• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
some men just want to watch the dread burn

tumblr_m9i1wrd1Wk1rn53vuo1_500.gif

FTFY

BURN THE WITCH more like. Nice job there, Dantis.
Seriously I cannot wait for that, can't come out soon enough

Same. I plan to put in the effort to at least get decent at the game this time around. Heck I think I'll play Arena again once I'm done with Pokemon X. Just gotta hope there's no big delay for Europe this time around!

Don't forget to at least seek a persona with Estoma

Question, does Estoma effectively reduce the encounter rate or does it prevent weak monsters from attacking you?
I play low leveled so the latter wouldn't make any effect on me.

Also, look what I drew:

It's a little rough, but I still think it came out okay. I can never be bothered to do proper lineart any more. It's so time consuming. Sketches like this are much easier.

That's beautiful! :O

Gazoinks

Question, does Estoma effectively reduce the encounter rate or does it prevent weak monsters from attacking you?

It prevents encounters from monsters lower than your level. You'll get a lot more use out of it in EP than IS.

cjkeats

Atlus sale again. 14 games are on, including Persona 1, 2, and 3 Portable.
Nothing good I don't already own., but this reminds me that I should probably play some of those Sting games I keep buying. I was really hoping Stella Deus would go down, I'd like to try it just for the art.

Low levels, which is why I said it was effectively useless.

cj_iwakura

Stella Deus in a nutshell:

-Fantastic art
-Good story
-Decent-to-good gameplay

I still have my day 1 PS2 copy.

The voting for the cover was fun times. My choice won.

Necrovex

You guys are weird.

I came back from my run earlier in the evening, and this woman walked up to me. I greeted her like I do for anyone I pass by. She told me that Jesus told her how a random man, who I never heard of, abuses me, and I have to call the FBI and police. I

She was hot, so I thought about playing along and try to have crazy religious sex with her. But I decided against it, since I didn't want to be murdered at a later point. So, I told her to have a nice evening, and I scurried back to my house.

That was my evening before I saw Carrie. I hope this post supports your claim. :)

Meia

Podcast with Michelle was really flippin' crazy and amazing.

Did you know she started out doing fandubs for Sailor Moon? Hahaha so great.

Hahahah she did so much of the Apple voice, Armada spoke to his Waifu a bunch.

Ok, that could be great. :D

Jintor

why is drawing so hard

i used to be like 'aww yis i'm awesome at this'

now i just recognise how crappy i am

it used to flow effortlessly what happened WHERE'S THE MAGIC GONE

Daimaou

why is drawing so hard

Dunning-Kruger effect. As you become more skilled at something, you're more able to recognize your mistakes.

Daimaou

This is a thing? Maybe I should re-attempt that pic I wrecked soon.

Yes.

In a nutshell, people without experience or training in a subject tend to think it's easier or that they're better at something than they actually are. Conversely, as people gain experience or training they tend to feel they are worse at something than they actually are because they have the understanding necessary to recognize the faults in their work, and assume other people have the same understanding.

Dantis

why is drawing so hard

If it feels easy then you're doing it wrong. :p

You shouldn't worry about it. You're good at the style that you draw in, and you keep improving, so what's the problem?

Doge?
Koro_DogeE_zps0b8ad4b3.jpg

This is a thing? Maybe I should re-attempt that pic I wrecked soon.

Did you draw that? The lines look that same as yours, at least.

cj_iwakura

Speaking of evolving art, I love seeing how Konami's Goli Matsumoto's work evolved over the years.

BeatmaniaIIDX2ndStyle%28logo%29.jpg

to
Beatmania_IIDX_5th_Style_cover.jpg

to
Beatmania_IIDX_10th_Style_cover.jpg

to
1Cj9K8k.jpg

Shame I don't think he's worked on anything besides Beatmania...

For lack of a better word, his characters always have a certain cool to them.

And yes, they all have names and personalities.

Yes.

In a nutshell, people without experience or training in a subject tend to think it's easier or that they're better at something than they actually are. Conversely, as people gain experience or training they tend to feel they are worse at something than they actually are because they have the understanding necessary to recognize the faults in their work, and assume other people have the same understanding.
Yeah lol, that's straight where I headed, good ol' Wikipedia :p. Not sure if I completely understand it, but whatevs.

Did you draw that? The lines look that same as yours, at least.
It's just a half-assed trace-over :p. Though I've posted like three pictures ever and you can tell from the lines? That's interesting.

Necrovex

why is drawing so hard

At least you guys can draw! I can barely write my name without it looking like a complete mess. :'-(

Just started Persona 2 Innocent Sin!

The opening movie looked really cool, the characters all looked very interesting!

I was just trying to install data (good thing there is the possibility...) but the battery was almost dead so I guess I'll retry tomorrow morning.

I'm very excited to be finally playing this :)

kewlmyc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom