• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
It's unusual for us to agree on something Arena related.

This is just the first step, Ron. Welcome to the fold.

You must be my shadow.

I'm liking his look :|

It could grow on me, I suppose. I'm not offended by it or anything, but I'm not impressed so far either. But it doesn't matter. I'm interested in how he plays and the type of person he is.

And again, stuff is finally happening. This rocks so hard.

Yeah, I like his design as well. Especially if he's supposed to be an insufferable jerk.

Oh, is that it? Seems they pulled that off then.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Aigis giving Yu a German Suplex is the best image ever.

kDYaANx.png

EMT0

Banned
Anyone else insanely optimistic like I am and thinks that each box represents an announcement? Persona 5, Persona 3 Platinum, and Persona 4 Climax?

I've got the feeling they're going to retcon
Shinji's death
being the canon route, announce a Persona 3 remake to fix discrepancies, and announce Persona 5 while they're at it. They've split Persona 3 into three movies, right?
Shinji probably isn't going to die in the first movie
. What better time to drop bombs? They can reveal Shinji as the final new character to the roster while they're at it, and Persona 5 because it's finally time.

I woke up at exactly the same time the news dropped. I woke up wide-eyed, stared at my ceiling, checked my phone, and saw the news. There's some creepy shit going on and I'm feeling psychic today.

Zukuu

Banned
Anyone else insanely optimistic like I am and thinks that each box represents an announcement? Persona 5, Persona 3 Platinum, and Persona 4 Climax?

I've got the feeling they're going to retcon
Shinji's death
being the canon route, announce a Persona 3 remake to fix discrepancies, and announce Persona 5 while they're at it. They've split Persona 3 into three movies, right?
Shinji probably isn't going to die in the first movie
. What better time to drop bombs? They can reveal Shinji as the final new character to the roster while they're at it, and Persona 5 because it's finally time.

I woke up at exactly the same time the news dropped. I woke up wide-eyed, stared at my ceiling, checked my phone, and saw the news. There's some creepy shit going on and I'm feeling psychic today.

That's some weird spoiler tagging. Next sentence you drop it anyway xD

I love Shinjiro. <3

I don't hope that's p5 protagonist. He looks way too cocky and young. Had hoped for at least 18+ish protagonists.

Dantis

Just going to point out that the two new pieces of Soejima art we've seen today validate this even further.

Because Arena's art is all very goofy.

Like I said before, I think Soejima was trying to either take it a different direction, or was specifically asked to take it that direction.

Also, Soul Hackers script and voice acting is better than I expected. Who voices Hitomi? She's dead on.

PK Gaming

Holy shit, I woke up to this incredible news. I'm indifferent to Sho's design, but i'm annoyed that he got in over a Persona character.

His eyes are nothing to do with that though, Narukami has the exact same eyes.

I do wonder if it's some kind of shadow Yu though or something. They share a lot in their designs.

... hmm. The trailer ends with Yu's shadow making an appearance so it might be possible. He also might be
Nyarlathotep himself, in human form.

Makoto Yuki better be in!

EDIT: Did Yu just get suplexed by Aigis

Holy shit, I woke up to this incredible news. I'm indifferent to Sho's design, but i'm annoyed that he got in over a Persona character.

The addition of a new original character means they can advance the story in an interesting way. Including more Persona characters just encloses it in my opinion.

PK Gaming

Huh

Looks like the tournament takes place a few days after the first one, and it's taking place in the real world (The P4 gang can use their Personas in the real world).

I wonder what kind of fucked up shit allowed that to happen.

EMT0

Banned
Huh

Looks like the tournament takes place a few days after the first one, and it's taking place in the real world (The P4 gang can use their Personas in the real world).

I wonder what kind of fucked up shit allowed that to happen.

Either plot hole or Evokers is my guess, and I'm hoping for Evokers, personally. I loved Persona 4, but bringing the cast gradually into the darker atmosphere of most of the other Persona games seems like the smart thing to do. If they plan to have a coherent overreaching story, that is.

Gamerloid

Sorry about my absence. Pretty excited for next week. It's something y'all can't guess.

As for that countdown clock. Countdown usually means something good, but sometimes they're used for things that really don't need one. The main one was The World Ends With You iOS which had a countdown making everyone think it was a sequel... sigh...

I see this will be 3 announcements most likely. I have no clue what the locations mean, but if we do get three announcements I'm guessing one is a tour or something...

That is the best subtitle for a game I've ever heard. Sho looks okay, but I'm a bit disappointed that he'll be taking up a slot that could be used for a series veteran. That countdown is mysterious too; I'm so happy that we have more stuff to discuss now!

Also, I enjoyed MGS4 more than TLoU, Dantis ;)

oh lawdy, so many things to react to.

Firstly those new combos in P4C look sicker than 14th century European peasant.

Still disappointing at Atlus's need to make every P3 character look like they came out of a Japanese Trope, there is absolutely no reason for Yukari to wear that costume that wouldn't be chalked up to comic relief...but comic relief can only go so far; when the same joke is stretched for the whole game it becomes Teddyous (see P4A's Teddy's story mode)

Not a fan of Sho's design, not persona-like enough, but then again it may be the pose, the poses they chose for those big fighting game character pinups are never very persona-like, and his design looked slightly better on the screen where all the characters were facing each other and he was in the middle.

Also why the hell does he get swords but not Junpei D=<

also also...no Ken :'(

And now to the most important news we got recently: the countdown

I know I'm a Junior 'round here and my opinion doesn't matter but: I TOLD YOU BITCHES OUR BEST BET WAS NOVEMBER HAHA. Never not not not doubt rumormongers, that's my motto.

Marche90

Man. Why do always the good stufff happens when I'm asleep!?
you don't have to answer. Japan

The following weeks are going to be gold in here.

Man seriously when did folks start going by first name basics?
Did ya social links rank the fuck up or what!!

I think he uses his name on the podcast, plus some of us use our real names on twitter, so there's that too.

I do as well. Nine weeks is too much to just go silent.

Three boxes, nine weeks.

Let's see what happens three weeks from now.

Or this Sunday.. If its three boxes to 9 weeks, I doubt the last box will be revealed the week the timer stops, I see three teasers and then the final thing to happen where the timer is.

Dantis

Or this Sunday.. If its three boxes to 9 weeks, I doubt the last box will be revealed the week the timer stops, I see three teasers and then the final thing to happen where the timer is.

I just checked, and it's actually eight weeks from Sunday.

So I guess it could be any time.

TIME TO BEGIN THE DAILY WEBSITE CHECK.

Caladrius

Atlus with countdowns poorly understood
Reserving Judgement
Jack Frost hype crash rescue force dispatched.
Sho is the obligatory manipulative
sexy
bastard most likely working for
Nyarlathotep.
Will be too busy playing Pokeman X and Y to be annoyed about countdown.

Also Persona 5 was never going to be revealed
Tuesday
. With this last damnable mention we may rest, never hearing that abominable utterance in the halls of this forum ever again.

Rejoice homepickles.

TIME TO BEGIN THE DAILY WEBSITE CHECK.

DAMMIT DANTIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom