• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
It eh... How does ze Rock say it? It eh doesn't matier what puresona 5ish like. The emotional bar hash been shet by Ellen Page and eh...My team.

Sophia

So Persona Infinite? Will it be as overrated as that game too? :p

Of course not.
Which is to say yes.

I actually didn't think of Infinite when writing that post, believe it or not. I only realized after I typed it out that it was like Bioshock Infinite.

saying that persona is moving away from "ugly" characters is ridiculous and is basically a show of willful ignorance. like it's great that you have a big ol hard on for soejima, but literally every shop keeper in p4 is "ugly", as is kanji, hanako, that asshole teacher, and the guy that creeps on yukiko, saki's little brother, the Death lady, etc etc.

saki kind of looks like a fish, but i think officially she's supposed to be attractive.

Lunar15

This is a bit of a tangent, but I feel like Inaba had a greater sense of "location" than Iwatodai. I liked the locations in Iwatodai a lot, but for some reason I feel like I knew Inaba like the back of my hand. Perhaps because it was technically "smaller", and less complicated you learned it better. Iwatodai felt a little more disconnected.

Once again, my bias comes from playing P4 first. It's entirely possible I know it better because it was much more novel.

saying that persona is moving away from "ugly" characters is ridiculous and is basically a show of willful ignorance. like it's great that you have a big ol hard on for soejima, but literally every shop keeper in p4 is "ugly", as is kanji, hanako, that asshole teacher, and the guy that creeps on yukiko, saki's little brother, the Death lady, etc etc.

saki kind of looks like a fish, but i think officially she's supposed to be attractive.

Persona 6 with have fish people and a pug protagonist, Pugtagonist

Trigger

Kanji is kawaii~

Caladrius

DojimaHiimdaisy_1181.png

Kanji is kawaii~

This man gets it.

Squire

Banned
Frankly I don't think P5 will be like ANY of the 4...5...6? Games before it.

I'm really not sure why you or anyone else thinks this.

When you design a game you lend yourself to it. RE4 and Vanquish look nothing alike on the surface, but they're both directed by Mikami and if you like his games, you can tell.

I think P3 and 4 both have their own personality - but I can also tell they share the same creative leads. Those people are still in charge, so I don't know why or how you could expect otherwise from P5.

When I say, "It'll be like P3/4" understand that what I mean is, "It will have its own personality and stand on it's own merits, but you will be able to tell it's a game chiefly created by Hashino, Soejima, and Maguro, as Persona 3 and Persona 4 were."

You can pay the same respect to P1/2. I've said all this on the podcast too.

You're right.

P5 is going to be nothing like P1/2, which is why I laugh whenever it comes up.

Would be cool if they brought the writer from those games back, that guy is much better then who ever is writing them now imo.

well damn

^He came back for the Tatsuya Scenarios in P2EP, which was better written than any extra content from a game like P4G.

I'm really not sure why you or anyone else thinks this.

When you design a game you lend yourself to it. RE4 and Vanquish look nothing alike on the surface, but they're both directed by Mikami and if you like his games, you can tell.

I think P3 and 4 both have their own personality - but I can also tell they share the same creative leads. Those people are still in charge, so I don't know why or how you could expect otherwise from P5.

When I say, "It'll be like P3/4" understand that what I mean is, "It will have its own personality and stand on it's own merits, but you will be able to tell it's a game chiefly created by Hashino, Soejima, and Maguro, as Persona 3 and Persona 4 were."

You can pay the same respect to P1/2. I've said all this on the podcast too.

When I say it wont be, I am talking gameplay structure and maybe tone. Catherine is also a game they made, which feels way different in structure and tone than P3 or 4, but on the way you are talking, you can see where Catherine came from.

^So please understand, we are talking about two different things. P5 will absolutely still have the spirit and characteristics of a Hashino production, (Most likely.) but gameplay and tone/feel wise, I think it will be something different than P3 or P4.

This sounds better than anything I think they will come up with, won't happen though.

So fucking salty we never got P2EP

I am this fucking salty

nt-attr-saltfields.jpg

I'm not sure if I'm ever going to play EP. IS is already annoying with the updates, I can't imagine having to play EP without them.

I feel some of the IS updates to the interface actually make it more annoying. What bothers you about IS the most? Some, not all though, some things are worse in EP of course.

Squire

Banned
^So please understand, we are talking about two different things. P5 will absolutely still have the spirit and characteristics of a Hashino production, (Most likely.) but gameplay and tone/feel wise, I think it will be something different than P3 or P4.

I agree. Still not sure what the "Most likely" is about though. He's still the producer, so definitely. Unless he changes positions or leaves the team there's no ifs, ands, or butts.

But like I always say, I don't care what direction they take it in because I like the games they make. I also like different experiences and think P4 is a masterpiece, so I don't want a carbon copy sequel to that anymore than anyone else does; I'm with you, man!

Catherine would probably be one of my favorite games this generation of it wasn't a puzzle game.

I agree. Still not sure what the "Most likely" is about though. He's still the producer, so definitely. Unless he changes positions or leaves the team there's no ifs, ands, or butts.

But like I always say, I don't care what direction they take it in because I like the games they make. I also like different experiences and think P4 is a masterpiece, so I don't want a carbon copy sequel to that anymore than anyone else does; I'm with you, man!

Catherine would probably be one of my favorite games this generation of it wasn't a puzzle game.

the most likely was most likely a joke but you never know he could decide he wants to do something completely different at the last minute.

Dantis

And the director, more importantly.

I think P5 will be different, but I absolutely think it will still be a Hashino style game. When you look at Nocturne, DDS, the Personas and Catherine, you can definitely see similar themes.

On the other hand, I think Hashino is someone who isn't afraid to throw out old gameplay ideas, and Nocturne, DDS and the Personas all show that.

Squire

Banned
the most likely was most likely a joke but you never know he could decide he wants to do something completely different at the last minute.

That wouldn't mean anything since the game would be done. They wouldn't even change his position in the credits.

But I wasn't sure if you were joking or not.

And the director, more importantly.

I think P5 will be different, but I absolutely think it will still be a Hashino style game. When you look at Nocturne, DDS, the Personas and Catherine, you can definitely see similar themes.

On the other hand, I think Hashino is someone who isn't afraid to throw out old gameplay ideas, and Nocturne, DDS and the Personas all show that.

BTW, I know that the Raidou games were Kaneko's brain child, but who was behind the Devil Survivor games?

i hope per5ona takes place in space
it can be like star ocean 4

So Per5ona fucked off into space?

That wouldn't mean anything since the game would be done. They wouldn't even change his position in the credits.

But I wasn't sure if you were joking or not.

I can make my sarcasticness very obvious or very discreet, whichever I feel like :p

Dantis

BTW, I know that the Raidou games were Kaneko's brain child, but who was behind the Devil Survivor games?

I know nothing about the team who made those except for the artist and the composers.

Most of what I know is from reading credits lists, and I haven't finished either of the DeSus. :p

Squire

Banned
At this point, I feel like taking out S. Links/the calendar would be akin to taking out fusion or making the battles real-time.

It's too big a change to happen, realistically.

At this point, I feel like taking out S. Links/the calendar would be akin to taking out fusion or making the battles real-time.

It's too big a change to happen, realistically.

Slinks will totally be in, but who says they have to function exactly the same way? Same with the calendar.

Sophia

Did we ever get a full-on explanation on why that wouldn't happen? They said it was more than just money concerns, right?

No explanation other than that the issue wasn't sales.

really surprised a translation group hasn't touched it yet

Apparently, the games are a bitch to deal with. Gemini, the coder who did the hacking part of the Innocent Sin fan translation, said that "Satan himself worked on the game engine."

So yeah... :(

I know nothing about the team who made those except for the artist and the composers.

It's the team that worked on the Growlanser series, as far as I can tell. Shinjiro Takada is credited as a designer.

^Well yea, they are a major selling point of the series, and they were adding some slink like systems to other megaten games outside of Persona, I am frankly surprised they didn't add a type of system to it to SMTIV!

Apparently, the games are a bitch to deal with. Gemini, the coder who did the hacking part of the Innocent Sin fan translation, said that "Satan himself worked on the game engine."

So yeah... :(

Maybe thats why it didn't come here? Doesn't matter though, we didn't get it and it makes me feel like Ellen and Dafoe here:

Squire

Banned
^Well yea, they are a major selling point of the series, and they were adding some slink like systems to other megaten games outside of Persona, I am frankly surprised they didn't add a type of system to it to SMTIV!

Exactly. Now we're on the same page.

Levito

Banned
It'll defiantely have P3/4's DNA in it, but I'm sure P5 will probably be way different mechanically. You'd hope so on the more powerful hardware the
3DS
provides.

Maybe thats why it didn't come here? Doesn't matter though, we didn't get it and it makes me feel like Ellen and Dafoe here:

buddha delivers.

That image probably sums up the attitudes of all parties evolved on Beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom