• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
4TnmvIY.jpgp

kewlmyc

I made that observation earlier. Same eyes. His hair's the same length too. Exact same build.

I hope this isn't true. Shadows are fine, but if we start gong into "Evil/Anti _____" territory, I'm going to be disappointing.

P4 endgame spoilers
Adachi is pretty much already Anti Yu anyway.

They might announce one more, if the character select screen is to be believed.

Probably Margaret, but the people that even remotely know me know what character I want.

Dantis

I hope this isn't true. Shadows are fine, but if we start gong into "Evil/Anti _____" territory, I'm going to be disappointing.

P4 endgame spoilers
Adachi is pretty much already Anti Yu anyway.

I do half wonder if it will be a Persona 1 style thing.

Which would be neat, actually.

You shut your dirty mouth!

Also, he looks like some kind of evil Yu.

I was thinking this too.

I made that observation earlier. Same eyes. His hair's the same length too. Exact same build.

I don't think he will be an Evil Yu. Not saying it isn't a Yu 'something', just not an Evil one. I see no reason for the X scar and Red hair if that's what they were going for.
maybe Yu from alternative universe :p
He does look like him a wee bit though.

FluxWaveZ

I didn't see it at first, but people mentioning a resemblance between Sho and Yu are kinda right. Don't know how I feel about that if it actually holds true that they share some kind of bond since there's already a Shadow Yu.

Sho is a Yu from an alternate dimension where he failed to save the victims of the Inaba kidnappings.

I do half wonder if it will be a Persona 1 style thing.

Which would be neat, actually.

Space/time distortion shit going on is totally Persona 1. It's crazy, too, since it can lead to things going absolutely nuts.

I prefer the initial setting for P4A2 here than the generic tournament setting of the first game.

kewlmyc

I didn't see it at first, but people mentioning a resemblance between Sho and Yu are kinda right. Don't know how I feel about that if it actually holds true that they share some kind of bond since there's already a Shadow Yu.

Sho is a Yu from an alternate dimension where he failed to save the victims of the Inaba kidnappings.

That sounds like something straight out of a fanfiction.

It's perfect for P4A.

Dantis

If it turns out that Sho is a time-warped Daidara (As someone suggested in the other topic), that will be fucking hilarious.

Maybe the story in this one will actually be worth my time.

EDIT: Just checked in my artbook, and Daidara has red eyes.

The dream is dead. The story is no longer possibly worth my time.

kewlmyc

If it turns out that Sho is a time-warped Daidara (As someone suggested in the other topic), that will be fucking hilarious.

Maybe the story in this one will actually be worth my time.

The red hair and X scar across the face makes this plausible. It better make sense story wise though. Daidara seems like a random ass character to make young again and put in a fighting game. That would be pretty far reaching just for a new character.

Caladrius

Can't unsee

I don't think he will be an Evil Yu. Not saying it isn't a Yu 'something', just not an Evil one. I see no reason for the X scar and Red hair if that's what they were going for.
maybe Yu from alternative universe :p
He does look like him a wee bit though.

I'm of the early opinion that he might be
an artificial human like the Velvet room attendants, only molded by Nyarlathotep.
1. He looks crazy 2. The only people we've seen in P4 onward without matching eye and hair colors are
supernatural
or dyed their hair. Of course that second explanation is too absurd.

PS. When X/Y come out I will change to a pink haired Sho for no reason.

Squire

Banned
Therefore making it pointless to buy P3P since it'll be inferior in every way. Not really a bad thing, but it's true. It's just how rerelease work. Not trying to sound negative or anything, so sorry if I'm being a negative nancy. If they do make another P3, bring back fusion spells and use of any weapon.

I mean, sure. It's true, but it's not the motive for wanting a new version. Your phrasing was weird.

kewlmyc

I just want him to be a Iwatodai student that got too far into something he shouldn't have and now is a pawn for Mysterious Entity. None of this android or alternate universe stuff.

Squire

Banned
I just want him to be a Iwatodai student that got too far into something he shouldn't have and now is a pawn for Mysterious Entity. None of this android or alternate universe stuff.

We've come quite a ways into the depths of madness to start asking to make more grounded moves with this story, haha.

cjkeats

Heh.

People really need to face the reality that it will 100% be a PS3 game. (360 is a possibility as well)

But it's not "100%", unless you have a source for that other than your own speculation.

Until they stick a platform logo out there under a big P5 logo, the platform will be a mystery.
YhcUaYG.gif

Dantis

We've come quite a ways into the depths of madness to start asking to make more grounded moves with this story, haha.

Similar to Soejima, I think the team has fully embraced a more wacky side for Arena 2. It feels like they've kind of said "The gloves are off, let's go mad.".

And if that's the case, good for them. I felt like Arena 1 kind of pussy-footed around the fact that it was in fact very silly (Even compared to the often silly main games).

Squire

Banned
Similar to Soejima, I think the team has fully embraced a more wacky side for Arena 2. It feels like they've kind of said "The gloves are off, let's go mad.".

And if that's the case, good for them. I felt like Arena 1 kind of pussy-footed around the fact that it was in fact very silly (Even compared to the often silly main games).

Yeah, exactly. Arena was clearly in the spirit of fun, first and foremost so it only makes sense that the sequel ups the ante.

Lunar15

I think when your subtitle is "Ultra Suplex Hold", you've not only taken the gloves off, but also lit them on fire and thrown them out the window.

Sophia

Yeah, exactly. Arena was clearly in the spirit of fun, first and foremost so it only makes sense that the sequel ups the ante.

The story will probably be pretty serious (all of Inaba is fucked up!), but I imagine there will be a lot of silly moments.

Someone needs to find out if Aigis can pull off that Suplex mid game....

Squire

Banned
I think when your subtitle is "Ultra Suplex Hold", you've not only taken the gloves off, but also lit them on fire and thrown them out the window.

Hey, that's Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold.

So really it's more like they're running around their bedroom naked.

Dantis

Yup. And when the title illustration is of the main character being suplexed.

The story will probably be pretty serious (all of Inaba is fucked up!), but I imagine there will be a lot of silly moments.

Someone needs to find out if Aigis can pull off that Suplex mid game....

Even if it's serious, it won't be grounded, though. It doesn't have to be comedic to be off-the-wall, and I think it is absolutely going to be off-the-wall.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Your illogical assumptions make me feel giddy. :D

But it's not "100%", unless you have a source for that other than your own speculation.

Until they stick a platform logo out there under a big P5 logo, the platform will be a mystery.
YhcUaYG.gif

I am willing to avatar bet that it will.

TF2 is amazing, shush you.

Was. WAS good. Then the hats came in and ruined everything.

EMT0

Banned
I guess I'm the only one who thinks that Sho might be Minato/Makoto's Shadow, undergone Teddiefication thanks to Nyarl, am I?

We'll know for sure if he's a notorious womanizer, cares for nobody, and is incredibly outgoing.

Squire

Banned
P-studio shouldn't have anything to do with the P3 movies right? Production side I mean.

Nope. As posted, Tamanon linked the P3 film site and there's no P-Studio logo.

Everything that we know about officially like the movie and P4A2 has it's own site. If this isn't P5, it's a new game at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom