• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I personally don't understand how you can develop feelings for a hardware company but to each his own I guess. You don't sound as bad as Apple fans at least.

*shudder*

It is absolutely fucking ridiculous, probably the worse I have ever seen on this site or in video games period. Like, they don't even have a valid reason. They just want it there just because.

Most of the reason is, it was on that list of "announced" games from 2010.

Because you know, those lists are 100% accurate all the time.

Lunar15

Y'know when port begging happens for any system, it's annoying, regardless of the system.

The fact that one person doesn't want it on the 3DS just kinda means they have the same mentality of one that does. Just sayin'.

As Jintor pointed out, Bayonetta 2 proves it really goes for all sorts of system fans.

Gamerloid

Y'know when port begging happens for any system, it's annoying, regardless of the system.

The fact that one wouldn't want it on the 3DS just kinda means they have the same mentality of one that does. Just sayin'.

This is true. I was going to say it but I didn't want to start something lol. It has no announced platform, so really anyone can give their preferred platform. You can't really port beg when there's no platform announced yet.

Though realistically it'll be on a Playstation system like I said earlier. Personally, as long as I have the platform it's on I'll be happy. Never really thought about it being on 3DS, but seeing SMT IV I wouldn't care.

Levito

Banned
As someone with a degree in technology, and loads of experience programming/working with a plethora of different OS's out there. I can tell you that they're all shit in their own special ways.

I love my desktop PC, I love my ipad, and I love My PS3. They are all great in one way and garbage in others. No company is exempt from mistakes, humans are imperfect begins, so it's not like human's are every going to create a perfect piece of technology/software. All comes down to personal preference.

Dreamcast is mad overrated though, for real. *runs*

Eh, I wouldn't feel like an idiot considering you had a disclaimer. What you accomplished was letting us know how you feel about brand bashing, and that's a good thing. What some find funny might not be funny to you, and now we know that you don't like mindless bashing.

Yeah Marche, you're not an idiot. It's cool, my post made it sound worse than it actually is. :p

Bayo2 port begging is more egregious imho =P

Well yeah, because Persona 5 hasn't even been announced yet!

Sophia

I'm annoyed to port begging when the reason something like "I just want to see meltdown"
I wish those guy can just fuck off.

I actually kind of like those people if they're not being too obnoxious about it. But only because I think the meltdowns would be funny initially. :p

FluxWaveZ

The fact that one person doesn't want it on the 3DS just kinda means they have the same mentality of one that does. Just sayin'.

As Gamerloid stated, it's not specifically port begging (I guess it'd be platform begging?), but it's the frequency of the certain type of platform begging that personally frustrates me, especially when every single Persona 5 topic inevitably leads to the subject.

Daimaou

Not necessarily. I'd rather it not be on the 3DS because of technical reasons. The 3DS has rough parity with the PS2, a little worse on average. You can quote specs at me if you want, but that's representative of the games I've seen.

I don't consider myself a graphics whore by any means, but I'd be more than a bit disappointed after Catherine's presentation if P5 was relegated to the 3DS.

I said I would but it on any system it appears on, but I don't think 3DS is capable of the vision I have for the game(and I think most people feel the same way).

As Jintor pointed out, Bayonetta 2 proves it really goes for all sorts of system fans.
Man I forgot all about that
I'm annoyed to port begging when the reason something like "I just want to see meltdown"
I wish those guy can just fuck off.
I guess I better fuck off then XD /jk

Dreamcast is mad overrated though, for real. *runs*
Joke post?

Levito

Banned

While you're right. In Persona 5's case it's become the dominant discussion of every thread. We can't even speculate about what the timer site means without people screaming about the 3DS.

Gamerloid

As someone with a degree in technology
Nice. I love tech, but for whatever reason my interest in getting a degree in accounting returned this morning in full force. I'm actually looking it up right now lol

As Gamerloid stated, it's not specifically port begging (I guess it'd be platform begging?), but it's the frequency of the certain type of platform begging that personally frustrates me, especially when every single Persona 5 topic inevitably leads to the subject.

I don't think there would've been much people asking for it to be on the 3DS if there was never an announcement of Persona 3DS. Sadly that vanished, but since this countdown seems to be 3 things, I hope we get a P5 and a Persona 3DS just so everyone can be happy.

Marche90

Oh, god...
Do we have enough brain bleach around? I might need a bottle or two.

Though realistically it'll be on a Playstation system like I said earlier. Personally, as long as I have the platform it's on I'll be happy. Never really thought about it being on 3DS, but seeing SMT IV I wouldn't care.

At this point what everyone wants is a platform. We're long overdue with that.

And considering I sold my 3DS a few weeks ago and the PS3 broke down, I'm essentially doing my next gaming purchase based solely on P5.

Moonlight

Banned
Episode 16 y'all

ep16card.jpg

It's time.

Usual feeds.

Armada has an amazing story about Catherine underwear at the end.
Another fun episode (and lovely title card, is there a full picture around?). Still kinda depressed I couldn't be there, heh.

And wasn't really put off by the Nintendo stuff. Really, if anyone deserves getting the piss taken out of them, it's the Persona 5 3DS warriors. Virtually every discussion thread regarding the game just turns into pointless, groundless platform wars at the expense of the actual news or speculation at hand. It's headache-inducing.

Because you know, those lists are 100% accurate all the time.
Bioshock Vita when

Squire

Banned
While you're right. In Persona 5's case it's become the dominant discussion of every thread. We can't even speculate about what the timer site means without people screaming about the 3DS.

Each box is a douche. The site is a slum.

I figured it out! P5 on 3DS confirmed! Takes place in the hood, social link with your homies and use your personas to break fools! The game is co-developed by Rockstar and the Japan-only pre-order bonus is the ghost of 2pac as a persona.

#yearofluigi
#basediwata

Gamerloid

Oh, god...
Do we have enough brain bleach around? I might need a bottle or two.

At this point what everyone wants is a platform. We're long overdue with that.

And considering I sold my 3DS a few weeks ago and the PS3 broke down, I'm essentially basing my next gaming purchase based solely on P5.

If there's 3 announcements, first one needs to be a platform lol. That would already be big news around here.

I'm think it's the Vita. The Vita has access to every Persona game. Atlus seems to have wanted to push the persona series to handhelds. SMT IV on the 3DS, and Persona 5 on the Vita. They'd have two big games on each handheld.

I figured it out! P5 on 3DS confirmed! Takes place in the hood, social link with your homies and use your personas to break fools! The game is co-developed by Rockstar and the Japan-only pre-order bonus is the ghost of 2pac as a persona.
Puke.png

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

#yearofluigi
#basediwata

What, no Biggie?

Rhapsody

Banned
Shame a lot of VAs don't actually play these games, can't really have very geeky discussions with them. :p

Actually kinda makes me sad that they don't. If I was a VA, I'd definitely play whatever game I was featured in.
But I guess all VAs are either busy or just aren't gamers.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Actually kinda makes me sad that they don't. If I was a VA, I'd definitely play whatever game I was featured in.

I think Troy Baker is a pretty big gamer and I know Erin was playing Dragon's Crown based on her twitter.

But that's kinda it, they're usually too busy to be playing a 90+ hour RPG.

Sophia

Physical Skills in Persona 4 are awkward. I was hoping they'd fix them up for Persona 4 Golden, but they only made them worse. I presume Torrent Shot is rated higher because it has three chances to crit.

dkoy

Very much preferred P3(P)'s physical attack system. Three types of physical made things a bit more diverse than just one type. The one thing I really didn't like about P4 was that there were basically multiples abilities for each level of strength for physical attacks that weren't obviously differentiated. And having different critical/hit rates don't count
to me

kewlmyc

Can you blame them? Some of the busier ones would never have time to play every game that featured their voice. Especially a 100hr RPG like Persona 4.

Very much preferred P3(P)'s physical attack system. Three types of physical made things a bit more diverse than just one type. The one thing I really didn't like about P4 was that there were basically multiples abilities for each level of strength for physical attacks that weren't obviously differentiated. And having different critical/hit rates don't count
to me

Same. I wish they bring back 3 kinds of physical attacks in P5.

Necrovex

The Sun Princess in Puppteerer is absoutley adorable! About to complete the second act, and I am having a blast with this game. It is only missing one crucial element though; the support character should have been Miku. Then the game would have been perfect.

sasliquid

Episode 16 y'all

ep16card.jpg

It's time.

Usual feeds.

Armada has an amazing story about Catherine underwear at the end.

Listening now, I only heard my first of the Podcasts a couple of days ago but they're good stuff.

My predictions for the announcement are kinda boring

1. Arena 2 official console announcement/trailer/character reveal
2. Persona 3 Movie 2 Trailer
3. Persona 5
yaysetupfordissapointment

PK Gaming

I think when you compare the relative damage of skills you take the square root of the power and multiply it with number of hits.

Yup

So Cruel Attack has an approximate base power of: 15.49

vs

Torrent Shot which has an approximate base power of: 18.97 or 28.46 (or the average between both numbers, which is 23.72)

By the way, Multi-Hit skills are usually better than Single-Hit skills.

fertygo

P3P's battle system is perfect, they really should bring it back.. the combination thing in P4G is way overdone.. just bring back fusion skill plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom