• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
Possible if you consider his new look in that new Golden epilogue lol

So my friend liked Angel Beats and heard that Persona 4 the Animation had the same director so he's going to watch it. What are the chances that he'll end up playing P4(G)?

That's the first I heard someone really wanting to watch that director's other works. I don't think he did a great job with P4A, but it's an enjoyable watch for those that played the game the very least. The only thing I enjoyed from that guy was Carnival Phantasm. As much as I like Jun Maeda's writing, I don't think Seiji Kishi did a good job of directing it into an anime season.

In short, try to get him to play P4G instead of watching the anime.

Marche90

^I echo mostly everything you guys said. Kishi is a hack when it comes to more serious series (Dear God, DS2TA...). I did enjoyed Carnival Phantasm a lot, but the source material was strong, and I have mixed to decent feelings about Angel Beats, though in this case I can kinda forgive it since it seems that it was cut short from 26 to 13 episodes.

And everyone should play P4 or P4G (whatever you can get your hands on), since nothing beats getting a story from its source.

And for those who have followed my story of the PS3. Today I went to get the body back, there was nothing it could be done to save it. I'm putting the pieces on (the equivalent here of) eBay to see if I can get some cash back. That's it. RIP.
I swear I'll never buy used electronics again (except for Nintendo hardware, since Nintendium helps in this case. Those things can survive a bombing! quite literally depending on what generation...)

dkoy

As far as I know the only anime from that director that he's watched is Angel Beats, so who knows what his taste in anime is like? lol
As far as RPGs are concerned, they don't really seem like his type of game, he's more of an action gameplay guy and story takes second seat to him. He knows I'm a persona fan though but I can't see him playing the game just because I recommended it (we don't really take game recommendations from each other since we have different tastes) which is why I'm not going to push him into playing the game first. I've already told him my impressions on the anime (not as good as the game) but I also said I'm biased towards the game which wouldn't let me give him an objective idea.
And so now he's going to watch the anime without experiencing the source material first :/

Rhapsody

Banned
I think you should let him try P4 just a little bit. A lot of people on GAF that don't like JRPGs enjoyed the game a lot.
He might get hooked early on so it's worth a shot.
I have mixed to decent feelings about Angel Beats, though in this case I can kinda forgive it since it seems that it was cut short from 26 to 13 episodes.
I actually feel the same. If it wasn't 13 episodes and if they didn't have part of the story in novel form, I would've liked it a lot more. I enjoyed it, but it wasted some of its potential.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm more interested in Aigis in a nurse uniform.

aJj7AHH.jpg

k

Squire

Banned
Apropos of nothing, I can't decide if MGS4 or Peace Walker is the dumber metal gear

they are both

incredibly stupid

PW isn't fun, so that's all that matters.

Parts of MGS4 aren't fun either, but on the whole it's in my top ten of the generation.

Rhapsody

Banned
I only enjoyed Peace Walker because I played the awful Portable Ops right before. I can't even remember too much of the story though so either it wasn't memorable or I tried to block it out. I thought the boss fights were interesting. It gave a nice balance on the amount of stealth and then the amount of using your weapons in the game.

Soma

Possible if you consider his new look in that new Golden epilogue lol

So my friend liked Angel Beats and heard that Persona 4 the Animation had the same director so he's going to watch it. What are the chances that he'll end up playing P4(G)?

Get your friend to watch Humanity Has Declined as it's the best show Kishi has done.

Also yeah get them to play Persona 4 instead of the anime (which sux).

dkoy

Get your friend to watch Humanity Has Declined as it's the best show Kishi has done.

Also yeah get them to play Persona 4 instead of the anime (which sux).

Oh Kishi did Humanity Has Declined? He told me he watched it already and he liked that one too (as much as Angel Beats AFAIK)

And yeah I managed to prod him into playing the game, but since I'm giving him the game along with the anime there's no guarantee he'll play the game first. Hopefully he will since he knows it's the source material.

Kazzy

I only enjoyed Peace Walker because I played the awful Portable Ops right before. I can't even remember too much of the story though so either it wasn't memorable or I tried to block it out. I thought the boss fights were interesting. It gave a nice balance on the amount of stealth and then the amount of using your weapons in the game.

Peace Walker is a fine game, except when it succumbs to the worst traits of portable gaming. It's game progression (particularly towards the end) is both illogical and maddening.

The truncated nature of the gameplay worked really well, and it was really fun to utilize stealth. However, far too much of the missions (the post game is especially egregious on this front) fall back on the same old tired objectives. It's a good game, one that is unfortunately buried amidst unintuitive design.

dkoy

I've just realized.... why do most
all?
of Soejima's persona and both of his robot girl designs have no feet?

Dantis

That Aigis camel toe is probably the worst thing I'll see all day.

I've just realized.... why do most
all?
of Soejima's persona and both of his robot girl designs have no feet?

I think, in terms of the Persona, he said that it's because they were always hovering/flying/floating/whogivesafuck so they had no need for them. Not sure why Labrys and Aigis don't have them.

Apropos of nothing, I can't decide if MGS4 or Peace Walker is the dumber metal gear

they are both

incredibly stupid

I haven't played Peace Walker for more than ten minutes, but MGS4 is proper garbage. Like, seriously shit.

Finished GTA V, and I sent it back to Gamefly. I'm hoping to get Puppeteer by the weekend from them. Then I can support Dantis's conversation about why Puppeteer is pretty rad.

It's amazing. More imaginative than most games can even dream of being.

Meia

That Aigis camel toe is probably the worst thing I'll see all day.

And now I cannot UNSEE it, fantastic.

Finally got back to where I was in SMT4, so time to keep plowing on through. Think I may actually have this this time(still only 20 hours in :p ).

I strongly disliked the "game" that was MGS4. It seems that series had become more like a movie and less like a game in every installment. Though to be fair I haven't played 3 yet...

BTW,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Toe2yX7nqU

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Meia

New Persona 4 Arena sequel character, Sho Minazuki

The timing really is impeccable, isn't it? He says that, this gets released.

At this point, guessing this "Sho" is going to be our antagonist.

Also by throwing him in the character montage screen, they mixed up completely the two teams, so so much for my theory. :p

Jintor

the more dantis advocates something, the less I want to play it :p

I guess it's the dantis anime recommendation curse rebounding back on me

/edit I thought you fuckers were kidding. What the faaaaaaaaark

The timing really is impeccable, isn't it? He says that, this gets released.

At this point, guessing this "Sho" is going to be our antagonist.

Also by throwing him in the character montage screen, they mixed up completely the two teams, so so much for my theory. :p

He looks so bad, and really its the hair color that does it, if it was like, a couple of shades darker and not so FIRE RED, and his skin wasn't so pasty white, he would look ok. Nothing a color swap wont solve though!

Jintor

Anything with Aigis suplexing someone in it OH MAN YU SHADOW TEASER hmm maybe the story mode won't stuff itself up its own butt... oh, who am I kidding.

Meia

How did they mix up the teams? Sho has a Yasogami outfit (as did Labrys, but this guy's not a P3 robot... probably).

It used to literally be P3 on one side, IT on the other. They added Sho to the pic but also swapped things around. Still, Sho being in the middle of both groups and not knowing who the hell he is leads me to antagonist. At least one of them given there's still some room next to him....

Not talking about the character select screen, but the screen that came up to signify a "game over" or whatever in the arcade thing that first came out.(1:41 of this vid)

FluxWaveZ

It used to literally be P3 on one side, IT on the other. They added Sho to the pic but also swapped things around. Still, Sho being in the middle of both groups and not knowing who the hell he is leads me to antagonist. At least one of them given there's still some room next to him....

Not talking about the character select screen, but the screen that came up to signify a "game over" or whatever in the arcade thing that first came out.(1:41 of this vid)

Oh, right. I'm just now paying attention to the specific character order and everyone is everywhere now, which I think kinda sucks, actually. The P3 vs. P4 theme it had going on was pretty neat.

Sho has android eyes.........

Huh, now that you mention it...

He CAN'T be another robot guy. He just can't. Please.

Soma

I'm a little disappointed that it's a new character which means there's less chances for a character I want in this game to be in the roster.

But.

At least it's not Ken.

...yet. :(

FluxWaveZ

I'm a little disappointed that it's a new character which means there's less chances for a character I want in this game to be in the roster.

But.

At least it's not Ken.

...yet. :(

I'm just glad this means more characters at all. Some people were really sure there was just going to be Junpei and Yukari as the newcomers and I've always claimed that there was going to be a minimum of 4 new characters and with Sho, I'm POSITIVE he wouldn't be the last reveal.

Sophia

I'm just glad this means more characters at all. Some people were really sure there was just going to be Junpei and Yukari as the newcomers and I've always claimed that there was going to be a minimum of 4 new characters and with Sho, I'm POSITIVE he wouldn't be the last reveal.

I always thought the people claiming there'd be only two were a bit silly. We can clearly see two empty slots on the character select. :p

Meia

Still think we're due for a second Antagonist, and we know who to be hoping for.....

That's right,
KEN AMADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom