• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

The Sun Princess in Puppteerer is absoutley adorable! About to complete the second act, and I am having a blast with this game. It is only missing one crucial element though; the support character should have been Miku. Then the game would have been perfect.

She's amazing. The dialogue for her is so well written and acted, it's wonderful. It made me realise how much Nintendo are missing out on by not voicing their characters. They seem dead in comparison to the characters in Puppeteer.

Also, I drew this picture of her and Kutaro as humans. Kutaro should actually be a lot younger than that, but you know, whatever.

Sorry persona 2 but I need some cheery crap right now. KATAMARI TIME

ooh i should draw a persona katamari

You're playing Persona 2? What are your thoughts on it right now?

Meia

Sorry persona 2 but I need some cheery crap right now. KATAMARI TIME

ooh i should draw a persona katamari

YES YOU SHOULD. <3

I have every system, so I don't care what it comes out on, so long as it doesn't sacrifice itself to get it on there. SMT 4 came out good, but I can't see a persona game working, unless we want it to look like Persona 4 does. Don't care about graphics, but would like to have some kind of "going forward" thing with it. And yet, I can see it just because of how lauded handhelds are over there now. :(

I didn't mind what they did with physicals in 4, but they didn't have enough time between games to make anything of it really. Instead you have the same skills, but without the niches they may have originally had. In terms of types, I found myself using Rampage way longer than I probably should have simply because of the chance for it to hit multiple times. You kind of have a crap system when you find yourself using an AoE spell to hit one target just because it can do a LOT more damage than a skill of even the next level. Imagine a Maragi doing more damage than an Agilao overall to a single target boss, it'd be silly.

I think you really only need 2 physicals, blunt and edge, and would like to see at least earth return as an element.

Dantis

Eh I haven't even got to a combat scenario yet. But the intro cutscene looked fucking baller, and it's more immediately interesting than Persona 1!

P2's PSP opening is probably my second favourite opening across the whole series. Unbreakable Tie is an incredible song too.

The actual game picks up once you hit the first boss. That's when it really starts to get interesting.

Also, find a contact guide and turn on animation skip.

I'll never understand why Mitsuru's attack type is Slash and not Pierce. You're not gonna get very far trying to slash people with a rapier, silly girl.

P2's PSP opening is probably my second favourite opening across the whole series. Unbreakable Tie is an incredible song too.

The actual game picks up once you hit the first boss. That's when it really starts to get interesting.

Also, find a contact guide and turn on animation skip.

You can do that in Persona 2 too? That's good, it singlehandedly saved Persona for me.
I would have dropped it otherwise.

About 60% through currently, about to
enter the castle where that kid's hiding.

Mr. Bunbun!

pic-25.jpg

be afraid

Dantis

Not going to lie, I thought the Mr Bunbun stuff was really dumb.

The part in the bomb shelter where
Maya works out how to escape, and her theme kicks in
is excellent though. Made me wish P3 and P4 had character themes (I think I've mentioned that as something I'd like to see in P5, as an aside).

You can do that in Persona 2 too? That's good, it singlehandedly saved Persona for me.
I would have dropped it otherwise.

About 60% through currently, about to
enter the castle where that kid's hiding.

Be warned that P2 is slower. Horrendous load times too. It's more bearable though because it's a drastically superior game. Mostly because P2 actually has a story.

kewlmyc

I started P2:IS a while ago and stopped playing around the time you first get your persona and meet the Joker. Haven't played in 3 weeks due to marathoning Breaking Bad before it ended. I liked what I saw of P2, so I'll probably head back within the next week or so. I was told on another website that you can just roll with the personas you get through hand-me-downs and be fine the whole game. Is that true?

cjkeats

I started P2:IS a while ago and stopped playing around the time you first get your persona and meet the Joker. Haven't played in 3 weeks due to marathoning Breaking Bad before it ended. I liked what I saw of P2, so I'll probably head back within the next week or so. I was told on another website that you can just roll with the personas you get through hand-me-downs and be fine the whole game. Is that true?

Pretty much. I used them all except for one boss I gave Eikichi Minotaur like the guide suggested. Other than that I rolled with the defaults, until the ultimates and then rolled with them right through the rest.

Not going to lie, I thought the Mr Bunbun stuff was really dumb.

The part in the bomb shelter where
Maya works out how to escape, and her theme kicks in
is excellent though. Made me wish P3 and P4 had character themes (I think I've mentioned that as something I'd like to see in P5, as an aside).

Be warned that P2 is slower. Horrendous load times too. It's more bearable though because it's a drastically superior game. Mostly because P2 actually has a story.

Exactly, that's why Tatsuya laughed.

For IS, you can play the entire game with just the Personas they give you in the story, make sure to make the right choices to get the Prime Personas, and to find all the masks in the mountain cave for the Ultimate Personas.

For EP, you will need to fuse a bit, so I might suggest practicing negotiation in IS, though EP has simpler negotiation, practice is good yo.

Meia

For EP, you will need to fuse a bit, so I might suggest practicing negotiation in IS, though EP has simpler negotiation, practice is good yo.

The real problem with EP is I don't think there are any guides nearly as good as the spoiler free one available for it. :p

PK Gaming

The real problem with EP is I don't think there are any guides nearly as good as the spoiler free one available for it. :p

Yeah most of them are pretty underwhelming. Especially that "main" guide that expects you to grind for X amount of hours.

lmao

Did... you all use guides? Contacting demons never seemed to be a problem after some trial and error... there's only so many things they say so once you figured out the answers you just gotta repeat over again.

Just finished EP, after some super easy bosses the final one was a major pain in the butt. Overall I preferred EP to IS if only because I actually had to use all the stuff the game offered. Don't think I even bought gear in IS, and only summoned like three personas, and only 'cos I missed one of the ultimate ones. EP was pretty tricky for a while, mind. I wasn't sure when was the best time to summon new personas 'cos unlike with fusion in later games where you can just keep fusing new stuff, you gotta be more careful not to waste a bunch of cards... I really like fusion anyway but this made me appreciate it even more :p.

Oh, and Ulala is a boss. Heck all of them are really.

Though not a huge Persona knowleadgable man, as I have never played P1/2, I loved P4G and tolerated P3 (not being able to control party members was killing me). I've also played two SMT games. And by played I mean gotten my ass kicked.

So yeah. Cannot wait for P5. If that's what truly is gonna be announced.Pleasure to meet all of you.

fertygo

Are the PSX game still the best way to play EP? Wish Atlus can make it easy with also localizing PSP game but maybe I should grateful enough with IS

Tamanon

Banned
Are the PSX game still the best way to play EP? Wish Atlus can make it easy with also localizing PSP game but maybe I should grateful enough with IS

You can get it off PSN now, it's still the old version. But honestly, that's a perfectly fine version, IMO.

There's something endearing about "It's whoopass time" in horrible audio quality.

PK Gaming

Did... you all use guides? Contacting demons never seemed to be a problem after some trial and error... there's only so many things they say so once you figured out the answers you just gotta repeat over again.

Just finished EP, after some super easy bosses the final one was a major pain in the butt. Overall I preferred EP to IS if only because I actually had to use all the stuff the game offered. Don't think I even bought gear in IS, and only summoned like three personas, and only 'cos I missed one of the ultimate ones. EP was pretty tricky for a while, mind. I wasn't sure when was the best time to summon new personas 'cos unlike with fusion in later games where you can just keep fusing new stuff, you gotta be more careful not to waste a bunch of cards... I really like fusion anyway but this made me appreciate it even more :p.

Oh, and Ulala is a boss. Heck all of them are really.

How did you like the story? More importantly, what did you think of the ending?

Guides are overrated. I can figure out the contact options on my own thank you very much. >_>;
Yeah, admittedly I looked up what some moves did, a couple of fusion spells and just how much I had to give that lucky cat (it had to do something, right? :p) But other than that no guide.
You can get it off PSN now, it's still the old version. But honestly, that's a perfectly fine version, IMO.

There's something endearing about "It's whoopass time" in horrible audio quality.
WHOOPASS COMPLETED

Young Magus

Each box is a douche. The site is a slum.

I figured it out! P5 on 3DS confirmed! Takes place in the hood, social link with your homies and use your personas to break fools! The game is co-developed by Rockstar and the Japan-only pre-order bonus is the ghost of 2pac as a persona.

#yearofluigi
#basediwata

Ron pls
His arcana would be Death :p

How did you like the story? More importantly, what did you think of the ending?
The story I thought was great, there's always some crazy crap going on, characters are top notch and super likable, and I think I've said before just how much I love the whole Persona... 'lore', I guess? Dunno if that's the right word. As for the ending
dunno if I have a strong opinion on it right now, I was more happy I finally beat that boss' ass :p. It went as expected, I guess? Now IS' ending, that was nuts, I was like WHAT. And yeah I remember before I played P2 I asked if Nyarlathotep was much of a different entity to the final bosses of 3 and 4 and got kind of a mixed response. When it comes down to it they seem like pretty much the same thing to me.

cj_iwakura

P1 has a pretty solid story, I think. It's just executed in a strange way. At its core, it's good stuff.

Also, I've beaten EP four times. I use a contact guide. Consider that.

The story I thought was great, there's always some crazy crap going on, characters are top notch and super likable, and I think I've said before just how much I love the whole Persona... 'lore', I guess? Dunno if that's the right word. As for the ending
dunno if I have a strong opinion on it right now, I was more happy I finally beat that boss' ass :p. It went as expected, I guess? Now IS' ending, that was nuts, I was like WHAT. And yeah I remember before I played P2 I asked if Nyarlathotep was much of a different entity to the final bosses of 3 and 4 and got kind of a mixed response. When it comes down to it they seem like pretty much the same thing to me.

NEVERMIND :X

Necrovex

She's amazing. The dialogue for her is so well written and acted, it's wonderful. It made me realise how much Nintendo are missing out on by not voicing their characters. They seem dead in comparison to the characters in Puppeteer.

Also, I drew this picture of her and Kutaro as humans. Kutaro should actually be a lot younger than that, but you know, whatever.

Digging the Doujinshi art.

Kutaro should be holding a TRIIIIIIIDEEEEENNNNNNT!

I'm kinda liking the story in Persona too, even if it's really sparse.
I'm still sad that I
lost the chance to get Eriko in the party though :(

I'm already past 70% of the game, I'm afraid it's too late to start that XD

EDIT: Oh you mean a replay? Sure, can happen someday :p

It's a whole separate, short, but harder story mode. You can only do the main one, or the Snow Queen story, not both. Both stories are canon, if you care about that sort of thing. Also, a character you are forced to use in that, that you cant use in the main story past a certain point, has more significance in Persona 2. If you aren't feeling up for it at all, you can move on to P2IS when you feel ready, but its a good chance to play Eriko and such.

cjkeats

Shin, ask buddha that question you were asking on twitter I said "I bet buddha or PK will know" while he's here. Something about blocking charm I think?

EDIT: ah, right: "Let's try again on Twitter... any way of getting charm immunity in Persona PSP?"

It's a whole separate, short, but harder story mode. You can only do the main one, or the Snow Queen story, not both. Both stories are canon, if you care about that sort of thing. Also, a character you are forced to use in that, that you cant use in the main story past a certain point, has more significance in Persona 2. If you aren't feeling up for it at all, you can move on to P2IS when you feel ready, but its a good chance to play Eriko and such.

Hmm, I doubt I'll be in the mood of replaying the game to do the Snow Queen quest right after I'm finished with the main one. For now I'll move on to IS then in the future I'll replay Persona to do the Snow Queen quest.

Shin, ask buddha that question you were asking on twitter I said "I bet buddha or PK will know" while he's here. Something about blocking charm I think?

EDIT: ah, right: "Let's try again on Twitter... any way of getting charm immunity in Persona PSP?"

I got an answer on Twitter, I need to equip a Persona that reflects status spells.
There are no items that give you status immunities like in Persona 3 and 4.

Oh. I told this to jello in the IRC. Should have told you here!

Lilim has a natural resist or null to charm. All Fool class Personas are resistant to status ailments, all Hermit class Personas naturally reflect status ailments.

The game doesn't list any of this btw

cj_iwakura

Crafting my perfect Persona team to take on Elizabeth was the most fun I've ever had playing P3. I wish Margaret had required that kind of prep work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom