• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

Pretty much.

I haven't played my copy even once, and I have no intention of ever playing it.

My biggest fear is that you'll just hate on the score for not being Meguro. I love Soul Hackers' music.

That said, use headphones. The audio coding on SH sucks.

My biggest fear is that you'll just hate on the score for not being Meguro. I love Soul Hackers' music.

That said, use headphones. The audio coding on SH sucks.

isnt just under half the music actually Meguro? Also, I think he already doesn't like it THAT much. He doesnt like P2's ost and once told me the original Revelations: Persona ost is "just noise" compared to Shin Megami Tensei: Persona PSP lol

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Add "reset passwords" to this and it's what my responsibilities were. There were many days where I did absolutely nothing but surf. When they gave me an office, I managed to sneak some time with my handhelds in occasionally.

I used to do that on weekends. Got a shit load of gaming in.

I'm full time M-F now and I'm lucky if I can sit down for more than 10 minutes at a time. Luckily I have my phone so as I go inbetween jobs, I can look for a minute or two.

cj_iwakura

isnt just under half the music actually Meguro? Also, I think he already doesn't like it THAT much. He doesnt like P2's ost and once told me the original Revelations: Persona ost is "just noise" compared to Shin Megami Tensei: Persona PSP lol

More like under a quarter. Most of it was Tsukasa Masuko(I think, I keep getting the old school composers mixed up).

More like under a quarter. Most of it was Tsukasa Masuko(I think, I keep getting the old school composers mixed up).

Composed by:
Shoji Meguro (Disc 1: 1, 2, 5, 8-15, 18, 22, 24, 28-36, 40-49. Disc 2: 8-10, 13-16, 19, 20, 23, 24, 26, 34, 37, 44, 50. 52)
Toshiko Tasaki (Disc 1: 3, 4, 6, 7, 16, 17, 19-21, 23, 25-27, 50. Disc 2: 1-7, 11, 12, 17, 18, 21, 22, 25, 27-33, 36, 42, 43, 45-49, 51, 53)
Tsukasa Masuko (Disc 1: 37-39. Disc 2: 35, 38-41, 54)

Arranged by:
Toshiko Tasaki (Disc 1: 2, 39. Disc 2: 54)
Shoji Meguro (Disc 2: 35, 38-40)

cj_iwakura

Composed by:
Shoji Meguro (Disc 1: 1, 2, 5, 8-15, 18, 22, 24, 28-36, 40-49. Disc 2: 8-10, 13-16, 19, 20, 23, 24, 26, 34, 37, 44, 50. 52)
Toshiko Tasaki (Disc 1: 3, 4, 6, 7, 16, 17, 19-21, 23, 25-27, 50. Disc 2: 1-7, 11, 12, 17, 18, 21, 22, 25, 27-33, 36, 42, 43, 45-49, 51, 53)
Tsukasa Masuko (Disc 1: 37-39. Disc 2: 35, 38-41, 54)

Arranged by:
Toshiko Tasaki (Disc 1: 2, 39. Disc 2: 54)
Shoji Meguro (Disc 2: 35, 38-40)

Oh, the wasted opportunities for him to hear random tracks and say they suck without knowing Meguro did them.

Squire

Banned
£13 is less than Zen will have sold it to Zavvi for. Nobody made money from the transaction, Zavvi just lost less.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. You despise it and decided you did long ago, but you bought it anyway.

That's kind of the dumbest thing ever, no matter the price. £13 could've been a meal, but I guess the fan fever's got you bad.

Soriku

Meguro did some of the best tracks in SH. Picture Gallery Radder is top notch and Akane Mall and ID Deletion are good as well.

cj_iwakura

Whatever helps you sleep at night. You despise it and decided you did long ago, but you bought it anyway.

That's kind of the dumbest thing ever, no matter the price. £13 could've been a meal, but I guess the fan fever's got you bad.

I can actually relate to this. I still own Revelations Persona, and we all know how bad that is.

Then again, it's a collector's item to say the least.

Meguro did some of the best tracks in SH. Picture Gallery Radder is top notch and Akane Mall and ID Deletion are good as well.

My favorite tracks are Amami Airport, Spookies, and the overworld BGM.

Such a good OST. I truly hope Dantis enjoys it.
(And, uh, plays it. HI EP)

Squire

Banned
I can actually relate to this. I still own Revelations Persona, and we all know how bad that is.

Yeah, I mean it's fine. Not for me though. I can't imagine being that into something. If I don't like it I won't buy it. Period. "But it was only (_)$!" is an idiotic excuse.

But I'm sure you don't "despise" Revelations.

I finished my first one. I focused mostly on making sure they fit the personality as well as they could as opposed to making sure their types matched. i naturally chose my favorite character. (The one I chose is physically oriented anyway)

Left to right:

Aggron: Rough, irritable, but takes care of what it has.
Gardevoir: More feminine aspect, devoted to protecting the people that care for them.
Tyranitar: Intimidating, temperamental and mostly violent, but capable of being nurturing.
Scrafty: Thug that can be tamed and made a force for good.
Wigglytuff: Hits Kanji's
and my
heart for supereffective damage.
Dunsparce:Odd, reclusive, poorly understood but ultimately very loveable.

Haha nice job

I actually did the same (with a few exceptions)

I can provide a reason for each of the pokemon on mah pictas that cites their personality or story traits. For example:

Kanji:

Primape: Easily angered, yet docile and playful when not angry

Pangoro: While we don't have dex info on Pangoro yet everything from its design fits Kanji, right down to the furry cape

Granbull: "It is timid in spite of its looks. If it becomes enraged, however, it will strike with its huge fangs." nuff said

Electivire: Big and Strong, prone to get into fights, and zaps foes with electricity.

Wigglytuff: We all know Kanji would NEED a Wigglytuff in his team

Ampharos: I can imagine young Kanji when his team only consisted of a Snubbull and Pamcham, seeing a wild Mareep in the fields of Inaba and immediately falling in love with its fluffy wool. He catches it and continues to love and care for it and use its wool in many knitting projects until it gradually falls down as it evolves into Flaafy and later Ampharos.

cj_iwakura

You must have liked revelations at one point, Dantis has done nothing but hate P4A since...well....for a long ass while!

It was my first SMT game. I'll always treasure it. At the time it was like nothing else.
To an extent it still is.

Is EP PS1 worth playing without playing IS first? How dated is it?

NO WAY. Play IS first. You have the chance those of us in 99 never did.

And it has lots of random battles and isometric dungeons. If you can handle that, you're fine.
(People love EO, why is EP so obtuse?)

It was my first SMT game. I'll always treasure it. At the time it was like nothing else.
To an extent it still is.

NO WAY. Play IS first. You have the chance those of us in 99 never did.

And it has lots of random battles and isometric dungeons. If you can handle that, you're fine.
(People love EO, why is EP so obtuse?)

Tarot grinding, persona level grinding, IS PSP's complete lack of difficulty almost to the point where you have to purposely try to die, and the encounter rate, really. I am in the opinion that IS PSP is a botched port.

Dantis

Yeah, I mean it's fine. Not for me though. I can't imagine being that into something. If I don't like it I won't buy it. Period. "But it was only (_)$!" is an idiotic excuse.

But I'm sure you don't "despise" Revelations.

No it isn't. You're silly.

I wanted the game because it's Persona (And I wanted the CD). If it was £40 I wouldn't buy it. But it was £13 so I thought, "Hey, why not? The CD along is £6 on Ebay so I might as well go the whole hog!"

Always so quick to attack me, Ron! ;)

My favorite tracks are Amami Airport, Spookies, and the overworld BGM.

Such a good OST. I truly hope Dantis enjoys it.
(And, uh, plays it. HI EP)

I think I'll enjoy the game. No idea about the OST. Keep in mind I enjoyed P1 and P2.

cj_iwakura

Tarot grinding, persona level grinding, IS PSP's complete lack of difficulty almost to the point where you have to purposely try to die, and the encounter rate, really. I am in the opinion that IS PSP is a botched port.

To be fair, IS was always an easy game. It's actually rebalanced. The final boss is on par with the rest of the game on the PSP version. In the PS1 version he is NUTS.

No it isn't. You're silly.

I wanted the game because it's Persona (And I wanted the CD). If it was £40 I wouldn't buy it. But it was £13 so I thought, "Hey, why not? The CD along is £6 on Ebay so I might as well go the whole hog!"

Always so quick to attack me, Ron! ;)

I think I'll enjoy the game. No idea about the OST. Keep in mind I enjoyed P1 and P2.

So you need to go finish P2. :( You make Maya sad.

Dantis

To be fair, IS was always an easy game. It's actually rebalanced. The final boss is on par with the rest of the game on the PSP version. In the PS1 version he is NUTS.

So you need to go finish P2. :( You make Maya sad.

Soul Hackers is the priority because it's a rental. Apparently it's sub-30 hours, so that's good.

Speaking of EP the rumourmongers don't have nearly as many rumours as in IS. Where am I supposed to get armour from? I spread one for Clair de Lune but that's nowhere to be found.

86PieWyh.jpg

Psychic Fuuka

pVk47MUh.jpg

Battle Girl Chie

Shame there are no ice/fighting types for Chie. Why'd you pick Walrein?

Because although its prevolutions are cuddly and playful Walrein is tough, and fiercely protective of it's heard.

TBH that spot was originally filled by Vanilluxe, but I thought that it was a better fit for a rounder, topsicle loving member of the investigation team.

cj_iwakura

I want to see pictures of Pokemon Trainers with demons. That's the fun stuff.

Though are they up to the challenge of devil summoning?

kewlmyc

Because although its prevolutions are cuddly and playful Walrein is tough, and fiercely protective of it's heard.

TBH that spot was originally filled by Vanilluxe, but I thought that it was a better fit for a rounder, topsicle loving member of the investigation team.

Should have added a Taruos or Milktank for good measure.

PK Gaming

I finished my first one. I focused mostly on making sure they fit the personality as well as they could as opposed to making sure their types matched. i naturally chose my favorite character. (The one I chose is physically oriented anyway)

n1mr.png

Left to right:

Aggron: Rough, irritable, but takes care of what it has.
Gardevoir: More feminine aspect, devoted to protecting the people that care for them.
Tyranitar: Intimidating, temperamental and mostly violent, but capable of being nurturing.
Scrafty: Thug that can be tamed and made a force for good.
Wigglytuff: Hits Kanji's
and my
heart for supereffective damage.
Dunsparce:Odd, reclusive, poorly understood but ultimately very loveable.

Nice team composition, but where are the electric-types?

His element is an important aspect of his character, imo.

If you ask me, the one Pokemon that embodies Kanji the most is Electivire, mostly because of it's design & gameplay stats. (Big Electric guy with a physical oriented moveset)
According to the pokedex, it fights without a regard for it's own safety which is kind of what Kanji does.

Necrovex

Finished GTA V, and I sent it back to Gamefly. I'm hoping to get Puppeteer by the weekend from them. Then I can support Dantis's conversation about why Puppeteer is pretty rad.

Squire

Banned
Finished GTA V, and I sent it back to Gamefly. I'm hoping to get Puppeteer by the weekend from them. Then I can support Dantis's conversation about why Puppeteer is pretty rad.

Until you discover it's pretty meh.

What'd you think of GTA V? (No spoilers plz, I'm not done.)

Heh, good call. Though it would be cool if you used legends. I mean, Trial of the Dragon

384Rayquaza_zpsf378cd29.png

:p Also Moltres, Trismegistus, fire type bird things.

cjkeats

For some reason I started picking through my Wii games and found I had a copy of Trauma Center New Blood from before I realized it was an Altus game and more than just "that doctor game on wii and DS". I think I might have got it for the missus back then because she wanted to play it and never thought much of it.

Some may remember when we mentioned the series a while back, I started and played the entirety of the DS version of the first one a day or two, but quit at the last boss because it was ridiculously frustrating. Anyways I'm planning on tracking the rest of the Wii games and Under the Knife 2 down and playing the whole thing, especially Team because I hear it's awesome. I dig the story too from what I saw in the first.

But the Atlus voice pool is showing again, as so far this is Dr. Kanji assisted by Nurse Aigis.

Kazzy

But the Atlus voice pool is showing again, as so far this is Dr. Kanji assisted by Nurse Aigis.

It plagues games in general, and more often than not, the voice actors are delivering the exact same performance. I guess it boils down to the practicality of such things, particularly with a company that is all about working within relatively small margins. I just wish that every once in a while, the directors would demand a varied delivery.

Pedantic in the extreme, but it's "missus".

dkoy

I would lose my shit if Kanji ended up as a doctor

Possible if you consider his new look in that new Golden epilogue lol

So my friend liked Angel Beats and heard that Persona 4 the Animation had the same director so he's going to watch it. What are the chances that he'll end up playing P4(G)?

Caladrius

So my friend liked Angel Beats and heard that Persona 4 the Animation had the same director so he's going to watch it. What are the chances that he'll end up playing P4(G)?

It's a toss up. The adaptation is mediocre but the story foundation is solid. It depends on what leaves more of an impression.

cjkeats

Hard to say. If he watches the anime, he'll have the whole story spoiled in a less than ideal way.

But then again, he likes Angel Beats, so his standards are pretty low! He'll probably dig it a lot.
huehuehue

PK Gaming

Is there any way to get him

The anime isn't bad, but it's a supplement to the game, and not a substitution. Watching it before playing paints a very different picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom