• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
Indigo Prophecy was fun when it was a murder mystery at the beginning. When it became about cyborg old ladys taking over the world, not to much.

Man, too bad emotion isn't in any other games! Nope, none around here. Certainly no one in this thread could think of any, at least. None of us have ever played a game that resonated with our emotions. No sir.

David Cage shit's all over the other storytellers in the industry often, I even saw a presentation where he basically said all the voice actors working in the games industry were subpar. Nevermind that Heavy Rain featured some truly horrendous voice acting.

Trigger

I only played a bit of it then gave up. I was mildly interested in the plot, not sure why I dropped it. Then I lent it to a friend who showed me a late game part and I was so confused. It was like a different game.

It pretty much is after a certain point.

I only played a bit of it then gave up. I was mildly interested in the plot, not sure why I dropped it. Then I lent it to a friend who showed me a late game part and I was so confused. It was like a different game.

Everyone loves the first half and just WAT's at the 2nd half.

If TVTropes ruined my life, then I'm gonna make sure it ruins all of yours. :|

No kidding...

I came back to this thread to escape a rather terrifying movie, and your linking of TV tropes had me ending up reading the "Crossed" tropes again, which had the opposite results of what I came here for

Kazzy

If TVTropes ruined my life, then I'm gonna make sure it ruins all of yours. :|

I'm over that phase, though I recently introduced the site to a colleague. It's beautiful to watch that addiction take hold.

Though, I will admit that whenever I watch/play something new, I do have that faint voice in the back of my head. "Now you get to read the TVTropes page."

tumblr_lt5slpIKjK1qej5zpo1_500.gif

velvetparty.gif

tumblr_inline_mj1yzmtWNz1qz4rgp.gif

tumblr_lu7q4d5SWQ1r63cavo1_400.gif

tumblr_lu7f9sRyGe1r63cavo1_400.gif

tumblr_lx8qf4snUL1r63cavo1_500.gif

persona_hypno_igor_by_ipswich67-d4rdfde.gif

756331963_157053.gif

tumblr_lotpvnadDh1qmhdzvo1_400.png

Lunar15

I have a strong feeling Igor will not be in P5. They were so reluctant to have him in anything since his japanese voice actor died. That being said, he is the only one consistent thing across all persona games, so It'd be weird not to have him. I guess we'll see.

I have a strong feeling Igor will not be in P5. They were so reluctant to have him in anything since his japanese voice actor died. That being said, he is the only one consistent thing across all persona games, so It'd be weird not to have him. I guess we'll see.

URjuf1z.jpg

exclusive first look at igor's p5 replacement

I agree 100%! Why? Because Aigis, that's why!!

This makes me all so sad, first because there is no way to play all those games anymore. Second because all those very cool looking mobile games are actually what I'd like to see from iPhone and Android games in the present, instead of all the social-card-f2p-swimsuit-connectedexperience-genericlooking stuff that we get nowadays.

Time for Philermon to make an incredible comeback!
Didn't know that the original VA for Igor passed away, that's sad :(

Lunar15

Time for Philermon to make an incredible comeback!
Didn't know that the original VA for Igor passed away, that's sad :(

Yeah. As such, he hasn't been in anything since. He was absent from P4A, and while he used to narrate the beginning of the Persona Music Live concerts, he hasn't been at the past few. Perhaps they just don't want to replace him until they do P5.

Although, I guess we'll see what they do for the Persona 3 movie, eh?

FluxWaveZ

They'll probably just re-use his in-game lines like they did in the P4 anime and probably allocate a bigger presence to the attendants like they did with Margaret in the anime and P4A, and with Marie and Margaret in P4G.

Dantis

Random question:

How well will P4A2 sell?

The first game sold nearly 140k across both platforms in its first week, and 220k overall (In Japan, that is).

I wonder if its sales will depend how close it is to P5. I feel like they might be higher the closer it is, because people will be on a Persona high.

My predictions are 100k first week, 160k overall.

So it's my birthday today.

Get ready for dat P5 reveal.

Happy birthday!

kewlmyc

This is the second time a voice actor for him has died. It's a shame.

Happy Birthday. Hope you get a visit from the birthday skeleton.

Yeah. As such, he hasn't been in anything since. He was absent from P4A, and while he used to narrate the beginning of the Persona Music Live concerts, he hasn't been at the past few. Perhaps they just don't want to replace him until they do P5.

His deceased VA is listed for the P3 movie, so they'll do what they did for the P4 anime.

Caladrius

Happy Brithday!

I have no understanding of how to project sales. I much prefer to talk about pants.

And Marie is a weatherperson. It puts her on a bus and bluntly I'm not too bent up if she stays there.

Meia

P4G spoilaz
Wouldn't make much sense. She's supernatural, sure, but a different type of being than Igor and the attendants.

Fact is, we don't know
WHAT the fuck she is by the end of Golden's epilogue. She can control the weather, which one can argue Izanami was capable of doing. If she's capable of doing all she was, which is reasonable if I understood what Marie was, she can also give people personas as well...

fertygo

I don't think Atlus will replace Igor with someone that doesn't give Velvet Room presence like Marie.

The assistant work alone without Igor is more likely.

Dantis

P4G spoilaz
Wouldn't make much sense. She's supernatural, sure, but a different type of being than Igor and the attendants.

Unlike the rest of the Persona series, which is canonically airtight.

I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if it was her. Or someone similar.

Daimaou

Fact is, we don't know
WHAT the fuck she is by the end of Golden's epilogue. She can control the weather, which one can argue Izanami was capable of doing. If she's capable of doing all she was, which is reasonable if I understood what Marie was, she can also give people personas as well...

more P4G Spoilazzzz
She's an incarnation of Izanami. Izanami didn't give people personas. She gave people the potential to enter the TV World. Narukami sees the Velvet Room before he meets Izanami, which is why he can use his persona without confronting his shadow like the rest of the cast has to.

Unlike the rest of the Persona series, which is canonically airtight.

I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if it was her. Or someone similar.

I'm just saying it doesn't hang well with the rest of the fiction as I understand it. They can and will do whatever they please. I'm not pretending they have to kowtow to what I or anybody else thinks makes sense.

Meia

more P4G Spoilazzzz
She's an incarnation of Izanami. Izanami didn't give people personas. She gave people the potential to enter the TV World. Narukami sees the Velvet Room before he meets Izanami, which is why he can use his persona without confronting his shadow like the rest of the cast has to.

Yes,
because he has a persona. Makoto sees the room the same as Yu does before he awakens to the power of persona because of the potential. Izanami awakens this potential in Yu, not all that dissimilar to what Philemon used to do. I always got the impression you NEED a persona to be able to interact with the TV in that way to begin with. It's why Yu's able to bring Yosuke/Chie in at first, and why Yosuke says he's able to go in the TV by himself after he gets his own Persona. Adachi has a persona, yet we don't know exactly when he awakened to it. It stands to reason that this is what Izanami did.

The only thing that throws this off is Namatame, who gets confronted and doesn't have much alone time in the TV world so may or may not have a persona of his own. It's possible his state of mind was pretty well shattered when he saw what the TV world was like, and was confronted by the IT in that state, so he didn't have time to wield it before being taken over by a sagiri.

In any event, I see Marie more in a role as Philemon as the series moves forward if they bring her back at all..

kewlmyc

I rather they bring back Igor's associates from P1 & P2 rather than Marie. That or just get another voice for Igor. I don't think it would be disrespectful at all, it's just business.

Daimaou

Yes,
because he has a persona. Makoto sees the room the same as Yu does before he awakens to the power of persona because of the potential. Izanami awakens this potential in Yu, not all that dissimilar to what Philemon used to do. I always got the impression you NEED a persona to be able to interact with the TV in that way to begin with. It's why Yu's able to bring Yosuke/Chie in at first, and why Yosuke says he's able to go in the TV by himself after he gets his own Persona. Adachi has a persona, yet we don't know exactly when he awakened to it. It stands to reason that this is what Izanami did.

The only thing that throws this off is Namatame, who gets confronted and doesn't have much alone time in the TV world so may or may not have a persona of his own. It's possible his state of mind was pretty well shattered when he saw what the TV world was like, and was confronted by the IT in that state, so he didn't have time to wield it before being taken over by a sagiri.

In any event, I see Marie more in a role as Philemon as the series moves forward if they bring her back at all..

It's hard to say which actually gave Yu his persona, since both happen prior to his awakening. However, considering Philemon/The Velvet Room's role in previous games as the distributors of persona and the fact Namatame is never revealed to manifest one, I find it more likely that it was their doing rather than Izanami's.

I honestly don't expect Marie to return. If they do bring her back, I can only hope they make her a more interesting character that doesn't feel so slapdash.

Dantis

I rather they bring back Igor's associates from P1 & P2 rather than Marie. That or just get another voice for Igor. I don't think it would be disrespectful at all, it's just business.

Another Igor is possible. Old associates are unlikely I think.

Modern Persona is all about attractive people. Igor is literally the only 'unattractive' (To whatever extent that applies to a cartoon drawing) key character there is.

Lunar15

Another Igor is possible. Old associates are unlikely I think.

Modern Persona is all about attractive people. Igor is literally the only 'unattractive' (To whatever extent that applies to a cartoon drawing) key character there is.

And older Personas weren't?

Dantis

And older Personas weren't?

I wouldn't say so, no.

Like I've said lots of times before, Persona's character designs have been getting more and more fashionable. Most of P1 and P2's designs weren't at all (Because that's not what Kaneko goes for, obviously).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom