• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
Finally got around to reading some of Stunedge's notes on this loketest.

Excited to see how everything comes together towards the end when the final build comes out. The first game felt too much like a BBCT/CS1 experience which turned me off because of how much crazy stuff characters can do.

Also loving the news on character songs for mirrors and shadows.

Dantis

Finally got around to reading some of Stunedge's notes on this loketest.

Excited to see how everything comes together towards the end when the final build comes out. The first game felt too much like a BBCT/CS1 experience which turned me off because of how much crazy stuff characters can do.

Also loving the news on character songs for mirrors and shadows.

This was one of my main problems with it. Didn't feel Persona-y to me.

Necrovex

It'll either be a male robot this time or miku

tumblr_mkoo6d3Iwp1qbper1o1_400.gif

come at me bro

I'm sold. Gimme the game now.

Gazoinks

I don't honestly see a way to transfer the persona feel to a fighting game. This is probably the closest we are gonna get.

They could do something like the old Jojo fighting game where you could fight hand-to-hand with your weapon or summon your Stand for a different moveset, maybe.

Wait, that's not how it is already is it? I haven't played. :p

Dantis

I don't honestly see a way to transfer the persona feel to a fighting game. This is probably the closest we are gonna get.

Not sure I agree to be honest. It could have been a lot less over the top. I mean, Arc's games are the craziest fighters there are, really. They could have gotten just about anyone else to do it and could have been closer in tone to the RPGs.

Not that it matters of course. Most people seem to like the tone of Arena, or are at least indifferent to it.

Daimaou

Not sure I agree to be honest. It could have been a lot less over the top. I mean, Arc's games are the craziest fighters there are, really. They could have gotten just about anyone else to do it and could have been closer in tone to the RPGs.

Not that it matters of course. Most people seem to like the tone of Arena, or are at least indifferent to it.

I think SNK could have made something "closer" to the main series. They have a lot of the same sense of style that Arc has without ever going super over the top. That said there will always be compromises when adapting a series into a radically different genre.

Though as Dantis says I don't really have a problem with Arena as is, and I probably like how Arc games play better than SNK anyhow.

Dantis

I think SNK could have made something "closer" to the main series. They have a lot of the same sense of style that Arc has without ever going super over the top.

Though as Dantis says I don't really have a problem with Arena as is, and I probably like how Arc games play better than SNK anyhow.

Interesting side note: Soejima is a huge King of Fighters fan, so he might have liked an SNK game more.

Squire

Banned
BB is so artistically inconsistent. It's all over the place. The music is corny as hell, too.

I'm shocked at how impressed I've been with Xrd.

Dantis

Going purely on aesthetics I probably prefer SNK to Arc.

Except for Arakune, he's one of my favorite characters out of anything.

I think Daisuke Ishiwatari is a great artist, but I think Toshimichi Mori is pretty bad. Some of his designs are interesting, but his style is a bit ugly.

SNK's sprite work and style is much more appealing to me for sure though.

BB is so artistically inconsistent. It's all over the place. The music is corny as hell, too.

Guilty Gear is Daisuke. BB is Mori.

So mystery solved. ;)

kewlmyc

I agree with everything you said, except the music. How is the music corny as hell? It's one of the few reasons why I like BB.

Squire

Banned
Guilty Gear is Daisuke. BB is Mori.

So mystery solved. ;)

Indeed.

I agree with everything you said, except the music. How is the music corny as hell? It's one of the few reasons why I like BB.

It just sounds like mediocre rock/noise to me. When I played the Vita version I put some MP3s on the system after a few days so I could stop listening to it. The art was so inconsistent though, I dropped the game altogether a while later.

I liked the way it felt mechanically, but the style just didn't suit my taste at all.

kewlmyc

Indeed.

It just sounds like mediocre rock/noise to me. When I played the Vita version I put some MP3s on the system after a few days so I could stop listening to it. The art was so inconsistent though, I dropped the game altogether a while later.

I liked the way it felt mechanically, but the style just didn't suit my taste at all.

I can agree that some themes feel that way, like Ragna's. But some of the other themes like Nu's and Hakuman are anything but generic rock.

^Im a rap guy but I appreciate most kinds of music, I love the BB ost

I'm actually surprised they didn't get the GG/BB guy to do a remix or two for P4A

Squire

Banned
My taste in music is pretty diverse, though I don't like metal as stated.

I didn't hate the game, it just clearly isn't for me.
Should've called it BlandBlue based on that OST.

Dantis

^Im a rap guy but I appreciate most kinds of music, I love the BB ost

I'm actually surprised they didn't get the GG/BB guy to do a remix or two for P4A

I was both surprised and pleased.

Ishiwatari is way too heavy for Persona. Meguro's stuff is actually very soft, considering how guitar-focused it is.

My taste in music is pretty diverse, though I don't like metal as stated.

I didn't hate the game, it just clearly isn't for me.
Should've called it BlandBlue based on that OST.

It's pretty close in terms of style to some of the stuff I listen to, but I still don't much care for it. I find it somewhat unfocused.

Rhapsody

Banned
I think Daisuke Ishiwatari is a great artist, but I think Toshimichi Mori is pretty bad. Some of his designs are interesting, but his style is a bit ugly.
Mori basically just feels very unoriginal. As a guy that enjoys anime, BB's character designs are just way too based on anime stereotypes.
I don't really like his art either lol

Daisuke beats him in art and character design. Although I don't like Daisuke's computer colored art.
http://ggxrd.com/character/ky/images/character_mainv_ky.png
It just sounds like mediocre rock/noise to me. When I played the Vita version I put some MP3s on the system after a few days so I could stop listening to it.
A little surprising since usually people praise the diversity in music as a breath of fresh air over Guilty's.

Classic SF2 is still my favorite in FG music though in terms of diversity and fitting characters. Shimomura too good.

dkoy

I pretty much got in the Persona series because of early SMT. First Persona game I played was EP though.
Preordered 3 when it was announced. Was so excited and then it got delayed because of the art book binding or something lol

That's not unorthodox at all....unless there's more to this story.

It's unconfirmed, though: "New throw super is NOT a suplex. SB version might be?"

Hopefully the SB version is, 'cause that'd be awesome.

New theme info:

• P4 characters mirror match now plays P4G battle theme "Time to make history",
  • P3 female characters plays "Wiping all out" and P3 shadow characters play P3 boss fight,
  • P4 shadow characters play their own shadow dungeon theme.
So Liz's theme is probably still The Battle For Eveyone's Souls after all.

Hype growing is growing. Shadow characters just keep sounding better and better, Aigis possibly has a suplex move and P3P/P4G music sold the game already for me.

Rhapsody

Banned
That's not unorthodox at all....unless there's more to this story.
Oh, I meant to add that mine wasn't orthodox before the story. lol

I'm still happy that I came across the series by chance. SMT1's beginning was just so weird for a game, it caught my interest.
Even though I played some of the older games, I do admit that P3 really got me into it and leading me to buy all the ones I missed (I missed all the PS2 ones before it among others).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom