gamerloid

kLVGGhQ.jpg

Yeah, they'll love this no doubt. The only Animal Crossing game they never played was City Folk. Thanks Meia.

Meia

I can understand why 999 on iOS, but there really is a few things in the game that NEED to be experienced with two screens...

Do you just not have a DS? I can understand if not.

I still intend to. Waiting for 999 on iOS and then I'll play VLR on Vita.

Dude, this is a horrible idea. The DS is an integeral part of the experience, and I can gurantee you 100% that you will enjoy it significantly less if you play it on iOS.

Christ, emulate it if you absolutely have to. Just play the full version.

Squire

Banned

Meia

Something real desperate and sad about that.

Especially when the puzzles are tied into the narrative.

Hrm. Trying to think of situations....

Now, there are moments where characters talk to each other in the rooms, but that could easily still be in each puzzle room as the characters tinker with the puzzles themselves.

TGS has come and no sign of P5 ;-;. Aeana promised it would be before TGS and even that would be delayed reveal for what they had in mind.

It's never coming out is it.

Meia

TGS has come and no sign of P5 ;-;. Aeana promised it would be before TGS and even that would be delayed reveal for what they had in mind.

It's never coming out is it.

It was also pointed out repeatedly that because of the Index situation, the reveal was probably going to be put on hold for who knows how long.

Now that the situation is actually resolved, I'd bet we'll hear something sooner rather than later, most certainly before the end of the year. What better way to not panic your fans than give news you've been waiting for?

FluxWaveZ

Hrm. Trying to think of situations....

Now, there are moments where characters talk to each other in the rooms, but that could easily still be in each puzzle room as the characters tinker with the puzzles themselves.

Well, the ending, obviously. And this might be more of a VLR thing, but: Morphogenetic field.

Also (999 spoilers):
top screen = Junpei perspective; bottom screen = Akane perspective, though don't remember if that's necessarily related to the puzzles.

Now that the situation is actually resolved, I'd bet we'll hear something sooner rather than later, most certainly before the end of the year. What better way to not panic your fans than give news you've been waiting for?

Until they announce it for the Bone or 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom