• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
She deserves another shit...?

Shot, damn it

tumblr_inline_mhm7bp8VOc1roj9wu.gif

Jintor

I love Shadow Chie. Chie always looks so innocent comparatively, so the idea you can twist the personality so visually just by changing the facial expression and giving her these unnerving yellow eyes is amazing. (Yosuke always looks like a bit of a toolbag so it's not as effective with him... sorry bro)

I hope we get to see shadow Kanji,teddie and Yukiko soon. The shadow portraits have been great so far. Weepy Naoto da bess.

We've seen Shadow Kanji's portrait, and it's his kissy face. I really hope he has the voice too, 'cause that would be god-tier. Shadow Teddie had better have the creepy eyes and voice as well...

FluxWaveZ

We've seen Shadow Kanji's portrait, and it's his kissy face. I really hope he has the voice too, 'cause that would be god-tier. Shadow Teddie had better have the creepy eyes and voice as well...

iCxoHXyXf43pE.gif

Only Shadows we haven't seen at all so far are: "Shadow" Labrys (still wondering if that even exists, but apparently it does), Shadow Teddie, Shadow Akihiko and Shadow Yukiko.

It was said during the first loketest that Shadow Kanji had his distinctive effeminately flamboyant voice. Hope that's true, since each Shadow having a distinct voice would add so much. Also, apparently Shadows have their own intros and Shadow Yukiko was described as a "total bitch" in Omex's info translation.

Squire

Banned
You know, I bet they either already have recording scheduled for the English version or they are already doing it.

They do this stuff waaaaaaay in advance.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I love Shadow Chie. Chie always looks so innocent comparatively, so the idea you can twist the personality so visually just by changing the facial expression and giving her these unnerving yellow eyes is amazing. (Yosuke always looks like a bit of a toolbag so it's not as effective with him... sorry bro)

Youske is a toolbag so it fits.

PK Gaming

It's not just the eyes man. Her entire face contorts into something straight out of a freaky horror flick.

From this
tumblr_lwzx3zODAJ1qdwsn0.png

To this
tumblr_lwzx6xw1Cw1qdwsn0.png

I love it

Rhapsody

Banned
Reading the Atlus teaser thread on GAF, there are so many mobile/iOS jokes. People could really use some more original jokes on there.

dkoy

hmmmm I can't find Junpei's evoker on his character portrait. anyone see it?

Also I put in my copy of P4A for the first time today and I realize i really really suck at fighting games :(

hmmmm I can't find Junpei's evoker on his character portrait. anyone see it?

Also I put in my copy of P4A for the first time today and I realize i really really suck at fighting games :(

Must be tucked into the back of his trousers or he doesn't keep it on him.

I started playing mine 2 weeks ago(?) and I was in the same situation, though it's just Arc games I suck at.

kewlmyc

iCxoHXyXf43pE.gif

Only Shadows we haven't seen at all so far are: "Shadow" Labrys (still wondering if that even exists, but apparently it does), Shadow Teddie, Shadow Akihiko and Shadow Yukiko.

It was said during the first loketest that Shadow Kanji had his distinctive effeminately flamboyant voice. Hope that's true, since each Shadow having a distinct voice would add so much. Also, apparently Shadows have their own intros and Shadow Yukiko was described as a "total bitch" in Omex's info translation.

Well shit. Unless Makoto gets announced, it looks like I'll be maining Shadow Kanji. Or Junpei.

Meia

So so happy with the shadow portraits when they do a major move. Chie's always was a little more unnerving because it's close enough to the original, but warped *just* enough to fuck with your head.

Yeah, now we just have to hope they have the shadow voices as well. Still the thing I'm looking forward to most? Shadows of the P3 cast, ESPECIALLY Junpei's since he's wearing *that* necklace. :D

Anyone else hope that these Shadows refer to their Persona's as "Reverse Persona's?" That would make me giddy inside, hah.

I think the story needs to not follow every character on their own path, but have groups, that jump from character to character. This is hypothetical but here:

Investigation Team Group A: Lets say, Yu, Yukiko, Kanji, Teddie.
Investigation Team Group B: Chie, Yosuke, Naoto.
Shadow Operatives: Mitsuru, Akihiko, Aigis
Shadow Operatives Rescue Team: Labrys, Yukari, Junpei
Elizabeth's Wild Adventure: Elizabeth
Team Evil: "Shadow Labrys", Sho (Dunno if he is actually evil), Shadow characters.

Rhapsody

Banned
That Kanji gif :[

Don't make me not want to play the game before it even comes out.
I think the story needs to not follow every character on their own path, but have groups, that jump from character to character. This is hypothetical but here:

Investigation Team Group A: Lets say, Yu, Yukiko, Kanji, Teddie.
Investigation Team Group B: Chie, Yosuke, Naoto.
Shadow Operatives: Mitsuru, Akihiko, Aigis
Shadow Operatives Rescue Team: Labrys, Yukari, Junpei
Elizabeth's Wild Adventure: Elizabeth
Team Evil: "Shadow Labrys", Sho (Dunno if he is actually evil), Shadow characters.
I hope they do that. The new BB game's even going to do that same idea. I honestly wouldn't have minded individual paths if they were all canon or something in P4A.

FluxWaveZ

That Kanji gif :[

Don't make me not want to play the game before it even comes out.

What's wrong with that Kanji gif?

It's something that Kanjis could probably do now, if they were fooling around, with 150 SP meter and it's something all Shadow characters will basically be able to do (like Shadow Chie, during her Shadow Fury or whatever, throwing out 3 Agneyastra supers that throw a bunch of meteors in front and in back of the opponent at the same time).

Rhapsody

Banned
What's wrong with that Kanji gif?

It's something that Kanjis could probably do now, if they were fooling around, with 150 SP meter and it's something all Shadow characters will basically be able to do (like Shadow Chie, during her Shadow Fury or whatever, throwing out 3 Agneyastra supers that throw a bunch of meteors in front and in back of the opponent).
I'm already terrified of Kanji and his grabs. His grabs and DP absolutely make me a deer in the headlights already in P4A.
Shadow version's Burst is going to make me freak out more than I really should when I face him. lol

Gamerloid

I hope you can change outfits to their shadow's clothing. Yosuke and Chie would be the same, but the others would be cool.
Yukiko: Princess
Kanji: Towel
Rise: Stripper
Naoto: Scientist

I hope you can change outfits to their shadow's clothing. Yosuke and Chie would be the same, but the others would be cool.
Yukiko: Princess
Kanji: Towel
Rise: Stripper
Naoto: Scientist

that will never happen, that takes WAY more work and cause balancing nightmares in 2d sprite based fighting games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom