• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasliquid

If I had to pick a game that was too "happy", it'd be Arena, but that gets a pass.

Yeah by the end the whole 'you can get over your intense mental scarring because we, the people you just met, are now your friends and friendship is the best thing ever'

Golden never bothered me as being overly cheery, I think its well written enough to be good escapism. The only two scenes that really detract are the cringe worthy band scene and the fan-service 2nd hot springs stuff.

Meia

Ol' Crawly loves to toy with its targets remember, it could just be doing this for kicks!

You should spoil that btw

If I had to guess at a reason, he wants
Yukari back there cause of REASONS, and it possibly weakening the Great Seal, freeing Makoto but heralding the Fall again. I still say the goals of 3 and 4's main villains line up too well with Nyarly's to be a coincidence.

Persona 3/4 can fuck off into space!

tumblr_m9719n21541rvj7o1o1_400.gif

Levito

Banned
pfft, i love how, you bring the dumb heart boobs and the hitler stuff, as if that is all that is in the game. A bit sad really.

Mad. :p

I didn't say that was all that's in the game, I was being snarky dude. I was saying that there's dumb shit in every entry of this series you can nitpick if you want.

BTW, I see it all over as a two way street, just blaming P2 fans, and saying they are the only ones who do it, is a fallacy. I like every game in the series, if you are saying I dont, then you would be wrong.

Never said that either, but in here at the very least the older fans have a tendency to lash out at the newer games moreso then the other party. Again, somehow a timer to potentially Persona 5 leads to "Golden sucks and here's why.."

Ol' Crawly loves to toy with its targets remember, it could just be doing this for kicks!

You should spoil that btw

He could but..... one would think he would come with something better than this fighting game tournament shit, it's just lame.
The God reincarnated Hitler and committed genocide on the entire human race can't come up with something better?
I'll just blame it on the writer I guess.

Lunar15

I didn't say that was all that's in the game, I was being snarky dude. I was saying that there's dumb shit in every entry of this series you can nitpick if you want.

Never said that either, but in here at the very least the older fans have a tendency to lash out at the newer games moreso then the other party. Again, somehow a timer to potentially Persona 5 leads to "Golden sucks and here's why.."

Didn't you get the GAF wide memo? Newer things suck compared to older things. It's pretty much a written rule at this point.

Moonlight

Banned
Man, twas pretty nice waking up to Ultimate Mega Superplex Hold Supreme and the announcement of the announcement of Persona 5.
That will be something else and destroy me forever.
Some fans weird me out with their aversion to misery in Persona. Christ, is there not enough of that in real life? You need your video games like that, too?
I strongly agree.

In other news, StrawberryCreme's channel went back up. Her cover of Never More and the P4 Hiimdaisy dubs are safe once again.

Sorry if I seems so hostile. Partly why I am so hostile, is because I see people act like what you posted, and the P1/2 vs 3/4 thing all over, I wish people could, on both sides, give the entire series a shot at least. I know that the audience and focus in 1/2 and 3/4 is pretty different, but still! As for your snark, the Pleeb thing should have really tipped me off!

The entire series is near and dear to me, I am even starting to enjoy Trinity Soul somewhat, so I wish everyone can enjoy the whole thing!

Meia

Sorry if I seems so hostile. Partly why I am so hostile, is because I see the P1/2 vs 3/4 thing all over, I wish people could, on both sides, give the entire series a shot at least. I know that the audience and focus in 1/2 and 3/4 is pretty different, but still!

Sorry if I seems so hostile. Partly why I am so hostile, is because I see people act like what you posted, and the P1/2 vs 3/4 thing all over, I wish people could, on both sides, give the entire series a shot at least. I know that the audience and focus in 1/2 and 3/4 is pretty different, but still! As for your snark, the Pleeb thing should have really tipped me off!

I don't see much of that here though, unless it's people who really love 1/2 bringing it up while people are talking about newer entries in the series. Hell, I played through 1 and IS BECAUSE 2 came highly recommended here.

It just sounded like a bunch of you entered the thread after seeing another thread saying stupid shit, vented, then people thought you were talking about them or something. It's almost like a malevolent entity or something is making you guys hear things that aren't being said to get you to fight..........

Levito

Banned

Inorigo is setting up a time, probably next friday, I hope you can make it. :)

We're also doing a surprise episode tomorrow night about the countdown if anyone wants in.

Didn't you get the GAF wide memo? Newer things suck compared to older things. It's pretty much a written rule at this point.

Superiority-seniority, it's most common in music by far. It's a mentality I've come to fucking loathe.

The entire series is near and dear to me, I am even starting to enjoy Trinity Soul somewhat, so I wish everyone can enjoy the whole thing!

We cool breh, let's hug it out.

There are shitheels on both sides as with most fandoms with a long history. I know exactly how you feel, there's an entire generation of gamers that say they're huge Fallout fans but they pretend Fallout 1 and 2 don't exist.(Fallout 2 being one of my favorite games ever)

The only reason I haven't started P2 is because I didn't enjoy the Vita until recently. That and it's a really huge time investment, it always takes me forever to finish a game these days. (unless I'm reviewing it)

Lunar15

Superiority-seniority, it's most common in music by far. It's a mentality I've come to fucking loathe.

From a psychology standpoint, it's fairly proven that we have a subconscious confirmation bias about past events. Our memories tend to hold on to more positive things and reject bad things.

Also, someone burnt some bread in the office today. I think it's a sign.

We're also doing a surprise episode tomorrow night about the countdown if anyone wants in.

I think I might like a slot in this, assuming things don't spring up last minute to fuck with my current lack of plans. I mean, we have talked about me joining in before, things just kept getting in the way then

edit - Okay it seems I might not be spared from the wrath of poor timed plans, we might be having guests stay over tomorrow night aka I wouldn't be able to join in fear of waking someone up late at night :/

I'll have to keep you posted as I get a solid yes or no on this though. I really do want in but it might have to be another time.

Levito

Banned
Aight scrafty, it's a date--8PM PST tomorrow.

As for stream... Hmm maybe, we'll see.

I think I might like a slot in this, assuming things don't spring up last minute to fuck with my current lack of plans. I mean, we have talked about me joining in before, things just kept getting in the way then

edit - Okay it seems I might not be spared from the wrath of poor timed plans, we might be having guests stay over tomorrow night aka I wouldn't be able to join in fear of waking someone up late at night :/

I'll have to keep you posted as I get a solid yes or no on this though. I really do want in but it might have to be another time.

Ok well let me know, right now we're already at 5 people, but I'll see if we can negotiate a spot for you should it work out because you've yet to be on.

Aight scrafty, it's a date--8PM PST tomorrow.

As for stream... Hmm maybe, we'll see.

Ok well let me know, right now we're already at 5 people, but I'll see if we can negotiate a spot for you should it work out because you've yet to be on.

Alright, I'll throw a tweet your way whenever I find out. Worst case scenario, I'll jump in another time instead :)

Levito

Banned
Think the only thing that makes me believe the countdown isn't Persona 5 is the fact that they have various cities at the bottom. Sounds like a concert tour or something.

Lunar15

Think the only thing that make me believe the countdown isn't Persona 5 is the fact that they have various cities at the bottom. Sounds like a concert tour or something.

Yes, that's my takeaway. Also notice that it's not actually a countdown. The site could be updated leading up to this event which takes place on November 24th. Nothing says that's when the site will get updated. That to me makes it sound as if it's a one day event. (most likely some kind of concert or arcade unveiling or something)

kewlmyc

Think the only thing that makes me believe the countdown isn't Persona 5 is the fact that they have various cities at the bottom. Sounds like a concert tour or something.

Exactly. It was the first thing I noticed. Then someone mentioned that it's the day after the P3 movie release. They're probably announcing some sort of event.

It's possible that P5 could be announced at one of these events.

Squire

Banned
Interesting point, why in the fuck list multiple cities then though?

Maybe this.

3 boxes -> 3 games, Atlus said they've lots of announcement soon a while back

cities -> are where they're holding events for public exhibition of said announcements, possibly tied in with P3 movie opening. They're revealing this two months earlier to start taking reserves or something soon.

the games will be announced much earlier through other means. The 3 games are probably P5, P3 port, P4U2 home console ver, persona games only here obviously.

Moonlight

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom