• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marche90

Looks like people have gone off the deep end because of the recent developments.
The teaser is going to wreck us all in the following two months, I can feel it.

Dantis

No, because a tournament hosted by Atlus would not have a secondary video game development team logo on it. It would have the Atlus logo, like the tournaments they've actually sponsored in the past.

They've hosted previous tourneys before without having to resort to a grand two month announcement. Also the lack of an ArcSys logo is pretty damming to that theory, regardless of their involvement. :p

You're missing the point. I'm not saying "What if it's a tournament?", I'm saying "What if it's something game related, that is directly linked to the Persona team, for example, a tournament".

It's not definitely a game.

And the content type being 'game' in the source code.

Seeing more people talking about P4A2 loktests on twitter today is just making me more and more excited.

If it's related to Persona, the category will be listed as 'Game'.

I'm not saying it's not a game, I'm saying that I am open-minded. If you all convince yourselves that it's a game and it's not, you're just going to be disappointed.

Wait for an announcement, and then scream it from the rooftops if you really want to. But right now, we have next to nothing.

Sophia

You're missing the point. I'm not saying "What if it's a tournament?", I'm saying "What if it's something game related, that is directly linked to the Persona team, for example, a tournament".

What exactly would be directly linked to the Persona team that would be a tournament? I don't think they're suddenly having Catherine-sponsored tourneys with two month notices. :p

I'm not saying it's not a game, I'm saying that I am open-minded. If you all convince yourselves that it's a game and it's not, you're just going to be disappointed.

Wait for an announcement, and then scream it from the rooftops if you really want to. But right now, we have next to nothing.

C'mon now Dantis. We know you better than that. Being suddenly open-minded is not one of your characteristics.... :p

FluxWaveZ

And again, I don't agree with that.

The fact that there is a precedent concerning the logo and video game products, the fact that that logo has never appeared in anything else except directly related to a video game (no concerts, no stage shows, no anime series, no book or manga, no tournament, no vague announcement website...) and the fact that there would be no reason to not just display the Atlus logo—like they've done every single time in the past—but felt the need to also include their specific P-Studio group's logo next to the company logo means that it is definitely a game.

Dantis

What exactly would be directly linked to the Persona team that would be a tournament? I don't think they're suddenly having Catherine-sponsored tourneys with two month notices. :p
I have no idea.

C'mon now Dantis. We know you better than that. Being suddenly open-minded is not one of your characteristics.... :p

When it comes to Persona announcements, I absolutely am.

Like I've said before, I anticipate every Tuesday on the off chance that P5 has been announced.

And again, I don't agree with that.

The fact that there is a precedent concerning the logo and video game products, the fact that that logo has never appeared in anything else except directly related to a video game (no concerts, no stage shows, no anime series, no book or manga, no tournament, no vague announcement website...) and the fact that there would be no reason to not just display the Atlus logo—like they've done every single time in the past—but felt the need to also include their specific P-Studio group's logo next to the company logo means that it is definitely a game.

And the logo has been around for a whole year, which is just enough time for this to prove nothing with certainty.

Omikaru

It is 99.99999% going to be a game. There is a chance that it is not a game, but let's just say it's very small.

I'm just going to quote J.S. Mill here:

"There is no such thing as absolute certainty, but there is assurance sufficient for the purposes of human life."

Let it go, Dant0r. It's a game. :p

FluxWaveZ

And the logo has been around for a whole year, which is just enough time for this to prove nothing with certainty.

True, the trademark's existed for a short period of time, but everything I listed was released after the logo first appeared on the Persona 4 Arena game box on July 26, 2012.

Can you answer why it hasn't appeared on anything else but that and Persona 4 Golden?

I'm convincing myself of nothing. I've learnt to not get worked up over a countdown timer. I was just saying that the content is classed as a game in the source code and a game only, while other sites have game, music, or concert etc..

edit, obviously they could of left some genre stuff out to not give it away, but in that case I don't see why you would even list it as a game.

Squire

Banned
I'm convincing myself of nothing. I've learnt to not get worked up over a countdown timer. I was just saying that the content is classed as a game in the source code and a game only, while other sites have game, music, or concert etc..

Yeah, I figured people would drop this after that code was found.

It's a game, Dantis.

Omikaru

You guys are so fucking jaded that you're doubting the most obvious fucking sign that Persona 5 will be announced on a specific date. What the hell is wrong with you guys?

This is it. This is fucking it. Lighten up and enjoy the hype, because for once it's justified!

It is absolutely definitely a game. There's no denying that now what with the P-Studio logo there. :p

That was a moderator, Y2Kev. There's no supposedly about it. He has inside info. :p

Ah, well I'm still pretty new to NeoGAF, only really started posting today but was lurking beforehand (waiting for the registration process to complete, curses!)

That's pretty interesting then.

FluxWaveZ

You guys are so fucking jaded that you're doubting the most obvious fucking sign that Persona 5 will be announced on a specific date. What the hell is wrong with you guys?

This is it. This is fucking it. Lighten up and enjoy the hype, because for once it's justified!

Well, I wouldn't go that far...

Could be P5. Could not. At least this time expecting it isn't ridiculous.

Meia

If the logo was used in the anime, which came out roughly the same time as the fighting game which sported the logo, I could see it. But yeah, if the logo's never been used except on a game, it's a game.

The interesting question is what the game is though. THAT should be the question that drives us all nuts. :D

Dantis

It is 99.99999% going to be a game. There is a chance that it is not a game, but let's just say it's very small.

I'm just going to quote J.S. Mill here:

"There is no such thing as absolute certainty, but there is assurance sufficient for the purposes of human life."

Let it go, Dant0r. It's a game. :p
Et tu, Omi?

True, the trademark's existed for a short period of time, but everything I listed was released after the logo first appeared on the Persona 4 Arena game box on July 26, 2012.

Can you answer why it hasn't appeared on anything else but that and Persona 4 Golden?

These questions are so weird. Are you even thinking about what you're saying?

Of course I can't! I don't know why it's never been on anything except Arena and Golden, and I don't know what it could be besides a game. If I did, I'd be saying with a lot more certainty "Well gee Flux, it could be X,Y,Z".

When you say "It's definitely 100% certainly a game", what you mean is "All available evidence suggests that it is definitely a game". And when that evidence consists of the fact that a logo - one that has previously only appeared on game products, despite its 14-month lifespan - appears on a website with a date two months in the future, I think it is safe to say that it isn't certain. Likely? Sure! More than that, even! Exceedingly likely!

But not certain. That's just spreading misinformation, hombre.

FluxWaveZ

These questions are so weird. Are you even thinking about what you're saying?

Of course I can't! I don't know why it's never been on anything except Arena and Golden, and I don't know what it could be besides a game. If I did, I'd be saying with a lot more certainty "Well gee Flux, it could be X,Y,Z".

If you can't, then your previous reasoning that there is no proof as to why this could be associated with a tournament or something else like it is flawed, which is why I asked the question. There might not be any conclusive proof that this is a game, that I'll agree with, but it's also unreasonable to take a perfectly neutral stance when there is historical evidence that completely points in a certain direction.

When you say "It's definitely 100% certainly a game", what you mean is "All available evidence suggests that it is definitely a game". And when that evidence consists of the fact that a logo - one that has previously only appeared on game products, despite its 14-month lifespan - appears on a website with a date two months in the future, I think it is safe to say that it isn't certain. Likely? Sure! More than that, even! Exceedingly likely!

But not certain. That's just spreading misinformation, hombre.

I'll agree with that, though it's mostly semantics/hyperbole. All available evidence suggests that it is definitely a game" is a good way to put it.

pan-hime

Bunch of relatively low quality, illegal, unlisted P4A2 videos that the uploader doesn't want spreading around have been posted on Dustloop.

Animation of the Shadow Kanji win animation posted before:
iQ0ClZ4JFKh2P.gif

I want to main him now.
Wait till the console it's on is announced.

We have ONLY just beGUN. /ricflair
Oh no.

Meia

Is it odd my hype explosion right now is only over Ultimax? I sometimes forget we have a countdown to look forward to lol

Devil you know versus devil you don't.

Plus shadows are just *exciting*, and it looks like they're doing an amazing job with them in Ultimax. Hell, Ultimax looks like the game Arena probably should have been(though I like Labrys, and I guess they did need a reason for the two teams to meet first).

My dream Ultimax thing? Story mode where the character faces their shadow self(not the end of the story mode either), I'll Face Myself(Battle) plays during the match, match is over as the person is standing over their shadow, and if it's a P4 cast member their persona upgrades to the second form, unlocking it as a choice from then on on character select screen. :D

Most Persona meltdowns in Gaming are not from regulars here. If there's that conflation in peoples minds, I don't know how it got that way; maybe cuz regulars have the biggest number of posts in Gaming Persona threads?

I just know meltdowns will happen once it's announced no matter which console it's announced for. Every Atlus sales thread was 2/3 "DONT MAKE IT EXCLUSIVE FOR THAT OTHER CONSOLE MANUFACTURER!!!1111" when the people and intactness of the culture was at risk.

What I'm saying is, expect butthurt and bannings. :D

Trigger

Will there really be meltdowns tho? I think a PS360 initial release is more or less a given.

Well at least hype explosions are something we're accurately known for. Better than some of the other stuff that's attributed to us yet isn't.

Very true. lol

Both of these things would be amazing. And on Vita too so the Vita has all the games in their best possible edition. Mmmmmm

I've never finished FES
I've only finished vanilla P3P
and sadly I have no urge to play through it again to do so either. If it was another P3 edition that might just be enough to spark my interest in finishing the game.

Well at least hype explosions are something we're accurately known for. Better than some of the other stuff that's attributed to us yet isn't.

Some communities have terrible reputations. Makes you wonder what actually goes on in some threads.

Persona 3 Ultimate 14 Ultramax Suplex Crowbar Hold Guard Extreme 2: The Velvet

You've got the right idea ;)

Sophia

Some communities have terrible reputations. Makes you wonder what actually goes on in some threads.

Yeah, I've seen what goes on in some threads. Always tried to make sure that this thread has some degree of self-moderation in it. This is a nice place for discussion and art, and I don't want to see that go down the drain.

Lunar15

I'd say the biggest hype explosions happen in gaming side with people who are huge fans, but not necessarily regulars of this thread. It's not that this group is "better" or any elitist shit like that, it's just that you have a much larger and more vocal fan base on the gaming side, which also includes this smaller community.

I'm just glad this thread stays away from console wars and port begging.

Daimaou

I'd say the biggest hype explosions happen in gaming side with people who are huge fans, but not necessarily regulars of this thread. It's not that this group is "better" or any elitist shit like that, it's just that you have a much larger and more vocal fan base on the gaming side, which also includes this smaller community.

I'm just glad this thread stays away from console wars and port begging.

So who's ready for P5 3DS?

Kappa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom