• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

I wouldn't really think that if we're to roll with the assumption that the game would be revealed before TGS (which, I'm not totally on board with), but it's possible.

There's the SMTIV NA launch on July 16. The Persona Music thing on August 13. Gamescom on August 21. The rumored PS4 event before TGS. And finally TGS on September 19.

If Aeana's correct, I expect a reveal before TGS, and TGS to have an actual trailer and/or demo.

Squire

Banned
We're anticipating a 2014 release aren't we? =/

We are.

I wouldn't really think that if we're to roll with the assumption that the game would be revealed before TGS (which, I'm not totally on board with), but it's possible.

There's the SMTIV NA launch on July 16. The Persona Music thing on August 13. Gamescom on August 21. The rumored PS4 event before TGS. And finally TGS on September 19.

How so? Both Persona 3 and Persona 4 were announced and released within the same year. Recent trends indicate otherwise, though, yeah.

Oh so it's not late this year? Cool. Starts a day before my birthday.

Persona 4's 5th anniversary is in 3 days.

Yeah, the thing about a domain filing means anything can happen any time afterward. We never know how close we are.

Tamanon

Banned

How so? Both Persona 3 and Persona 4 were announced and released within the same year. Recent trends indicate otherwise, though, yeah.

Yeah, it's kinda hard to imagine, but Persona 4 was announced in March 2008 and released in July 2008, which is kinda crazy considering how well in advance we hear about games now.

Squire

Banned
I still have the 17 minute trailers for both games on my hard drive. They've survived 3 computers and 4 hard drives.

Man I suddenly feel old.

Are they exactly 17 minutes? Is there any significance to that ?

Also, with these anniversaries so close together and so soon, do you guys think it might be in one of the next two issues of Famitsu?

We already know they drop the biggest news in issues they don't tease.

FluxWaveZ

Also, with these anniversaries so close together and so soon, do you guys think it might be in one of the next two issues of Famitsu?

Well, the five year anniversary of Persona 4 is relatively special and that combined with the recent Persona 5 domain news makes things a bit interesting.

Can't say either way.

Daimaou

Are they exactly 17 minutes? Is there any significance to that ?

We already know they drop the biggest news in issues they don't tease.

No, P3's is 17:25 and P4's is 17:10. I doubt there's anything significant to it.

I kind of hope they do something for them, but I doubt it'll happen.

Edit: Here are the two trailers in question, just in case people are curious

Persona 3
Persona 4

Meia

I you get one more hype stamp, you get a free serving of daigaku imo!

tumblr_m8nvsvo0jJ1r0rwlxo3_500.png

Sophia

Edit: Here are the two trailers in question, just in case people are curious

Persona 3
Persona 4

I've never seen the P3 Famitsu Wave trailer, but the P4 one had some differences from the final game.... Time to check out the P3 one and see if there's any differences.

EDIT: So far the differences are:

• The "elevator" that is the Velvet Room is not moving initially. It starts moving during Igor's dialogue.
  • Burn My Dread -Last Battle- is different
  • Want To Be Close, the school music theme, is different
  • There's no onscreen clock/date display when inside Tartarus or during the Dark Hour. It appears during the normal day portion however.
  • Weirdly, the clock/date display does show up during the Full Moon event, but it's the normal blue color.
  • There's a scene with Natsuki in a room at the dorm. The room is slightly different from the final game.
  • Monad is there from the beginning in Tartarus.
  • There is no savepoint in Tartarus.
  • The lighting effects in Tartarus have changed. You can clearly see the support structures, where as in the final game there are shadows over them.
  • The font used in battle for HP/SP is different than in the final game.
  • Orpheus is seen casting things like God's Hand in the trailers and stuff, lawls.
  • Everyone is at awkward experience levels during the trailer too.
  • Yukari can apparently cast Megidolan....
  • Fuuka is a member of the party during the monorail train incident.
  • Fuuka's portrait in battle is different. It's flipped, and you can see more of her uniform.
  • Weirdly. Fuuka's portrait shows up correctly later on in the trailer.
  • The battle against the tank shadow only shows three party members with an empty fourth slot.
  • I have no idea what this is or where this battle is taking place. Nevermind. This is the fusion spell Summer Dream. You use Titania + Oberon to summon it.
  • The protagonist's room shows him using the computer with the curtains closed and what appears to be night time.
  • The Photography Club room is missing the red light and looks slightly different.
  • The level up screen is different. It appears to be transparent
  • It is daytime when the protagonist joins SEES.
  • Ryoji's scarf is longer on his NPC model, matching his artwork.
  • Hagakure (the ramen shop) doesn't appear to have doors. That or they're open during the scene where Shinjiro joins. In the final game, they close before he even starts talking.
  • The scene where Junpei gets his evolved Persona
    and Chidori dies
    is VERY different looking.The floor is all red, animated, and looks like blood.

Sophia

The only thing I don't like about Meguro is that he tends to get credit for stuff he didn't create. You have no idea how many times I've seen the P4 Reincarnation album credited to him, even though he did almost no work on it.

Dantis

The only thing I don't like about Meguro is that he tends to get credit for stuff he didn't create. You have no idea how many times I've seen the P4 Reincarnation album credited to him, even though he did almost no work on it.

Wrong. All the vocal tracks are Meguro.

pirata

Man, seeing all these comments by the mods about how "interesting" things will be Once P5 is revealed is making me nervous. I've been interpreting it as meaning it would show up on ps4, but now I'm not so sure. God, I hope Microsoft didn't pick this up as an exclusive. It sounds far-fetched, but stranger things have happened.

Man, seeing all these comments by the mods about how "interesting" things will be Once P5 is revealed is making me nervous. I've been interpreting it as meaning it would show up on ps4, but now I'm not so sure. God, I hope Microsoft didn't pick this up as an exclusive. It sounds far-fetched, but stranger things have happened.

p5 will definitely not be a microsoft exclusive.

Sophia

So here I am going through the Persona 3 trailer, and I come across this...

Yukari casting Megidolan. Yeah.... thaaat doesn't happen in the final game, lol.

Also of note:
Final section of Tartarus, but still the initial Persona for Yukari

EDIT: Okay puzzle time.

http://youtu.be/ouI4EULiwX8?t=13m31s

At 13 minutes and 31 seconds in this trailer there's a shot that I don't reconize. It shows the protagonist/Junpei/Akihiko fighting in an area that doesn't resemble anything from the final game. Anyone got an clues as to what it might be? Trying to make sure my memory isn't failing me.

kewlmyc

That widescreen mod doesn't really help out the game, imo.

Half the time there are NPCs continuing to walk in place where they would originally be offscreen.

Heh, it is pretty funny when NPCs start walking in place then vanish in midair. At least the overworld and battles look better. One tradeoff for two good things isn't that bad.

What does PersonaGaf think of Shoji Meguro? Alot of old-school fans seem to dislike him.

I like what he did with the P3 soundtrack and a lot of what he did with the Nocturne soundtrack. I also like some of the Catherine soundtrack. That's about it though.

Oh okay so then:
-P1 is silver
-P2 IS is red
-P2 EP is purple
-P3 is blue/pink
-P4- is yellow

They don't seem to follow any patterns.. hm...
I think it might be orange or black, and green if it's Xbone exclusive lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom