• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

I think Ken consensus was people would be happy just to endlessly beat the shit out of him in training mode. :p

At the very least if Ken isn't in game as a fighter, I picture him and Koromaru probably being in during some story points. Then again, maybe they'll save them for a P4A3, who knows?

Even if people disagree with me, I kind of want to see Marie in some fashion in this game, just to know she's not going to be thrown away as an idea completely. Even if I think she was misused in Golden, the idea
of the first really god-like being on the side of humanity since Philemon
is a good one.

I wonder if Junpei's shadow is going to be a drunk? :D

PK Gaming

I wonder if Junpei's shadow is going to be a drunk? :D

Probably not. If they're going with a rudimentary representation of Junpei's shadow, it'll probably be a self-absorbed and jealous-prone jerk.

For a next level interpretation of his shadow, it'll be defensive and confrontational, desperately wanting love and affection from everyone else.

I honestly wouldn't mind that. However everyone hates Ken. Japan hates Ken more than Junpei, which is saying something.

Japan hates Junpei?

I really hope that Shadow Junpei is a massive douchecanoe to everyone because that would be so entertaining to see. I also hope that he gets some awesome quips during his home run supers.

dkoy

Japan hates Junpei?

I really hope that Shadow Junpei is a massive douchecanoe to everyone because that would be so entertaining to see. I also hope that he gets some awesome quips during his home run supers.

I'm pretty sure it'd be entertaining to see all the shadows be douchebags. So why does Japan hate Junpei? Also who else will be disappointed when Atlus USA changes the name of Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold for western releases....

Gazoinks

I'm pretty sure it'd be entertaining to see all the shadows be douchebags. So why does Japan hate Junpei? Also who else will be disappointed when Atlus USA changes the name of Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold for western releases....

Persona 4: Arena: Another One.

But wait, they're under Sega now so there's still hope maybe! What's Sega's history with ridiculous subtitles?

Young Magus

Shadow selves seems to be pretty legit!
Wonder what Mitsuru's and Yukari's shadow personalities would be like. Also since shadows would have THEIR theme play, what does that means for Shadow Yosuke? IIRC he did not really have a dungeon. Same question for P3 folk as well

FluxWaveZ

Shadow selves seems to be pretty legit!
Wonder what Mitsuru's and Yukari's shadow personalities would be like. Also since shadows would have THEIR theme play, what does that means for Shadow Yosuke? IIRC he did not really have a dungeon. Same question for P3 folk as well

Shadow Mitsuru was described as a "a weak, cute type of girl?", though her character portrait kind of suggests a bit otherwise.

All P3 Shadow characters will apparently have a P3 boss theme.

I wonder what Shadow Yosuke and Shadow Teddie's themes will be as well. Shadow Teddie's could be the theme of the dungeon that he appears in, but not too sure that would fit, heh.

kewlmyc

Japan hates Junpei?

Yeah, I don't get it either. Didn't even make the top 25 Persona characters, which is odd considering his placement in the story.

Young Magus

Half of the investigation team (Yu, Yosuke, Chie and Tedie) lack dungeon themes, I wonder what they'll use...

I want Yu to use
Adachis dungeon theme, to tie in their differences and personas.....or realistically I'll face myself

Chie might use the same theme as Yukiko

kewlmyc

Even if people disagree with me, I kind of want to see Marie in some fashion in this game, just to know she's not going to be thrown away as an idea completely. Even if I think she was misused in Golden, the idea
of the first really god-like being on the side of humanity since Philemon
is a good one.

Does Marie even use personas? I guess she could be like Shadow Labrys. She could be in P4U3, but only if the story took place after the P4G epilogue. However, that would require all of the sprites to be redone.

Squire

Banned
Does Marie even use personas? I guess she could be like Shadow Labrys. She could be in P4U3, but only if the story took place after the P4G epilogue. However, that would require all of the sprites to be redone.

In one of Golden's credits sequences where they show each character with their persona in the background when they show Marie, hers is Kaguya.

It's not really confirmation she has one, but they clearly thought about that at one point. They probably would've liked her to be a party member, but realized it wasn't really feasible to make that happen.

If Elizabeth/Margaret become absolute beasts via piggybacking off of your S-Links,
anything's possible when there's a quasi-deity on your side
that you share an S-Link with. Chances are she can probably manifest Kaguya, IMO.

Spoilers, dude.

Jintor

Fuck my life... tried to flip a canvas 90*... SAI disagreed and crashed. Fuck! Two hours work gone... didn't even save before it...

Jintor

The linework algorithm seems smoother, but it's a lot crashier (in that it crashes at all... never crashed with PS when drawing) and there's no goddamn temp files

After being crazy busy this week I'm finally back to my Persona playthrough.

I swear I'm about to do something to the game's UMD...

Not only I just went through a particularly labyrinthyne dungeon only to get teleported back to the entrance and have TO REDO IT AGAIN!
I'm also encountering these crows in group of three that spam Marin Karin like there's no tomorrow, making my entire party charmed with no possibility of counterattacking or escaping the battle.
I'm pretty well equipped also, which means that it takes AGES for that formation to kill me.

In the end after 40 turns or so they start to run away, the charm effects vanishes and I can escape the battle.

Any way to protect myself from charm? I tried looking around but I couldn't find anything.

Apart from these things the game is still cool, I'm liking it, but if these annoyances persist it could become a deal breaker for me.

EMT0

Banned
In one of Golden's credits sequences where they show each character with their persona in the background when they show Marie, hers is Kaguya.

It's not really confirmation she has one, but they clearly thought about that at one point. They probably would've liked her to be a party member, but realized it wasn't really feasible to make that happen.

Spoilers, dude.

Aye remember to mark your spoilers. This aint no spoiler thread.

Sorry guys :(

I thought I had marked them. Could have sworn I did.

FluxWaveZ

Bunch of relatively low quality, illegal, unlisted P4A2 videos that the uploader doesn't want spreading around have been posted on Dustloop.

Animation of the Shadow Kanji win animation posted before:
iQ0ClZ4JFKh2P.gif

Shadow Yukari actually has a shower intro:
ibod7Aj6IIXw04.gif

Bunch of relatively low quality, illegal, unlisted P4A2 videos that the uploader doesn't want spreading around have been posted on Dustloop.

Animation of the Shadow Kanji win animation posted before:
http://i.minus.com/iQ0ClZ4JFKh2P.gif[IMG]

Shadow Yukari actually has a shower intro:
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibod7Aj6IIXw04.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Definitely going to main Shadow Kanji!

Trigger

I'm loving everything I hear about the shadow counterparts. If only the devs could go the extra mile and give them different (reversed) personae too.

Is the p-ch.jp site confirmed legit then?

I reaaally want it to be Persona 5, but what if it's another spinoff in the works? I wouldn't mind that much because I love Arena (and will probably love Ultimax assuming it hits consoles) but a P5 would be heavenly.

Also, what do people think the new character in Ultimax is, the red head dude? Reckon it's the
foolish human that the Malevolent Entity was talking about working with who also hacked Labrys to make her battle people?

Sorian

Banned
I want you all to know that I started up a fresh file in FES last night and while watching the opening cutscene, I was singing along whenever the music came on and found myself saying "burn my thread......did I just say thread? fuck me"

Dantis

Is the p-ch.jp site confirmed legit then?

I reaaally want it to be Persona 5, but what if it's another spinoff in the works? I wouldn't mind that much because I love Arena (and will probably love Ultimax assuming it hits consoles) but a P5 would be heavenly.

Also, what do people think the new character in Ultimax is, the red head dude? Reckon it's the
foolish human that the Malevolent Entity was talking about working with who also hacked Labrys to make her battle people?

If you mean "Is it really Atlus?", then yes.

We don't know if it's Persona 5, or really even if it's a game though.

FluxWaveZ

It's absolutely a game, of that there is no doubt. If there are multiple announcements, at least one of those will relate to a game.

The P-Studio logo is proof of that.

Squire

Banned

We know it's a game because of the studio logo.

We know it's probably not something insignificant like a social/mobile game considering the nature if the site.

Dantis

It's absolutely a game, of that there is no doubt. If there are multiple announcements, at least one of those will relate to a game.

The P-Studio logo is proof of that.
We know it's a game because of the studio logo.

We know it's probably not something insignificant like a social/mobile game considering the nature if the site.

This is how dreams are broken.

It's probably a game. But not definitely.

FluxWaveZ

Yes, definitely. Absolutely. 100%.

Tell me, why would they display the logo of a video game development studio on a website that had nothing to do with a video game, especially when that logo has only ever been associated with video games? I'm not saying what that video game is, because we don't know, but it is 100% irrational to believe it isn't related to a video game.

Not necessarily... remember the whole TWEWY iOS debacle?

Not a good comparison. Like Caladrious stated, they both have VERY different history with teasers.

Yeah, I do. It wasn't a teaser site with locations across Japan and an open date set for two months out.

This isn't something minor.

It's definitely a game.

Fair point. I do remember some gaffer who supposedly had inside information (same one who hinted about Vita TV iirc) posting something about a Persona 5 announcement in November too...

Sophia

It is absolutely definitely a game. There's no denying that now what with the P-Studio logo there. :p

Fair point. I do remember some gaffer who supposedly had inside information (same one who hinted about Vita TV iirc) posting something about a Persona 5 announcement in November too...

That was a moderator, Y2Kev. There's no supposedly about it. He has inside info. :p

Dantis

Yes, definitely. Absolutely. 100%.

Tell me, why would they display the logo of a video game development studio on a website that had nothing to do with a video game, especially when that logo has only ever been associated with video games? I'm not saying what that video game is, because we don't know, but it is 100% irrational to believe it isn't related to a video game.

Flux has gone off the deep end. Boarded the hype train. I never thought it would happen!

The answer is that I don't know why, because I don't work for Atlus and I don't know what it is. But until we get some manner of confirmation, nothing is certain. It could be anything. It is not 100% definitely a game.

FluxWaveZ

Flux has gone off the deep end. Boarded the hype train. I never thought it would happen!

The answer is that I don't know why, because I don't work for Atlus and I don't know what it is. But until we get some manner of confirmation, nothing is certain. It could be anything. It is not 100% definitely a game.

No, I've not gone off the deep end. So far, with everything that's ever been hinted at, I've always stated that "this isn't a certainty" or that "this vague hint might not lead to anything."

You're the one being irrational here, not me. You're even stating that you don't know why a video game specific dev. team logo would be on a website that has nothing to do with a video game. I maintain that it is 100%, definitely a game. It could be an iOS card game for all we know, but that doesn't change what it will be.

Dantis

No, I've not gone off the deep end. So far, with everything that's ever been hinted at, I've always stated that "this isn't a certainty" or that "this vague hint might not lead to anything."

You're the one being irrational here, not me. You're even stating that you don't know why a video game specific dev. team logo would be on a website that has nothing to do with a video game. I maintain that it is 100%, definitely a game. It could be an iOS card game for all we know, but that doesn't change what it will be.

It just means that it's related to the Persona Team. What if it's a tournament hosted by Atlus (And for some weird reason not involving Arc)? It could be anything.

FluxWaveZ

It just means that it's related to the Persona Team. What if it's a tournament hosted by Atlus (And for some weird reason not involving Arc)? It could be anything.

No, because a tournament hosted by Atlus would not have a secondary video game development team logo on it. It would have the Atlus logo, like the tournaments they've actually sponsored in the past.

Sophia

They've hosted previous tourneys before without having to resort to a grand two month announcement. Also the lack of an ArcSys logo is pretty damming to that theory, regardless of their involvement. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom