• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Akihiko: I can fight an enemy who uses electricity with my eyes closed. I don't suffer much damage from electricity. But, ice is a different story...Wait a minute... Isn't Mitsuru's Persona strong with ice? If my Persona is another side of me... and ice is my weakness... Is it just me or does there seem to be a connection there?

tumblr_mw6rkvU3A41qe6ix6o1_1280.png

FluxWaveZ

I think it means if you get hit, it counts as a fatal counter. Chie & Teddie's DPs have FR now.

Of course, this is just rumor and it seems unlikely that they'd do this to Kanji but... hahahaaa.

But then why is that a bad thing?

Oooh, wait, I was misinterpreting. So during Kanji's 214C/D recovery frames, he's in an FC state... HAHA, that's just grand. Now I get people going nuts about it.

Lemstar

being fatal countered means that every hit in the combo has increased hitstun time

basically it means you're going to eat an asston of damage

I'm not up to date on what exactly that means. He dies instantly if hit during those frames?

Getting hit by a Fatal Counter just means you're stunned for a longer period of time than normal, so better combos can be done. Gonna guess the use of "fatal recovery" is just bad wording for this.

Meia

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE.

In terms of soundtrack, I'm ok with more than one battle theme, though the random battle theme tends to be the catchiest song in the OST, so eh. I WANT a return of character specific themes though. Hoping that the extra work they had to do with P4A's music just because they never went that route after the early personas means they'll go back to it.

Maya's theme is still probably the only song I remember of the early personas off-hand.

Dantis

So, we all know that the music of the games is important to Persona, what should 5 be like there? Personally, I think every dungeon should have its own battle theme. The whole one battle song, one boss song thing feels a bit outdated to me honestly. I know I love the SMTIV ost, and quite a few don't, but you have to appreciate what that game and Nocturne did. They each have a sizable handful of normal battle songs, SMTIV having 3, and Nocturne having even more.

My only concern with the music is non-Meguro stuff. Kitajoh is the most hit and miss composer in the world.

In terms of soundtrack, I'm ok with more than one battle theme, though the random battle theme tends to be the catchiest song in the OST, so eh. I WANT a return of character specific themes though. Hoping that the extra work they had to do with P4A's music just because they never went that route after the early personas means they'll go back to it.

Maya's theme is still probably the only song I remember of the early personas off-hand.

Dunno if it's just me, But the battle theme tends to get incredibly irritating around the 50 hour mark. :\

More battle themes plz; It's not the PSX era anymore.

So, we all know that the music of the games is important to Persona, what should 5 be like there? Personally, I think every dungeon should have its own battle theme. The whole one battle song, one boss song thing feels a bit outdated to me honestly. I know I love the SMTIV ost, and quite a few don't, but you have to appreciate what that game and Nocturne did. They each have a sizable handful of normal battle songs, SMTIV having 3, and Nocturne having even more.

The more the merrier, I say. P4G had great music for each dungeon (though I did like how the Tartarus music built over each block until the whole composition played at the top), and having more than one battle/boss theme keeps thing fresh (even though I love Mass Destruction). As long as Meguro is handling things, I have faith it'll be awesome.

Caladrius

I want Grant Kirkhope to do the soundtrack.
And the protagonist should be a bear, with a snarky, red headed sidekick.

What I'm saying is I want Persona 5 to also be Banjo-Kazooie 3.

Actually let's make it a legit new Paper Mario too.

And F-Zero UX.

jrHw74K.png

this is supid

It just needs more photoshop magic.

Uh, hello?

PK Gaming

Uhhhh...

P4A2 changes said:
LOTS of moves have Fatal Recovery now, meaning that any move hitting them in recovery will lead to a FC combo. As a result, some characters seem to have lost their Fatal Counter starters.

Examples:
-Akihiko's Kill Rush has FR
-Chie's God Hand has FR
-Mitsuru's droits have FR
-Narukami's D Swift Strike has FR (FUCK)
-Yosuke's Tentarafoo has Fatal Recovery
-Yukiko's 2D, 3D, All Maragis and Dia may have Fatal Recovery

Noooooo

PS: I love how Aigis gets off unscathed (sigh)

FluxWaveZ

So now all of the Kanji whiners can calm down, since this seems like an actual trend among other characters. If the damage has actually been toned down from P4A, I wonder if this is as significant as some people fear.

It'll also make people less reckless when it comes to abusing certain moves.

Edit: And as always, literally everyone else gets notes except for Shadow Labrys. Brilliant.

So now all of the Kanji whiners can calm down, since this seems like an actual trend among other characters. If the damage has actually been toned down from P4A, I wonder if this is as significant as some people fear.

Edit: And as always, literally everyone else gets notes except for Shadow Labrys. Brilliant.

What is a shadow labrys

Meia

Me too. I'm fairly close to the end, I just got reeeeally sick of the gameplay. Need to force myself to get back into it.

Yeah, I went from IS straight into EP, which was a mistake given how, well, not updated the presentation was(no duh, right?).

Still want to finish off AA5 before I do anything else, just finding it hard to get motivated to play games atm. Still really need to do another run through of P4 for example. Definitely doing EP before that though.

But haven't there been some pretty heavy changes to movesets and stuff? It'll all be balanced for the new game so might not be something to worry about...

Am I understanding fatal counter right, though? Is it like a vulnerable state after using a certain move or something?

Also haven't seen any notes regarding shadow modes. Are they not that different from regular characters moveset-wise?

PK Gaming

Yeah, it'll definitely stop characters from throwing solid moves for free. I better be careful when I fall back with Ziocars, haha.

And I feel you man. It seems like my mains are always ignored... with the exception of P4A.

But haven't there been some pretty heavy changes to movesets and stuff? It'll all be balanced for the new game so might not be something to worry about...

Am I understanding fatal counter right, though? Is it like a vulnerable state after using a certain move or something?

Also haven't seen any notes regarding shadow modes. Are they not that different from regular characters moveset-wise?

Yeah i'm sure it'll be fine. I make a lot of mistakes when I play, so this kind of change scares me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom