• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkeats

ioOSUsW.jpg

cjkeats

Kiosks? For a JRPG?

That seems unlikely to me. Not to mention expensive.

I think he's talking more like store displays. Lots of stores over there have little set ups with TVs that run trailers for whatever new release, or upcoming thing they're advertising.

Dantis

I think he's talking more like store displays. Lots of stores over there have little set ups with TVs that run trailers for whatever new release, or upcoming thing they're advertising.

But then I'd argue that that would be too small scale. You don't need a countdown and a timer and a list of locations for TVs running trailers over and over.

cjkeats

But then I'd argue that that would be too small scale. You don't need a countdown and a timer and a list of locations for TVs running trailers over and over.

My thoughts exactly.
EDIT: PS, what do you think of the art on this?

Pisses me off that these are prize figures only. They're gonna be a bitch to find reasonably online.

I got lucky with some other prize figures a couple years ago. Ordered 3 of the blind boxes, got Rise in the first box I opened.

Squire

Banned

I get your logic, but I do suspect there'll be kiosks with something playable.

Because really, the site, the locations - it's all a bit much for a simple teaser trailer. If anything we're talking about a full-blown, ~five-minute debut trailer that shows a little bot of everything including the cast and gameplay, but a thirty-second teaser this is not. They could put an ad in Famitsu and throw the clip on YouTube for that.

There were 20 minute presentations for P3/4, right? What if you go to the movie at one of these locations and afterward they roll a video presentation of the same ilk for P5?

Man Pokemon X is awesome, but it helps that I haven't touched a Pokemon since Gold.

It also helps that I have a group of friend to train with and fight against online.

Dantis

I get your logic, but I do suspect there'll be kiosks with something playable.

Because really, the site, the locations - it's all a bit much for a simple teaser trailer. If anything we're talking about a full-blown, ~five-minute debut trailer that shows a little bot of everything including the cast and gameplay, but a thirty-second teaser this is not. They could put an ad in Famitsu and throw the clip on YouTube for that.

There were 20 minute presentations for P3/4, right? What if you go to the movie at one of these locations and afterward they roll a video presentation of the same ilk for P5?

I don't think it will be a playable thing.

I do think it if it's a teaser it will be more than 30 seconds. I would not be at all surprised if it was a 20 minute video, and you also got like some art cards or something promotional as you went in.

My thoughts exactly.
EDIT: PS, what do you think of the art on this?

The lineart is fine, but I dislike the colouring. It has kind of a feminine look to me, which I'm not into.

Squire

Banned
I don't think it will be a playable thing.

I do think it if it's a teaser it will be more than 30 seconds. I would not be at all surprised if it was a 20 minute video, and you also got like some art cards or something promotional as you went in.

Yeah, a presentation (or at the very least a long-ish trailer) really makes the most sense to me.

A demo wouldn't really work with the way the series is structured.

^ or Shinjiro, Ken or Koromaru

She'll be in the second one for sure tho. I expect a lot of the focus in the marketing to be on her, Ken, and Shinjiro.

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind a Movie: Episode Aegis that stars get when she became a good character :p

kewlmyc

Koromaru makes me want to get a Shiba-Inu as a pet, but they're so hard to find where I am. I'll have to drive an entire day just to get a puppy.

Sophia

How so? All the sites I visited say that they're relatively easy dogs to raise.

They're very different than Labrador Retrievers, which is what I'm used to raising. While they're easy to raise, if you lose the alpha leader position with them they can become surprisingly stubborn.

Trigger

Bless you for that random post because I also marathoned Attack on Titan earlier. This show is pretty damn awesome minus Eren being a typical shonen protagonist.

Oh

um

Persona Persona Persona

Gazoinks

I have no where to go with this, so I figured that I'd come here with my thoughts.

I just finished episode 6, and Attack on Titan is the saddest show ever.

Join the AnimeGAF fold, Rockbrealer. one of us, one of us.

I feel like I should get around to watching AoT because everyone is always talking about it all the time, but I don't really like shonen (that's not Jojo). Saddest show ever, though? I don't know, I hear Clannad After Story is pretty heartwrenching. Also Madoka. Those're some other anime examples, at least. :p

Speaking of Jojo, for the new Jojo fighting game they displayed an extended trailer on a big a screen in downtown... somewhere. Tokyo I assume. Could be another theory for the mystery Persona cities, although something related to the movie probably makes more sense.

cjkeats

AoT is a pretty fun ride, despite the slump in the middle. I picked up the manga where the show ends and it keeps up being pretty crazy. Can't wait to see some of the stuff animated.
Join the AnimeGAF fold, Rockbrealer. one of us, one of us.
I feel like I should get around to watching AoT because everyone is always talking about it all the time, but I don't really like shonen (that's not Jojo). Saddest show ever, though? I don't know, I hear Clannad After Story is pretty heartwrenching. Also Madoka. Those're some other anime examples, at least. :p
AnimeGAF is for chumps.

Clannad? It still hurts.

Gazoinks

Oh yes. JoJo is what I spent the last month marathoning. (If you look to the left you'd notice I really liked Steel Ball Run.)

How blatantly is the concept of Personas a blend of SMT demons and Stands?

Pretty blatantly! Especially in Part 3 when the Stands were connected to the Tarot Arcana. I always thought it'd be cool to see a Jojo RPG kinda like Persona, but with some of the really weird abilities you get from the Jojo series. In general I like the idea of having these sort of personified guardian spirits. It's a cool way of keeping the characters themselves mundane (not that Jojo characters are mundane, really, I'm mostly talking about Persona here) while dealing with non-mundane stuff.

Part 6 is my favorite, but 7 is really close.

kewlmyc

I have no where to go with this, so I figured that I'd come here with my thoughts.

I just finished episode 6, and Attack on Titan is the saddest show ever.

It's not as sad as you think it is.

Liked the show overall and I'm now reading the manga, but it has its issues. Mostly with pacing and some of the characters(Mikasa has no personality whatsoever)

Pretty blatantly! Especially in Part 3 when the Stands were connected to the Tarot Arcana. I always thought it'd be cool to see a Jojo RPG kinda like Persona, but with some of the really weird abilities you get from the Jojo series. In general I like the idea of having these sort of personified guardian spirits. It's a cool way of keeping the characters themselves mundane (not that Jojo characters are mundane, really, I'm mostly talking about Persona here) while dealing with non-mundane stuff.

Part 6 is my favorite, but 7 is really close.

Oh yeah, I didn't even connect the Tarot stuff, that's almost directly relateable to the Persona 3 shadow bosses. I love the idea of your ego being tied to your prowess; as much as I like Fist of North Star-esque fights, it's a great alternative to that.

TBH, I need to read parts 5 and 6 still. The bad translation of 5 stopped me so I jumped into 7 since I knew it was standalone. Now I'm just starting 6, good so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom