• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Megami Tensei, Tokyo Revelation: Shin Megami Tensei, and Persona: Trinity Soul. I am confident that the P3 movies will at least be better than those.

cjkeats

Madoka is also in my top 5 favorite anime, but I've only seen the 2 movies. Last I heard, the 3rd movie were supposed to hit the west during the winter.

I think that the P3 movies will air in the west eventually. Hell, if the Ao no Exorcist movie was shown in theaters in the west, then P3 definitely deserves to be shown here.
I really hope so. Although that Blue Exorcist movie is getting a much smaller run isn't it? I don't think I've even heard it coming around here, but I'm not really interesting in it anyways.
P3 is a know franchise, so I guess the chances are good.
Eva 3.0 was pretty garbage. I'm not really looking forward to 4.0 at all anymore. I hate the direction they took the series in with 3.0.
But eyepatch. I have faith Anno is going somewhere that will hopefully out-crazy EoE.
You guys have confidence P3 movies will be good?

Sure. Different staff, and they're probably actually paying them this time. Trailer looked hot.
I watched Megami Tensei, Tokyo Revelation: Shin Megami Tensei, and Persona: Trinity Soul. I am confident that the P3 movies will at least be better than those.

I've been meaning to watch that Megami Tensei OVA thing, but I was waiting till I read the book. It didn't transfer so well to my kindle so I've meaning to read it on iPad instead. Just so many distractions these days.

kewlmyc

It sounds like it's a trilogy, if not four films. I think at the very least it will be a relatively well-paced series.

If I recall correctly, the P3 Movie twitter account said that it was going to be a trilogy about a year ago.

I really hope so. Although that Blue Exorcist movie is getting a much smaller run isn't it? I don't think I've even heard it coming around here, but I'm not really interesting in it anyways.
P3 is a know franchise, so I guess the chances are good.

But eyepatch. I have faith Anno is going somewhere that will hopefully out-crazy EoE.
I just hate how the entire movie could have been avoided if they just explained what happened to Shinji. It's ridiculous.

And the Blue Exorcist movie got like a 7 theater release, but at least it was better than nothing. They also did a theater release for the dub of the movie too.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The 3rd movie is supposedly coming right away too, but we are getting real close to the 26th and not a peep about international screenings. Was really hoping they'd get it worldwide as fast as they got it in the US last time. We got it in Canada a while after and they split them in two showings.
Madoka is my second favourite anime. They don't seem to realize how badly I need to see this movie. I could get hut by a bus any day and never know what happens to poor Homura!

I agree there needs to be more. Outside of Eva and Ghibli, there isn't much you can bet will show, and Funi really dropped the ball on 3.0.

I thought the movies was just the series condensed, or is the 3rd one a new thing?

kewlmyc

I thought the movies was just the series condensed, or is the 3rd one a new thing?

First two are recaps with new footage. They actually condense the material very well unlike the Gurren Lagann movies. They never felt rushed.

The 3rd movie is new and takes place after the ending to the original series.

cjkeats

I just hate how the entire movie could have been avoided if they just explained what happened to Shinji. It's ridiculous.

And the Blue Exorcist movie got like a 7 theater release, but at least it was better than nothing. They also did a theater release for the dub of the movie too.

Eva 1.0: Shinji get in the robot
Eva 2.0: Shinji get back in the robot
Eva 3.0: Shinji stay out of the robot.

I think if they do give the P3 movie a run they'll wait and do it dubbed. Small run, then DVD/BD release. If they even do BD. Reverse importation got them scared lately.
Frankly I'd be fine with either, just a larger run that at least hits Canada.

cjkeats

Like they said, just the series condensed, and majorly cleaned up. I watched the first episode and the movie side by side to see what changed and it's crazy how many scenes either got redone or reanimated. I made a tumblr post about it :p
The movies are great, but I feel like the whole thing with episode 11 is a little out of place in the movies.

Gazoinks

Honestly, the thing I'm probably most looking forward to with the P3 movie is how they're going to characterize Makoto. I'm curious what they're going to do with him.

Dantis

I hope P3 movie is good, but quite frankly I'm happy we just got More Than One Heart. Anything extra is a bonus at this point.

Seems the version of More Than One Heart that's on the bonus disc is cut down. :(

The OST had best have the full version.

Also, some of those lyrics were completely unguessable, haha. The actual lyrics are really, really good. Kawamura just sings them incomprehensibly.

EDIT: The box art is hideous. Where's my new version of Burn My Dread? :(

40614-1380726744.png

Sophia

kewlmyc

This isn't true at all, at least the way you're spinning it.

3.0 was great.

How so?
If they told him that him piloting EVA-01 caused the Third Impact, I honestly doubt he would have tried to pilot an Eva ever again, out of guilt. He left to go to Neo-Nerv because he though that the Rei he rescued working for NERV. If Will-E told him that his Rei was dead and Neo-Nerv's Rei was a clone, he would have had second thoughts of leaving Will-E. Any sort of discussion between Misato and Shinji could have lead to Shinji having a better understanding of what was happening, therefore leading to him not fucking the world over again.

Seems the version of More Than One Heart that's on the bonus disc is cut down. :(

The OST had best have the full version.

Also, some of those lyrics were completely unguessable, haha. The actual lyrics are really, really good. Kawamura just sings them incomprehensibly.

EDIT: The box art is hideous. Where's my new version of Burn My Dread? :(

The Single is already out? That sounds more like a preview than anything.

Dantis

Aniplex, pls. :\

Also I'm glad I didn't try to guess the two missing sentences in my lyrics. Theres no way I'd get them.

The lyrics are really good though. Definitely not the lady who worked on Pursuing My True Self and Burn My Dread (I think she's called Reiko Tanaka or something) and definitely not Lotus Juice.

It's either Benjamin Franklin or somebody new.

The Single is already out? That sounds more like a preview than anything.

The CD came out yesterday. That might be a preview, might not.

Either way, the full CD is out there.

Gazoinks

My favorite Persona lyric is "Flooded apple pie" from the reincarnation version of Reach out To The Truth. What does that even mean. What does that have to do with anything.

Dantis

My favorite Persona lyric is "Flooded apple pie" from the reincarnation version of Reach out To The Truth. What does that even mean. What does that have to do with anything.

Lotus Juice wrote the second verse to Reach, which is why the lyrics change drastically.

Reiko Tanaka's is still gibberish, but much less so.

Daimaou

How so?
If they told him that him piloting EVA-01 caused the Third Impact, I honestly doubt he would have tried to pilot an Eva ever again, out of guilt. He left to go to Neo-Nerv because he though that the Rei he rescued working for NERV. If Will-E told him that his Rei was dead and Neo-Nerv's Rei was a clone, he would have had second thoughts of leaving Will-E. Any sort of discussion between Misato and Shinji could have lead to Shinji having a better understanding of what was happening, therefore leading to him not fucking the world over again.

Eva 3.0 spoilers, obviously.
The entire point was they didn't have time to explain to him, at least not adequately. He wakes up, they're immediately attacked by Mark 04s. After the battle, they start to explain things, and are almost immediately attacked again by Rei Q. You also have to consider that Misato and Asuka (the two most likely to explain things to him thoroughly) would understandably be kind of distant to him considering the last interactions they had with him.

The last thing Misato did was cheer him on during Unit 01's awakening, which ultimately led to Near Third Impact. Considering her proximity to the Second Impact, and her scars because of it, she probably feels pretty guilty about having a hand in the Third and is kicking the dog because of it.

The last interaction Asuka had depends on whether or not she was conscious during the Unit 03 event. If she was, the last thing she saw was Unit 01 curb stomping Unit 03 with a blatant disregard for her well being, and who knows if anyone ever explained it was the dummy plug to her. If she wasn't then the last thing was her volunteering to pilot Unit 03 so Rei could have her dinner with Shinji and Gendo, ultimately leading to her getting trapped in Unit 03 by Bardiel. Considering this, combined with the fact that Shinji keeps going on and on about Rei, she's probably not too happy with him.

It's been a over a decade since these things have happened. Most of the people he meets haven't even met him before, only knowing "This is the kid who caused Third Impact." The others have their own issues that have been left to fester for years, and are now much more battle hardened and world weary.

kewlmyc

Eva 3.0 spoilers, obviously.
The entire point was they didn't have time to explain to him, at least not adequately. He wakes up, they're immediately attacked by Mark 04s. After the battle, they start to explain things, and are almost immediately attacked again by Rei Q. You also have to consider that Misato and Asuka (the two most likely to explain things to him thoroughly) would understandably be kind of distant to him considering the last interactions they had with him.

The last thing Misato did was cheer him on during Unit 01's awakening, which ultimately led to Near Third Impact. Considering her proximity to the Second Impact, and her scars because of it, she probably feels pretty guilty about having a hand in the Third and is kicking the dog because of it.

The last interaction Asuka had depends on whether or not she was conscious during the Unit 03 event. If she was, the last thing she saw was Unit 01 curb stomping Unit 03 with a blatant disregard for her well being, and who knows if anyone ever explained it was the dummy plug to her. If she wasn't then the last thing was her volunteering to pilot Unit 03 so Rei could have her dinner with Shinji and Gendo, ultimately leading to her getting trapped in Unit 03 by Bardiel. Considering this, combined with the fact that Shinji keeps going on and on about Rei, she's probably not too happy with him.

It's been a over a decade since these things have happened. Most of the people he meets haven't even met him before, only knowing "This is the kid who caused Third Impact." The others have their own issues that have been left to fester for years, and are now much more battle hardened and world weary.

Toji's little sister could have done it, she was with him the entire time. Plus, if they had time to do a full physical on him, they had time to have one conversation with him. Wouldn't have taken them long either. I just feel that a good chunk of the conflict of that movie could have been avoided with a simple exchange of dialogue. It's the same reason why I hate romance anime that are filled with misunderstandings that can be solved if two characters talk to each other.

On the topic of Anime I'm finally forcing myself to watch Durarara but whenever Izaya speaks all I hear is Adachi

Welcome to Johnny Yong Bosch.

Daimaou

Toji's little sister could have done it, she was with him the entire time. Plus, if they had time to do a full physical on him, they had time to have one conversation with him. Wouldn't have taken them long either. I just feel that a good chunk of the conflict of that movie could have been avoided with a simple exchange of dialogue. It's the same reason why I hate romance anime that are filled with misunderstandings that can be solved if two characters talk to each other.

Life is filled with misunderstandings that could be solved if two people talked to each other. It's realistic.
The point from when he wakes up to where he's on the bridge and they're attacked is literally minutes. They're also not 100% sure it's really him. As for Toji's sister, she probably didn't feel it was her place or simply didn't want to break it to him that he caused it since she's the only one remotely nice to him.

Necrovex

So you peeps remember when I told you all that I was going to be laid off? I got an update on that: I still have a job! Now I'll find out tomorrow or Monday if I have a new manager (I have Fridays off, since I work all the hours they are willing to give me Monday-Thursday).

I am expecting to see a few people from work gone. I will be sad to see whoever is let go, besides one person who creates a vile environment by being a brown-noser and lying about my and my co-workers' ethics and skills.

I'll be able to continue working on my JET, Peace Corps, Teach for America, and Army officer applications and work on those processes without worrying about not having a job. Yay!

kewlmyc

So you peeps remember when I told you all that I was going to be laid off? I got an update on that: I still have a job! Now I'll find out tomorrow or Monday if I have a new manager (I have Fridays off, since I work all the hours they are willing to give me Monday-Thursday).

I am expecting to see a few people from work gone. I will be sad to see whoever is let go, besides one person who creates a vile environment by being a brown-noser and lying about my and my co-workers' ethics and skills.

I'll be able to continue working on my JET, Peace Corps, Teach for America, and Army officer applications and work on those processes without worrying about not having a job. Yay!

Congratulations bro, I'm happy for you.

sasliquid

Awesome. Good luck on the applications, Especially JET it's one of the things I've been looking at for why I leave Uni

Gazoinks

Sucks to see friendly workmates go, but congrats on keeping your job!

Rhapsody

Banned
IBut eyepatch. I have faith Anno is going somewhere that will hopefully out-crazy EoE.
I felt like 3.0 just wasted so much time out of Rebuild and could've told more. Such a shame, but I still enjoyed it.
Don't know if it would be high on my rewatch list out of all of Eva though.

That reminds me that I still need to find good art for my future 3rd arcade stick. Was thinking either Eva, Fate, or something else.

Realtalk best anime ever king of ballertown top ten list GO:

1. Gurren Lagann
2. Cowboy Bebop
3. Gankutsuou
4. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
5. Digimon Tamers
6. Soul Eater
7. Macross Frontier
8. Gunbuster
9. Samurai Champloo
10. The first three arcs of Reborn

And I'm not counting movies, otherwise Summer Wars, Spirited Away, Grave of the Fireflies and The Lights in the Sky Are Stars would be near the top.

cj_iwakura

Is it 'let's cause Dantis to twitch involuntarily upon reading the thread in the morning' time? :D

My favorites:
1. Serial Experiments Lain
2. Bubblegum Crisis (2032, not the remake)
3. Sailor Moon(if I had to pick a season, S>Stars>R>Original>>>>> Super S)
4. El Hazard: The Magnificent World (original OAVs)
5. Ranma 1/2 (Season 1)
6. Tenchi Muyo! (the original OAVs)
7. Trigun
8. Weiss Kreuz(/runs)
9. Madoka Magica
10. Fate/Zero

Honorable mentions: Oh! My Goddess(original), Excel Saga, Elfen Lied

Rhapsody

Banned
Top ten for me

1) Evangelion
2) Gurren Lagann
3) Clannad After Story
4) Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
5) Fate/Zero
6) Steins;Gate
7) Toradora
8) Haruhi S1
9) Madoka
10) FLCL

Order on it is whatever. Most adaptations don't rank high for me since I usually like the original more, but the ones listed in my top 10 were executed well. It's mostly the B tier ones getting really bad adaptations. I know stuff like SAO's and Oreimo's anime really turned people off.

Necrovex

Top ten time? Fuck. Let's see.

1) Gankutsuou
2) Gurren Lagann
3) Eureka Seven
4) Fooly Cooly
5) Madoka Magica
6) Beck: Mongailian Squad
7) Fate/Zero
8) Welcome to the NHK
9) Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
10) Lain

Honorable mention: Digimon Tamers, and Steins;Gate. The latter didn't make it into the top 5 area because I played and loved the VN.

This is a list that I thought up super quickly, so the orderings are all in a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom