• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVERYBODY SHOULD BUY THIS.

I recently bought Project Zero 3
PAL name
a few weeks back.

ZmnRz2o.jpg

Project Zero 3 is my least favorite of the series but still an amazingly beautiful game.
That should tell how much I like the series overall :p

If you haven't had a chance to play it buy it now!
Especially since Halloween is getting closer... >:D

dkoy

Is this Fatal Frame thing US PSN only? I played an XBox Project Zero aaaages ago on X360 (since those were backward compatible) and it was pretty cool. Forgot which one though.

Why is it Project Zero in PAL?

Necrovex

After completing Puppeteer and Beyond, my focus will be on Fatal Frame 1. About time I play this bloody franchise, especially when I own all three.

Meia

Why is it Resident Evil when it should be Biohazard since the games stopped taking place in one residence ages ago? :p

cj_iwakura

Speaking of Kaneko...
tumblr_mt37drQA5x1sodbx1o1_500.jpg

I love how ominous Lucifer's army seems here.

And a recent picture!

tumblr_mtdu2iMzba1s553o9o1_500.jpg

Rocking the Solomon, I see.

Wow:

tumblr_mpy4l4FCJu1qjk8ppo1_500.jpg

Fan art, I'm sure, but pretty great.

Why is it Resident Evil when it should be Biohazard since the games stopped taking place in one residence ages ago? :p

Well, when they decided on the western name I suppose they didn't think about the fact that the following games could have not taken place inside a mansion :p

I wonder if they ever make a Catherine sequel how they're going to title it...
They should do something similar to 999, where they renamed the series Zero Escape at the second chapter's release and call it Golden Playhouse Act 2 or something.

PK Gaming

Protagonist: Homeschooled teen who has to start attending highschool after his single mother passes away from an illness. This explains the initial lack of social stats as well as determination to form bonds.

• Arcana: Fool
  • Starting Persona: Fujin
  • Ultimate Persona: Garuda
  • Weapon: Sai
  • Specialty: Garu spells

Naruhodo Suzuki: The protag's best friend who helped him adjust to school life. Incredibly perceptive and intelligent, yet outgoing and friendly. Quick to snark when frustrated or annoyed.

• Arcana: Sun
  • Starting Persona: Raijin
  • Ultimate Persona: Lei Gong
  • Weapon: Tonfa
  • Specialty: Zio spells and buffs

Nita Lightfoot: A Metis exchange student from North America who warms up to the protagonist quickly due to their similar situations. Very shy and reserved at first, but pleasant and fiery once warmed up to the group.

• Arcana: Moon
  • Starting Persona: Sedna
  • Ultimate Persona: Ithaqua
  • Weapon: Tomahawk
  • Specialty: Bufu spells and strong physical skills

Kyofu Takahashi: Goth third-year who uses hides from his insecurities in his clique, and masks his true goofy nature behind a mask of apathy. Slowly becomes less and less serious as he leaves his goth friends for the main group, and shows an excellent sense of humour.

• Arcana: Death
  • Starting Persona: Menoetius
  • Ultimate Persona: Pluton
  • Weapon: IEDs
  • Specialty: Agi and Mudo spells, debuffs

Setsuko Kohaku: An outwardly warm, cheery girl who joins the protag's class after advancing a grade due to her high intelligence. She suffers from bipolar disorder and takes medication to maintain normalcy, but eventually suffers a traumatic even late in the game that causes her to develop a split personality.

• Arcana: Judgement
  • Starting Persona: Attar
  • Ultimate Persona: Helel/Lucifer (can switch between the two)
  • Weapon: Dual blades
  • Specialty: Garu and Almighty skills as Helel, Bufu and physical skills as Lucifer

Hikari Motochika: A slightly ditzy class clown who is initially alienated by the amount of attention the protag receives, but then joins the group after suffering a personal tragedy and realizing that he doesn't have to be the centre of the universe. His father is a police officer who crosses paths with the main group.

• Arcana: Magician
  • Starting Persona: Midas
  • Ultimate Persona: El Dorado
  • Weapon: Riot shield
  • Specialty: Zio spells and healing

Hao Yoshimaru: An athletic senior who is known for being incredibly wise and empathetic, being able to talk with his peers as if he were a psychologist and aid them with their worries. Joins the group after figuring out the truth behind their activities and acts as analyst, with his Persona being all-seeing and omniscient in its final form.

• Arcana: Strength
  • Starting Persona: Atlas
  • Ultimate Persona: Aether
  • Weapon: None
  • Specialty: Analysis and support

Dio/Mio Aishi: A shy boy who is bullied a lot and harbours insecurities over his gender. Once joining the group, he decides to face his fears and begins transitioning into a female, becoming one of the protag's closest friends in the process.

• Arcana: Lovers
  • Starting Persona: Eros
  • Ultimate Persona: Aphrodite
  • Weapon: Kusarigama (sickle and chain)
  • Specialty: Healing, strong physical skills and Agi spells

I went for a global mythology theme, as I like the idea of different cultures and people banding together to achieve great things.

I really dig this

Like wow, i'm not comparing you to the Persona team, but your core ideas are great and I hope some of them make it into Persona 5...

Hey guys wanna do something fun?
Wishlist you're own persona 5 cast go!
Protagonist: Runaway who came to a new city with his best friend and becomes embroiled in a huge (as of yet unhashed) adventure
  • Starting Persona: Ptah
  • Ultimate Persona: Amun-Ptah
  • Weapon: Staves and war scepters

Chitosi Shimazu: Protagonsits childhood friend and big sister/mother figure who has taken care of him since they were children seems slightly angsty and hostile to strangers but legitimately outgoing and warm to people that she gets to know. incredibly intelligent but doesn't really show it. Is the initial analyzer until a new member of the cast comes in. A bit older than the rest of the cast (she already graduated High School)
  • Arcana: Empress
  • Starting Persona: Seshat
  • Ultimate Persona: Hathor
  • Weapon: Broadswords
  • Specialty: Wind Magic and Status Effects, some healing

Ayano Ito: Girl that Protag and Chitosi meet at the new school, is a huge tomboy in all the ways Chie isn't, she loves video games and manga. Can be insenstive and oblivious at times, but has the best intentions. Clearly has a thing for the Protag but is incredibly awkward about it.
  • Starting Persona: Sekhmet
  • Ultimate Persona: Astarte
  • Weapon: Daggers
  • Specialty: Healing, and Physical damage, some fire damage

Chung-Hyun Song: Korean transfer student who immediately gets embroiled in the action. He seems hot-headed and brash to the rest of the cast. Girl-chaser. Has a bit of a hard time adapting to his new surroundings.
  • Arcana: Chariot
  • Starting Persona: Yam
  • Ultimate Persona: Melqart
  • Weapon: Spear
  • Specialty: Tank, Electric Damage, some physical Damage

Pedro Hirado: plays the "best friend" character role. slightly overweight. madly in love with Chitosi. Is of full Japanese ancestry and was born in Japan but his parents were born and raised in Brazil. Hopeless Romantic, but unsure of himself and has low self-esteem. goofball. Bonds with Chung because their outcast natures being seen as foreigners.
  • Starting Persona: Thoth
  • Ultimate Persona: Lord Kemennu-Thoth
  • Weapon: none
  • Specialty: Full time analyst

That's all I got so far

I've got a few more

Genji Takeda: Popular kid, and part of the popular "clique" of the school. Full of himself and cocky but defends people who are made fun of. After joining the group, he sees himself as the leader to comedic effects.
  • Starting Persona: Akhenaten
  • Ultimate Persona: Aten
  • Weapon: Throwing weapons
  • Specialty: Fire and Light magic, healing

Hachi Imagawa: Homeschooled. Childhood friend of Ayano. Smart, but acts smarter than she actually is. Deduced the groups activities and subsequently joined them. Hides her social awkwardness with snark and sarcasm
  • Arcana: Priestess
  • Starting Persona: Persephone
  • Ultimate Persona: Nephthys
  • Weapon: Javalins
  • Specialty: Ice Damage and Dark Magic, Buffs

Still gotta come up with a with a wildcard character like Teddie or Koromaru.

I really dig this

Like wow, i'm not comparing you to the Persona team, but your core ideas are great and I hope some of them make it into Persona 5...

Thanks! You've gotta do one. I want to see what you could come up with.

Heck, everyone should do one. We've got a big wait ahead of us, flex your creative muscles before they cramp!

Meia

I'm not creative, I just support creativity.

And thanks to that, I really REALLY want a character with split personality disorder in 5 now. :p

I really dig this

They're all more or less good, but I feel like a shy trans kind of goes against the whole Lover Arcana character type, and an Athlete with observational skills would be better suited for initial support and later a combat member... Since he trains, he'd be efficient in fighting shadows.

kewlmyc

Protagonist: Homeschooled teen who has to start attending highschool after his single mother passes away from an illness. This explains the initial lack of social stats as well as determination to form bonds.

• Starting Persona: Fujin
  • Ultimate Persona: Garuda
  • Weapon: Sai
  • Specialty: Garu spells

Naruhodo Suzuki: The protag's best friend who helped him adjust to school life. Incredibly perceptive and intelligent, yet outgoing and friendly. Quick to snark when frustrated or annoyed.

• Arcana: Sun
  • Starting Persona: Raijin
  • Ultimate Persona: Lei Gong
  • Weapon: Tonfa
  • Specialty: Zio spells and buffs

Nita Lightfoot: A Metis exchange student from North America who warms up to the protagonist quickly due to their similar situations. Very shy and reserved at first, but pleasant and fiery once warmed up to the group.

• Arcana: Moon
  • Starting Persona: Sedna
  • Ultimate Persona: Ithaqua
  • Weapon: Tomahawk
  • Specialty: Bufu spells and strong physical skills

Kyofu Takahashi: Goth third-year who uses hides from his insecurities in his clique, and masks his true goofy nature behind a mask of apathy. Slowly becomes less and less serious as he leaves his goth friends for the main group, and shows an excellent sense of humour.

• Arcana: Death
  • Starting Persona: Menoetius
  • Ultimate Persona: Pluton
  • Weapon: IEDs
  • Specialty: Agi and Mudo spells, debuffs

Setsuko Kohaku: An outwardly warm, cheery girl who joins the protag's class after advancing a grade due to her high intelligence. She suffers from bipolar disorder and takes medication to maintain normalcy, but eventually suffers a traumatic even late in the game that causes her to develop a split personality.

• Arcana: Judgement
  • Starting Persona: Attar
  • Ultimate Persona: Helel/Lucifer (can switch between the two)
  • Weapon: Dual blades
  • Specialty: Garu and Almighty skills as Helel, Bufu and physical skills as Lucifer

Hikari Motochika: A slightly ditzy class clown who is initially alienated by the amount of attention the protag receives, but then joins the group after suffering a personal tragedy and realizing that he doesn't have to be the centre of the universe. His father is a police officer who crosses paths with the main group.

• Starting Persona: Midas
  • Ultimate Persona: El Dorado
  • Weapon: Riot shield
  • Specialty: Zio spells and healing

Hao Yoshimaru: An athletic senior who is known for being incredibly wise and empathetic, being able to talk with his peers as if he were a psychologist and aid them with their worries. Joins the group after figuring out the truth behind their activities and acts as analyst, with his Persona being all-seeing and omniscient in its final form.

• Starting Persona: Atlas
  • Ultimate Persona: Aether
  • Weapon: None
  • Specialty: Analysis and support

Dio/Mio Aishi: A shy boy who is bullied a lot and harbours insecurities over his gender. Once joining the group, he decides to face his fears and begins transitioning into a female, becoming one of the protag's closest friends in the process.

• Starting Persona: Eros
  • Ultimate Persona: Aphrodite
  • Weapon: Kusarigama (sickle and chain)
  • Specialty: Healing, strong physical skills and Agi spells

I went for a global mythology theme, as I like the idea of different cultures and people banding together to achieve great things.

Not enough waifus. 0/10

Just kidding. Interesting stuff Scrafty. Especially the thing about the dual personalities. I wish more games had traits like that. Does Dio get surgery or something to turn into a girl? Or was Dio always a girl?

Meia

I think the only thing I want from a protagonist going forward is someone brutally honest. Velvet Room? Not a secret. The idea of Social Links? Not a secret. Just someone that tells the party members around him things that happen to him being a wild card. Hell, I'd just love to see what would happen to a party member after finding out they were a social link. "So did you help me because you're actually a friend, or for a power boost?"

Of course Persona 4 kind of drove me nuts since no one decides to shove their arm in a TV in front of Dojima. :p

kewlmyc

I think the only thing I want from a protagonist going forward is someone brutally honest. Velvet Room? Not a secret. The idea of Social Links? Not a secret. Just someone that tells the party members around him things that happen to him being a wild card. Hell, I'd just love to see what would happen to a party member after finding out they were a social link. "So did you help me because you're actually a friend, or for a power boost?"

Of course Persona 4 kind of drove me nuts since no one decides to shove their arm in a TV in front of Dojima. :p

The whole mystery part of the story falls apart when you realize that they could have easily proved the existence of the TV World. Also, (killer spoilers)
their evidence against Adachi wouldn't have held up in court at all if he didn't confess his guilt

They're all more or less good, but I feel like a shy trans kind of goes against the whole Lover Arcana character type, and an Athlete with observational skills would be better suited for initial support and later a combat member... Since he trains, he'd be efficient in fighting shadows.

In Tarot, the Lovers Arcana represents a choice between two paths and the forming of relationships, which I thought was appropriate for a transgendered person. Strength represents control and a struggle within the mind, plus I wanted to introduce a unique character who doesn't fill the role you'd expect him to ;P

Not enough waifus. 0/10

Just kidding. Interesting stuff Scrafty. Especially the thing about the dual personalities. I wish more games had traits like that. Does Dio get surgery or something to turn into a girl? Or was Dio always a girl?

Thanks, man. I was thinking more HRT for Mio, but I guess surgery might work better in a game that takes place within such a short timeframe.

I've always loved duality as a thematic element, so I included it wherever possible :)

Meia

The whole mystery part of the story falls apart when you realize that they could have easily proved the existence of the TV World.

It's not something that necessarily had to happen in the beginning, but at least when you know what happens.

I also don't really see how the mystery falls apart if Dojima learns about the way the killer is doing things, especially since it'd be practically impossible to bring in others with that knowledge. Not saying they have to tell the entire world, but maybe the guardian of the MC who keeps butting heads with the group because they're keeping him in the dark? :p

It's just kind of one of things done in a story to deliberately cause conflict that doesn't really need to exist. Those things always drive me nuts.

That irritated the hell out of me.

What is you involvement with the case?

Just tell him. Show him some proof, bring him into the TV world with you.. He's a cop, not only would he make a great member of the IT, but he'd kick shadow ass.

A strange letter? You're going to tell me how you're involved

Goddamnit Yu. Just stick your hand in the TV. There's one right there. Just do it. I swear to God, you're not getting taken away.
Don't you dare leave
Nanako
alone, they'll get kidnapped.

You're staying locked up in this room because I don't believe you

GODDAMNIT YU. THERE'S A TV RIGHT THERE. JUST SHOW HIM SOME DAMN PROOF... STICK YOUR HAND IN IT. DON'T EXPLAIN, JUST DO IT RIGHT NOW.

...I must have cried at his stupidity.

This is something that bothered me a lot too.
They had proof, it wouldn't have been a problem throwing him into the TV directly if they were afraid of him not believing them.

But if they did so, the whole mistery would have been solved immediately and police would have taken everything in their care, so there wouldn't have been a chance to develop the story at all :p

Meia

That irritated the hell out of me.

Just tell him. Show him some proof, bring him into the TV world with you.. He's a cop, not only would he make a great member of the IT, but he'd kick shadow ass.

Goddamnit Yu. Just stick your hand in the TV. There's one right there. Just do it. I swear to God, you're not getting taken away.
Don't you dare leave
Nanako
alone, they'll get kidnapped.

GODDAMNIT YU. THERE'S A TV RIGHT THERE. JUST SHOW HIM SOME DAMN PROOF... STICK YOUR HAND IN IT. DON'T EXPLAIN, JUST DO IT RIGHT NOW.

...I must have cried at his stupidity.

I was ok with the secrecy til this scene happened. Yes, my reactions were very much like yours were, moreso because I had like maxed his link like a few days prior to this.

Not taking him in though, as whether or not someone like him could even attain a Persona is up in the air. Still, could have reinforced the idea if he can't that only people with Personas can actually, ya know, damage shadows.
That the game ends with Dojima still not sure if the case was supernatural was kind of infuriating.
:p

Still if he could have a persona, that shadow would be interesting as shit.

I was ok with the secrecy til this scene happened. Yes, my reactions were very much like yours were, moreso because I had like maxed his link like a few days prior to this.

Not taking him in though, as whether or not someone like him could even attain a Persona is up in the air. Still, could have reinforced the idea if he can't that only people with Personas can actually, ya know, damage shadows.
That the game ends with Dojima still not sure if the case was supernatural was kind of infuriating.
:p

Still if he could have a persona, that shadow would be interesting as shit.

See, now here's the thing.
Chie's shadow appears shortly after she hears something negative... But the rest who were thrown into the TV, how did theirs appear?
My theory is that every person naturally suppresses their shadow, which can only materialise once they've spent a short duration in the TV world, or dark hour... Regardless of where they are or what's happening.

And we know from Dojima's social link, he's riddled with problems. He's still hung up over his wife and doesn't see himself fit to be Nanako's father. The negative emotions he's suppressing are big ones.
So, bring him into the TV, allow his shadow to form, and then stand around doing nothing while it builds up to him saying "you're not me", like it does for every victim... Then beat it. Viola, Dojima has a Persona when he accepts who he is.
If
Adachi
is capable of having a Persona, so is Dojima... Even if his didn't form naturally.

Wishlist it then man!

Eh. Maybe I'll be more indepth some time later today. Not in the mood to truly think right now.

A general outline I was thinking, is that the protagonist could be your typical 2nd year in high school male or female. The gender you do not pick becomes your best friend in the same year as you. Also, a 1st year and a 3rd year are also on your team, so 4 high school aged kids. Then you got two pre teens, two college aged characters, a woman in her late 30's, early 40's. I would make this woman the only cameo character, Maki Sonomura from Persona 1 and 2:

And finally, a badass elderly man.

so in total, two preteens, male and female, four high school students, 2 male 2 female, two college age characters, one 30-40 age female, and one old man.

10 party members

EMT0

Banned
P3/4 Spoilers Ahead:

I don't understand the idea that not everybody can have a Persona as Ikutsuki claims, and besides,
you shouldn't take a liar's word
. Sure,
Mitsuru's father
can't materialize a Persona, but that's probably related to the fact that the dude never gets over or confronts his baggage, he just keeps running from it. TBH, how Persona 3 handles Persona materialization doesn't make much sense at all. 'The Potential' sounds more like 'The ability to stop running from your baggage well enough to force a Persona out of you with a fake gun'. Neither of the above mentioned really get anywhere close to confronting their inner demons. Like at all.
Ikutsuki more or less embraces what I think are his inner demons to the point that they're basically identical. Mitsuru's father has baggage bigger than Japan is wide.

Did the Investigation Team just get uber lucky with who got thrown into the TV, resulting in everybody getting a Persona because the stars aligned? Nay I say, everybody has at least one psychological Persona; no reason they can't materialize it if they can come to terms with their Shadow. I believe Dojima could have gotten a Persona.
He manages to get over some of his baggage thanks to the S-Link and moves on, somewhat. They could have restructured Dojima's S-Link so that you find out about his life throughout the game's plot no matter what you do, and have the start of his S-Link be after he comes to terms with his duties towards Nanako when facing his Shadow. Bam, he has a Persona
. And it would have been glorious if he did.

P3/4 Spoilers Ahead:

I don't understand the idea that not everybody can have a Persona as Ikutsuki claims, and besides,
. Sure,
Mitsuru's father
can't materialize a Persona, but that's probably related to the fact that the dude never gets over or confronts his baggage, he just keeps running from it. TBH, how Persona 3 handles Persona materialization doesn't make much sense at all. 'The Potential' sounds more like 'The ability to stop running from your baggage well enough to force a Persona out of you with a fake gun'. Neither of the above mentioned really get anywhere close to confronting their inner demons. Like at all.
Ikutsuki more or less embraces what I think are his inner demons to the point that they're basically identical. Mitsuru's father has baggage bigger than Japan is wide.

Did the Investigation Team just get uber lucky with who got thrown into the TV, resulting in everybody getting a Persona because the stars aligned? Nay I say, everybody has at least one psychological Persona; no reason they can't materialize it if they can come to terms with their Shadow. I believe Dojima could have gotten a Persona.
He manages to get over some of his baggage thanks to the S-Link and moves on, somewhat. They could have restructured Dojima's S-Link so that you find out about his life throughout the game's plot no matter what you do, and have the start of his S-Link be after he comes to terms with his duties towards Nanako when facing his Shadow. Bam, he has a Persona

That is something that doesn't really stay consistent with the lore in the series. In Persona 1 and 2, if you played the "Persona" game, you can awaken to a Persona. I think that was due to
Philemon being much stronger in that era, as opposed to his weakened state in the post P2EP era of P3/4

I think that the TV world is the only way that those without the potential can acquire personas, and not in the traditional P3 way of it materializing under conditions of extreme stress, but in the unorthodox way of facing your shadow.

EMT0

Banned
That is something that doesn't really stay consistent with the lore in the series. In Persona 1 and 2, if you played the "Persona" game, you can awaken to a Persona. I think that was due to
Philemon being much stronger in that era, as opposed to his weakened state in the post P2EP era of P3/4

I guess P3/P4 all boil down to 'Every Persona user is younger than 20, how do we spin it that way?'

:(

EMT0

Banned
Strega,
Adachi, Namatame.

There's a reason they're the bad guys. Good guy Persona users in 3/4 can't be older than early college students without being bad. And
Namatame
doesn't really summon a Persona at any point, does he? If he did, I'd imagine it'd be another variant of
Izanagi.

Meia

Strega,
Adachi, Namatame.

Which is why I used the age of 30. :p

But yeah, so far the series has had 3 different ways of acquiring a persona. Persona game of 1 and 2 means they can materialize in the real world with no problems and can even switch Personas(likely thanks to Philemon), 3 they have the potential but don't really overcome issues until their personas ascend(but still require outside stimuli to release on command, otherwise extreme duress is enough), and 4 they confront their issues in front of others and if they accept it they awaken to their personas(no clue if usable in real world at all).

I probably like buddha's idea the best of having differing ages the best. Keep the high school setting, but no reason older people can't be involved(investigator or teacher ideally). Maki would freak me out in a good way.

Which is why I used the age of 30. :p

But yeah, so far the series has had 3 different ways of acquiring a persona. Persona game of 1 and 2 means they can materialize in the real world with no problems and can even switch Personas(likely thanks to Philemon), 3 they have the potential but don't really overcome issues until their personas ascend(but still require outside stimuli to release on command, otherwise extreme duress is enough), and 4 they confront their issues in front of others and if they accept it they awaken to their personas(no clue if usable in real world at all).

I probably like buddha's idea the best of having differing ages the best. Keep the high school setting, but no reason older people can't be involved(investigator or teacher ideally). Maki would freak me out in a good way.

Maki is canon wise, probably one of the strongest living Persona users, she would make an ideal return appearance candidate. *thumbs up*

fertygo

I never want to see an S-Link or party member as an animal that can't talk back to me ever again.

Koromaru's S-Link was nice. Some good monologue/option like from that one can help.

Of course the infamous fox S-Link are the one people remembering though lol

Meia

Koromaru's S-Link was nice. Some good monologue/option like from that one can help.

Of course the infamous fox S-Link are the one people remembering though lol

Real talk, I hated Koro's slink. It didn't amount to much more than the nightly walks you could take him on in Fes, who cares?

New persona 5 character: Elderly woman, persona is Neko Shogun. Perfect!

fertygo

Real talk, I hated Koro's slink. It didn't amount to much more than the nightly walks you could take him on in Fes, who cares?

New persona 5 character: Elderly woman, persona is Neko Shogun. Perfect!

LOL, that remind me I hate walking with koro because almost never help me racking S-link point that I need, why most of the time we only get talk to mamoru while he one of easier S-Link out there.. and I hate that dude smiling sprite too.

kewlmyc

It's not something that necessarily had to happen in the beginning, but at least when you know what happens.

I also don't really see how the mystery falls apart if Dojima learns about the way the killer is doing things, especially since it'd be practically impossible to bring in others with that knowledge. Not saying they have to tell the entire world, but maybe the guardian of the MC who keeps butting heads with the group because they're keeping him in the dark? :p

It's just kind of one of things done in a story to deliberately cause conflict that doesn't really need to exist. Those things always drive me nuts.
The police could have started looking for people who could easily access large TVs from the start, therefore catching the culprit much faster. Also,
it would have thrown suspicion on Adachi faster since he was the last person to see each victim and both places had televisions.

Meia

The police could have started looking for people who could easily access large TVs from the start, therefore catching the culprit much faster. Also,
it would have thrown suspicion on Adachi faster since he was the last person to see each victim and both places had televisions.

Possible I guess. I don't see the police force at large believing Dojima though. More likely than not they'd say he was working too hard and remove him from the case too.

Still, considering how disbelieving Dojima is at the end of the game, I hope Japanese cells don't have TVs in them since apparently the TV angle never came up. Otherwise we may get an interesting new character in the next Arena game. :p

Gazoinks

Possible I guess. I don't see the police force at large believing Dojima though. More likely than not they'd say he was working too hard and remove him from the case too.

Still, considering how disbelieving Dojima is at the end of the game, I hope Japanese cells don't have TVs in them since apparently the TV angle never came up. Otherwise we may get an interesting new character in the next Arena game. :p

Actually, this brings up a minor thing I really liked about the ending of P4 (killer and ending spoilers):
Adachi gives up. Y'know, in most stories the villain is all "You'll pay for this I'll be back just watch me!", but once Adachi is defeated he seems pretty resigned to his fate. It's a small thing, but I thought it was a nice touch both for Adachi's character and closure in general. Hence why I hope he doesn't show up in Arena unless it's ME taking his form or something.

Sophia

I hate cats.

More of a dog person.

And cats hate you too.

P3/4 Spoilers Ahead:

. Sure,
Mitsuru's father

Ikutsuki isn't the most reliable person to trust, as you noted. It's pretty clear that everyone can summon a Persona in in theory, but being of a sound mind and body to do it is another thing entirely.

I am genuinely curious as to why Takeharu did not have a Persona....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom