• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

tumblr_m4f3temimh1qeel1ao7_250.png
tumblr_m4f3temimh1qeel1ao3_250.png
tumblr_m4f3temimh1qeel1ao1_250.png
tumblr_m4f3temimh1qeel1ao2_250.png

tumblr_m4f3temimh1qeel1ao4_250.png
tumblr_m4f3temimh1qeel1ao5_250.png
tumblr_m4f3temimh1qeel1ao11_r1_250.png
tumblr_m4f3temimh1qeel1ao6_250.png

MAJOR SPOILERS

Source: http://brogeoisie.tumblr.com/post/23558811049

Caladrius

Trinity should have been about Geriatric rice farmers who get mixed up with the yakuza and have to use their newfound horsie personas Cane, Stable and Beth in order to stop the Yakuza's soylent-green organ replacement scheme. Koromaru makes a cameo as an activist on the behalf of the humane society of Japan.

Dantis

These remind me of Jintor's style a lot. It's surprising how many people on Tumblr draw like this when it's quite an unusual style.

Dunno, I'm just putting it out there. I am going to suffer and watch it, it's up to you people if y'all want to suffer with me.

Like I've said before, I personally enjoyed it. It's not as terrible as some people make it out to be.

Levito

Banned
Guys whenever I hear Your Affection all I can hear from the lyrics is "Your erection, your erection, your erectioooooon!"

Am I alone?

Meia

Guys whenever I hear Your Affection all I can hear from the lyrics is "Your erection, your erection, your erectioooooon!"

Am I alone?

I don't think anything lewd with that line, it's the next one.

I mean, i want to look up the actual lyrics, but it's almost funnier this way.

kewlmyc

In slightly related news, my old roommate and I laughed our asses off when we looked up the lyrics to Reach Out to the Truth. I swear Heaven is the only P3/4 song with good lyrics.

Dantis

In slightly related news, my old roommate and I laughed our asses off when we looked up the lyrics to Reach Out to the Truth. I swear Heaven is the only P3/4 song with good lyrics.

Pursuing My True Self and Burn My Dread have thematically good lyrics. All of the songs that Benjamin Franklin did the lyrics for have decent lyrics. Lotus Juices songs don't have good lyrics per se, but the tone of them fits the context. "Fear's awake, anger beats loud, face reality" is like the best opening line for a battle song ever.

Pursuing My True Self and Burn My Dread have thematically good lyrics. All of the songs that Benjamin Franklin did the lyrics for have decent lyrics. Lotus Juices songs don't have good lyrics per se, but the tone of them fits the context. "Fear's awake, anger beats loud, face reality" is like the best opening line for a battle song ever.

In my opinion most persona songs have thematically good lyrics, too bad Mass Destruction goes on to do what seems like a 4 minute "OH YEAH DOODOODOODOO DOODOODOODOO" solo

kewlmyc

...what?

Dantis

In my opinion most persona songs have thematically good lyrics, too bad Mass Destruction goes on to do what seems like a 4 minute "OH YEAH DOODOODOODOO DOODOODOODOO" solo

Mike Patton once said that he writes music to fit the music, and that the lyrics to his songs generally don't mean anything. I think the same applies here. Songs like Heartbeat Heartbreak aren't meant to explicitly state anything, I don't think, but the song as a whole creates a feeling.

It's a stage name, obviously. He worked with Kitajoh on Trauma Team. He then worked with Kitajoh and Meguro on Arena and Golden, writing the lyrics, presumably because they have a reputation for being nonsense.

The thing is, nonsense is sometimes better. There's a song that Jed Whedon wrote for Dollhouse that I love, and he said that he made sure that it wasn't too on the nose in the lyrics, so that it didn't pull the viewer out of the TV show, which is exactly what could potentially happen with Persona if they're not careful. I don't want a song that is literally about summoning Personas or whatever.

PK Gaming

I could not agree more.

kewlmyc

It's not as if I think the songs are bad, hell I have Mass Destruction as my ringtone. It's just that I find that the actual lyrics when looked at don't match the greatness of the rest of the song. It's like the opposite of rap. Doesn't help that the female who sings the P4 songs needs to work on her pronounciation some more (she has greatly improved though).

Also, Burn My Dread, Snowflakes, and Pursuing my True Self do have good lyrics, it's just that I forgot about them since they don't play as often as the battle themes and overworld music.

Jintor

My habit of having battle themes as custom ringtones pays off thanks to Persona!

now if only people would call me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom