• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was anyone else severely let down with the way that SEES were portrayed in P4A? I've recently completed it, and Akihiko has lost his charm, while Mitsuru has become Queen OP whose persona can do everything and only loses when she's going easy on people.
I liked how well developed Labrys was, but I'm concerned that they'll ruin Junpei and Yukari as well as the Investigation Team.

While we're at it, why doesn't OP post P4G for P4, and FES for P3? They're the best versions.

Sophia

Akihiko I can see a little bit (his Deadpan Snarker role was mostly given to Aigis) but Mitsuru's Persona didn't do anything she couldn't do before.

Akihiko I can see a little bit (his Deadpan Snarker role was mostly given to Aigis) but Mitsuru's Persona didn't do anything she couldn't do before.
Well, Teddie (who also has out of combat skills) can't sniff out the others, but Mitsuru is capable of contacting them.
As far as I'm aware, she also heals Yu in her story, and can block detection from Rise (who has a full support Persona) as well as being trained in combat. Usually her skills outside of combat would be extremely weak...

I haven't played P3 in forever, but I don't remember her being able to do everything.

Dantis

Was anyone else severely let down with the way that SEES were portrayed in P4A? I've recently completed it, and Akihiko has lost his charm, while Mitsuru has become Queen OP whose persona can do everything and only loses when she's going easy on people.
I liked how well developed Labrys was, but I'm concerned that they'll ruin Junpei and Yukari as well as the Investigation Team.

Yes.

Meia

Honestly, of anything to bother me about Arena's story, Mitsuru definitely isn't one of it. Of ANYONE of either cast, she's known about personas themselves the longest, so it would be fitting for her to know the most tricks and be the most familiar with all the ins and outs of them, really. Given her past, that she'd train to be a front line fighter isn't out of the question, and she seems rather proficient with her weapon anyway. She also WAS a healer in 3, or close to a full one anyway.

If anything she may seem uber simply because they didn't do much to alter her skill set. She didn't lose her element completely like Chie or Teddie did, so there's that.

But yeah, Arena is a case of "We have to tell the character's stories in the span of a fighting game instead of over the span of a hundred hour rpg", so it's not surprising that a hell of a lot of the subtlety of each character got butchered and they were knocked down to their most basic aspects. I WISH we got an RPG that covered all of Arena's story, but doubt that's in the cards, just have to hope a sequel does a better job in the story telling department(Labrys was probably my favorite part of the game, personally. Aigis was also great as always, as was Naoto).

Sophia

Well, Teddie (who also has out of combat skills) can't sniff out the others, but Mitsuru is capable of contacting them.
As far as I'm aware, she also heals Yu in her story, and can block detection from Rise (who has a full support Persona) as well as being trained in combat. Usually her skills outside of combat would be extremely weak...

I haven't played P3 in forever, but I don't remember her being able to do everything.

Those are all things she has been capable of doing and has shown demonstrating in Persona 3. Teddie never had the ability to communicate directly like Mitsuru and Rise, he just had his sniffing skills serve a similar purpose.

Remember, the fake Yasogami High is not the same size as Tartarus. It's three floors at best and you could go up to like... floor 70 of Tartarus before her Persona abilities became useless. :p

Also, her ability in Arena is still bad. It takes making direct contact with Rise before it starts to have significant use.

But yeah, Arena is a case of "We have to tell the character's stories in the span of a fighting game instead of over the span of a hundred hour rpg", so it's not surprising that a hell of a lot of the subtlety of each character got butchered and they were knocked down to their most basic aspects. I WISH we got an RPG that covered all of Arena's story, but doubt that's in the cards, just have to hope a sequel does a better job in the story telling department(Labrys was probably my favorite part of the game, personally. Aigis was also great as always, as was Naoto).

I've said this before, but I feel like Yukiko and Yu got the short end of the stick the most. Their characterization was basically nil. Kanji too, but at least his story mode was funny.

Well that's true, perhaps it's just a combination of my bad memory coupled with putting a jack of all trades with the P4 cast. Though regardless, my impressions of the new SEES cast aren't positive.

I'd actually go back to play P3 to see if she could do everything you're saying she can do, but I honestly don't want to cry bitch tears at the ending again.

Oh. I told this to jello in the IRC. Should have told you here!

Lilim has a natural resist or null to charm. All Fool class Personas are resistant to status ailments, all Hermit class Personas naturally reflect status ailments.

The game doesn't list any of this btw

I managed to make Nao reflect charm and Nanjo block it, now that I have Mediarama too I'm set for life! :p

Just entered
Deva Yuga
, almost there...

Mediarama is a good name for an entertainment blog. That's never occurred to me before.

Also good for a Big Bang Theory catchphrase.

p4oWlpL.jpg

CmdBash

Do the first 3 games in the persona series games get heavy discount sales on psn often? I want to play them on the glorious oled vita screen. p3p is $43.95 on the store .____. wtf...

Meia

Well that's true, perhaps it's just a combination of my bad memory coupled with putting a jack of all trades with the P4 cast. Though regardless, my impressions of the new SEES cast aren't positive.

I'd actually go back to play P3 to see if she could do everything you're saying she can do, but I honestly don't want to cry bitch tears at the ending again.

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Artemisia

She has every rank of single target heal spell, all Ice levels(barring severe) and boost/amp, and she even gets Mind Charge to boot. Of course this is also considering she has very limited sensing abilities with her Persona as well.

Funnily enough, I guess her skillset is kind of closer to Teddie's, but Teddie gets AoE heals instead of Marin fucking Karin.

It's actually kind of weird how they decided to mix up all the skills of the cast of 4, while 3's seemed kind of more focused. I guess it's because you would feel compelled to use Aki/Aigis if you didn't feel like buffing/debuffing yourself, so they kind of gave those abilities to your party members, but spread out.

Pineapple is pretty damn versatile. It's AWESOME in some beef/broccoli stir-fry.

Meia

BTW, is anyone else doing the myriad kickstarters that are available? I'm finding myself spending more on that lately than buying actual console games.

I put down $95 for Mighty Number 9 for example, yet I find myself having no interest buying GTA V.

BTW, is anyone else doing the myriad kickstarters that are available? I'm finding myself spending more on that lately than buying actual console games.

I put down $95 for Mighty Number 9 for example, yet I find myself having no interest buying GTA V.

I only contributed to one kickstarter so far, Pier Solar HD for Dreamcast.
All the others I was interested into were sure to make it so I didn't see the need to contribute early.

I kinda wanted to get Mighty No.9 NES cart shaped USB memory sticks, but after seeing the cost I didn't get them.

Meia

Awwh, not this shit again.

WRONG. WRONG. WRONG. Pineapple on pizza is gross. BRB, gonna make a meatfeast.

Eh. I go to a stir fry place in the mall that you kind of choose what you want to put in a bowl and have them cook it in front of you. Broccoli + onions + garlic + pineapple + teriyaki sauce + double steak = yum.

heh Narukami poker face humour never gets old.

So remember that friend of mine who was going to watch P4 animation? I got him to play the game first. Few hours in and he called Chie an obnoxious bitch, though he doesn't seem to hate it so far. lol

Time to stab your friend with a spoon.

dkoy

heh Narukami poker face humour never gets old.

So remember that friend of mine who was going to watch P4 animation? I got him to play the game first. Few hours in and he called Chie an obnoxious bitch, though he doesn't seem to hate it so far. lol

Pineapple is best served alone. On Pizza is ok (since I'm used to it) but in stir fry? that's just ewwww

Time to stab your friend with a spoon.

image.php

Sorry if this was already posted, but holy shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVeW3I9bj5E
LOL that's great
Also good for a Big Bang Theory catchphrase.

p4oWlpL.jpg
Probably one of the only times anything BBT related has ever made me laugh

*laughtrack starts laughing*

But seriously I do not care for that show at all

*laughtrack continues laughing, even harder now*
Only the best pizzas have pineapple on them!
It's hard to say FACT in the title of your post when everyone knows this is lies and slander :p

kewlmyc

After Ouya, I don't throw any money toward Kickstarters anymore. Especially if I already know that they'll make their budget. I'll buy it when it's released on Steam and probably Vita though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom