• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
This is the key point, I guess.

If one of those fills in with P4A2, I will get mega hyped.

I think something will happen on the site regardless, too. Two months is far too long to hold interest. It's just not necessary if they really don't plan to do anything.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
YhcUaYG.gif

EDIT: If you click the names of the cites they wiggle.

The boxes wiggle like Jell-O too.

kewlmyc

I think something will happen on the site regardless, too. Two months is far too long to hold interest. It's just not necessary if they really don't plan to do anything.

3 announcements would be cool, but please don't let one be yet another P3 port.

Squire

Banned
3 announcements would be cool, but please don't let one be yet another P3 port.

Here 'a what I said about that in the teaser thread:

Another P3 port?

Inorigo said:
Yes. It makes as much sense as Disney releasing licensed tie-in games. It's easy money.

Aside from that, there really isn't a definitive version of P3. FES is close, but it's missing the female route and system changes in P3P. P3P's presentation is severely neutered and the original game already wasn't a cinematic stunner or anything, so you really felt that you were missing something. (At least I did.)

All that is a pretty good argument to do one more version of P3, I think.

Dantis

Yes. It makes as much sense as Disney releasing licensed tie-in games. It's easy money.

Aside from that, there really isn't a definitive version of P3. FES is close, but it's missing the female route and system changes in P3P. P3P's presentation is severely neutered and the original game already wasn't a cinematic stunner or anything, so you really felt that you were missing something. (At least I did.)

All that is a pretty good argument to do one more version of P3, I think.

I'm just going to add onto this that Hashino has been explicit that he didn't like the concessions they had to make for Portable.

I think a final P3 port is completely possible. And I'd buy it fucking day 1.

Squire

Banned
I'm just going to add onto this that Hashino has been explicit that he didn't like the concessions they had to make for Portable.

I think a final P3 port is completely possible. And I'd buy it fucking day 1.

Completely agreed. I've honestly figured it was in the works alongside P5 ever since the movie series entered the conversation.

kewlmyc

Seems like I'd be in the minority for not wanting another P3 port. P3 is one of my favorite games, but I just want them to move on already.

Feels weird that the main reason you guys want a P3 rerelease is to render the other versions of the game obsolete.

Squire

Banned
Wait....

3 announcements.... Just like 3 announcements from Valve this week.

Valve bought Atlus.

BYNy9F8.gif

"Valve X Atlus reveal Persona 5 as the Japanese release of Half-Life 3. Social links with Dr. Breen and Alyx Vance will be featured."

Seems like I'd be in the minority for not wanting another P3 port. P3 is one of my favorite games, but I just want them to move on already.

Feels weird that the main reason you guys want a P3 rerelease is to render the other versions of the game obsolete.

Not sure how you're interpreting it that way.

We want a version of the game that's definitive and includes all the available content in one package. As it stands, P3 is a fractured experience. You had to buy it at least twice to experience all of it. That sucked for the people who did so and it's the same for newcomers. It's not about making previous editions worthless, but putting everything together.

Levito

Banned

I just think it would be nice having a "Platinum" version of the game where everything good about FES and everything good about P3P were in one game. Right now it's fragmented.

For the record, I think the whole P3: Platinum or w/e is reaching even moreso than P5.

PK Gaming

Inorigo is setting up a time, probably next friday, I hope you can make it. :)

We're also doing a surprise episode tomorrow night about the countdown if anyone wants in.

I can definitely make it!

In other news, this is my 5000th Neogaf post.

tumblr_inline_mtc87n9MZg1qdyshm.png

The upside to P3 being remade is that it would make it easier to interview the P3 actors!

Dantis

Thoughts on Soul Hackers so far:

Battle system is better than P1 and P2.
Characters are better than P1, worse than P2.
Voice acting is overall decent and sometimes great. Hitomi and Spooky are the best characters I've encountered so far.
Visuals are terrible.
Dungeons are uninteresting, but fast paced enough that it's enjoyable, like P1.

Overall enjoying it, but demon negotiation is completely bringing it down. It's the stupidest mechanic ever. Hate it. Suddenly the reason I enjoyed DDS over Nocturne is coming back to me.

Is it genuinely random in this game? There seems to be nothing to it.

Thoughts on Soul Hackers so far:

Battle system is better than P1 and P2.
Characters are better than P1, worse than P2.
Voice acting is overall decent and sometimes great. Hitomi and Spooky are the best characters I've encountered so far.
Visuals are terrible.
Dungeons are uninteresting, but fast paced enough that it's enjoyable, like P1.

Overall enjoying it, but demon negotiation is completely bringing it down. It's the stupidest mechanic ever. Hate it. Suddenly the reason I enjoyed DDS over Nocturne is coming back to me.

Is it genuinely random in this game? There seems to be nothing to it.

I think it was luck stat based, I maybe misremembering, and I didnt have trouble with it at all. I thought it was the general opinion that demon negotiation was the best its been in the series in soul hackers.

Dantis

I think it was luck stat based, I maybe misremembering, and I didnt have trouble with it at all. I thought it was the general opinion that demon negotiation was the best its been in the series in soul hackers.

It's best in Persona 1 and 2 because I can bring up a guide and completely break the system, thereby rendering it void.

kewlmyc

"Valve X Atlus reveal Persona 5 as the Japanese release of Half-Life 3. Social links with Dr. Breen and Alyx Vance will be featured."

Not sure how you're interpreting it that way.

We want a version of the game that's definitive and includes all the available content in one package. As it stands, P3 is a fractured experience. You had to buy it at least twice to experience all of it. That sucked for the people who did so and it's the same for newcomers. It's not about making previous editions worthless, but putting everything together.

Therefore making it pointless to buy P3P since it'll be inferior in every way. Not really a bad thing, but it's true. It's just how rerelease work. Not trying to sound negative or anything, so sorry if I'm being a negative nancy. If they do make another P3, bring back fusion spells and use of any weapon.

The more I look at him, the more I like his design.

I really like the dual wielding and red hair.

He dual-wields swords, which is my favourite fighting style ever. I'll probably end up maining him alongside Junpei for that reason alone.

<-----Former Kenjutsu/Iaido practitioner
Aren't you Mr. Badass? Was it fun? I want to learn swordplay.

Aren't you Mr. Badass? Was it fun? I want to learn swordplay.

It's fun, but there are so many stances, forms and technicalities that each session can get quite draining. I'd suggest starting with tameshigiri first, as it's a lot more simplified and you get to cut stuff up with less bullcrap in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom