• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

Come to think of it, a Japanese game having a female character looking like this would be a miracle in and of itself.

Ks995vr.jpg

Even Suda himself has given into the otaku cash lure.

cj_iwakura

Okay, I'm sure someone remembers this stupid puzzle, it's even been in a Persona game I think...

xCV9QcX.jpg

If I recall, hit means it's the right number in the right spot, and blow means the right number in the wrong spot? (Yeah, try solving this in a Japanese-only game.)

The solution changes every time. I can't cheese my way through it.

In a dream world, this would be P5's setting.

I don't think that Suda 51's trips would mix well with Persona, at all...

It would be a nice breath of fresh air after two games of anime anime anime.
(I like P3 and P4, but let's not deny what it is.)

No denying, and there's nothing wrong with that.
The artstyle is one of the reasons I like the series so much.

I still need to get around to playing the Raidou games. They're among the only MegaTen games I haven't played.

Same here, I should really play them too but... backlog! :p

NOPE!

Original's battle theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppx1keDjd68

and boss theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx_4kAybjHI

the first minute is just an intro that skipped when you hit BATTLE in the original

Very interesting!

King Fost

Neo Member
I always thought P4's campiness was a nice fresh of air. It seemed that unlike P3, it was self aware on how ridiculous or silly it could be sometimes and embraced it, kind of like RE4. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong though.

I hope the next game does contain plenty of humor though. The Persona games are some of the few games to actually make me laugh or at least chuckle plenty.

Raidou 2 has the best negotiation system ever. It will never be as minimal in frustration. Screw up a choice? Demon's got your back.

I don't remember me hating the negotiation system(it's been years since I have touched it), it was the actual combat I hated. Game would have been sooo much better if it was turned based. The combat felt so half baked to me. I hope they give it another try though(and I definitely think they will, I'm willing to bet money that a non turned based Megaten game is the going to be the next big thing "new" thing Atlus comes out with).

I always thought P4's campiness was a nice fresh of air. It seemed that unlike P3, it was self aware on how ridiculous or silly it could be sometimes and embraced it, kind of like RE4. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong though.

I hope the next game does contain plenty of humor though. The Persona games are some of the few games to actually make me laugh or at least chuckle plenty.

Well, all of Atlus games have humor in some shape of form.

Soriku

It would've been nice if Raidou had more moves (something like artes from Tales games would've been nice) but otherwise, for an attempt at an action RPG from a company that mainly makes turn based games, Raidou 2 had a very good battle system. Some good bosses in that game.

It would've been nice if Raidou had more moves (something like artes from Tales games would've been nice) but otherwise, for an attempt at an action RPG from a company that mainly makes turn based games, Raidou 2 had a very good battle system. Some good bosses in that game.

Which is why I think they'll give it another try and why I'm willing to bet that's the next new megaten IP they are working on.

Ever play Raidou 1, 9th? Combat in 2 was godly compared to it, much more fluid and improved. just imagine 1's combat based on that info...

Ever play Raidou 1, 9th? Combat in 2 was godly compared to it, much more fluid and improved. just imagine 1's combat based on that info...

No, I still enjoyed the game, it just wasn't up to SMT standards(I feel like mainline SMT are the best turned based RPGS in video game history from a combat perspective so I was expecting raidou to blow me away with it's real time action based combat). I definitely think they need to give it another go. Maybe not raidou but another game with a similar concept. Definitely need to play it again.

Hey guys wanna do something fun?
Wishlist you're own persona 5 cast go!
Protagonist: Runaway who came to a new city with his best friend and becomes embroiled in a huge (as of yet unhashed) adventure
  • Arcana: Fool
  • Starting Persona: Ptah
  • Ultimate Persona: Amun-Ptah
  • Weapon: Staves and war scepters

Chitosi Shimazu: Protagonsits childhood friend and big sister/mother figure who has taken care of him since they were children seems slightly angsty and hostile to strangers but legitimately outgoing and warm to people that she gets to know. incredibly intelligent but doesn't really show it. Is the initial analyzer until a new member of the cast comes in. A bit older than the rest of the cast (she already graduated High School)
  • Arcana: Empress
  • Starting Persona: Seshat
  • Ultimate Persona: Hathor
  • Weapon: Broadswords
  • Specialty: Wind Magic and Status Effects, some healing

Ayano Ito: Girl that Protag and Chitosi meet at the new school, is a huge tomboy in all the ways Chie isn't, she loves video games and manga. Can be insenstive and oblivious at times, but has the best intentions. Clearly has a thing for the Protag but is incredibly awkward about it.
  • Arcana: Lovers
  • Starting Persona: Sekhmet
  • Ultimate Persona: Astarte
  • Weapon: Daggers
  • Specialty: Healing, and Physical damage, some fire damage

Chung-Hyun Song: Korean transfer student who immediately gets embroiled in the action. He seems hot-headed and brash to the rest of the cast. Girl-chaser. Has a bit of a hard time adapting to his new surroundings.
  • Arcana: Chariot
  • Starting Persona: Yam
  • Ultimate Persona: Melqart
  • Weapon: Spear
  • Specialty: Tank, Ice Damage, some physical Damage

Pedro Hirado: plays the "best friend" character role. slightly overweight. madly in love with Chitosi. Is of full Japanese ancestry and was born in Japan but his parents were born and raised in Brazil. Hopeless Romantic, but unsure of himself and has low self-esteem. goofball. Bonds with Chung because their outcast natures being seen as foreigners.
  • Arcana: Magician
  • Starting Persona: Thoth
  • Ultimate Persona: Lord Kemennu-Thoth
  • Weapon: none
  • Specialty: Full time analyst

That's all I got so far

Protagonist: Homeschooled teen who has to start attending highschool after his single mother passes away from an illness. This explains the initial lack of social stats as well as determination to form bonds.

• Arcana: Fool
  • Starting Persona: Fujin
  • Ultimate Persona: Garuda
  • Weapon: Sai
  • Specialty: Garu spells

Naruhodo Suzuki: The protag's best friend who helped him adjust to school life. Incredibly perceptive and intelligent, yet outgoing and friendly. Quick to snark when frustrated or annoyed.

• Arcana: Sun
  • Starting Persona: Raijin
  • Ultimate Persona: Lei Gong
  • Weapon: Tonfa
  • Specialty: Zio spells and buffs

Nita Lightfoot: A Metis exchange student from North America who warms up to the protagonist quickly due to their similar situations. Very shy and reserved at first, but pleasant and fiery once warmed up to the group.

• Arcana: Moon
  • Starting Persona: Sedna
  • Ultimate Persona: Ithaqua
  • Weapon: Tomahawk
  • Specialty: Bufu spells and strong physical skills

Kyofu Takahashi: Goth third-year who uses hides from his insecurities in his clique, and masks his true goofy nature behind a mask of apathy. Slowly becomes less and less serious as he leaves his goth friends for the main group, and shows an excellent sense of humour.

• Arcana: Death
  • Starting Persona: Menoetius
  • Ultimate Persona: Pluton
  • Weapon: IEDs
  • Specialty: Agi and Mudo spells, debuffs

Setsuko Kohaku: An outwardly warm, cheery girl who joins the protag's class after advancing a grade due to her high intelligence. She suffers from bipolar disorder and takes medication to maintain normalcy, but eventually suffers a traumatic even late in the game that causes her to develop a split personality.

• Arcana: Judgement
  • Starting Persona: Attar
  • Ultimate Persona: Helel/Lucifer (can switch between the two)
  • Weapon: Dual blades
  • Specialty: Garu and Almighty skills as Helel, Bufu and physical skills as Lucifer

Hikari Motochika: A slightly ditzy class clown who is initially alienated by the amount of attention the protag receives, but then joins the group after suffering a personal tragedy and realizing that he doesn't have to be the centre of the universe. His father is a police officer who crosses paths with the main group.

• Arcana: Magician
  • Starting Persona: Midas
  • Ultimate Persona: El Dorado
  • Weapon: Riot shield
  • Specialty: Zio spells and healing

Hao Yoshimaru: An athletic senior who is known for being incredibly wise and empathetic, being able to talk with his peers as if he were a psychologist and aid them with their worries. Joins the group after figuring out the truth behind their activities and acts as analyst, with his Persona being all-seeing and omniscient in its final form.

• Arcana: Strength
  • Starting Persona: Atlas
  • Ultimate Persona: Aether
  • Weapon: None
  • Specialty: Analysis and support

Dio/Mio Aishi: A shy boy who is bullied a lot and harbours insecurities over his gender. Once joining the group, he decides to face his fears and begins transitioning into a female, becoming one of the protag's closest friends in the process.

• Arcana: Lovers
  • Starting Persona: Eros
  • Ultimate Persona: Aphrodite
  • Weapon: Kusarigama (sickle and chain)
  • Specialty: Healing, strong physical skills and Agi spells

I went for a global mythology theme, as I like the idea of different cultures and people banding together to achieve great things.

Gazoinks

I like how being the Magician Arcana basically condemns you to a character arc in which you come to terms with being second banana to the MC.

dkoy

Did you guys make those up or did you adapt them from other sources? I do agree though that they should change the main cast's arcana away from the ones they've done before.

Did you guys make those up or did you adapt them from other sources? I do agree though that they should change the main cast's arcana away from the ones they've done before.

We made 'em up. Give credit to Scrambles though; he at least stuck with a mythological theme instead of cramming cool deities from wherever because of laziness ;)

Well this is depressing. I've been trying to get a platinum on P4G. I'm near the end of my second playthrough. I knew I'd need at least a third one when I started my second. I failed to get all of the books read, max all S. Links, and I couldn't fight Margaret because I didn't get the full ending on my first playthrough...

Is it possible to read all books and max all S. Links on my third playthrough?

fertygo

Come to think of it, a Japanese game having a female character looking like this would be a miracle in and of itself.

Ks995vr.jpg

I'm sorry but that design looked fugly, thanks god we won't get that..
I'm sure someone can give better example of adult kanekoesque style instead this.

dkoy

Well this is depressing. I've been trying to get a platinum on P4G. I'm near the end of my second playthrough. I knew I'd need at least a third one when I started my second. I failed to get all of the books read, max all S. Links, and I couldn't fight Margaret because I didn't get the full ending on my first playthrough...

It's possible to do both in the same playthrough. Have to use a guide though unless you're crazy good at planning things

I got the Vampire Detective book, but it seems like I missed a book. I'm in early December. Is there more books that come out to read later on or should I have read them all by now?

Ks995vr.jpg

Same-size fish in a shrinking pond.

What is Kaneko even... doing? He's still employed at Atlus, right? Has he worked on any of their recent releases?

Here's a tumblr that's had some info now and again. A lot of it seems like it's from pre-SMT4 launch though.

Sophia

Why didn't you get the full ending? o_O;

Meia

It's possible to do both in the same playthrough. Have to use a guide though unless you're crazy good at planning things

Yep. There's a few guides out there for a max social link playthrough. It's not hard, but you really can't deviate from it. Some even include reading books/doing stuff to make sure you get all the books. Those strength books are a pain in the ass if you pick basketball...

Left with four party members to go through the
forest
for a second time >_>

I'm getting horribly slaughtered by Hell Eyes spell (instant death), cast by multiple enemies here.
I already game overed 4 times, and I don't have anything to countermeasure it.

Annoying... >_>

EDIT: Managed to get to the final save point of the dungeon, got ambushed and killed again. Mgrmgrmgr...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom