• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
Episode 16 y'all

ep16card.jpg

It's time.

Usual feeds.

Armada has an amazing story about Catherine underwear at the end.

cjkeats

Armada pls.

I still have my pair in the box. I wore the shit and it faded after one wash and now I regret wearing it. I want to get one of his "Rave" shirts. I think EU got that one instead of the one we got?

dkoy

Man everybody comes out when I go to sleep :( I've also been lurking long enough to see the gif explosion when Index registered the persona5.jp domain. Will there be another one?

Episode 16 y'all

ep16card.jpg

It's time.

Usual feeds.

Just finished listening, good work as usual guys! Wish I could have made it but someone out there doesn't want me to have fun on oddly specific days :(

And I laughed so hard at "The S stands for Slums", and the bit at the very end was hilarious

Gamerloid

Man, I seriously wish P5 has a Theme like SMT IV. I really like when games have a recurring tune. I hope SMT IV's soundtrack gets announced because I want it badly. I can't find the last song with that theme, the one where you'll talk with a boss before the battle begins.

Marche90

^Absolutely agree. I love whenever motifs of the series pops up through the game, whenever you don't expect them, also.

I feel like an idiot now. Thanks guys for talking some sense into me ;)

Levito

Banned
Pro-tip: if it's just for shitting over a brand, just for the sake of shitting on it, keep your mouth shut. Valuable lesson. Criticize it all you want, just do it in a respectful way, and not in a way to bother others. .

Whooooooa dude, that seems pretty aggressive for no reason. Basically all of it is in jest, and what's there really is not that bad. Jello was correct in saying that he was mostly talking about the fans than Nintendo themselves. (Which is makes this kinda ironic given this context haha)

To be honest though, it's a conversational podcast. People don't need to "Keep their mouths shut" just because their opinion on Nintendo is not the same as your own. :\

I think most people on here are just really sick and tired of every single thread on GAF about Persona turning into port begging from Nintendo fans. There is literally no thread about future Persona games that does not turn into Ninty fans begging for the games to be on 3DS.

FluxWaveZ

I think most people on here are just really sick and tired of every single thread about Persona turning into port begging from Nintendo fans. There is literally no thread about future Persona games that does not turn into Ninty fans begging for the games to be on 3DS.

Yup. People have suggested the game for a whole lot of their favorite platforms—I'm sure there's someone who's wished for it to be an Xbox One exclusive before—but for some reason, Persona 5 is a particular game which attracts two kinds of mindsets: people who specifically wish for it to be released on the 3DS or the Wii U (whether they have a real interest in the series or not) and people who wish for it to be on the 3DS so that everyone else can feel bad.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Whooooooa dude, that seems pretty aggressive for no reason. Basically all of it is in jest, and what's there really is not that bad. Jello was correct in saying that he was mostly talking about the fans than Nintendo themselves. (Which is makes this kinda ironic given this context haha)

To be honest though, it's a conversational podcast. People don't need to "Keep their mouths shut" just because their opinion on Nintendo is not the same as your own. :\

I think most people on here are just really sick and tired of every single thread on GAF about Persona turning into port begging from Nintendo fans. There is literally no thread about future Persona games that does not turn into Ninty fans begging for the games to be on 3DS.

Right, Something about hardware came up and I just mentioned that a lot of Nintendo fans are always "Gameplay over graphics" and such when newer hardware is not all just about the graphics as a lot of people think.

Gamerloid

Can't really be port begging when we don't even know what platforms they'll be on. Most likely a PlayStation system (I'm betting on Vita) though. It's the most realistic scenario.

As the podcast, it's not that bad really. I do get annoyed at pointless brand bashing, but I don't really think it was the case. That segment was boring for me. It was now personal preference vs personal preference. It went down for there.

Marche90

I saw the irony coming from a mile away, hahaha.

And that's why I wrote that disclaimer. I haven't listened to the podcast yet, so I don't know how bad it was :p

I think most of us are, tbh.
I'm begging Atlus here: Please just put out the name of the console you're putting P5 on. It will save us from a loooot of headaches.

Levito

Banned
I actually really don't harbor any ill will towards Nintendo themselves really. I love their games but I'm not much of a fan of hardware.

I'm talking shit about 3DoucheSlum in every episode that isn't an interview from now on.
:b

YOU'RE HELPING.

But yeah when Ron says "Nintendo fans will come out of the graphical ghetto soon"-- That's obviously a joke. :p

Basically if it gets too outta had I'll have to morph into my PC gaming master race final form and take the piss outta the filthy console peasants.

dkoy

Just finished listening and I must say it was a fun episode. There were a lot of times when people started talking at the same time and kept interrupting each other, so maybe someone should act as a host and make decisions on who talks in what order to avoid these
,Levito
?

Ending was hilarious.

Levito

Banned
There were a lot of times when people started talking at the same time and kept interrupting each other, so maybe someone should act as a host and make decisions on who talks in what order to avoid these
,Levito
?.

I've thought about that a lot, I don't really know how to fix that. It kind of comes from Skype being laggy(delays, people cutting out) and not as personal as being in the same room as everyone else. You can't read body language(when people are going to speak), etc.

I'm starting to think that maybe we should all use push to talk, might solve some issues.

Suggestions welcome, cause I'm not really sure out to solve that issue.

I personally don't understand how you can develop feelings for a hardware company but to each his own I guess. You don't sound as bad as Apple fans at least.

I'm talking shit about 3DoucheSlum in every episode that isn't an interview from now on.
Would make a already awesome podcast even more awesome

It is absolutely fucking ridiculous, probably the worse I have ever seen on this site or in video games period. Like, they don't even have a valid reason. They just want it there just because.

Marche90

I personally don't understand how you can develop feelings for a hardware company but to each his own I guess. You don't sound as bad as Apple fans at least.

I would pay money to know why. Maybe I should take a break from videogames.
after finishing P5, of course!

You should. It's your charm.
Fully endorsed by me, of course.

Now, real talk?

Downloading the Project Diva F demo was opening the Pandora's Box. Why? See my avatar now.

Gamerloid

I feel like an idiot now. Thanks guys for talking some sense into me ;)

Eh, I wouldn't feel like an idiot considering you had a disclaimer. What you accomplished was letting us know how you feel about brand bashing, and that's a good thing. What some find funny might not be funny to you, and now we know that you don't like mindless bashing.

~And now we know.

you should add fanboy there because I'm an Apple fan, but definitely no zealot. Android vs iOS is stupid.

Gamerloid

Downloading the Project Diva F demo was opening the Pandora's Box. Why? See my avatar now.

But now you're apart of MikuGAF (I hate that since it should be VocalGAF or VoicaloidGAF. Miku is just one of the many characters D: ) and there's nothing wrong wit that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom