• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

I hope you can change outfits to their shadow's clothing. Yosuke and Chie would be the same, but the others would be cool.
Yukiko: Princess
Kanji: Towel
Rise: Stripper
Naoto: Scientist

Yeah, that's not happening. Best you can hope for is those outfits appearing in their intro or match win sequences, like Shadow Kanji's does.

The more I think about it the more I think that he will not be evil.

I hope he is so that I can main him.

Yl0LWILm.jpg

He won't be traditionally "good", at least.

Meia

I can see him in a "puppet" bad guy role, aka he doesn't quite know what he's doing is bad, or how bad. Definitely just strikes me as a jerk, which is fine.

I don't think you put him in that position between the casts if he's not somewhat of an antagonist though, and we know the game needs them.

kewlmyc

I hope you can change outfits to their shadow's clothing. Yosuke and Chie would be the same, but the others would be cool.
Yukiko: Princess
Kanji: Towel
Rise: Stripper
Naoto: Scientist

This games uses sprites. Changing costumes would mean having to recreate an entire sprite. Too time consuming for something that would be purely cosmetic.

kewlmyc

The more I think about it the more I think that he will not be evil.

Just look at him. All of his promotional material has him either with a evil looking smirk or or glare. He's either a villain or an anti-hero. Plus with Shadow Labrys gone, we need a new playable bad guy.

I can see him in a "puppet" bad guy role, aka he doesn't quite know what he's doing is bad, or how bad. Definitely just strikes me as a jerk, which is fine.

I can see this happening!

Just look at him. All of his promotional material has him either with a evil looking smirk or or glare. He's either a villain or an anti-hero. Plus with Shadow Labrys gone, we need a new playable bad guy.

Whaa? I don't see it as an evil looking smirk. It looks pretty similar to Yosukes in the promo art. Nothing screams 'Bad Guy' to me, but, nothing screams out 'Good Guy' either..

FluxWaveZ

Whaa? I don't see it as an evil looking smirk. It looks pretty similar to Yosukes in the promo art. Nothing screams 'Bad Guy' to me, but, nothing screams out 'Good Guy' either..

Reasons people are leaning towards antagonist:

• His appearance. Prominent scars is a design choice not usually given to outright protagonists. He has shockingly red hair, an inherently "evil" color, which potentially implies a connection between the red mist appearing in Inaba.
  • His promotional art. Aside from his main one which doesn't really have an antagonistic penchant, the two others that consist of him holding his hand in front of his face and looking directly at the viewer as well as the other with him generally looking "bad."
  • He could have been very much related to the events of P4A as either the Eerie Voice or the Malevolent Entity, or an affiliate.
  • The announcer in the trailer basically refers to him as someone who mocks everyone else and doesn't give an eff about anything, which doesn't sound like a good guy thing.

Reasons people are leaning towards antagonist:

• His appearance. Prominent scars is a design choice not usually given to outright protagonists. He has shockingly red hair, an inherently "evil" color, which potentially implies a connection between the red mist appearing in Inaba.
  • His promotional art. Aside from his main one which doesn't really have an antagonistic penchant, the two others that consist of him holding his hand in front of his face and looking directly at the viewer as well as the other with him generally looking "bad."
  • He could have been very much related to the events of P4A as either the Eerie Voice or the Malevolent Entity, or an affiliate.
  • The announcer in the trailer basically refers to him as someone who mocks everyone else and doesn't give an eff about anything, which doesn't sound like a good guy thing.

X shaped scar on face
[in anime anyway]
are normally only on the good guys. *EDIT- Obviously this means nothing though.

The red hair I agree with though. Whats the hand on face one? I don't think I've seen that.

Tamanon

Banned
X shaped scar on face
[in anime anyway]
are normally only on the good guys.

The red hair I agree with though. Whats the hand on face one? I don't think I've seen that.

I dunno if I would classify Scar from FMA as a good guy.

My guess, android receptacle for the remnants of Death/Thanatos/P3MC.

Really?

And this one:
Yl0LWILm.jpg

There have only been three shots of him so far.

Ah, I haven't seen that. Is there not art of Yu in a similar pose? I might be thinking of him pushing his glasses up actually.

I dunno if I would classify Scar from FMA as a good guy.

Scar by the end, had developed into a bit of an Antihero.

I thought it was usually half and half though.

Half good, half bad? That's klinda what I meant. Bad phrasing on my behalf. Sort of Antihero status.

Meia

I liked Arena's story, but I think you may be applying too much thought into "This guy looks like such a bad guy he can't possibly be a bad guy!" idea. It's kind of exactly what I'd expect at this point.

I think it was said that the "villains" of Arena were two different beings, or at least that was the impression I got
(with one of them only really coming up in Labrys's story to get things rolling, as it were)
, so it would make sense that "Brand new character that nobody's ever heard of = one of them.

I am still of the camp that he looks way too much like Yu to be a coincidence though. Then again, thinking too much probably.

FluxWaveZ

Hm, couple of reports have said that Elizabeth's theme is now Wiping All Out, though dunno if I should believe that. Can't think of much else but one unlikely reason as to why they'd change her theme from The Battle of Everyone's Souls to that.

kewlmyc

Hm, couple of reports have said that Elizabeth's theme is now Wiping All Out, though dunno if I should believe that. Can't think of much else but one unlikely reason as to why they'd change her theme from The Battle of Everyone's Souls to that.
If that's true, it better be a remix.

Dantis

Keep in mind that the first game had Best Friends for someone's theme. Even if it's true, it could be temporary.

I hope there's a new OST though. And a better one. The first game's music was very disappointing.

If that's true, it better be a remix.

I actually hope for more remixes. First game didn't have enough, and I didn't like the Reach remix very much.

FluxWaveZ

Keep in mind that the first game had Best Friends for someone's theme. Even if it's true, it could be temporary.

I hope there's a new OST though. And a better one. The first game's music was very disappointing.

Source? I don't recall that at all. From what I remember of location tests of the original game, all of the themes had been kept intact for the final release.

It could be temporary, but if it was then they would have not changed it at all in the first place.

Dantis

Source? I don't recall that at all. From what I remember of location tests of the original game, all of the themes had been kept intact for the final release.

I don't have the video at hand, obviously, haha.

Before release, people were calling it the Piano Stage Theme. So presumably it was a video of the piano stage.

FluxWaveZ

I don't have the video at hand, obviously, haha.

Before release, people were calling it the Piano Stage Theme. So presumably it was a video of the piano stage.

I do remember some confusion of people thinking that there were individual stage themes in addition to character themes, but I also remember that info being too vague to take into account.

Edit: Actually, going through old comments of mine regarding P4A almost 2 years ago, apparently the P3 vs P3 mirror MU theme during the arcade version's first release was Heartful Cry. I feel compelled to not believe myself since I'm not sure how that would have worked out with Aigis, but yeah.

Maybe a boss person or version will have it! Btw they need to add way more unlockable songs to battle to!

Squire

Banned

I actually hope for more remixes. First game didn't have enough, and I didn't like the Reach remix very much.

Is it me or are you actually giving this one a chance instead of just writing it off?

Necrovex

I think Dantis mostly just wants more Persona music to listen to lol

I would wait an extra year for a Persona 5 announcement if it meant an original album for Meguro.

I also finally watch the first Gurren Lagann film. So bloody amazing! I cannot wait to watch the second one tomorrow.

Levito

Banned
We need to stop being so concerned with what Dantis likes/doesn't like. :p

Inorigo - Hear back from Cindy Robinson yet? Setting up time with Michelle Ann Dunphy soon, need to know what episode needs to be recorded when.

kewlmyc

We need to stop being so concerned with what Dantis likes/doesn't like. :p

Inorigo - Hear back from Cindy Robinson yet? Setting up time with Michelle Ann Dunphy soon, need to know what episode needs to be recorded when.

But gossiping about Dantis is fun....

Gazoinks

OH MAN MY GAF ACCOUNT GOT ACTIVATED.

Hello PersonaGAF! I've been following this thread for a while, but I can actually post now so yeah. Recently got into the Persona series, although it's pretty weird the series started with 3? I guess they're doing a Star Wars thing.
:p

I've played P4 and P2:IS, I'm about 2/3-3/4 through P2:EP and I'm theoretically about halfway through P3FES, but I kind of completely forgot I was playing it and haven't gone back to it yet! :D

Levito

Banned
I've been checking my email constantly; nothing yet.

Did she give you a private website email? If so, might want to send her another tweet-- I only say this because if it's a private address there's a good chance incoming gmail's get blocked by the firewall. (your call, just a heads up)

People are tweeting the podcast twitter account asking about us doing another episode on the Arena updates with dacidbro.

...And the Lotus Juice thing is still getting worked out. Holy crap lot's of shit to organize.

Hello PersonaGAF! I've been following this thread for a while, but I can actually post now so yeah. Recently got into the Persona series, although it's pretty weird the series started with 3? I guess they're doing a Star Wars thing.

I've played P4 and P2:IS, I'm about 2/3-3/4 through P2:EP and I'm theoretically about halfway through P3FES, but I kind of completely forgot I was playing it and haven't gone back to it yet! :D

Hey Hey, congrats! Hope you stay around!

Squire

Banned
Did she give you a private website email? If so, might want to send her another tweet-- I only say this because if it's a private address there's a good chance incoming gmail's get blocked by the firewall. (your call, just a heads up)

People are tweeting the podcast twitter account asking about us doing another episode on the Arena updates with dacidbro.

...And the Lotus Juice thing is still getting worked out. Holy crap lot's of shit to organize.

I tweeted her again. Thanks for the tip! And this is great. We're really lining up episodes.

FluxWaveZ

Alright, so yeah, in case there was any doubt, Google Translate tells me that, in this Famitsu article, producer Takumi Iguchi assures people that Shadow characters in P4A2 are fleshed out aesthetically, including the appropriate differences in voice, character portraits and distinctive animations.

Edit: Haha, didn't see this one before:

Shadow Naoto's absolutely disgusted on the character select screen but is probably really high in the vs. screen.

Caladrius

Welcome.,make yourself at home. The system has good timing it seems, considering what just happened.

Gazoinks

Welcome.,make yourself at home. The system has good timing it seems, considering what just happened.

Haha, yeah, nice to show up when there's actual stuff going on. I haven't played the original Arena because I'm not a huge fighting game person, but my interest is definitely piqued by Ultimate Suplex Deathmach Mega Fight Doom Chaos or whatever it's called. :D Curious what Sho's purpose is going to be. Him and his weird finger-hole swords.

Alright, so yeah, in case there was any doubt, Google Translate tells me that, in this Famitsu article, producer Takumi Iguchi assures people that Shadow characters in P4A2 are fleshed out aesthetically, including the appropriate differences in voice, character portraits and distinctive animations.

Shadow Naoto's absolutely disgusted on the character select screen but is probably really high in the vs. screen.
Kinda disappointed that Shadow Naoto doesn't seem like a crybaby. It'd be fun bawling your eyes out while beating up Stupei.

Dantis

Puppeteer was shipped to me! I should be able to play it tomorrow. Yippie!

It's amazing. ENJOY AND FEEL TERRIBLE FOR NOT PURCHASING.

The Shadow faces are amazing. So Persona 2-esque.

Soejima is the bestest.

When he's not designing Labrys or Sho.

Is it me or are you actually giving this one a chance instead of just writing it off?

It's more that I've made a conscious decision not to be incessantly negative about it on here so as not to ruin the hype for other people.

The story might be neat, but I'm still not interested in the actual game.

Welcome to the group! With the new Arena 2 details and that countdown clock slated for November it seems like a pretty good time to get your account activated huh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom