• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkoy

So that friend of mine decided to jump into Golden on Very Hard. I told him he should go with Hard at most but he refuses to. Took him a while to finish Yukiko's Castle. Defeating Shadow Yukiko ended up giving him an orgasm (from what I could see in skype chat).

So that friend of mine decided to jump into Golden on Very Hard. I told him he should go with Hard at most but he refuses to. Took him a while to finish Yukiko's Castle. Defeating Shadow Yukiko ended up giving him an orgasm (from what I could see in skype chat).

You sure it wasn't Shadow Yukiko herself that gave him an orgasm?

Squire

Banned
It's interesting to see people seemingly lack compassion or miss the point of an S. Link altogether, but I guess the fact people tend to feel so differently about characters in the series is a testament to how good they all are.

I sure hope the teaser site changes somehow soon. If it sits there static like that for two months... Man, that'd be weird. Whole thing is weird already though.

Sophia

Yukiko's Castle on Very Hard is just suicide. :/ It took me 4-5 days on Hard.

Nah, it's not that difficult. Maintaining Shuffle Time is a must however, otherwise the castle will take forever.

Hrm, ok the guide has to be incorrect at that part then looking at the calendar section. Learn something new every day. :D

The vast majority of guides over at GameFAQs for P3/P4 tend to be incorrect about something. Arthellinus's mechanics guides are more interesting than the general walkthrough ones anyhow.

Special mention goes to one Persona 3 Portable guide, which recommends a Persona for Aigis's link and does not list it among the auto rank ups. Yet if you look at the guide itself, you can clearly see it ranks up every visit anyhow.

Dantis

It's interesting to see people seemingly lack compassion or miss the point of an S. Link altogether, but I guess the fact people tend to feel so differently about characters in the series is a testament to how good they all are.

What is this in reference to?

Meia

Special mention goes to one Persona 3 Portable guide, which recommends a Persona for Aigis's link and does not list it among the auto rank ups. Yet if you look at the guide itself, you can clearly see it ranks up every visit anyhow.

Yep, this is exactly the situation I was referring to. Persona listed to fuse when you start the link, then you scroll down and there's always 0 points needed for the next rank, even if you don't earn any for that rank. Ah well.

And I didn't really get any creep vibe from Aigis's link, even at the end.
Just someone who knew she could never be fully human as she slowly comes to grips with what that means, something she couldn't even have thought of before the events of the game previous. Makes her journey in the Answer all the better, really.

Think she's probably my favorite of 3's cast, followed closely by Junpei then Shinjiro.

I'm finally about to enter the last dungeon in Persona...

Hoping it's not too difficult :p

The last one was pretty hard,
only Nao and Maki, decently powered but I forgot to stock up on supplies :3
I barely made it.

Meia

I'm finally about to enter the last dungeon in Persona...

Hoping it's not too difficult :p

The last one was pretty hard,
only Nao and Maki, decently powered but I forgot to stock up on supplies :3
I barely made it.

If you don't have Megidolaon on everyone at this point you're doing it wrong. SPAM IT TO VICTORY! :D

dkoy

hmmm hypothetically what would a story mode in P4Arena/Ultimax be like for Koromaru?

"bark bark bark bark bark bark bark" ? lol

sasliquid

hmmm hypothetically what would a story mode in P4Arena/Ultimax be like for Koromaru?

"bark bark bark bark bark bark bark" ? lol

I imagine it would all be inner monologues in a very posh British voice, but everyone else just hears bark bark bark

Meia

You know, whenever I saw that scene, I always innocently took it as literally just touching the heart, not what you're imagining. That scene animated makes it even more obvious since I'm pretty sure she's in her chair at the time...

You know, whenever I saw that scene, I always innocently took it as literally just touching the heart, not what you're imagining. That scene animated makes it even more obvious since I'm pretty sure she's in her chair at the time...
You've never heard of sex on chairs?
Though I always hated how to get the best Personas in P3, you had to be a manwhore and sleep around... Poor Yukari.

What Meia said. I don't understand where you guys get this stalker business from.
It does stink that her air command grab isn't the suplex after all though :(
Aww that's no fun.

I'm interested in what this S Hold system thing is. Hold a button to charge a meter? Kinda worried about it 'cos I found Mitsuru real hard to use with her charge moves.

Meia

You've never heard of sex on chairs?
Though I always hated how to get the best Personas in P3, you had to be a manwhore and sleep around... Poor Yukari.

Think about things. Her heart is located in her neck basically, which is why she asks you to remove her ribbon. She's on a chair that's actually elevated a bit. Think of the logistics of such an action, then get back to me. :p

I'll say though, not sure what the hell they were thinking with the text describing the scene of the 3 Portable version where she gets on the floor instead. Not enough brain bleach.

And no, I get the stalker thing, as that's basically what she does until she gets her actual memories back. Then, you know, she actually has complicated reasons for wanting to protect you as badly as she does.

Meanwhile, in P2, you tell one person you love them and it makes them happy, and in P1 you "..." Into the wild blue yonder, P3 y u so creepy?

So I've started playing persona 4 my first persona game, I'm at the
steam baths
onto the main boss, everythings going fine, even though I wasted some days in the beginning, I still dont get the whole fusing Persona thing I dont know which ones to fuse or which ones to level up first, although that seems to be fixed in the golden edition. Still I find it a big drawback in the game

So I've started playing persona 4 my first persona game, I'm at the
steam baths
onto the main boss, everythings going fine, even though I wasted some days in the beginning, I still dont get the whole fusing Persona thing I dont know which ones to fuse or which ones to level up first, although that seems to be fixed in the golden edition. Still I find it a big drawback in the game

Step 1: Fuse randomly until you find a cool looking Persona
Step 2: If you're having difficulties on bosses, look for what persona is good against what boss and how to fuse them. You can resummon personas you've already owned with the compendium... For a small price.
Step 3: End game, become part of the Surt/Kohryu/Trumpeter master race. Give them a mixture of spells for bonus points.

Also get every high level skill card you can for extra convenience.

You're welcome.

Aww that's no fun.

I'm interested in what this S Hold system thing is. Hold a button to charge a meter? Kinda worried about it 'cos I found Mitsuru real hard to use with her charge moves.

Well there's a slight difference with Mitsuru's charging and the S Hold thing. With Mitsuru (and other characters of the charge playstyle) you hold one direction for a second or so (give or take, depends on the game), then press the opposite direction and an attack button, and there's no visual cues to this most of the time, you just gotta practice and get used to the timing. Hell, I can't even tell you the exact time to charge a Coup Droit, I just know it by muscle memory since I never actually timed it lol. The new S Hold thing though is just holding down the button used to initiate the attack, but there's a visible meter on screen that appears as you do it so you know how long to hold the button for, so there you do have assistance in that regard.

Well there's a slight difference with Mitsuru's charging and the S Hold thing. With Mitsuru (and other characters of the charge playstyle) you hold one direction for a second or so (give or take, depends on the game), then press the opposite direction and an attack button, and there's no visual cues to this most of the time, you just gotta practice and get used to the timing. Hell, I can't even tell you the exact time to charge a Coup Droit, I just know it by muscle memory since I never actually timed it lol. The new S Hold thing though is just holding down the button used to initiate the attack, but there's a visible meter on screen that appears as you do it so you know how long to hold the button for, so there you do have assistance in that regard.

Same here. I will never forget exactly how long to hold, I can't explain how long that actually is in words!

Same here. I will never forget exactly how long to hold, I can't explain how long that actually is in words!

Yeah it's like if I try to explain it, it would come out like "Oh you just hold 4 for mmhmh*clear throat* then press 6+A and CONGRATS YOU JUST DID THE SWORD THRUST. Same can be said for me with the ice mirrors since that's the same amount of time, and I can only assume Tentarafoo will follow suit for that as well.

I can't really explain it for Skullgirls either when playing Parasoul, partially for the same reason as I never clocked it but also because the game actually got it's speed increased between versions 1 and 2 so it got slightly faster than... well... whatever the hell it was before lol

PK Gaming

If you don't have Megidolaon on everyone at this point you're doing it wrong. SPAM IT TO VICTORY! :D

Megidolaon isn't that great of a skill in practice. It's actually kind of weak since it can't be boosted and it's base power isn't very high. It's better to full elemental coverage than to to rely on Megido skills.

If you want to break the game in half, start fusing Personas with unique skills (Shiva, Yoshitsune, etc) oh and Debilitate. Debilitate makes every boss a cake-walk.

Megidolaon isn't that great of a kill in practice. It's actually kind of weak since it can't be boosted and it's base power isn't very high. It's better to full elemental coverage than to to rely on Megido skills.

If you want to break the game in half, start fusing Personas with unique skills (Shiva, Yoshitsune, etc) oh and Debilitate. Debilitate makes every boss a cake-walk.

He's talking P1

Step off, bro. Gurren Lagann > every other anime, and I'm expecting the same standard of excellence from KLK.

mj-laughing.gif

Overrated

Overhyped, and will under-deliver. Just like Gurren Lagann!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom