• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest though, cats are awful awful people.

Actually, this brings up a minor thing I really liked about the ending of P4 (killer and ending spoilers):
Adachi gives up. Y'know, in most stories the villain is all "You'll pay for this I'll be back just watch me!", but once Adachi is defeated he seems pretty resigned to his fate. It's a small thing, but I thought it was a nice touch both for Adachi's character and closure in general. Hence why I hope he doesn't show up in Arena unless it's ME taking his form or something.

Ooooooooorrrrrrrrr,

It could be reformed Adachi, finally fighting for truth, justice, and procrastination

Adachi was my favorite character until I found out that he was the killer :(

Gazoinks

To be honest though, cats are awful awful people.

Ooooooooorrrrrrrrr,

It could be reformed Adachi, finally fighting for truth, justice, and procrastination

Adachi was my favorite character until I found out that he was the killer :(

That could actually be kinda cool, if they handled it well.
I wonder how he'd play since his Persona was Reverse Izanagi.

I'm still in favor of Dojima with Nanako for the next Arena character.

Also Cats > Dogs.

Magatsu Izanagi could definitely have a different move set than regular Izanagi, or they could have his persona/arcana change in response to his change in outlook

Meia

We have pet raccoons.

And by pet, I mean they live in my attic and destroy everything. Favorite experience of this year was waking up to a bang from the closet, grabbing a flash light and looking in only to see one looking out back at me before nonchalantly turning around and leaving.

We have pet raccoons.

And by pet, I mean they live in my attic and destroy everything. Favorite experience of this year was waking up to a bang from the closet, grabbing a flash light and looking in only to see one looking out back at me before nonchalantly turning around and leaving.

Dude raccoons are the worst, not only do they carry disease like nobody's business, they are also one of the most aggressive animals ever. I've seen a raccoon kick the hell out of a dog twice it's size

Gazoinks

Dude raccoons are the worst, not only do they carry disease like nobody's business, they are also one of the most aggressive animals ever. I've seen a raccoon kick the hell out of a dog twice it's size

When I was little I always wanted a pet raccoon because I read a book about a kid who had one.

Soriku

We have pet raccoons.

What a badass.

Speaking of facing yourself to obtain a Persona... I'm already aware of and accept my flaws
I have none

If I'm also working on them, does this mean I can get a Persona without fighting my shadow?

Gazoinks

Speaking of facing yourself to obtain a Persona... I'm already aware of and accept my flaws
I have none

If I'm also working on them, does this mean I can get a Persona without fighting my shadow?

I think the implication in P4 was that your Persona is your shadow, just sort of absorbed into you. That's what I got from it, at least.

That being said, there're obviously other ways of getting Personas: Philemon, Izanami, and wherever they come from in P3

cjkeats

I'm already aware of and accept my flaws
I have none

image.php

Meia

I think the implication in P4 was that your Persona is your shadow, just sort of absorbed into you. That's what I got from it, at least.

That being said, there're obviously other ways of getting Personas: Philemon, Izanami, and wherever they come from in P3

I actually wonder after the events of P4G if
Marie also has the ability to give a persona to someone. Izanami and Marie were kind of one and the same, and now Marie has all of her abilities back. Doesn't that make Marie an awful lot like Philemon now?

And no flaws? Are you SURE you have nothing that you hide from anyone else that would embarrass you enough to make you deny it in front of someone? :p

Gazoinks

I actually wonder after the events of P4G if
Marie also has the ability to give a persona to someone. Izanami and Marie were kind of one and the same, and now Marie has all of her abilities back. Doesn't that make Marie an awful lot like Philemon now?

And no flaws? Are you SURE you have nothing that you hide from anyone else that would embarrass you enough to make you deny it in front of someone? :p

Calling P5 plot now:
Marie transforms into a new Philemon and then Maya, Tatsuya, and Pierced Boy come back and form into a giant robot with Yu. Then they beat up Nyarlathotep and it's awesome.

Well, there is my collection of vegetables that are shaped like Borris Johnson. But that's a normal, regular guy collection.
So no, pretty much perfect. Persona, please.

PK Gaming

I have none

There's more than one

You could:

Play the Persona game™

OR

Agree to getting experimented by the Kirijo group

OR

Accept death or some shit that involves going through some past trauma

Boris Johnson has emerged from the sea of your soul.

His Arcana type and abilities?
He could probably yell nonsense at the shadows until they bugger off.

Or you could become a robot.

My impression of robots has been forever ruined thanks to Aigis' final social link.
1-9, she was shaping up to be one of the top three Persona girls, and then suddenly... "I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU. EVEN IF YOU DIE I'M NOT LEAVING YOU. TOUCH MY COMPONENTS, MC. YOUR DNA WILL BE ON ME FOREVER AND I'LL NEVER WASH IT OFF".

Gamerloid

Sorry I'm late PersonaGAF. When I said I got something y'all couldn't guess, it's a Vita:

Also got the travel pouch and 32GB memory card. Headset comes tomorrow. I said I would get one late this year or early next year, but an awesome deal on Newegg got me to purchase it now. Total is $287, which is the price of a Vita and a 32GB memory card alone lol

Squire

Banned
Sorry I'm late PersonaGAF. When I said I got something y'all couldn't guess, it's a Vita:

Also got the travel pouch and 32GB memory card. Headset comes tomorrow. I said I would get one late this year or early next year, but an awesome deal on Newegg got me to purchase it now. Total is $287, which is the price of a Vita and a 32GB memory card alone lol

Sweet.

P4G is $20 on PSN right now. (In the US.)

Gamerloid

Sweet.

P4G is $20 on PSN right now. (In the US.)

Yeah, I made sure to purchase it. Since I played P4, I probably won't play this for a while seeing I spent 100 hours on the original. Lol.

Just bought P3P. I'll probably start it today or tomorrow. First time playing it!

what about p1 or p2is or p2ep

Only play those either if, you have an appreciation for old school jrpgs and don't mind random encounter heavy, flawed, games, or if you really want more persona stories.

still, P2EP > ALL yo

Gamerloid

what about p1 or p2is or p2ep

Only play those either if, you have an appreciation for old school jrpgs and don't mind random encounter heavy, flawed, games, or if you really want more persona stories.

still, P2EP > ALL yo

I'll play those eventually. I have enough games for now, so I'll save the money instead of spending a lot at once. Might go on sale later on as well.

I'll definitely play them though. Old school JRPGs are fine by me.

Trigger

The Walking Dead is awesome. You're in for a treat.

Jintor

My impression of robots has been forever ruined thanks to Aigis' final social link.
1-9, she was shaping up to be one of the top three Persona girls, and then suddenly... "I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU. EVEN IF YOU DIE I'M NOT LEAVING YOU. TOUCH MY COMPONENTS, MC. YOUR DNA WILL BE ON ME FOREVER AND I'LL NEVER WASH IT OFF".

Come now, we've all known girls (or guys) (or sentient robots) like that. Outwardly normal and then woah WOAH WOAH MOVING TOO SUDDENLY I gotta go visit my folks on... the other side of the continent BYE

EMT0

Banned

Come now, we've all known girls (or guys) (or sentient robots) like that. Outwardly normal and then woah WOAH WOAH MOVING TOO SUDDENLY I gotta go visit my folks on... the other side of the continent BYE

I never completed Aigis' S-Link......huh. Well then.

EMT0

Banned
And why not? :|

Something about the additional voice acting added to Persona 3 Portable in that scene makes it awkward. I preferred it without voices.

I ran out of time and didn't know that having a Persona of the same Arcana boosts the rate of S-Link gains. I ran through all of Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden like this...

1256741400407.gif

I want to say that P3 invented robot fingering, but I'm sure the someone in some dark corner of the internet pioneered the concept s long time ago :/

Anywho, I got someone besides the MC up to level 99 in P3 for the first time!

WAT0ah8l.jpg

His ultimate sword's still in the shop and his Persona has yet to evolve in this playthrough, but I'm certain he'll wreck shop once everything falls into place.

I'm also planning on getting Ken and Shinji up to level 99 because lulz.

Sophia

I ran out of time and didn't know that having a Persona of the same Arcana boosts the rate of S-Link gains. I ran through all of Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden like this...

Luckily, you don't need an Aeon Arcana persona for Aigis, as hers is auto-rank up on meeting.

PK Gaming

I maxed out her social link immediately. In fact, I was on the fast track to maxing Aki / Mitsuru, but recklessly ignored them for Aigis.

Lesbian!Aigis is fun

still, P2EP > ALL yo

It will be a glorious crescendo! :D

Almost done with Persona, I'm at
the cave dungeon, with only TWO characters, DAMN!

After that, break with La Mulana, then Innocent Sin, then another break with Corpse Party (or Analogue: A hate story if it gets available in a Humble Bundle before then), then Eternal Punishment!

kewlmyc

I want to say that P3 invented robot fingering, but I'm sure the someone in some dark corner of the internet pioneered the concept s long time ago :/

Oh, I guess you read that doujin too

Leave for an hour and suddenly the thread's gotten all weird....

I sure am interested to see the P5 character that's as excessively fetishizes as Aigis/Naoto.
Naoto's excessively fetishized?

Sophia

Virtually every character is fetishized in fan art for some reason. Naoto and Aigis are the most common targets of it tho.... :\

kewlmyc

Virtually every character is fetishized in fan art for some reason. Naoto and Aigis are the most common targets of it tho.... :\

I don't even understand the attraction for Aigis and Naoto though. Both are cute, but I never got the whole sexual obsession some fans have for them. If it was Rise, I would understand since that's part of her character, but Aigis is an emotionless robot for most of P3 and Naoto dresses like a male and has gender confusion issues. Not really sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom