• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mvzdokhfXp1srvbh9o6_r1_250.gif

Did... did Makoto just get to 2nd base?
Damn straight he did, watch out Narukami there's some competition

guys my hype is making me loco. I gotta burn my hype.

Tamanon

Banned
If the goal is to leverage Persona 5 to help Atlus make some money, PS3 makes the most sense, especially because it opens the door to a PS4 remake. PS4 means that you don't really have a Vita remake option down the road(theoretically) because of Remote Play.

Either way, I'm hoping for PS3, if only because I selfishly already own one. Vita would be alright too, but I'm not getting a PS4 until later next year.

EMT0

Banned
Because cross-gen is a waste of development time and resources.

I'd beg to differ. Persona 5 is going to have grassroots hype for it through the roof. Persona fans tend to be annoyingly loud and vocal about their love for the franchise, which means the hype would probably bleed over to gaming outlets to some extent. If it was the ONLY JRPG available for the PS4, I think you'd see people with a casual interest in JRPGs who've only heard good word of mouth for years now and nothing else may jumping on it.

My two cents on what Atlus could be thinking, anyways(for a cross-gen release).

Levito

Banned
Oh it'll be a PS3 game, that's a given. But you know that DS3 is mighty hard to go back to after using the DS4.

Need extra long micro usb cable.

kewlmyc

Atlus can barely handle multiplats (I think P4A is the only one and that was mostly due to Arcsys), I don't see them doing cross-gen releases.

EMT0

Banned
Atlus can barely handle multiplats (I think P4A is the only one and that was mostly due to Arcsys), I don't see them doing cross-gen releases.

What about Catherine? If what we've heard about the PS4 being incredibly easy to port/develop for is true, I could see Atlus deciding to do it on their own, or maybe even Sony stepping in to help with the porting process.

FluxWaveZ

If it was the ONLY JRPG available for the PS4, I think you'd see people with a casual interest in JRPGs who've only heard good word of mouth for years now and nothing else may jump on it.

Persona 5 being a PS4 only game could indeed be very beneficial for it if released early enough because of the amount of attention it would get. It's probably why P4G did as well as it did despite being on the PlayStation Vita because it was released early on when the Vita didn't have a whole lot going for it.

Dantis

What about Catherine? If what we've heard about the PS4 being incredibly easy to port/develop for is true, I could see Atlus deciding to do it on their own, or maybe even Sony stepping in to help with the porting process.

Catherine was on a third party engine.

This mystery is solved.

http://p-ch.jp/ and http://persona5.jp/ have the same IP addresses and domain servers, and the traceroute for the sites are the same.

Well then, get ready for Persona 5 on November 24, I guess.

後編は、11月15日の公開を予定しています

Taken from the P4U2 Dengeki interview. When translated, it says "The sequel (referring to P4U2) will be open to the public on November 15."
Whether they mean this will be an announcement or release date, is beyond me. But, this confirms that November 24 is for Persona 5, and not for P4U2.

kewlmyc

Forgot about Catherine, but as Dantis said that was on a 3rd party engine. Didn't Atlus say P5 would be on their own engine?

Sophia

Business decision to decide on a single platform for most games != unable to handle multiplatform titles.

Lunar15

I'd beg to differ. Persona 5 is going to have grassroots hype for it through the roof. Persona fans tend to be annoyingly loud and vocal about their love for the franchise, which means the hype would probably bleed over to gaming outlets to some extent. If it was the ONLY JRPG available for the PS4, I think you'd see people with a casual interest in JRPGs who've only heard good word of mouth for years now and nothing else may jumping on it.

The issue isn't how much it's going to sell: It's how much staff and development time they're willing to bleed off to design it for two consoles, unless they port the exact same version with no next gen upgrades. But at that point, why not just put it on PS3 and call it a day?

Squire

Banned
It's Persona 5: The Twerk. I called it a while back. Five is the number of waifus you can have at a time.

Miley is the MC.

whatatwist.jpeg

Damn, now we need fan art of Miley as Nanako and Billy Rey as Dojima.

I've been thinking for a while that PS4 could be back on. Game could be cross-gen now. The team is safe and secure now, so why not?

Yakuza Isshin is cross-gen and Persona takes those games to the cleaners (in the west).

Gazoinks

If P5 is a PS4 exclusive Gazoinks am cry.

I'm primarily a PC person, I neever buy consoles at release. Like to wait a few years for a big library and lower price. So yeah that's my selfish reasoning for a PS3 release. :p

Or they could just release PC ports of all their games.

todd360

I don't know. I still don't think we can count ps4 out. Ps3 is for sure the most likely though going by history.

I really hope xbone doesn't get it as well though. Losing versus and kingdom hearts as exclusives was just to much.

Persona awaits.

Squire

Banned
Begging for cross gen is just as bad as begging for 3DS.

I don't know about you, but some of us out here ballin' hard all day errday, know what what I'm sayin'?

Unlike some of these mothafuckin' cheese burger lockerz, me and my boy Tyrone Levito got PS4 on lock for day one and the PS3 stay true, 'cause the only thing we got burnin' is bread.

So I don't give a fuck what P5 is on. Holla at ya boy, Hashino!

I started Trailer Park Boys last night.

Squire

Banned
Begging for cross gen is just as bad as begging for 3DS.

I don't know about you, but some of us out here ballin' hard all day errday, know what what I'm sayin'?

Unlike some of these mothafuckin' cheese burger lockerz, me and my boy Tyrone Levito got PS4 on lock for day one and the PS3 stay true, 'cause the only thing we got burnin' is bread.

kewlmyc

It'll be on PS3. We all know this deep down.

The bigger question is what do you guys what from the game? 3 types of physical and the ability to use any weapon is all I'm really asking for.

Soriku

I'd be surprised if Atlus themselves had plans for a PS4 port. JRPGs are usually very focused experiences on very few platforms (1-2 max normally, across platforms similar in power if multiplat, ie. PS3 and 360 for example) and well, how many JRPGs are actually cross gen? I can't really think of anything save for MMORPGs. So yeah it'd be pretty surprising if Atlus actually came through with one of the first ever cross gen JRPGs, especially considering they're not even the largest company. Not impossible though, just surprising.

Taking that into account, I would mainly be able to see a PS4 port if Sega guns for it and helps Atlus out, but outside of Yakuza does Sega really have anything major in the works for PS4? Even with Yakuza all the screens and trailers look like they come from the PS3 version (at least they don't look PS4 level) so you have to wonder if Sega would even really care about making it a cross gen game or just play it safe if all Atlus has developed for was PS3 and maybe 360.

I wonder, how many people would actually be considering a PS4 version as a possibility if mods didn't say anything (and whatever they said may have been misconstrued anyway--at least duckroll seems like he's been trolling the whole time).

Lunar15

Yesterday you said the begging on 3DS isn't that bad, so therefore cross gen begging isn't that bad. HUEHUEHUEHUE :p

Curses, foiled again! I'll get you next time Levito!

Real talk though: It depends on what we're talking about here. A simple port? Why not! But if you mean a significantly advanced next gen version, Like say, AC4, then I'm against it. I just feel like developing two versions holds the next gen game back, and hurts development overall. Plus, we'd all want the most advanced version anyway, so what's the point?

In my eyes, it would be like asking for both 3DS and Vita versions at the same time. Having to work on a 3DS version would only serve to hinder development of the Vita version, and we'd all just want the Vita version anyway.

fertygo

The bigger question is what do you guys what from the game? 3 types of physical and the ability to use any weapon is all I'm really asking for.

Mini-sandbox and more developed time progression would be neat.

Levito

Banned
Curses, foiled again! I'll get you next time Levito!

Real talk though: It depends on what we're talking about here. A simple port? Why not! But if you mean a significantly advanced next gen version, Like say, AC4, then I'm against it. I just feel like developing two versions holds the next gen game back, and hurts development overall. Plus, we'd all want the most advanced version anyway, so what's the point?

Assassin's Creed 4 is basically the exact same across current and next gen hardware actually.

I'd prefer to play it on the PS4, but hey I'm not expecting it nor do I care if it's a PS3 game. Personally I just want a console game in general--PS4 would just be extra nice.

Hahaha, good stuff.

Squire

Banned

I like the format and flow of the games I just want to see them expanded.

For the people who've played Catherine, how do you expect that game to influence P5's design?

Sophia

I want a fully realized city to explore, with dungeons to match it in scope. I don't care about the rest of the game, as long as it feels like an evolution in those two aspects.

P5 is a PS4-exclusive, but like SMT4 it won't actually be released until like a year after the countdown site appeared and then on top of that it'll be like two months before the NA release. Please look forward to purchasing Persona 5, coming Q4 2014~

EMT0

Banned
P5 is a PS4-exclusive, but like SMT4 it won't actually be released until like a year after the countdown site appeared and then on top of that it'll be like two months before the NA release. Please look forward to purchasing Persona 5, coming Q4 2014~

Why would you do this

;_____________;

Ooo stuff is happening.
So 2015 for us in Europe then? Oh good, won't be able to get a PS4 until then anyways, will pick it up around the same time as the Arena 2 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom