• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

His eyes are nothing to do with that though, Narukami has the exact same eyes.

I do wonder if it's some kind of shadow Yu though or something. They share a lot in their designs.

Was wondering that as well. Is Yu one of the characters that didn't have a playable "shadow" version in the arcade?

I do wonder if it's some kind of shadow Yu though or something. They share a lot in their designs.

I am not saying that due to his eyes, but due to the very nature of the person who is spoiled, and if it is Shadow Yu or something, that only further gives credence to that.

dkoy

Huh, now that you mention it...

He CAN'T be another robot guy. He just can't. Please.

Why not? Have a 'male' robot instead of a 'female' one this time around XD don't really like the new character design, doesn't feel very 'persona' to me, what with the scabbards and scars, then again this is
as Dantis says
fanservice

Anything Persona related excites me but I still have to actually play P4A before I even consider touching this.
inb4 pal 6 months later region lock

FluxWaveZ

Why not? Have a 'male' robot instead of a 'female' one this time around XD don't really like the new character design, doesn't feel very 'persona' to me, what with the scabbards and scars, then again this is
as Dantis says
fanservice

Anything Persona related excites me but I still have to actually play P4A before I even consider touching this.
inb4 pal 6 months later region lock

No. Absolutely no excuse or concession will make me think that another robot would be acceptable. It'd be the laziest damn thing ever.

I feel that his design fits Persona more than Labrys did when I first saw her, so I'm sure I'll warm up to him faster than I did with her, especially when we learn of his origins.

Was wondering that as well. Is Yu one of the characters that didn't have a playable "shadow" version in the arcade?

Yu fought against his Shadow in the arcade mode in Persona 4 Arena. His Shadow is prominently shown at the end of this new trailer, anyways, so I don't think Sho has anything specifically related to Yu.

Blerg, I think I'm done with this for now.

Fuck Persona, man.

fuck smt fuck devil summoner fuck devil survivor fuck digital devil saga fuck the knicks fuck the fucking fuckers

1369352441226.png

dkoy

No. Absolutely no excuse or concession will make me think that another robot would be acceptable. It'd be the laziest damn thing ever.

I feel that his design fits Persona more than Labrys did when I first saw her, so I'm sure I'll warm up to him faster than I did with her, especially when we learn of his origins.

Yu fought against his Shadow in the arcade mode in Persona 4 Arena. His Shadow is prominently shown at the end of this new trailer, anyways, so I don't think Sho has anything specifically related to Yu.

Hmm we'll see about this Sho Minazuki character. But my initial impressions stand (should be noted that all of the P3 cast's redesigns, except Aigis because she wasn't really redesigned, don't sit too well with me)

Just for you guys:

I'm really looking forward to seeing all of the shadow version portraits. That Naoto one was awesome.

dkoy

I refuse to get hype for that teaser website until further confirmation, even with the P-team logo.

3 Boxes and a bunch of cities. I'm inclined to believe it's a site for the P3 movies.

EMT0

Banned
The background is red and red has three letters. No coincidence.

I...don't think it's gonna be anything BUT Persona 5. The color scheme makes me think that. Wouldn't they just go with blue otherwise if it's P3 related, or perhaps green due to the Dark Hour?

FluxWaveZ

I...don't think it's gonna be anything BUT Persona 5. The different color scheme makes me think that. Wouldn't they just go with blue otherwise if it's P3 related, or perhaps Green due to the Dark Hour?

Red seems to be a predominant color scheme for P4A2, especially since the plot seems to revolve around a certain red mist. That combined with the website's source code showing P4U2 points to it being Arena 2 related, though I'm not sure why they'd tease a specific time and date related to the game.

I guess it could be the game's arcade release, but I don't know why they wouldn't just officially announce it instead.

Necrovex

Until you discover it's pretty meh.

What'd you think of GTA V? (No spoilers plz, I'm not done.)

GTAV was fantastic. I only played the story mission as I needed to get it done before Beyond came out. Every mission was different; GTA IV had a major issue of having super similar missions. I felt slight fatigued by the end, but that's because I spent hours playing it. It's entering my top five list for GOTY.

And I can hear Dantis's tear by your Puppeteer statement.

Young Magus

I don't think that eyes have to be THAT much of a factor, keep in mind (P2 spoilers):
this was the same type of creature that had normal eyes for a good portion of impersonating someone in IS

Dantis

Just going to point out that the Arena 2 OT is up for grabs because CJ put the wrong name down (Which is what you get for not waiting for an official announcement) and he's not allowed to make new threads anyway.

FluxWaveZ

Just going to point out that the Arena 2 OT is up for grabs because CJ put the wrong name down (Which is what you get for not waiting for an official announcement) and he's not allowed to make new threads anyway.

Is it a console OT or an arcade OT? I'd be up for organizing a console OT, with some artistic help.

Where do people go to claim OTs?
just curious how everyone manages it all

Jintor

OT community i believe.

I have a claim on an XCOM Enemy Within thread I should really start planning for. Does anywhere know where I could make a gif of, like, a scrolling window where text is being entered into?

kewlmyc

Woops, messed it up. Fixed; it's Sophia's link.

Thank you.

So the battles take place in the real world? Neat....

Mentioned it in the other thread, but Sho is probably the "foolish human" that the Mysterious Entity mentioned working with. The one that hijacked Labrys in the P4 story side.

I wonder who will be the last character (one is usually a secret and announced later). Probably Margaret.

Squire

Banned
lol, I step away from the community thread for a minute and suddenly stuff starts getting announced.

I go to bed at 11 one night and shit hits the fan and gets good.

Are you fucking kidding me, Atlus? This is some emergency podcast type shit. It's 4AM, but the hype is palpable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom