• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

I think I probably rushed through SMTIV faster than I did P4 lol. I loved it.

Gonna have to replay it for the neutral ending though.

I enjoyed it overall, but I feel like they shouldn't have cut it up so much information between all 3 routes, it lost a lot of the dramatic tension that way, and the endgames themselves were too short for me. (except neutral, and that was for the wrong reasons.) The game has an interesting plot, but the dramatic execution left something to be desired, especially on the faction routes. The raw combat portion is really fun, but I feel like the script needed ironing out.

Take-Mikazuchi's design represented Kanji a bit more than Rokuten-Maoh imo

I humbly disagree with this. Take-Mikazuchi is very stereotypically "cool" and "manly," which does represent the facade that Kanji puts on in order to mask his insecurities. However, Rokuten Maoh, who resembles the great Oda Nobunaga, represents the true manliness that he gained through his social link while staying visually bulky and imposing, which stays true to Kanji's role in the party and his new outlook on life in equal terms.

Sidenote: I'm actually really disappointed that there weren't any costumes based on everyone's epilogue appearances. The thought of NeoKanji summoning this badboy is very appealing to me.

Rhapsody

Banned
I enjoyed it overall, but I feel like they shouldn't have cut it up so much information between all 3 routes, it lost a lot of the dramatic tension that way, and the endgames themselves were too short for me. (except neutral, and that was for the wrong reasons.) The game has an interesting plot, but the dramatic execution left something to be desired, especially on the faction routes. The raw combat portion is really fun, but I feel like the script needed ironing out.

That was the biggest problem for me. The ending paths felt too biased that if you weren't on the neutral path, you felt like you weren't on the right one.
I'm going to have to replay it soon when I have time since the law ending was not a great way to end all that.

They should've treated them all equally.

Edit: Kanji's Take-Mikazuchi just reminds me of a super buff Skullomania, haha

Caladrius

Sidenote: I'm actually really disappointed that there weren't any costumes based on everyone's epilogue appearances. The thought of NeoKanji summoning this badboy is very appealing to me.

I was baffled by that. They made a whole new batch of models for two scenes and use them nowhere else.Why!?

Also Kanji should have combed it to the side, it looks really weird to see him with bangs. Otherwise he would look like husbando material great.

That was the biggest problem for me. The ending paths felt too biased that if you weren't on the neutral path, you felt like you weren't on the right one.
I'm going to have to replay it soon when I have time since the law ending was not a great way to end all that.

The neutral favoritism almost made me miss "LUCIFER IS OUR SAVIOR". The Chaos route is meh too, not as boring as law, but not by much.

I humbly disagree with this. Take-Mikazuchi is very stereotypically "cool" and "manly," which does represent the facade that Kanji puts on in order to mask his insecurities. However, Rokuten Maoh, who resembles the great Oda Nobunaga, represents the true manliness that he gained through his social link while staying visually bulky and imposing, which stays true to Kanji's role in the party and his new outlook on life in equal terms.

You know you are very right, in fact right after I posted that I re-analyzed Rokuten-Maoh's and Takeji-Zaiten's designs and I found it to be just as representative of Kanji as Take

I guess it's just I was thrown off by the Samurai design, cuz as you know a persona's appearance is supposed to refer to ones inner feelings and thoughts and while I know that in Japan the view of the Samurai as the epitome of manliness is ingrained on people's minds on a cultural level, Kanji never struck me as the kind of guy who would care about history or Japanese pop culture enough to buy into that, you know? But on further inspection they do have that Slightly-immature Kanji charm, not in the Yosuke I-say-immature-stuff way but In the Kanji innocent I-think-skulls-and-crossbones-and-hot-rod-flames-are-cool-and-manly way, while at the same time toning that immaturity down to show Kanji's growth as a person.

cj_iwakura

So as the avatar may imply, I'm working on my HG101 Lunar article. If any Lunar fans have any thoughts to contribute, feel free to suggest.

It's always been one of my favorite RPG serieses, but it really hit hard times once they canned Studio Alex.

Guys, need help with Persona 4 Golden. I've always been familiar with fusion mechanics but never bothered to go deep into it. Now I decided to try delving into it. I'm trying to get Fire Boost, Resist Physical and Invigorate 2 on my Black Frost.

So far, Fire Boost and Resist Physical are taken care of, but Invigorate 2 gave me an issue. I'm trying to get it from Sarasvati, but since I'm too lazy to level her twice I'm just fusing her for the level ups. I try to fuse Lv19 Principality (Justice) + Lv15 Berith (Hanged), but I end up with Lv22 High Pixie (Priestess). Isn't there something wrong with this? ((19+15)/2)+1 = Lv18, which is MUCH closer to Lv17 Sarasvati than Lv22 High Pixie. Does the level rule only go up?

I ended up using Lv11 Archangel (Justice) instead, but I still wanna know what caused this.

Sophia

Any fusion performed outside of special ones must rank up. Only same-arcana Fusions rank down, which is why you get High Pixie.

And yeah, I was just going to recommend Archangel instead of Principality. ((11+15)/2)+1 = 14. Which must rank upward and become Sarasvati.

Got it, thanks. I'll probably swap Fire Break for Agidyne.
ImxMAuE.jpg

Sophia

Break skills are useless out of a couple gimmicky fights anyhow. Not worth keeping around at all unless you're somehow taking that Black Frost into P4G's new dungeon.

Dantis

Dear Daniel,

We have just despatched Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner Soul Hackers to you! You should receive this in the next 1-2 days.

This title is also available to keep if you like it! Go to My Games for price.

We hope you enjoy this game and thank you for continuing to use Boomerang! And remember to keep your Pipeline updated!

If you have any feedback, good or bad, we would love to hear from you. Just reply to this email or visit the website.

Thank you,

The Boomerang Team
www.boomerangrentals.co.uk

Well, this has been a long time coming.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Edit: Kanji's Take-Mikazuchi just reminds me of a super buff Skullomania, haha

I agree, that was an issue I had and the window for neutral is so small, that people either lucked into getting it or looked up ax guide. (Like I did because I wanted to get it the first time. )

It was satisfying beating the hell out of those two clowns Walter and Jonathan.

The neutral favoritism almost made me miss "LUCIFER IS OUR SAVIOR". The Chaos route is meh too, not as boring as law, but not by much.

Law is boring as all fuck.

Caladrius

I agree, that was an issue I had and the window for neutral is so small, that people either lucked into getting it or looked up ax guide. (Like I did because I wanted to get it the first time. )

Hooray!
You committed genocide on the people of Tokyo and Mikado hails you as a hero despite being none the better for it!

It didn't even have that sinister air that made the series' other law endings disturbing. It just felt like You, Jonathan and Mikado were legitimately braindead the entire time.
Let's trust the monstrous looking beings telling you to do monstrous things in the name of someone you've never seen and can only trust that they're telling the truth even though it's possible they could be demons themselves! WITHOUT EVER QUESTIONING ANY OF IT.
Actually braindead would have been a better ending.
God realizes all of his angels and followers are morons, strikes them with brain damage and lets Lucy wreck everything.
If nothing it would have been less stupid.

Dantis

Have you finished SMT4? What did you think of it?

PK Gaming

Hooray!
You committed genocide on the people of Tokyo and Mikado hails you as a hero despite being none the better for it!

It didn't even have that sinister air that made the series' other law endings disturbing. It just felt like You, Jonathan and Mikado were legitimately braindead the entire time.
Let's trust the monstrous looking beings telling you to do monstrous things in the name of someone you've never seen and can only trust that they're telling the truth even though it's possible they could be demons themselves! WITHOUT EVER QUESTIONING ANY OF IT.
Actually braindead would have been a better ending.
God realizes all of his angels and followers are morons, strikes them with brain damage and lets Lucy wreck everything.
If nothing it would have been less stupid.

This.

In terms of route quality, Neutral >>> Chaos > Law

Caladrius

There is kind of a thing revealed about the Law path in the DLC's, that makes that route make a tad more sense.

I didn't buy their explanation (correct me if you're thinking of something else.).
God could have destroyed humanity entirely with Yamato if he was That desperate to restart. IIRC his existence can still be perpetuated through supernatural creatures or by keeping a few humans in storage

Wooosh. Right over your head. :D

Also anyone talking bad about Soul Hackers is asking for bad things to happen to them. :mad:
Smite me O monotone smiter

Levito

Banned
Inorigo just asked Labrys's voice actress to be on the podcast, time for Dantis to make his appearance.

also sad I had no invite. :(

Mentioned it a few times in here, all you gotta do is ask to be on the podcast and it's a doable(provided the panel isn't full already). I wasn't sure how interested you were cause you no showed the Sam Riegel episode and I never heard back from you why. :p

PK Gaming

Wasn't it that the Four Archangels were going against God's orders to achieve their own method of the thousand year kingdom? I need to get back to SMTIV, I haven't played it in a while.

The game being awesome is why Soul Hackers is great.

It's not like they're mutually exclusive :eek:

Inorigo just asked Labrys's voice actress to be on the podcast, time for Dantis to make his appearance.

Mentioned it a few times in here, all you gotta do is ask to be on the podcast and it's a doable(provided the panel isn't full already). I wasn't sure how interested you were cause you no showed the Sam Riegel episode and I never heard back from you why. :p

You guys got Cindy Robinson? Dude, you should get panelists who've played Virtues Last Reward! Man I have a ton of questions to ask her.

PK pointed out to me that you never asked Sam Riegel about his Persona 1 appearance1

Caladrius

Wasn't it that the Four Archangels were going against God's orders to achieve their own method of the thousand year kingdom? I need to get back to SMTIV, I haven't played it in a while.

The game being awesome is why Soul Hackers is great.

I do believe
it was Mastema making the claim. I was under the impression he was lying, but god only shows up once at an unrelated point, so either masty or the archangels could be deceptive/deluded.

PK Gaming

PK pointed out to me that you never asked Sam Riegel about his Persona 1 appearance1

I was half-joking with that comment

No way in hell he'd remember. In fact, I don't think any of the Persona 2 actors would remember their characters (outside of maybe Amanda Winn-lee, with a little bit of prodding)

I do believe
it was Mastema making the claim. I was under the impression he was lying, but god only shows up once at an unrelated point, so either masty or the archangels could be deceptive/deluded.

Mastema is a slimy dick, but he is nothing but completely loyal to YHWH, and would never lie about YHWH. On the other hand, the 4 arch angels took matters into their own hands once before already in another game. It remains to be seen, but I believe there is some truth behind Mastema's words. SMTIV has such an interesting world, but so much is unexplained. :(

Levito

Banned
You guys got Cindy Robinson? Dude, you should get panelists who've played Virtues Last Reward! Man I have a ton of questions to ask her.

Asked, no word from her yet.

I've been meaning to play Virtues Last Reward, looks like a good fit on Vita. You should come on that episode provided she can make it.

He barely remembered anything about playing Teddie despite voicing him in Arena, Golden, and The Animation. You guys didn't hear it all because I edited it out, but we asked him a bunch of questions that he literally just said "sorry guys I don't remember", it was kinda awkward. The Persona 1 remake from years ago he'd be even less likely to remember. If a VO comes on and you have a question, you're welcome to come on, or even just post a question on the questions post on the site.

That's something people seem to forget, these voice actors sometimes do literally hundreds of roles in a year and it probably blends together for them. The P4 cast tends to work out best cause all of that was recorded fairly recently(everything from last year anyway). I'd really like to start asking P3 voice actors(Karen aside) but after the Sam Riegal episode I'm not confident any of them will even remember something they recorded 5+ years ago.

So yeah, you should come on if you want to ask questions, buddha. ;p

Yessssssss. Her Zero III was legendary.

I hope we an get Travis Willingham (voice of Theo in P3P) on later so I can gush about how awesome K is :}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom