• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just posted this in the new thread:

Guys, I think this is just a tease for Daylight. Looking at the synopsis on Wikipedia:

"The plot is centered around a woman who regains consciousness in an abandoned hospital with no memory of how she got there. With her cell phone as her only light source, she must explore the haunted hospital and its criminal past in order to escape."

The top of the page says, "ATLUS Center for New Releases, Women's Health.

Could be wrong, but it would explain the kind of creepy vibe to the whole thing.

EDIT: It would also explain why ATLUS USA is teasing this, and not ATLUS in Japan.

ssshadow

Neo Member
Pretty sure that's just on your end or something. I've been jamming keys for three minutes now and nothing. :p

Probably some random glitch then I suppose. Although they do alternate between different colors and positions when I press buttons.

vp1gjf2.png

Sophia

Just posted this in the new thread:

Could be wrong, but it would explain the kind of creepy vibe to the whole thing.

EDIT: It would also explain why ATLUS USA is teasing this, and not ATLUS in Japan.

Oooh, you might be right. It does seem like it's for Daylight.

Probably some random glitch then I suppose. Although they do alternate between different colors and positions when I press buttons.

vp1gjf2.png

Definitely on your end. No such lines are appearing on my browser after about ten minutes of jamming keys. Luckily I'm alone at the moment, or the sheer noise from my keyboard would drive people mad.

Oooh, you might be right. It does seem like it's for Daylight.

Yeah, plus there's this:

"Daylight is an upcoming survival horror video game. It is set to release for the PS4 and Microsoft Windows in early 2014."

So I'm guessing a new trailer on tonight's PS4 showcase on Spike TV.

Lunar15

Yeah, that's probably for daylight. Keep in mind, this was in the Atlus USA newsletter. I doubt Atlus USA would be teasing P5 at this point, given that JP is probably heading up marketing for that right now.

EMT0

Banned
Requoting myself from the other thread:

.....wait. Did anybody notice that starting from Persist 5, the numbers descend as:

Two 2s? Coincidence? Atlus, don't toy with my emotions like that. You're doing this on purpose, I know it.

Sneaky Atlus.

Caladrius

Narukami is the father. No one knows who the mother is.

And the super secret ending you'll easily miss unless somebody warns you is that they're all the mommies. Waifu mommies.

And the magician social link
is really the spirit of your vanished twin.

Protag

Banned
THE EXCITEMENT

could the ultrasound be a symbol of something??

The birth of a new enemy?
Rebirth of philemon?

Breh's im excitedddddddddd

Levito

Banned
So zombie baby?

The game is all about a woman lost in an asylum so an ultrasound is a deep metaphor you see.

Persona 5 is coming soon you guys, but I guarantee this picture is to do with Daylight. I mean you REALLY think a tacky ultrasound picture is going to be apart of the promotional stuff for a Persona game? What did Soejima steal it from a clinic or something? :p

Meia

The game is all about a woman lost in an asylum so an ultrasound is a deep metaphor you see.

Persona 5 is coming soon you guys, but I guarantee this picture is to do with Daylight. I mean you REALLY think a tacky ultrasound picture is going to be apart of the promotional stuff for a Persona game? What did Soejima steal it from a clinic or something? :p

Telling you, it's either for a female protagonist, or they're taking social links TO THE NEXT LEVEL.

Protag

Banned

But putting things like Persist 5 and Gold 4 in that image isnt fair, its going to make us wonder, and i def took the bait.

Meia

But putting things like Persist 5 and Gold 4 in that image isnt fair, its going to make us wonder, and i def took the bait.

Eh, if anything having that list have "Gold 4" and then "Persist 5" like that is just them beating us over the head that yes, Persona 5 is up next. And that's not a bad thing. :D

There's too many good signs. Yep, looks like finally everything's coming up Milhouse...

Remember when videogames had so much ART that they had Jessica Chobot in Mass Effect 3?

HIGH ART, POWERED BY DEW.

Remember when Mass Effect actually had a re-occuring reporter that would have been PERFECT for this role in the game, yet they killed her off in something random not even referenced in the game's fiction sometime between ME2 and ME3 just so they could stick CHOBOT in?!

THAT WAS AWESOME.

cjkeats

98.4% positive it's just Daylight. Meh.

But guys. How crazy would it be if it was actually Catherine 2?.
Developed by Trauma team, cause Persona team is obviously doing P5. Maybe.

lol.

I think you guys are missing something.

Look closely at the URL.

"/1119/"

November 19. So, I guess we'll find out what it is next Tuesday (November 19 falls on a Tuesday this year) if Daylight doesn't appear on the #PS4AllAccess show tonight.

Just turned my speakers on and got freaked out by the Heartbeat noise from that Atlus teaser site.

Dammit.

98.4% positive it's just Daylight. Meh.

But guys. How crazy would it be if it was actually Catherine 2?.
Developed by Trauma team, cause Persona team is obviously doing P5. Maybe.

lol.

Catherine 2 would make me wip out my Ryuko costume and be as giddy as a schoolgirl

FluxWaveZ

Site's creepy and Daylight's supposed to be a horror game. It'd be kinda weird to tease a game we already all know about in such a way, though.

For those researching the site a bit, I discovered some little facts.

I'm going to explain what the things on the left mean.

EC9-4 is a Siemens ultrasound tube. This is, of course, what displays the ultrasound on screen and allows the mother to hear the heartbeat of the fetus.
TV-OB means that it is “outside broadcasted” Basically, an ultrasound is broadcasted to the TV from an outside source.
55dB is the level of sound. This could also mean Persona 5, due to it having two fives, but I doubt it. 55dB is equivalent to the sound of a loud typewriter or a loud speaker.
8.0SMt is a term used for semiconductors. Actually, it’s not a term, more a level. Think of it like a seismic estimation of an earthquake. It is 8.0 on the scale. Notice anything else? It is commonly referred to as SMT, which is also the abbreviation for the Shin Megami Tensei series by Atlus.
PR 60 dB could mean a PR60 DC adapter, which allows for radios (which play mostly around a dB level) to be powered. It could also mean PR, such as this being a PR stunt by Atlus, but I don’t think that’s it.
Persist 5. This is probably a reference to Persona 5.
Gold 4. This is probably a reference to Persona 4 Golden
S|C 3 seems to relate to the URL, which is sc_c2.swf
C2. This is most certainly a reference to the URL, when combined with S|C 3 especially. This is also a genetic for protein coding.

FluxWaveZ

Hm, but none of it really means anything on its own, right? References to birth to a woman to the hospital... well, those could naturally point to Daylight.

But dude, "Persist 5" and "Gold 4"? Even if the stuff on the left's just a list of what they've localized or are localizing, that would mean something by itself.

For those researching the site a bit, I discovered some little facts.

I'm going to explain what the things on the left mean.

EC9-4 is a Siemens ultrasound tube. This is, of course, what displays the ultrasound on screen and allows the mother to hear the heartbeat of the fetus.
TV-OB means that it is “outside broadcasted” Basically, an ultrasound is broadcasted to the TV from an outside source.
55dB is the level of sound. This could also mean Persona 5, due to it having two fives, but I doubt it. 55dB is equivalent to the sound of a loud typewriter or a loud speaker.
8.0SMt is a term used for semiconductors. Actually, it’s not a term, more a level. Think of it like a seismic estimation of an earthquake. It is 8.0 on the scale. Notice anything else? It is commonly referred to as SMT, which is also the abbreviation for the Shin Megami Tensei series by Atlus.
PR 60 dB could mean a PR60 DC adapter, which allows for radios (which play mostly around a dB level) to be powered. It could also mean PR, such as this being a PR stunt by Atlus, but I don’t think that’s it.
Persist 5. This is probably a reference to Persona 5.
Gold 4. This is probably a reference to Persona 4 Golden
S|C 3 seems to relate to the URL, which is sc_c2.swf
C2. This is most certainly a reference to the URL, when combined with S|C 3 especially. This is also a genetic for protein coding.

I recognise some of these, My sister was pregnant earlier this year as for the Persist 5, it probably has nothing to do with Persona,...http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11978274 as you can see in this image, P5 is on the scan.

As for the Gold one, no idea. Never seen or heard of that before.

Though I could be wrong, I'm far from knowing anything to do with this kind of stuff.

Remember when Mass Effect actually had a re-occuring reporter that would have been PERFECT for this role in the game, yet they killed her off in something random not even referenced in the game's fiction sometime between ME2 and ME3 just so they could stick CHOBOT in?!

THAT WAS AWESOME.

Yeah, I remember that. Yep. Yes indeed.

*deep breath*

wwe-raw-20110426031822190.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom