• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

Wise words.

image.php

Necrovex

Kill la Kill 1

Anime is saved, guys. Except for Dantis as he'll vomit all over the place during the second half of this episode because of his poor tastes.

Squire

Banned
I saw some impressions that said it's more FLCL than GL, which if is the case I may check it out.
FLCL is perfection. GL is not.

They probably mean it's wacky. FLCL is like that, but there's also meaning there. The whole show is a metaphor for puberty. KLK probably doesn't have anything behind it's craziness.

Gazoinks

They probably mean it's wacky. FLCL is like that, but there's also meaning there. The whole show is a metaphor for puberty. KLK probably doesn't have anything behind it's craziness.

Yeah, I'm comparing it more in outward tone than anything. The manicness of KLK reminded me more of FLCL than TTGL. As you said, KLK probably won't end up as deep as FLCL, but I wouldn't say there's necessarily going to be nothing behind its craziness. Maybe not on a symbolic level like FLCL, but at least character development and such. Time will tell, I guess.

cjkeats

Oh geez, GL and FLCL (two of the series I've enjoyed the least)?

And I was gonna give it a shot.
Well, it is from the creator of those AND Panty and Stocking. So it's like a triple "Nope" for you. lol
Speaking of you and anime, I keep seeing you praise Welcome to the NHK, and I found that on Netflix up here. Gonna give it a go, sounds like something I'd like from the description.

I can enjoy wacky without any deep meaning behind it. They will probably try something though. Who knows?
YhcUaYG.gif

FluxWaveZ

Well, it is from the creator of those AND Panty and Stocking. So it's like a triple "Nope" for you. lol
Speaking of you and anime, I keep seeing you praise Welcome to the NHK, and I found that on Netflix up here. Gonna give it a go, sounds like something I'd like from the description.

I liked Panty and Stocking, though...

And yeah, Welcome to the NHK is fantastic.

kewlmyc

I can enjoy wacky without any deep meaning behind it. They will probably try something though. Who knows?
YhcUaYG.gif

Welcome to the NHK is fantastic. Up there in my top 5 for sure.

I hope I like Kill la Kill. I greatly enjoyed Gurren Lagann, thought FLCL was good, but hated Panty and Stocking with a passion.

Necrovex

Saved again?

I'll check out the first episode tonight.

Anime always needs to be saved over and over again when we get filth like Sword Art Online season two.

Welcome to the NHK is in my top ten list for all-time favorite anime. It's a dark comedy. The manga gets really fucked up though. I love everything about this property: the light novel, manga, and the show. The dub is amazing for NHK.

Also, I was so like Saito when I was a freshman in college so many years back.

cjkeats

Right up my alley.
It's the GL connection that kills it for me. Nothing will make it live up to the hype though.
I'm almost worried P5 will be in the same boat.

At least Dantis will be around to complain about how awful it all looks when it gets revealed. :p
I liked Panty and Stocking, though...

And yeah, Welcome to the NHK is fantastic.

Really? I could've sworn the last time it came up in here you were one of the people who proclaimed it a crime against humanity. Must be remembering it wrong, maybe it was just sophia then. My bad!

FluxWaveZ

Really? I could've sworn the last time it came up in here you were one of the many who proclaimed it a crime against humanity. Must be remembering it wrong, maybe it was just sophia then. My bad!

Yep, you're remembering it wrong. Last time it came up, I was one of the people defending its style of humor. It's not something that would usually appeal to me, but something about P&S made me like it.

Welcome to the NHK is in my top ten list for all-time favorite anime. It's a dark comedy. The manga gets really fucked up though. I love everything about this property: the light novel, manga, and the show. The dub is amazing for NHK.

Also, I was so like Saito when I was a freshman in college so many years back.

I gotta read the novel and manga one of these days. Aside from it being great on its own merits, one of the reasons Welcome to the NHK is one of my favorites was because of how much I can relate to the main character.

Necrovex

I gotta read the novel and manga one of these days. Aside from it being great on its own merits, one of the reasons Welcome to the NHK is one of my favorites was because of how much I can relate to the main character.

The novel is hard to get nowadays; last I checked, it was expensive as hell.

The manga is superb though. Read it when you get the chance. It might be time to reread it.

cjkeats

While we are on the topic, I'll say again that we should be bugging Aniplex via the various social networks about getting the P3 movie ASAP.

If Madoka can get world-wide screenings, so can Persona!

Necrovex

While we are on the topic, I'll say again that we should be bugging Aniplex via the various social networks about getting the P3 movie ASAP.

If Madoka can get world-wide screenings, so can Persona!

I'm still pissed that I missed those screenings. I didn't know about them until well after the fact. A showing was even in my town!

I would love to see more anime at a theatre.

cjkeats

I'm still pissed that I missed those screenings. I didn't know about them until well after the fact. A showing was even in my town!

I would love to see more anime at a theatre.

The 3rd movie is supposedly coming right away too, but we are getting real close to the 26th and not a peep about international screenings. Was really hoping they'd get it worldwide as fast as they got it in the US last time. We got it in Canada a while after and they split them in two showings.
Madoka is my second favourite anime. They don't seem to realize how badly I need to see this movie. I could get hut by a bus any day and never know what happens to poor Homura!

I agree there needs to be more. Outside of Eva and Ghibli, there isn't much you can bet will show, and Funi really dropped the ball on 3.0.

Necrovex

The 3rd movie is supposedly coming right away too, but we are getting real close to the 26th and not a peep about international screenings. Was really hoping they'd get it worldwide as fast as they got it in the US last time. We got it in Canada a while after and they split them in two showings.
Madoka is my second favourite anime. They don't seem to realize how badly I need to see this movie. I could get hut by a bus any day and never know what happens to poor Homura!

I agree there needs to be more. Outside of Eva and Ghibli, there isn't much you can bet will show, and Funi really dropped the ball on 3.0.

Madoka is in my top ten list of favorite anime as well. I've been waiting for the third movie to be released before watching those films.

I agree with you involving Eva 3.0, but 3.0 is pretty damn meh.

cjkeats

Madoka is in my top ten list of favorite anime as well. I've been waiting for the third movie to be released before watching those films.

I agree with you involving Eva 3.0, but 3.0 is pretty damn meh.

3.0 was "bad" but I still liked it. I'm reserving judgement until 4.0. I believe in Anno, as hopeless as that may be.
I would've rathered to see it in theatres though. The action was pretty good and would've been glorious on the big screen.
Plus big screen eyepatch Asuka. Glorious, eye-patch Askua.
All 5 minutes of her screen time! ;_;

kewlmyc

Madoka is also in my top 5 favorite anime, but I've only seen the 2 movies. Last I heard, the 3rd movie were supposed to hit the west during the winter.

I think that the P3 movies will air in the west eventually. Hell, if the Ao no Exorcist movie was shown in theaters in the west, then P3 definitely deserves to be shown here.

Eva 3.0 was pretty garbage. I'm not really looking forward to 4.0 at all anymore. I hate the direction they took the series in with 3.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom