• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

I think Sophia, Buddha, cj_wakura, and I are the only old guards that frequent the thread.

There's certainly other lurkers. There's a poster here who has the collector's edition of SMT If, lucky fool. (DigitalDevil is his name I believe.)

Did I preorder P3 vanilla?

I took a week off for it.
then it got pushed back.

Marche90

I only discovered the franchise as a whole 5 years ago, when P4 was still unannounced for an NA release.

The first Persona title I bought as soon as it was released was P3P.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Did any of you guys actually get Persona 3 in its release window?

Nah, I was stuck in Paragon City for the longest time and never really played much else.

Picked up FES for like 15 bucks at Gamestop after hearing people gush about it. Decided to try it for the hell of it and fell in love.

Sophia

Your implanted memories have cemented themselves. Good.

But those aggression protocols, oh my.

;_;

I own more games now than I ever had growing up. I think I had like... ten Playstation games over the course of its life? And at least two of them were stupid awful titles!

Gazoinks

I'm with you there. Got P3P this year and P4G a couple of months ago. P5 will be my first day 1 Persona game.
I was just curious about the guys in the community that has been here since day 1.
I wonder if Persona's booming popularity on the internet will show on the sales numbers of the next title.
Wouldn't surprise me. It's gotta be Atlus' biggest franchise, at least in the west, right?

Squire

Banned
;_;

I own more games now than I ever had growing up. I think I had like... ten Playstation games over the course of its life? And at least two of them were stupid awful titles!

Heh, I feel your pain. I had a pretty similar experience. I was on the GameCube forever. I had to really pick and choose for quite a while.

My first was P4G last year haha, before then I actually wasn't such a big fan of jrpg's but P4G actually convinced me otherwise and became one of (if not the) best games I ever played

Gazoinks

My first was P4G last year haha, before then I actually wasn't such a big fan of jrpg's but P4G actually convinced me otherwise and became one of (if not the) best games I ever played
Me too! The only JRPGs I'd completed before P4 were Final Fantasy X
and X-2
. Always a genre I kind of ignored, but now I feel like I have to go back and play everything I missed.

dkoy

so uh.... I got into P3 through the manga...
which crazy bad because it was all over the place
and when I found out it was based off a game I was very intrigued. Lead me to to play P1 since that got released in the west first, but I never finished it, followed by P3P, which I marathoned in ~1 week. This all happened around 4 years ago
holy crap time flies
and P4G being on the Vita COMPELLED me to buy one.

Anyone else found the series through unorthodox means?

Jintor

so uh.... I got into P3 through the manga...
which crazy bad because it was all over the place
and when I found out it was based off a game I was very intrigued. Lead me to to play P1 since that got released in the west first, but I never finished it, followed by P3P, which I marathoned in ~1 week. This all happened around 4 years ago
holy crap time flies
and P4G being on the Vita COMPELLED me to buy one.

Anyone else found the series through unorthodox means?

hqdefault.jpg

first exposure

pan-hime

I forgot I got verified here, haha.
I've been lurking for a while and in irc, so.....hi?

I was the streamer that streamed Persona Live 2013 and not much of a talker, heh. My first Persona game was P4G
how sad.

fertygo

Damn why P3P's female route are so good.. Dat new track, dat improved social link, dang yellow sweater.. hnnnngghhh

P5 better have female protag, or I'll do something bad..

sasliquid

I started with P4G a few months ago (would have been last year but Europe) and instantly loved it, went straight into P3 then P2:IS, which I haven't finished yet due to sloooow gameplay.

Right now I'm branching out to the rest Atlus's stuff, loved Nocturne, going through Catherine (which is sometimes great sometimes infuriating) and am awaiting to year when SMT4 will be out in Europe
next year

convo

My first post on GAF! I am glad to be here in time for the next (hopefully) big news to hit.
First I have to praise Slinkfm for being the great thing it is and being fun,reasonable and intelligent. I am currently catching up to the latest ones and i look forward to listening to the smt4 one.
I got into persona around four years ago after i heard a lot about the shin megami tensai games and reading about the themes on gaf. I also first found Giantbomb by searching about Persona 4 and had a good few weeks catching up to the endurance run.

I own a vita now and looking forward to playing Golden although i am also getting into the Disgaea series too, which makes me kinda hesitant to go through it yet.

Oh and i can´t wait for the Dacidbroadcast special with Ulimax suplex news with you guys.
Amada and i share the same kind of appreciation for him and finestko for sure :D

FluxWaveZ

dkoy

Compiling a list of what we've seen so far concerning Shadows because I'm obsessed with them:

Shadows

Yu Narukami (Portrait 1)
Chie (Portrait 1)
Yosuke (Portrait 1)
Naoto (Portrait 1, Portrait 2)
Kanji (Portrait 1, win pose)
Mitsuru (Portrait 1)
Aigis (Portrait 1)
Junpei (Portrait 1)
Yukari (Portrait 1)

I think I'm obsessed with them too. They're just so... AWESOME. I dunno it might be because we're so used to the normal portraits being so serious seeing the characters look twisted is so good.

FluxWaveZ

I think I'm obsessed with them too. They're just so... AWESOME. I dunno it might be because we're so used to the normal portraits being so serious seeing the characters look twisted is so good.

For me, it's because I just love the concept of Shadows. It's the primary reason why I main Shadow Labrys and why my title online is: "I Am a Shadow."

FluxWaveZ

The line works best when you include "the true self." Too bad GAF doesn't allow you to get yourself a title after some requirement.

It does, but I love the phrase too much to let the title size limit from stopping me (plus, it's not possible to construct "the true self", unfortunately).

Necrovex

I'm pretty sure that I played Persona 3 back in 2007. Damn I really feel old now. I really hope Atlus announces a Vita remake of that game, as I would have such a rough time playing it now after the godly P4G.

I also must play the Fatal Frame games soon. I have the first two on my PS2. Just beckoning my name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom