• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazzy

Opened my key-rings, and lo and behold, Fuuka came out first! Labrys turned out to be the secret one of the set, so I guess that I'm lucky that I pulled that one too.

pcRaw1d.jpg

Ingram

So I'm ~20 hours into P3P and I was curious just how many floors there are. I figured ~100 or so. Nope!

Do I have to get to the very top? Oh god... I'm around floor 58, level 22. I think I've spent more time in Tartarus than anything else. Am I doing it wrong?

fertygo

So I'm ~20 hours into P3P and I was curious just how many floors there are. I figured ~100 or so. Nope!

Do I have to get to the very top? Oh god... I'm around floor 58, level 22. I think I've spent more time in Tartarus than anything else. Am I doing it wrong?

80% of your playtime are playing maze in that damn tower, no worries.

And if you not abusing Sexy Dance with Narcissus already, you doin it wrong.

Ingram

80% of your playtime are playing maze in that damn tower, no worries.

And if you not abusing Sexy Dance with Narcissus already, you doin it wrong.

Wow that's exactly my current persona and I do use that move unless I can target a weakness. I guess I'm not too astray. My only experience with SMT is playing 95% of Devil Survivor.

Sophia

You're fine. Just keep progressing as much as possible up the tower. You'll know if you've gone far enough up it because Elizabeth won't have any document requests for you and your path will be blocked.

Soriku

There are
main floors and there's an extra section you can open up with 10 additional floors.

Basically you're not even close to the top lol.

Meia

You're fine. Just keep progressing as much as possible up the tower. You'll know if you've gone far enough up it because Elizabeth won't have any document requests for you and your path will be blocked.

Yep. In general, make sure you hit the barricade/dead end of Tartarus before the deadline to do so ends, and you'll always be good to go. :)

Lunar15

PersonaGAF, are we theeeeere yet?

November is too far away and will probably be filled with nothing but disappointment and tears.

Dantis

Real talk: Persona 4's anime handled the Yukiko boss fight better than the game. Doing a rewatch while I do some programming.

Kind of. I wish the setting was more like that in the game, where it's this grand hall.

They kind of killed the symbolism though. Way too on the nose with it.

PK Gaming

Speak of the devil, i'm rewatching it too.

Neat little tidbit: At the beginning, Yu actually wears his uniform in the standard way. When he first summons Izanagi though, he unbuttons his and wears it in his iconic style from then on.

Going to post my thoughts on it when I finish

Dantis

Speak of the devil, i'm rewatching it too.

Neat little tidbit: At the beginning, Yu actually wears his uniform in the standard way. When he first summons Izanagi though, he unbuttons his and wears it in his iconic style from then on.

Going to post my thoughts on it when I finish

That's dynamite. I remember noticing it when I watched it, but I'd completely forgotten about it.

Screw the haters, it's excellent.

Gazoinks

I hated how the anime treated Kanji's dungeon. It was just one big "lol gay" joke.

Yeah, I think the anime had some issues with the handling of Kanji in general. The camping trip was also made a bit worse because Yu wasn't a neutral party to Yosuke like he was in the game.

My opinion on the P4 anime is basically that it's technically fairly mediocre, but it's a good supplement to the game and it's fun to see sequences from the game animated and such.

Sophia

I contend that if the show hadn't had production problems thanks to a few incompetent staff members, it would have been a genuinely good adaptation.

Yeah, I think the anime had some issues with the handling of Kanji in general. The camping trip was also made a bit worse because Yu wasn't a neutral party to Yosuke like he was in the game.

My opinion on the P4 anime is basically that it's technically fairly mediocre, but it's a good supplement to the game and it's fun to see sequences from the game animated and such.

Pretty sure he was joking with the whole "Not at night" thing. :p

Meia

I also think anything involving Nanako was nailed in the anime as well. The Nanako/Dojima slink episode was great, though the 2 parter with Loveline is probably my favorite episodes of the series.

Dantis

I also think anything involving Nanako was nailed in the anime as well. The Nanako/Dojima slink episode was great, though the 2 parter with Loveline is probably my favorite episodes of the series.

I hated the Loveline episode, but the one after it was excellent.

I almost felt like different people wrote the Shadow Kanji episode and the Camp Out Episode.

"Everyone has their own thing." -Yu towards Kanji accepting who he is."

"Senpai I thought you accepted me!"

"Not at night."- Yu towards Kanji in the camping episode.

I understand it was all for laughs, but its inconstant character wise.

Lunar15

I almost felt like different people wrote the Shadow Kanji episode and the Camp Out Episode.

"Everyone has their own thing." -Yu towards Kanji accepting who he is."

"Senpai I thought you accepted me!"

"Not at night."- Yu towards Kanji in the camping episode.

I understand it was all for laughs, but its inconstant character wise.

The inconsistency is the joke. Pretty common in japanese humor. Wisdom followed by exception.

Not sayin it's a good joke, though.

Sophia

The inconsistency is the joke. Pretty common in japanese humor. Wisdom followed by exception.

Not sayin it's a good joke, though.

Politic incorrectness/being rude are the joke there, asian style..

Yeah there's nothing inconsistent about it in Japan. Yu is just trying to be funny about the whole situation. It's not the only time he's ever made such humor, and it even shows up in the games too.

Kazzy

Real talk: Persona 4's anime handled the Yukiko boss fight better than the game. Doing a rewatch while I do some programming.

I unreservedly think that the Persona 4 anime was good, despite its glaring shortcomings. Of course, it has really spotty animation, and for a series that pins so much emphasis on how it presents itself, it really is a stumbling block. The abridged (well, sometimes) nature of the story never bothered me either. In isolation, a slavish retelling of the original narrative was never going to be all that exciting anyway, because it was always the characters that made it rise above the norm.

It had details that leave you in no doubt that someone had their eye on what fans really like about the games - it manages to dovetail almost all of the optional s-links into the story, managing to make some clever conceits to allow that. I can completely understand why there are criticism, and lets face it, there should be, but I don't think the series is quite the albatross that a lot of people deem it to be.

Rhapsody

Banned
The best part of P4's anime was basically all the funny scenes with Narukami.

There was a YT vid compiling all of them but it got removed. :/

PK Gaming

I'd say the show is worth it just for the episode about all the non-party social links. That episode is hilarious.

Oh absolutely. The episodes that were narrated from Yu's perspective (Yosuke in the japanese version) are amazing.

"Curse you neo featherman!"

Necrovex

I may shit on Persona 4 Animation at times, but I quite enjoyed the show. There is a reason why I own both Blu-Ray sets. Some of the scenes are handled much better than the games (i.e. shadow fights). The strongest element is the comedy; Persona 4 Animation was hilarious when it wanted to be.

I might rewatch the show in the near future.

Meia

I may shit on Persona 4 Animation at times, but I quite enjoyed the show. There is a reason why I own both Blu-Ray sets. Some of the scenes are handled much better than the games (i.e. shadow fights). The strongest element is the comedy; Persona 4 Animation was hilarious when it wanted to be.

I might rewatch the show in the near future.

The Blu-Ray only had one language, didn't it? Think I remember some controversy over that. Don't get me wrong, I like the dub if that's all that's on it, but new Naoto and Kanji voiced by someone else halfway through.....meh.

Chapter 5 in Corpse Party, almost done... and then... Innocent Sin!!

Any early suggestions? :)
I'd like to avoid having to drag an idiot in my party for the whole game missing out on one of the best looking characters instead like I did in Persona 1. Anything similar in IS?

kewlmyc

The Blu-Ray only had one language, didn't it? Think I remember some controversy over that. Don't get me wrong, I like the dub if that's all that's on it, but new Naoto and Kanji voiced by someone else halfway through.....meh.

Yeah, DVD is dual audio though. The did the BluRay like that to stop Japan from importing it. The news came right after the Arena region lock news too.

It was extremely stupid how they did not do the entire recording at once considering the release of the second half happened like 2 months after the first half released. Having two different actors for one character in the course of 26 episodes is super jarring.

cjkeats

Chapter 5 in Corpse Party, almost done... and then... Innocent Sin!!

Any early suggestions? :)
I'd like to avoid having to drag an idiot in my party for the whole game missing out on one of the best looking characters instead like I did in Persona 1. Anything similar in IS?

No, IS don't make you choose party members, and you can't miss anyone like P1, but late in the game
one person will leave and get replaced. You'll see it coming before it happens, but it shouldn't throw your party set up off too much

People will tell you to get Estoma for the encounter rate, but I found it useless because you'll always be underleveld, but the enemies are so easy you'll never need to grind or anything.

Aaahh! Spoiler tags don't work when replying! XD
I didn't read anything though :)
Is it safe to read for me? As long as it isn't a story spoiler I don't mind.

So this one has a high encounter rate too? Damn :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom