• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrefpvs

So, who else is going to attempt going on a media blackout after the reveal stuff for Persona 5 is out?

I feel that Persona games are best experienced when you don't know a lot about them.

todd360

So, who else is going to attempt going on a media blackout after the reveal stuff for Persona 5 is out?

I feel that Persona games are best experienced when you don't know a lot about them.

I will probably try and fail miserably.

Also that voldy hug is super awkward. Not sure if want.

Trigger

I'll still watch most of the gameplay trailers and just avoid hard details of the plot. Things like who joins the party or persona designs are fine with me. I didn't know who P4's killer was for example, but knew about Kanji or Naoto joining the party.

I can't quit you guys. I would miss out on so much speculatory fun!

I swear to god though, if some dinglepuss newbie comes into this thread with unmarked spoilers, then I'm going to have to, how you say, "bust a cap in them."

EMT0

Banned
I can't quit you guys. I would miss out on so much speculatory fun!

I swear to god though, if some dinglepuss newbie comes into this thread with unmarked spoilers, then I'm going to have to, how you say, "bust a cap in them."

I think we all will Scrafty. I'll hold em down, you can scuff him in the face, while everybody does a punch in gut rotation until the mods come and stop our party.

I'll still watch most of the gameplay trailers and just avoid hard details of the plot. Things like who joins the party or persona designs are fine with me. I didn't know who P4's killer was for example, but knew about Kanji or Naoto joining the party.
Yup, pretty much this. Haven't had much trouble avoiding big spoilers before.
"Stop or I'll pop a cap in ya!"
92e763bc-7ac9-4b49-b528-ca628c65bf51_zpse36d3aa9.jpg

Marche90

I spoiled myself on everything about P4 before even buying the game (even the killer's identity ffs), so I'm good. Doesn't mean I'll go searching for spoilers this time, though.

Squire

Banned

Yeah, I'll probably be the same.

Thinking about it I realize I've never closely followed one of these games up to its release, so I'm not to up on Atlus' promotion habits.

Like, SE always uses the last two months before a games release to start putting spoiler-y stuff in Famitsu.

todd360

I think I might just hang out here for awhile. The rest of gaf has gone full on resolutiongate discussion. It will be funny if p5 is on both new consoles. It will be more p5 is 1080p on ps4 but you can't really tell that xbone is 720p haha.

Caladrius

I think I might just hang out here for awhile. The rest of gaf has gone full on resolutiongate discussion. It will be funny if p5 is on both new consoles. It will be more p5 is 1080p on ps4 but you can't really tell that xbone is 720p haha.

I will take nonstop Tuesday spamming any day over Resolutiongate/Nintendoomed/This game sucks/Defend stupid asshole to the death.

To be fair to gaming side LttP/RttP are occasionally fun.

Can't read runes so not me.

Plus, I bet that it will be a really short time from from JP release to NA release anyway.

"Sorry, Europe"

Oh wait, y'all can import. :D

Europe will no doubt get ANY Atlus games about 6 months after...SMT4 still hasn't even got a peep since one of he Nintendo Directs from couple of months ago...

Counting on importing, fuck I'm waiting when America gets this XD

Who's with me that PersonaGAF's OT3 title should be 'SPOIL AND BE EXECUTED'? Yes, in caps.

We talking 5 or anything within Persona ;P

Soriku

Yeah let's hope P5 isn't subjected to that shit. Not even sure I'd say it's likely for P5 to be on PS4, let alone Xbox One.

Yeah, I'll probably be the same.

Thinking about it I realize I've never closely followed one of these games up to its release, so I'm not to up on Atlus' promotion habits.

Like, SE always uses the last two months before a games release to start putting spoiler-y stuff in Famitsu.

Well, with Catherine, it was several months before they revealed that it had actual gameplay, and a lot of the SMT4 story material was trolling, so take that as you will

Sophia

Who's with me that PersonaGAF's OT3 title should be 'SPOIL AND BE EXECUTED'? Yes, in caps.

Nah. Pretty sure Dantis already has a title planned out, so short of something amazing coming out of the P5 reveal it'll be that.

And I'm sure the mods will be watching for spoilers for P5 anywhere. They're usually pretty good at that, plus some people like myself don't care and can report it. :p

Well, with Catherine, it was several months before they revealed that it had actual gameplay, and a lot of the SMT4 story material was trolling, so take that as you will

I don't really recall any spoiler material coming out of the SMT 4 pre-release. Lots came out of 4chan when the game got a Japanese release tho.

Soriku

I played P4 in 2009. I appreciated the fact that when I went on Youtube to listen to the OST before I played it there were very little spoilers to be found. Nowadays if you look up a video on Youtube you can probably find the identity of the killer on one of the side vids somewhere, if not in your search. No idea if the same will be with P5.

I don't really recall any spoiler material coming out of the SMT 4 pre-release. Lots came out of 4chan when the game got a Japanese release tho.

I'm pretty sure the only real spoiler was
Lucifer appearing as an assist character in one of the English Nintendo Directs
, but what I mean by trolling was how they downplayed the importance of certain characters while upplaying the importance of others and in general focusing on the
Mikado
parts rather than the meat of the game.

I played P4 in 2009. I appreciated the fact that when I went on Youtube to listen to the OST before I played it there were very little spoilers to be found. Nowadays if you look up a video on Youtube you can probably find the identity of the killer on one of the side vids somewhere, if not in your search. No idea if the same will be with P5.

I personally love how people choose the spoileriest thumbnail frames for their videos on Youtube. There was a lot of that for P4G and SMT4, and it's like, "Thanks asshole!"

kewlmyc

Heh, you're probably right. I knew about almost everything that was new in P4G and I was actively avoiding it. It's just so easy to get accidentally spoiled, with Twitter/Facebook/GAF/Newsletters etc...

PersonaGAF is like crystal meth. Addicting and will one day be the death of me. I can't leave you guys. Hopefully some idiot does NOT go and spoil the entire thing in here.

PersonaGAF is like crystal meth. Addicting and will one day be the death of me. I can't leave you guys. Hopefully some idiot does go and spoil the entire thing in here.

Will PersonaGAF lynch on him to be banned ;P

Now you guys are making me imagine Dantis writing a TOS on OT3 that'll give him the ability to complain to an admin and banned said users XD

Sophia

I personally love how people choose the spoileriest thumbnail frames for their videos on Youtube. There was a lot of that for P4G and SMT4, and it's like, "Thanks asshole!"

One Persona 4 video on YouTube flat out spoils a major plot twist in it. Even if you don't search for the plot twist specifically, just putting in
a certain character's name
ensures it appears as the very first video. No spoiler warning on the video anywhere too, lol...

To add irony to the insult, the video after it is a spoiler for the spoiler. Go figure.

Tamanon

Banned
I have no self-control and spoiled the ending of P3 and the killer of P4 just because it was there.:/

I'm not there for the twists anyways, plus in P4 I was still surprised by *November/December spoilers*
Nanako's death. That damn music cue fooled me!

I'm sure I'll spoil myself again dangit. I just make sure not to catch anyone else in the crossfire.

Squire

Banned
Pursuing My True Sequel is GOAT and appropriate since we might actually hit OT3 when the reveal happens.

Yeah, that's too perfect. If we're not on to OT3 by the time the reveal hits, I bet we'll push to it the day the site goes up, so if there's a tag line then we can use that.

Well, that can be fun.

Dantis

Mildly serious post here:

I think we should make an agreement in regards to P5 details. As far as text goes, a lot of it's common sense. If we're talking about what a main character looks like, that's fine. If we're talking about events, it's probably best to spoiler it.

As far as images go, I'm inclined to say we should virtually have a no-embedding policy for them, and just link them normally (Outside of like, main character art and whatnot). My thinking is that different people consider different things to be spoilers, and it's likely that some people will want to go in completely fresh. And obviously, this being NeoGAF, every time new screens come out there'll be a dedicated thread over in Gaming for discussing it in depth anyway. If everyone (Or rather, the majority of active users in here) agrees, I'll put it in the OP for OT3.

kewlmyc

I think we should make an agreement in regards to P5 details. As far as text goes, a lot of it's common sense. If we're talking about what a main character looks like, that's fine. If we're talking about events, it's probably best to spoiler it.

As far as images go, I'm inclined to say we should virtually have a no-embedding policy for them, and just link them normally (Outside of like, main character art and whatnot). My thinking is that different people consider different things to be spoilers, and it's likely that some people will want to go in completely fresh. And obviously, this being NeoGAF, every time new screens come out there'll be a dedicated thread over in Gaming for discussing it in depth anyway. If everyone (Or rather, the majority of active users in here) agrees, I'll put it in the OP for OT3.

Yes, sir!

Trigger

I agree. You have my evoker, Dantis-kun.

Andrefpvs

Yeah, this sounds good. I'm extremely picky and anal about spoilers.

Unfortunately, my brain also quickly deduces spoilers from people's cryptic comments :p Story time:

This one time (serious Valkyria Chronicles spoilers)
a friend came over and noticed that I was playing VC. He had already watched the anime, but was curious about how the game played. So I loaded my saved game (I was at chapter 3, I think), and resumed a battle. After the battle, there was a cutscene with Isara. The moment she appeared on screen, my friend jokingly goes "Oh... sniff-sniff". I looked at him in disbelief and said "She fucking dies in this game, doesn't she?" He tried to deny it but that plot point was already RUINED right there :p

Squire

Banned

Sounds good.

I will do my best to keep from spoiling myself. I finished P3 for the first time mere months before P4G came out and I ignored everything. It was really fun going into a game fresh like that. This time, though, my hype level is skyrocketing, so I think it will be tougher...

Make it so, senpai.

cjkeats

Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

Wanting to see things fresh for yourself and have fun first experiences with plot twists and surprises, and expecting people to have the decency to allow you to have that without ruining it for you is a bad culture apparently.

Tamanon

Banned
Hey guys, http://p-atlus.jp has a little area to pick your skin for the Persona Portal site in the upper right corner. They added what looks like a new P4U skin(which I assume is for the sequel) along with a grey mystery skin that you can't select yet. I can't read the text, but I assume it says something like "Coming soon".

Actually looking at the source code of it. http://p-atlus.jp/images/btn_theme_p4u2.gif is labeled as P4U2, while the other one http://p-atlus.jp/images/btn_theme_soon.gif is obviously labeled soon......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom