• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Did you complete his S. Link in P3P? It made me appreciate him a whole lot more as a character (enough to max his level out, even :3)

Top 3 in P3 are Junpei, Shinji and Mitsuru in my opinion. The best non-SEES characters are Chihiro, Akinari and Saori.

Mitsuru's personality is terrible in my opinion. Completely cliche and unconvincing. Great design, boring character. Her role in the plot is good, but outside of that, I don't like her very much. Arena emphasized her flaws further, also.

kewlmyc

Mitsuru's personality is terrible in my opinion. Completely cliche and unconvincing. Great design, boring character. Her role in the plot is good, but outside of that, I don't like her very much. Arena emphasized her flaws further, also.

I find that her leadership skills and ability to stay calm and rational make up for her lack of personality. One scene in particular that me and my old roommate thought were cool was when the first shadow starts attacking the dorm and she immediately pulls out her evoker and takes command of the situation.

EMT0

Banned

I can't agree with this enough, Sempai.

Lunar15

I think Mitsuru's character makes complete sense and works really well. She comes from a serious family with a pretty dark past and heaps a load of responsibility on herself. Therefore she's cold and calculating. You never know where she stands. But over time she melts that away a little bit and you see what makes her tick and how she came to act the way she does. I think she's one of the stronger characters.

Akihiko is the one that isn't really strong, in my opinion.

fertygo

Yup, that's how I feel as well.. I also disliking the fact she supposed to be reliable but seemed throw all the responsibility to the MC. If the MC have more dialogue that show his leadership, her presence can be a lot worse. Lucky we are only playing silent protag.

Her VA terrible acting at "that moment" also not helping me to like her.

PK Gaming

Not that night, but
the pills he was on would have gotten him soon anyway if I recall correctly. He was fated to die, Ken and Strega just moved it up a bit.

Probably because P4 separates character development from the actual story while P3 includes it. It's also why some P4 characters might mature in their social link, yet digress back in the main story. Dojima is a good example of this.

I like him but I can't agree. Elizabeth, Junpei, Akihiko in terms of P3 at least.
How exactly does Dojima digress?

I think Mitsuru's character makes complete sense and works really well. She comes from a serious family with a pretty dark past and heaps a load of responsibility on herself. Therefore she's cold and calculating. You never know where she stands. But over time she melts that away a little bit and you see what makes her tick and how she came to act the way she does. I think she's one of the stronger characters.

Akihiko is the one that isn't really strong, in my opinion.
Yeah, his character pretty much boils down to "getting stronger without dealing with the consequences of life" and his arc deals with... not doing that. Plotwise, he kind of falls of the wayside when
Shinji dies.
I do find him enjoyable though, Aki's a pretty cool dude.

kewlmyc

How exactly does Dojima digress?

Yeah, his character pretty much boils down to "getting stronger without dealing with the consequences of life" and his arc deals with... not doing that. Plotwise, he kind of falls of the wayside when
Shinji dies.
I do find him enjoyable though, Aki's a pretty cool dude.
IIRC, his social link as all about getting over his past and spending more time with his family, only for him to constantly ditch Nanako several times afterward and the whole
I'm going to take you to jail and leave her by herself
. It just felt that the Dojima that I hung out with at the riverbank wasn't the same one that
held me in jail all night

Levito

Banned
The social links and what's happening in the plot definitely don't intertwine enough, I'd imagine some of that comes from the games being relatively low budget.

EDIT: Anyone have some good pictures of Margaret?

Sophia

In the case of Persona 4 I attribute that to the rather short development period the game had. They probably didn't have time to implement social links affecting the main storyline. Shame too, given the massive disconnect in Dojima's story.

Gazoinks

The social links and what's happening in the plot definitely don't intertwine enough, I'd imagine some of that comes from the games being relatively low budget.

EDIT: Anyone have some good pictures of Margaret?

I always liked this one.

tumblr_static_persona_4_margaret_by_izanagi_0xxi-d5ddi1o.png

PK Gaming

IIRC, his social link as all about getting over his past and spending more time with his family, only for him to constantly ditch Nanako several times afterward and the whole
I'm going to take you to jail and leave her by herself
. It just felt that the Dojima that I hung out with at the riverbank wasn't the same one that
held me in jail all night
Actually, I would argue that that's not the case. Adachi points out that Dojima only did imprisoned because he was worried about Y(o)u. From our universal god perspective he comes across as a roadblock who's just impeding our progress, but from a real-life perspective he's a parental figure doing everything in his power to protect his nephew (who's clearly embroiled in something big if he's getting threat letters). He had no reason to believe that
Nanako was in danger, so Y(o)u was his one and only priority.
I like to think that Dojima think's that Yu got caught up in some criminal circumstances.

Later, he trusts you enough to go off and
save Nanako
despite knowing that the
kidnapper is a potential killer.

So I wouldn't say that his development from his S.link doesn't apply to the main story. The immense trust he has for Y(o)u has clearly carried over.

Levito

Banned
Is she going to be on the next podcast?

Yup!

Making a questions post right now.

Like I said a few days ago, if people are interested in joining that one--There's a spot skill (potentially) open.

Actually, I would argue that that's not the case. Adachi points out that Dojima only did imprisoned because he was worried about Y(o)u. From our universal god perspective he comes across as a roadblock who's just impeding our progress, but from a real-life perspective he's a parental figure doing everything in his power to protect his nephew (who's clearly embroiled in something big if he's getting threat letters). He had no reason to believe that
I like to think that Dojima think's that Yu got caught up in some criminal circumstances.
\
save Nanako
despite knowing that the

So overall, I wouldn't say that his development from his S.link doesn't apply to the main story. The immense trust he has for Y(o)u has clearly carried over.

Yeah I'd argue that a lot of what goes on in the S.Links isn't immediately applicable to the plot. Especially when characters confide in you with certain(private) information.

I would like even just subtle little things though. Like characters are just warmer/friendlier the better you get to know them. Say you first met a character, they're distant--then you max a social link, then from that point on in the game they react to you differently.

kewlmyc

save Nanako
despite knowing that the

So I wouldn't say that his development from his S.link doesn't apply to the main story. The immense trust he has for Y(o)u has clearly carried over.
I understand what you're saying, however is just feels odd that his first reaction would be
to take you straight to questioning. Maybe a personal talk at home, but not straight to holding.

Yup!

Making a questions post right now.

Like I said a few days ago, if people are interested in joining that one--There's a spot skill (potentially) open.

I would but I've never been on one.

Yeah I'd argue that a lot of what goes on in the S.Links isn't immediately applicable to the plot. Especially when characters confide in you with certain(private) information.

I would like even just subtle little things though. Like characters are just warmer/friendlier the better you get to know them. Say you first met a character, they're distant--then you max a social link, then from that point on in the game they react to you differently.

It's not just Dojima though. Kanji comes to terms with hinmself in his social link, but is constantly trying to prove he's a manly man throughout the story. Most of this stuff would take a lot of work to fix, but still. It could kinda be like in P3 where the party social links deal with different issues other than the ones directly related to the plot.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I don't know who's worse. The Sonic Community or the MLP community.

Eventually MLP will die out though, Sonic... as long as they keep making those games... yeesh.

Caladrius

Is there some Rule34 for pony art? Because there should be.

This is seriously how I read that the first time.

Mitsuru is okay. She didn't come across as a goober like half of P3's cast, which is a huge point in her favor. She's not interesting but she's not offensive either.

Dantis

I don't know who's worse. The Sonic Community or the MLP community.

Eventually MLP will die out though, Sonic... as long as they keep making those games... yeesh.

I'm not even sure how to feel about it. It's harmless, I guess? I kinda think that it's no different to any other crossover art.

Gazoinks

I'm not even sure how to feel about it. It's harmless, I guess? I kinda think that it's no different to any other crossover art.

Yeah, it's only when it starts getting fetishy or sexualized when I start to get creeped out. But that's true of most fanart, not just crossover, so...

Dantis

I am of the opinion that WARGARBLE.

Hey so here's the questions post for the upcoming Michelle interview. If any of you know of a good place to share it, please do! I'd greatly appreciate it.

Stil haven't heard back from Lotus Juice--But he hasn't even seen the post yet according to Facebook.

Question: People want Persona 2 VO's on as I've heard a number of times--is there any particular VO any of you want to hear from?

The thing about P2's VOs is that they probably wouldn't remember it. Each character only has a handful of lines of dialogue. It's mostly unvoiced.

kewlmyc

I am of the opinion that WARGARBLE.

Hey so here's the questions post for the upcoming Michelle interview. If any of you know of a good place to share it, please do! I'd greatly appreciate it.

Stil haven't heard back from Lotus Juice--But he hasn't even seen the post yet according to Facebook.

Question: People want Persona 2 VO's on as I've heard a number of times--is there any particular VO any of you want to hear from?

I know it's probably IMPOSSIBLE, but I would love to see Troy Baker, Laura Bailey, and Yuri Lowenthal on there eventually. There would probably be a waiting list for people who want to cohost though.

Also, if you ever get Tara Platt on, I want on the show. Dat Elizabeth voice....

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I

OK I am doing research aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.

Amanda Winn-Lee was Ulala in P2 and Yukiko in P4
Dave Whittenberg was Katsuya in P2 aaaaaaaaaaaand Teddie in P4

But yeah, I highly doubt they'd remember anything about the recording for a game that came out about 14 years ago and may have had like, 3 lines, lol.

Gazoinks

I know it's probably IMPOSSIBLE, but I would love to see Troy Baker, Laura Bailey, and Yuri Lowenthal on there eventually. There would probably be a waiting list for people who want to cohost though.

Heh, I was about to say basically the same thing. Your best bet for P2 would probably be just using that as a connection for some cool VAs. And Troy did do Kanji. But yeah, they're all probably really busy.

Levito

Banned

Also, if you ever get Tara Platt on, I want on the show. Dat Elizabeth voice....

I sent an email to Yuri before and he never responded :(

Troy Baker and Laura Bailey would be amazing--and yes haha there's a waiting list already for those. Erin told us that they're both incredibly busy though. (Also I believe Scrafty asked Laura and never heard anything back)

Hmm Tara Platt was Mitsuru and Liz, good call! I'll see if I can contact her via email.

I sent an email to Yuri before and he never responded :(

Troy Baker and Laura Bailey would be amazing--and yes haha there's a waiting list already for those. Erin told us that they're both incredibly busy though. (Also I believe Scrafty asked Laura and never heard anything back)

Hmm Tara Platt was Mitsuru and Liz, good call! I'll see if I can contact her via email.

Yeah I can see Troy and Laura being very busy, they seem to be in a lot of games now lol. And if by some chance a Tara Platt episode does happen I'm sure it'll be a good listen

Levito

Banned
Tara's not happening. She's married to Yuri and they're attached at the hip.

Actually they both did that Persona Podcast show, Erin said Yuri would love to do it. It's entirely possible my message got buried or caught in a spam filter or something.

I would judge you, but I have a Miku plushie in my car and named my dog after her. So whelp.

Oh god you thought I was a Brony?

43626123-bertstare-gif-.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom