• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

But haven't there been some pretty heavy changes to movesets and stuff? It'll all be balanced for the new game so might not be something to worry about...

Am I understanding fatal counter right, though? Is it like a vulnerable state after using a certain move or something?

Also haven't seen any notes regarding shadow modes. Are they not that different from regular characters moveset-wise?

The notes people are talking about are loketest #3 specific. Many of the previous changes, including Shadow mode characters, were detailed in loketest #1 and #2 notes which can be found here.

Given a lot of the mechanical changes, it is indeed premature for people to give out a verdict on a character's potential early on despite the FR moves. Though, it's still not something that can be glossed over when keeping in mind the previous game and how those characters worked before.

Fatal Counters do the following:
- Increase damage
- Increase a move's hitstun, allowing for extended combos

These moves were previously the result of a certain move (Akihiko's 5B or Shadow Labrys' 5B) hitting an opponent that would usually result in a counter with another move that wouldn't have the FC property.

Now, there are certain moves that, if blocked or evaded by the opponent, can be Fatal Countered by ANY move the opponent gives out and not just the FC property moves.

PK Gaming

Yu Narukami:
- they added secret super 214214AB, and you have to keep inputting command: A>A>B>C>B>C>D>2AB>214214CD, cost 150meter and does 3k, no idea whats the point of this move

I WONDER WHAT THIS LOOKS LIKE!!! I bet its a bunch of badass electric slashes. Man i'm soooo glad I main Yu.

Yu Narukami:

I WONDER WHAT THIS LOOKS LIKE!!! I bet its a bunch of badass electric slashes. Man i'm soooo glad I main Yu.

Kinda reminds me of how Order Sol has Dragon Install Sekkai where you have to input quite a few attacks to get the whole super out, just for an excessively flashy finisher super. It's the closest thing he has to an IK even, fun fact, since he does not have one.

Ah, thanks for the info, Flux.

I wonder though... with the kind of changes there are in shadow mode, if that would mean they play like a totally different character, or if it would be easier to get a grips on using them if you're used to the regular version...

PK Gaming

FWIW, I'm having fun by posting these "exaggerated" reactions.

Yosuke:

Moonsault slash startup is slower
Tipper 5C > 2C > 236B does not combo
236B makes you fall in front of the opponent, does not groundbounce on hit, V slasher still combos afterwards,

Bye.

Caladrius

Finally got out of the damned air shelter. I may finish this game yet!

Also what's with
The hellish screaming at the top of Kasugayama after you go to the gym
?

FluxWaveZ

I wonder though... with the kind of changes there are in shadow mode, if that would mean they play like a totally different character, or if it would be easier to get a grips on using them if you're used to the regular version...

Well given how the Shadow characters operate, they would most certainly be easier to use if one's familiar with how to play their normal version counterpart. It's not so much that they play like a totally different character, but how one wants to adapt their playstyle around a certain character (i.e. playing more defensive as normal mode or playing more aggressive as Shadow mode).

FWIW, I'm having fun by posting these "exaggerated" reactions.

Yeah, though this has been known for a while. Yosuke's daggers are a hard knockdown now, though the fact that his Tentarafoo apparently launches is new.

Edit: Nevermind, I was thinking of j.236C/D (obviously, heh). I always hated being hit by 236B because of that groundbounce stuff, so yay.

Well given how the Shadow characters operate, they would most certainly be easier to use if one's familiar with how to play their normal version counterpart. It's not so much that they play like a totally different character, but how one wants to adapt their playstyle around a certain character (i.e. playing more defensive as normal mode or playing more aggressive as Shadow mode).
Yeah that's what I was hoping. Gives you an option to change things up now and then for the fun of it, without having to learn a whole new set of moves.

PK Gaming

Hmm, based on the changelist I think I can come up with a preliminary tier list for this game.

Gives 0 fucks tier
-Aigis

Swag tier
-Yu Narukami

RIP tier
-Chie
-Mitsuru
-Elizabeth

Where are the Yukari/Junpei/Shadow Labrys mains at tier
-Yukari
-Junpei
-Shadow Labrys

WOW THEY REALLY HATE KANJI tier
-Kanji

Hmm, based on the changelist I think I can come up with a preliminary tier list for this game.

Where are the Yukari/Junpei/Shadow Labrys mains at tier
-Yukari
-Junpei
-Shadow Labrys

30768-Emma-Watson-raise-hand-Conan-g-FDcJ.gif

PK Gaming

Well uh i'm a casual player who likes the joke around so take that tier list with a grain of salt :p

But it doesn't take a genius to realize that fatal recovery on command grabs is really, really bad for Kanji...

ssshadow

Neo Member
Narukami knocked up one of the P4 girls, clearly.

This seems like it might warrant a new thread, right?

EDIT: It says Gold 4. Come on now. Is this for real?

Maybe? Though I think I read somewhere that you should avoid starting threads with little to no information available about the subject. I mean this tells us literally nothing, I think. Unless it is a Trauma game? But why would Atlus USA tease it before Japan?

Any Junpei mainers care to help a noob out in learning the ropes and becoming the best gosh-darned P4C player in all of NorFlo?

also: confirmed Persona 5 to have all newborn cast.

Dantis

Speaking of design, I wonder if the characters in P5 will be drawn in the P3/P4 style or in the P4 Arena style. Hopefully the former.

I'm reeeeeasonably sure it will Soejima's usual style. It fucking better be, anyway.

I think Arena is like it is to try and fit with Arc's work. Also because Soejima seemingly doesn't get too much say in the actual designs.

PK Gaming

akNpfRdRVkNDdOZQ_7iTV2kp-4D1XX3goKplZR6zq7hwHnPbh1ZTCL1amWpJkvFVtzanN1uLtbcE07DmK1RvxrwOtwOpwkfmq8yjp0zlVyHx0Ib-t870k0-MRQ

I'm in tears.

I wonder if the Persona 4 staff members that worked on P4A are aware of how egregious the nerfs are. Arcsys killed him. He's dead.

Okay so analysis time:

It says

Persist 5

Gold 4

S|C 3 (?)

G2

Trint 2

are these actual terms or are they hints? lol I know nothing about this sort of thing/

Dr. Buni

I'm reeeeeasonably sure it will Soejima's usual style. It fucking better be, anyway.

I think Arena is like it is to try and fit with Arc's work. Also because Soejima seemingly doesn't get too much say in the actual designs.
Yeah, I am not a fan of the Persona 4 Arena art style, so I hope Soejima is responsible for the art in Persona 5.

Super Sentai Heroine Yukari is awesome, though

ssshadow

Neo Member
Okay so analysis time:

It says

Persist 5

Gold 4

S|C 3 (?)

G2

Trint 2

are these actual terms or are they hints? lol I know nothing about this sort of thing/
If you want to go crazy, press random keys on your keyboard. The right side of the site will get some random lines of different colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom