• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
I am still salty that Naoto didn't get a damn Raidou outfit.

Yeah, that's a total missed opportunity.

Word. Costumes are awesome.

*dap* You're wrong about Yukiko though.

Soo who is definitively getting the PS4 at launch? Add me if you haven't already, so we can plaaaaaay together :D PSN ID: Cheska19

I am! I pre-ordered, but it's supposed to be my Christmas present to myself. Might give in to day one hype though, who knows. I'll add you.

Dr. Buni

The hopes that there's no DLC and everything is on the disc, some DLCs would be pleasant ones and some can be terrible but more than likely it'll be in the next game.
I know I will most likely buy whatever DLC they release, but I am still a bit iffy about supporting this sort of thing :p
Ah newcomer, here's ya welcome post: Welcome ;P
Welcome, new folk!

Initiation question: who da man?

Junp-no wait, you da man!

Thanks for the welcome, guys!
Welcome! And yeah, don'tforgetyou'rehereforever.jpeg :D

Thanks! :D

Marche90

Soo who is definitively getting the PS4 at launch? Add me if you haven't already, so we can plaaaaaay together :D PSN ID: Cheska19

Have a PS3? If so, sure I will (won't be getting a PS4 until late next year at least :( )

At the rate this thread is barreling we're going to cap it out this Saturday.

Even Friday's optimistic. How many pages did we advanced today?

How about no DLCs? :/ Or costume DLCs at most, please.

Posting in an community thread for the first time always feels awkward to me.

Welcome! And yeah, don'tforgetyou'rehereforever.jpeg :D

So, we all know that the music of the games is important to Persona, what should 5 be like there? Personally, I think every dungeon should have its own battle theme. The whole one battle song, one boss song thing feels a bit outdated to me honestly. I know I love the SMTIV ost, and quite a few don't, but you have to appreciate what that game and Nocturne did. They each have a sizable handful of normal battle songs, SMTIV having 3, and Nocturne having even more.

cjkeats

So, we all know that the music of the games is important to Persona, what should 5 be like there? Personally, I think every dungeon should have its own battle theme. The whole one battle song, one boss song thing feels a bit outdated to me honestly. I know I love the SMTIV ost, and quite a few don't, but you have to appreciate what that game and Nocturne did. They each have a sizable handful of normal battle songs, SMTIV having 3, and Nocturne having even more.

This. Plus it gives them more excuses for concerts.

Soriku

Yes. I don't know about every dungeon having its own theme (I'd like it but don't know if it'd be manageable) but there should be at least three regular battle themes. Sidequest/optional bosses should also get a theme or two (also, if there's a particularly unique optional boss, they can get their own special theme). Then of course a few really major story bosses should get their own themes as well.

Dr. Buni

I just want the dungeon and battle themes to be as good as the ones from Persona 4. Meguro nailed dat soundtrack. Also, each (main) boss having an unique battle theme would be sweet.

Sophia

P4G having multiple battle themes was the best. Hopefully it continues.

pan-hime

tumblr_mw8esa7bpt1r9s07oo1_500.jpg

?!

FluxWaveZ

So that picture up top is probably part of the new opening that's been apparently added to the game. My guess is that the official website's gonna be updated soon enough with actual media to it seeing that the game should be released within the next month or so.

FluxWaveZ

It's a long loktest. Maybe he'll be added in a few days into it?

Hm, I wouldn't expect it, but there's always the possibility. I'd imagine both him and the next arcade character to be part of the cast for the game's official launch are being withheld for story reasons.

Sophia

Hm, I wouldn't expect it, but there's always the possibility. I'd imagine both him and the next arcade character to be part of the cast for the game's official launch are being withheld for story reasons.

Probably. I kinda expect an update to the arcade mode before console release if they don't test both of them out in this Loktest. No way they'll get the balance right first try.

FluxWaveZ

It's possible he's not a playable character at release like Labrys, S. Labrys, and Elizabeth.

There's also that possibility, but I would also doubt it given how Sho's reveal alongside the game is very similar to how Aigis was revealed with the original game and how they both weren't playable in initial loketests.

Soriku

Yeah, Persona 3 Portable. Loved every second of it.

I've also played some non-persona SMT games: Strange Journey, Devil Survivor 1 and Devil Survivor 2.

I assume you don't own a Vita. I'd just get Persona 4 on the PS2. It's still a pretty complete experience.

Also the other SMT games on PS2.

So yeah... it's coming :p

I decided to board the hype train even though I'm STILL not fully convinced.
If I get disappointed somebody will have to pay.... >:]

I'll be thinking for an appropriate punishment in the next few days!

Soriku

As "punishment", we get Radiant Historia 2 instead.

I-Ain-t-Even-Mad-the-fresh-prince-of-bel-air-30565881-400-300.png

Sophia

It is coming. If you're not convinced by now you're being silly. :p

I don't understand people's aversion to disappointment in this community. Try being a tabletop gaming (specifically Warhammer) enthusiast, we eat broken dreams for breakfast and ask for seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom