• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Compiling a list of what we've seen so far concerning Shadows because I'm obsessed with them:

Shadows

Yu Narukami (Portrait 1)
Chie (Portrait 1)
Yosuke (Portrait 1)
Naoto (Portrait 1, Portrait 2)
Kanji (Portrait 1, win pose)
Mitsuru (Portrait 1)
Aigis (Portrait 1)
Junpei (Portrait 1)
Yukari (Portrait 1)

Hello.

Awesome!

That said, i'm really disappointed at Narukami's shadow. They completely missed the point with his shadow, which is a shame because it's absolutely possible the give the "main character" a shadow.

Case and point:
Shadow_Tatsuya_confronts.png

FluxWaveZ

Awesome!

That said, i'm really disappointed at Narukami's shadow. They completely missed the point with his shadow, which is a shame because it's absolutely possible the give the "main character" a shadow.

You mean in terms of personality? Well, we don't really know how Shadow Narukami acts yet.

Both Shadow Tatsuya and Shadow Narukami are likely formed from the same entity, after all.

cj_iwakura

You mean in terms of personality? Well, we don't really know how Shadow Narukami acts yet.

Both Shadow Tatsuya and Shadow Narukami are likely formed from the same entity, after all.

Well, Shadow Tatsuya mocks him for his indecisiveness and blase outlook on life. I imagine Shadow Narukami would be cowardly, afraid of being alone, and possibly a womanizer.

FluxWaveZ

Well, Shadow Tatsuya mocks him for his indecisiveness and blase outlook on life. I imagine Shadow Narukami would be cowardly, afraid of being alone, and possibly a womanizer.

Shadow Narukami as depicted in the anime was how I envisioned it. There are glimpses of Shadow Narukami's personality in the original P4A as well.

Dantis

I'm pretty sure that I played Persona 3 back in 2007. Damn I really feel old now. I really hope Atlus announces a Vita remake of that game, as I would have such a rough time playing it now after the godly P4G.

I also must play the Fatal Frame games soon. I have the first two on my PS2. Just beckoning my name.

Tremendous games, One of my favourite game series' ever. The first one is absolutely the weakest, but everything from the second one onwards is just incredible (And the first is still very good). The stories are completely superb, and I don't know if you're familiar with Tsukiko Amano, but she does the songs for all of them, and they're amazing.

Man, the endings to 2, 3 and 4 are so good. So underrated, too.

PK Gaming

No, just in terms of design.

Shadows are supposed to like vile and repulsive, (ie: an aspect of yourself that you don't want others to see) but Shadow Yu is just Yu with yellow eyes and a jerk-grin.

dkoy

First I heard of the series? Some review of FES several years ago, might have been X-Play, not 100% sure.

First time playing? Arena on launch week.

Wait you started the Persona series with Arena or did you mean you started playing FES during Arena's launch week? o_O

I should probably replay P1 and try P2 again. I feel like I'm missing out :/

Meia

For me, it's because I just love the concept of Shadows. It's the primary reason why I main Shadow Labrys and why my title online is: "I Am a Shadow."

Nyarly-chan pls.

Still think a good shadow for a MC in one of these games(especially with how the modern ones do them) is Rise. A character so good at acting how they want others to see him as that he loses sight of what he was to begin with, just so he's not alone.

Necrovex

Tremendous games, One of my favourite game series' ever. The first one is absolutely the weakest, but everything from the second one onwards is just incredible (And the first is still very good). The stories are completely superb, and I don't know if you're familiar with Tsukiko Amano, but she does the songs for all of them, and they're amazing.

I bought the first two, in very good condition, a few years back with the fullest intentions to play them. But they have simply become a part of my PS2 collection. I want to play the series in order, even if they don't have any story connections between each other.

And I am a little surprised that you like the story so much. Hype train going faster. And that piece of music is phenomenal.

Wait you started the Persona series with Arena or did you mean you started playing FES during Arena's launch week? o_O

I should probably replay P1 and try P2 again. I feel like I'm missing out :/

Started playing with Arena, though I got FES on PSN at the same time, so kinda both actually lol. I watched FinestKO's 24 hour live stream for the US launch early one morning when I was bored, saw they were streaming it. I thought "Well I've only seen this in screenshots before so I guess some live gameplay would be a better judge of whether or not I'd like it". Started watching, game looked really friggin fun so I decided I'd get it that same week. Making sure to stay out of story mode until I beat 3 and 4 first, I also grabbed FES digitally.

cj_iwakura

I never did play 3 or 4, but I LOVE 1 and 2(in that order of preference). 3 didn't look that impressive, but I've been told my initial impression was dead wrong.

Also, the same team did the Deception series by and large. That's why you see Millennia outfits in Dead or Alive and Fatal Frame and Fatal Frame outfits in Deception and so on.

Deception II:
deception2-11.png

DoA II:
doaa.jpg

Lunar15

Reading the Persona 5 "announcement" thread in general discussion, it just seems like everyone is setting themselves up for a ton of disappointment. It's all outlandish predictions for things that probably won't match exactly with what's realistic. P-Studio has gained my trust to the point where I'm willing to at least give whatever they make a shot.

Heck, we don't even know if that webpage is for P5, so even that could be setting up for disappointment.

FluxWaveZ

Reading the Persona 5 "announcement" thread in general discussion, it just seems like everyone is setting themselves up for a ton of disappointment. It's all outlandish predictions for things that probably won't match exactly with what's realistic. P-Studio has gained my trust to the point where I'm willing to at least give whatever they make a shot.

Heck, we don't even know if that webpage is for P5, so even that could be setting up for disappointment.

It's just like any other hint at a Persona 5 reveal that's happened in the last 5 years.

I've posted why this is probably a big deal before, even though it's not necessarily P5, so I'm just excited to find out what it is.

More:

So that's a grand total of three new pics from loketest #2, all of Shadow Kanji.

Meia

I think at this point I'd be STRONGLY worried about Atlus if it wasn't Persona 5. There's no telling it is or isn't of course, but yikes if it isn't.

Even if I really want it, imagine how bad blowout would be if this was just for a new release of Persona 3?

EDIT: I really hope they put in as much work for all of the other shadow variants for the characters as they did for Kanji, because that's really making me excited for the game.

FluxWaveZ

I think at this point I'd be STRONGLY worried about Atlus if it wasn't Persona 5. There's no telling it is or isn't of course, but yikes if it isn't.

Even if I really want it, imagine how bad blowout would be if this was just for a new release of Persona 3?

If it's a significant product, despite it not being P5, why would you worry about the company itself? I could understand being worried about Persona 5, but not Atlus.

It'd be pretty crazy if this was for a Persona 3 re-release, but like I explained in a previous post, none of the teasers they've made for games in the past have been something "small" like that. Anytime it's been a re-release, even with Persona 4 Golden, they just outright announce it in Famitsu.

They don't tease things for nothing.

EDIT: I really hope they put in as much work for all of the other shadow variants for the characters as they did for Kanji, because that's really making me excited for the game.

Of course they did. Shadows are their own characters.

"Shadow Aigis has an intro where she crushes a black butterfly in her hand"
"Shadow Chie tramples the opponent’s head on victory"

It'll be like that for everyone. The ASW side producer has already assured people in an interview that they'll be fully unique. They'll have their own VA, intros, win poses, portraits and all that.

Meia

If it's a significant product, despite it not being P5, why would you worry about the company itself? I could understand being worried about Persona 5, but not Atlus.

It'd be pretty crazy if this was for a Persona 3 re-release, but like I explained in a previous post, none of the teasers they've made for games in the past have been something "small" like that. Anytime it's been a re-release, even with Persona 4 Golden, they just outright announce it in Famitsu.

They don't tease things for nothing.

It's why I don't think it's anything but Persona 5. But let's be real here, what OTHER significant product could it possibly be? It could have been Arena 2, but then they release the trailer for it officially and have another weekend to test it, so it's highly unlikely it's that. Another persona 3 release is possible if for no other reason than the movie release being really really close to it, though I think the color scheme is probably wrong for that. P-Studio brand means it's not possibly SMT related, so all of that is out.

I'd worry if it's not P5 since it's been too long since we've heard about the game itself, and I'd worry about priorities at that point...

banjopete

Neo Member
What makes me worry that it's not necessarily P5 is the list of cities and the fact it opens the day after the P3 movie.

I don't know what the cities could possibly mean if it's P5. Places where a playable demo will be available maybe?

Of course it could be multiple announcements and the cities are P4A2 related.

Dantis

I have no idea what to make of it. At this immediate point, I'm not really hyped at all, because I don't know what we're going to see.

If it wasn't for the cities, I'd be convinced that it was P5. As is, I'm not.

Puppeteer arrived today! After watching the second Gurren Lagann film, I'm going to play the living hell out of it.

It's really great.

Maybe it's a reveal of Nyarlathotep's scheme. He wants SIX cities this time.

I did actually consider that it could be the locations for the game, but the last three games they've made have taken place in fictional cities, so probably not.

Rhapsody

Banned
Anyone else found the series through unorthodox means?

I pretty much got in the Persona series because of early SMT. First Persona game I played was EP though.
Preordered 3 when it was announced. Was so excited and then it got delayed because of the art book binding or something lol

sasliquid

Turns out the bus going past my new flat is the P5, can only be a good sign.

If they are announcing P5 in November all I really want to know is what console/s it's on and if they're taking out social links/calender etc. It could be just like P3/4 with a few tweaks and I'd be happy.

But after the info drop I really want to go into it with only the basic details.

Meia

Of course they did. Shadows are their own characters.

It'll be like that for everyone. The ASW side producer has already assured people in an interview that they'll be fully unique. They'll have their own VA, intros, win poses, portraits and all that.

Man, stuff like that kind of makes me want to just go on a total media blackout for this. I mean, it WILL hit consoles eventually...

So I was listening to the SMT4 S.Link ep. What makes you guys so sure the same thing won't happen again with Arena in Europe?
...Ouch.
I heard Aigis has that suplex move in the game. Is that true?

FluxWaveZ

Freakin' awesome :D

It's unconfirmed, though: "New throw super is NOT a suplex. SB version might be?"

Hopefully the SB version is, 'cause that'd be awesome.

New theme info:

• P4 characters mirror match now plays P4G battle theme "Time to make history",
  • P3 female characters plays "Wiping all out" and P3 shadow characters play P3 boss fight,
  • P4 shadow characters play their own shadow dungeon theme.
So Liz's theme is probably still The Battle For Eveyone's Souls after all.

Lunar15

I moreso mean that the thread is full of people going "Oh, well Persona 5 should have exactly this this and this". That's a one-way ticket to disappointmentland.

FluxWaveZ

YES, they have my sale.... unless it takes another extra year to bring to Europe

Worth noting that it's not necessarily mirror matches, but it might be the theme of the characters themselves which might switch randomly from match to match since everyone still has their old theme.

Dunno. Info and translation is weird or vague at times.

It's unconfirmed, though: "New throw super is NOT a suplex. SB version might be?"

New theme info:

• P3 female characters plays "Wiping all out" and P3 shadow characters play P3 boss fight,

Aww shit son, this is really hype..except for the fact that male P3 mirror matches are probably gonna play mass destruction :L

also too bad we won't get to hear the hypest dungeon theme in the game: Mitsuo's

Edit: where is everyone getting their info?

Sophia

Aww shit son, this is really hype..except for the fact that male P3 mirror matches are probably gonna play mass destruction :L

also too bad we won't get to hear the hypest dungeon theme in the game: Mitsuo's

Edit: where is everyone getting their info?

Twitter from people actually at the location test. A lot of it is translated info from Japanese players.

EMT0

Banned

New theme info:

This info can only build hype. When will the hype train stop, I wonder?

kewlmyc

New theme info:

Is it P3 female mirror matches that play Wiping All Out, or just regular matches between P3 females?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom