• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
4TnmvIY.jpgp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYkLzHzMjok

Ran-ran-ru.

PK Gaming

I hope this isn't true. Shadows are fine, but if we start gong into "Evil/Anti _____" territory, I'm going to be disappointing.

P4 endgame spoilers
Adachi is pretty much already Anti Yu anyway.

Probably Margaret, but the people that even remotely know me know what character I want.

Adachi is anti-Yu sure, but he clearly has his own shadow. I'm still interested in Yu having his own bonafied shadow, and if that guy ends up being his shadow, I wouldn't mind it. That said, I think it's highly unlikely that Sho will end up being Yu's shadow, it doesn't seem plausible.

Levito

Banned
In that case, this will be the time where the internet will burn if it's not P5.

Seriously though, this better be fucking it. I'm so tired of every speculation thread being a platform war.

Levito

Banned
In all seriousness, I'm not a huge downer irl, just mostly when it comes to Persona stuff. My hype meter is broken.

Know what you mean, so many let downs, so many -inside sources-, all horseshit.

A well, sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't--way she goes, bud.

Squire

Banned
Know what you mean, so many let downs, so many -inside sources-, all horseshit.

A well, sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't--way she goes, bud.

Except, no it wasn't? You've heard before: the acquisition changed plans on multiple occasions. That doesn't make insiders liars or indicate that they never knew what they were saying.

Last we heard: November
Where we're at now: Teaser site that ends in November.

I don't think it was ever horseshit.

Soriku

if what miladesn said is true...

3 boxes -> 3 games, Atlus said they've lots of announcement soon a while back

cities -> are where they're holding events for public exhibition of said announcements, possibly tied in with P3 movie opening. They're revealing this two months earlier to start taking reserves or something soon.

the games will be announced much earlier through other means. The 3 games are probably P5, P3 port, P4U2 home console ver, persona games only here obviously.

WHEN IS THE NEXT FAMITSU

Levito

Banned

Figured you'd pick up on that. <3

Last we heard: November
Where we're at now: Teaser site that ends in November.

And TGS, and Persona Music Fest, and the month of August, and E3.

All of it has just been speculation, people can claim it's because of the acquisition all they want but until Atlus themselves comes out and confirms it, there's no reason to believe that. They still released SMT IV and Dragon's Crown despite the civil rehabilitation, and Suplex was announced.

Squire

Banned

All of it has just been speculation, people can claim it's because of the acquisition all they want but until Atlus themselves comes out and confirms it, there's no reason to believe that. They still released SMT IV and Dragon's Crown despite the civil rehabilitation, and Suplex was announced.

I don't agree, but I'll drop it. You're not listening to what I'm saying anyway; It's fine. I know it's valid, but some just won't accept it and that's fine, too. It's their prerogative.

Soriku

The only people who thought P5 would be announced at E3/TGS/Persona music event are crazy people lol. E3 is just stupid since Atlus announcements are primarily Japanese announcements at first, even if Persona is popular over here (and to add some were expecting a PS4 exclusive announcement or something). That and Atlus never announces stuff at big game events. You can apply the same to TGS. An announcement at the concert was just wishful thinking; I don't think anybody really expected something from that.

The game could've been announced last month if nothing was happening with the Index situation, but at best we were expecting an announcement before the end of the year and we'll probably get it.

Rhapsody

Banned
So if P5 does get revealed by November, I guess my prediction was off. Good to be proven wrong if that's the case.
Also nice to see how quick they were to start building hype after the auction.

Levito

Banned
I don't agree, but I'll drop it. You're not listening to what I'm saying anyway; It's fine. I know it's valid, but some just won't accept it and that's fine, too. It's their prerogative.

I'm listening, I wasn't meaning to insult you breh. My original post was addressing I understood where kewlmyc was coming from. It's hard not to be a cynic at this point, so far there's been far too much fucking blue balls and false promises and not enough Persona's getting announced.

I do believe this is it, looking at all the evidence like the domain registry and the dominant color of the page(red) seems to suggest that. (what I mean by the red comment is I think if it were blue or yellow it'd be P3/4 related, but I think red will be P5's color)

But hey, there's always the chance it could be bunk too. Halo 3 has an entry in the Steam registry and that never happened. (Not joking, it does)

Squire

Banned
I'm listening, I wasn't meaning to insult you breh. My original post was addressing I understood where kewlmyc was coming from. It's hard not to be a cynic at this point, so far there's been far too much fucking blue balls and false promises and not enough Persona's getting announced.

I do believe this is it, looking at all the evidence like the domain registry and the dominant color of the page(red) seems to suggest that. (what I mean by the red comment is I think if it were blue or yellow it'd be P3/4 related, but I think red will be P5's color)

But hey, there's always the chance it could be bunk too. Halo 3 has an entry in the Steam registry and that never happened. (Not joking, it does)

S'all good, s'all good.

Caladrius

It's entirely possible they'll make a PC port once they phase out the 360 and shut down Hell GFWL.

We should all be cautiously optimistic until given good reason to be otherwise.

Caladrius

I still can't fathom why a game from 2007 would be ported to PC without GFWL, but the developer that's apparently doing it acts very mysterious about it still.

It has a decent chance of printing some money if it's at least slightly competent.
I'd eat that shit right up even if it wasn't.
I didn't think they had outsourced it.

Persona: Chaos Hunters is a gonna be a terrible Persona-themed Monster Hunter clone exclusively for the Vita. It's a spin-off/continuation of the Arena storyline where players take the role of shadow investigation operatives journeying inside the TV-verse.

Soriku

I just realized that October 8 is a Tuesday, and that's also my birthday. P5 will definitely be announced in Famitsu then. Believe.

Squire

Banned
So, just a thought, but if we're still thinking the internet will be a big focus in P5, "Midnight Stream" could totally work as a continuation of the Dark Hour/Midnight Channel concept.

kewlmyc

It's not even being blue balled. Not really hyped about the movie since they're most likely only animating the spring portion of P3 (hence the name and why Aigis isn't listed in the VA section). The spring portion of the game is super dry story wise. Not much to look forward to there. In regard to the announcement, I never get excited about an announcement to an announcement. Countdowns annoy me since people sometimes blow it out of proportion (ie Valve countdowns) and countdowns ruin the element of surprise. When P5 does get released, I'll be super excite and be filled with positive thinking, but until then, getting hype over an announcement to an announcement seems pointless.

Now with that negative spill over, here is a cute picture.
S2TeY4d.png

ArcSys has unnannounce English release info on both P4A2 and GG Xrd, yet they pull this? Well played.

Necrovex

So this is a thing, and it is awesome. (Beware Persona 4 spoilers!)

The remix itself is pretty good I guess, but my god, those pictures. My favourite anime crossed with one of my favourite game series? Yes please.

I forgot how much I loved the OST from Gurren Lagann. I wished Netflix would put the show back on their service (and not exclude a PIVOTAL episode).

At least Netflix added my other favorite anime, Welcome to the NHK.

I forgot how much I loved the OST from Gurren Lagann. I wished Netflix would put the show back on their service (and not exclude a PIVOTAL episode).

At least Netflix added my other favorite anime, Welcome to the NHK.

The entire show used to be up on Aniplex US's YouTube account, but it got taken down for some reason :(

And yeah, Gurren Lagann's OST is epic. I have the Best Sound complete 2-disc album, and my dream is to get it signed by all of the cast of the English dub :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom